Catholics; Do You Believe This?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
24084_e5135964b4e5a62526135e56b619410a.png
Peter told Cornelius not to WORSHIP him.
Catholics don't "worship" the Pope - only God.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church:
Article 1
THE FIRST COMMANDMENT

I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them.
It is written: "
You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve."

I. "You Shall Worship the Lord Your God and Him Only Shall You Serve"

2084 God makes himself known by recalling his all-powerful loving, and liberating action in the history of the one he addresses: "I brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage." the first word contains the first commandment of the Law: "You shall fear the LORD your God; you shall serve him.... You shall not go after other gods." God's first call and just demand is that man accept him and worship him.

So much for YOUR manure . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet again, deflecting.
Very simple question and still can not answer.
Not surprised.
And I already answered and FULLY addressed your question - your pathetic LIES notwithstanding.
Go back and READ poost #28, Einstein . . .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter told Cornelius not to WORSHIP him.
Catholics don't "worship" the Pope - only God.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church:
Article 1
THE FIRST COMMANDMENT

I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them.
It is written: "
You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve."

I. "You Shall Worship the Lord Your God and Him Only Shall You Serve"

2084 God makes himself known by recalling his all-powerful loving, and liberating action in the history of the one he addresses: "I brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage." the first word contains the first commandment of the Law: "You shall fear the LORD your God; you shall serve him.... You shall not go after other gods." God's first call and just demand is that man accept him and worship him.

So much for YOUR manure . . .
Exactly DONT WORSHIP ME . SO stop kissing rings and bowing before popes and calling them MOST HOLY REVERAND .
Cause JESUS said not to do that either . Your popes decieved you all . But i have come to do all that i can by grace
to point the peoples to CHRIST and not unto men gone wrong .

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question.
No salvation outsid the Catholic Church?
Means in lay terms
You wouldn't have ever heard of Jesus without the Catholic Church .
So your Salvation didn't, come from somewhere outside of her

Reactions: BreadOfLife

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Means in lay terms
You wouldn't have ever heard of Jesus without the Catholic Church .
So your Salvation didn't, come from somewhere outside of her

Thanks. Perhaps that is the view of a Catholic, IDK.
However:
I would say hearing about Jesus, His Doctrine and Christ’s Church is accredited to the Jewish Apostles.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T
hanks. Perhaps that is the view of a Catholic, IDK.
However:
I would say hearing about Jesus, His Doctrine and Christ’s Church is accredited to the Jewish Apostles.
Thank you Taken.
Judeo-Christian is a universal expressions. I like it for it encapsulates the whole. Hope your day is fulfilling.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we cannot be saved outside of Christ's church. His body. The question we need to ask, is the Catholic Church His?

Confidant Jesus established “His Church”, upon ‘CHRIST, is the ROCK foundation and HEAD of Jesus’ Church.

Matt 16: (paraphrasing)
Jesus says...hey disciples, what’s the buzz, who do men say that I am?
Jesus says...well what about you disciples, who do YOU say that I am?
Uh....? ? ? ? Not sure of the CORRECT ANSWER...oops.
....God intervenes, and TELLS “Simon Barjona”...THE “secret” WORD...
THE....CHRIST!
Ohhhhh, okay...
....So “Simon Barjona” REPEATS what God JUST TOLD HIM!
....Jesus ^5 yeah “Simon Barjona”,

Right ANSWER!
...Hey Simon Barjona, YOU just received A Blessing from God!
...Hey Simon Barjona, For Repeating the RIGHT ANSWER,
YOU, can rightfully be called BY THE SURNAME, Jesus gave you....”PETER”.
...Hey All you other disciples HEARD what God told Simon Barjona, and All you other disciples now KNOW and Believe,
I Jesus AM, the CHRIST!
...Hey, all you Disciples, TELL NO ONE, that “I, Jesus, AM the Christ”...

....”I Jesus, have Other things to TELL you”...
....”MY Church SHALL be built UPON...
THE ROCK, who is Christ...and Members of “MY CHURCH” shall KNOW and Believe:
“Jesus IS the Christ, the Son of the Living God”!
...And every ADDED member shall be AS, a stone upon stone....Beginning WITH Christ, the Chief Corner Stone, and the FRIST Members, Jesus’ Disciples, and thereafter every other man who Hears, Believes and Confesses their true Heartful Belief.
(Pfff on that ole man-made of literal stones, Tower of Babel...
Christ’s Church IS A Spiritual ROCK foundation, WITH Spiritual stones upon stones, reaching up and up to the Kingdom of Heaven!

Matt 16:
[18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Acknowledging Peter, is the first Disciple TO KNOW Jesus is the Christ is Disciple Peter’s fame.

The FIRST TO KNOW, the Christ was born, were Jewish Shepards.
Luke 2:
[8] And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
[9] And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
[10] And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
[11] For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

AFTER, Jesus returned to Heaven, THEN did the Disciples RECEIVE, their Salvation, along with OTHER Believers, That “Jesus IS the Christ, the Son of the Living God.”
(Acts 2:1-4)

Context.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly DONT WORSHIP ME . SO stop kissing rings and bowing before popes and calling them MOST HOLY REVERAND .
Cause JESUS said not to do that either . Your popes decieved you all . But i have come to do all that i can by grace
to point the peoples to CHRIST and not unto men gone wrong .
It doesn't surprose me that you would make such a dishonest and stupid statement like this,
Bur, it's just par-for-the-course for an antiu-Catholic . . .

So - are these people "WORSHIPPING" each other - or simply showing affection, love and respect?
images
upload_2022-6-15_7-11-14.jpeg
images

Save the lies for youor equally-hateful friens.
We're FULL of them here . . .

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we cannot be saved outside of Christ's church. His body. The question we need to ask, is the Catholic Church His?
Absolutely.
Just as sure as your SDA sect is Ellen White's . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - YOU just don't like my answewr in post #28 because with me against you . . .

Ofcourse I do not like your answer. Your answer does not address a response to the question.

The question was expressly about your Catholic Churches Doctrine.
Your wasting time saying you answered the question, when you did not, is nothing new.
Same old deception and dodging