Catholics; Do You Believe This?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Accusiong people of "Lies" without producing ANY evidence to the contrary...

YOU spoke your lie without evidence.
YOU said I deny Scripture. I said that is a lie.
YOU produce your evidence for YOUR claim.
THEN I will produce evidence to the Contrary!
Otherwise, remain a liar making False claims without Evidence.

James 5 ALSO speaks of salvation without repentance - in the Anointing of the Sick:
James 5:13-15

Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the epresbyters lders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.

LOL...Two points...
# 1
IF someone is SICK, ask a cleric to offer a prayer IN faith over them and anoint them with oil IN the name of the Lord.

THEN the Lord will raise up that SICK person.

IF that same SICK person has sinned;
THE Lord will forgive that SICK persons sins.

That is not a person receiving Salvation of their soul, or a Quickening of their spirit.

That is a SICK person being healed by the POWER of God.
That is a SICK person being forgiven of SINS “they committed”, by the POWER of Gods Word...ie Lord Jesus Name.

LOL- YOUR USUAL FALSE ACCUSATION, another LIE. —->

The pathetic little god YOU'VE invented for youerself may be unmerciful - but the God of Scripture is INFINITELY merciful . . .

Nothing new.
What is “pathetic” is you making up LIES to vomit on others, AS your PRETENSE, that what you claim IS Verified IN Scripture.

The point was about you pretending you received the Holy Spirit:
WITHOUT a confession of repentance of for having Disbelief,
WITHOUT a confession of Having Belief.

You making a FALSE ACCUSATION, without one iota of Evidence, that I supposedly invented a god.

You pretending a Scripture that speaks of a cleric praying over a SICK person, anointing that SICK person with Oil in Jesus Name, and Jesus healing their SICKNESS....
AND IF that person committed sin, Jesus would forgive them.....
TO MEANING...a healthy baby, apparently having COMMITTED a sin against God (whom the baby has never heard of) is forgiven of that supposed sin, that baby committed....and thereafter the Baby is IN-DWELT with the Hoy Spirit.
...what a mishandling and corruption of Scripture!

Obviously you are IGNORANT of the difference between,
Naturally born in sin...and the Commission of Sin!

Expressly states...

If they have sinned...

Nothing new, YOU makes false accusations.
Nothing new, YOU pretending Scripture Verifies your claims, when clearly they do not.

BORN IN SIN.....is NOT COMMITTING A SIN!

Nothing new...You are IN ERROR.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU spoke your lie without evidence.
YOU said I deny Scripture. I said that is a lie.
YOU produce your evidence for YOUR claim.
THEN I will produce evidence to the Contrary!
Otherwise, remain a liar making False claims without Evidence.

And YOU ate a LIAR.

I not only gave you the Strong's definition for "Epignosis" - I gave you a LITANY of Protestant scholarship on thus Biblical term in post #182.
YOU ressponded with your usual idiotic denials with ZERO evidence to the contrary - because I basically schooled you on a Biblical concept that you were ignorant of.
LOL...Two points...
# 1
IF someone is SICK, ask a cleric to offer a prayer IN faith over them and anoint them with oil IN the name of the Lord.

THEN the Lord will raise up that SICK person.

IF that same SICK person has sinned;
THE Lord will forgive that SICK persons sins.

That is not a person receiving Salvation of their soul, or a Quickening of their spirit.

That is a SICK person being healed by the POWER of God.
That is a SICK person being forgiven of SINS “they committed”, by the POWER of Gods Word...ie Lord Jesus Name.

LOL- YOUR USUAL FALSE ACCUSATION, another LIE. —->

More of your idiotic denials of the Word of God.

NOWHERE does this passage in James 5 state that the sick person must "repent" in order to be foregiven of their sinc. All it takes is the faithful prayer of the presbyter/priest to bring about this forgiveness.
This is a TEXTBOOK example of what a "Priest" is.

Being FORGIVEN of your sins makes you right with God.
If that sick person dies - they are saved - WITHOUT having repented.

Nothing new.
What is “pathetic” is you making up LIES to vomit on others, AS your PRETENSE, that what you claim IS Verified IN Scripture.
The point was about you pretending you received the Holy Spirit:
WITHOUT a confession of repentance of for having Disbelief,
WITHOUT a confession of Having Belief.

You making a FALSE ACCUSATION, without one iota of Evidence, that I supposedly invented a god.

You pretending a Scripture that speaks of a cleric praying over a SICK person, anointing that SICK person with Oil in Jesus Name, and Jesus healing their SICKNESS....
AND IF that person committed sin, Jesus would forgive them.....
TO MEANING...a healthy baby, apparently having COMMITTED a sin against God (whom the baby has never heard of) is forgiven of that supposed sin, that baby committed....and thereafter the Baby is IN-DWELT with the Hoy Spirit.
...what a mishandling and corruption of Scripture!

Obviously you are IGNORANT of the difference between,
Naturally born in sin...and the Commission of Sin!

Expressly states...

If they have sinned...

Nothing new, YOU makes false accusations.
Nothing new, YOU pretending Scripture Verifies your claims, when clearly they do not.

BORN IN SIN.....is NOT COMMITTING A SIN!

Nothing new...You are IN ERROR.
I received the Holy Spirit at Baptism, per John 3:5.
At my Confoirmation - I rededicated mny life to the service of Christ as I received the Holy Spirit is a more powerful way.

The Apostels received the Holy spirit when they were cowering in secret and fearing for their lives on the night Jesus rose from the dead (John 20:21-23).
They received Him more fully when they were ready at Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4).

Being a person who is used to denying the Word of God - YOU woudln't have ANY idead . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I received the Holy Spirit at Baptism, per John 3:5.
At my Confoirmation - I rededicated mny life to the service of Christ as I received the Holy Spirit is a more powerful way.

The Apostels received the Holy spirit when they were cowering in secret and fearing for their lives on the night Jesus rose from the dead (John 20:21-23).
They received Him more fully when they were ready at Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4).

Your Catholic teaching has done you no favor.

Reactions: amigo de christo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Catholic teaching has done you no favor.
That’s precisely the kind of unintelligent non-response I would expect from the likes of you.

Oh – and you STILLL haven’t addressed the fat that the following Greek scholarly sources DISAFREE with you on the meaning of “Epignosis”:
- Richard Chenevix Trench
- J.B. Lightfoot
- Vine's Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words
- The New Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon
- Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament

Gee – I wonder WHY that is . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
exactly my friend . Flee it . Many gonna do as they do , but lambs do as JESUS said to do .
And Jesus said that those - like YOU - who reject His Church, reject HIM anf the ONE who sent Him (Luke 10:16).

Good luck with that . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus said that those - like YOU - who reject His Church, reject HIM anf the ONE who sent Him (Luke 10:16).

@amigo de christo has not ONCE claimed to reject Christ’s Church or Reject Him or the one who Sent Him...

Nothing new...pretending your false accusation makes your false claims valid....

Same ole gaslighter.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flee the Banquet of the Lord?

What could possibly cause me to do that..

Pax et Bonum
The love of Christ sure could . We dont have the time folks think we do and we had better make our calling and election sure .
We better make sure its the biblical Christ we do know , love and follow and not some other jesus that man has preached , cause that one
cannot save .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The love of Christ sure could .

Hello amigo,

The love of Christ is fully expressed in the Banquet He sets for us.

"For this reason a man shall leave (his) father and (his) mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."

This is a great mystery, but I speak in reference to Christ and the church.

All are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Pax et Bonum

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amigo de christo has not ONCE claimed to reject Christ’s Church or Reject Him or the one who Sent Him...

Nothing new...pretending your false accusation makes your false claims valid....

Same ole gaslighter.
Oh, that’s right – Jesus’s Church was built sometime after the 16th century . . . NOT!

YOUR sect – whatever that may be - and YOUR perverted belief system didn’t come about until way AFTER His Church was established.

A simple stroll through HISTORY proves you wrong . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken said; @amigo de christo has not once claimed to reject Christ Jesus’ Church or reject Him or reject the one He sent.

And your response is:....making some stupid comment about when Jesus’ Church was built and then disagreeing with yourself...

LOL....:D Another gaslighter FAIL.

Oh, that’s right – Jesus’s Church was built sometime after the 16th century . . . NOT!

YOUR sect – whatever that may be - and YOUR perverted belief system didn’t come about until way AFTER His Church was established.

A simple stroll through HISTORY proves you wrong . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken said; @amigo de christo has not once claimed to reject Christ Jesus’ Church or reject Him or reject the one He sent.

And your response is:....making some stupid comment about when Jesus’ Church was built and then disagreeing with yourself...

LOL....:D Another gaslighter FAIL.
Apparently, NEITHER of you are students of Scripture OR history . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, NEITHER of you are students of Scripture OR history . . .

Your ^ quote to @amigo de christo

Apparently it is you who needs to pay attention to Scriptural Teaching.
@amigo de christo said no such thing!

“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.”
“You shall not spread a false report.”

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your ^ quote to @amigo de christo

Apparently it is you who needs to pay attention to Scriptural Teaching.
@amigo de christo said no such thing!

“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.”
“You shall not spread a false report.”
The RCC is of the dragon and my advice is no man , woman or child enter into any kind of unity with her .
I will warn against her and any other place or doctrine that is false till the end my friend .
IF WE LOVE the peoples we WARN the peoples . AND ROME IS SUPER DEADLY as are quite a few other places i might add .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The RCC is of the dragon and my advice is no man , woman or child enter into any kind of unity with her .
I will warn against her and any other place or doctrine that is false till the end my friend .
IF WE LOVE the peoples we WARN the peoples . AND ROME IS SUPER DEADLY as are quite a few other places i might add .

I think the underlying problem is...basically two-fold.
* The Weight given extra Biblical teaching, being equaled to Scripture.
* The “BOOK”, Catechism, that teaches a mans understanding of Biblical Script.

Fact is: Scripture Never directs a man to rely on, extra Biblical teaching.
Fact is: Understanding of Gods Word, is given “individuals” via Gods Himself.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the underlying problem is...basically two-fold.
* The Weight given extra Biblical teaching, being equaled to Scripture.
* The “BOOK”, Catechism, that teaches a mans understanding of Biblical Script.

Fact is: Scripture Never directs a man to rely on, extra Biblical teaching.
Fact is: Understanding of Gods Word, is given “individuals” via Gods Himself.
The blind leading the BLINDER . . .

The fact is, my woefully-ignorant friend, Scripture DOESN’T teach that we are to adhere to Scripture ALONE. That is a man-made precept, invented by your Protestant Fathers in the 16th century.

What Scripture DOES teach – and rather explicitly, I might add – is that Jesus left His Church in charge – to teach ALL nations and to Baptize them (Matt. 28:19-20).
- He said that WHATEVER His CJURCH declared on earth would also be declared in Heaven (Matt. 16:19, Matt. 18:15-19).
- He said that whoever listened to or rejected His CHURCH, listened to and rejected HIM and the ONE who sent Him (Luke 10:16).
- He stated that the Holy Spirit would guide His CHURCH to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).
- He gave the leaders of His CHURCH the power to forgive or retain sins in His name.

You and your equally-ignorant friend reject ALL of this, so you reject HIM.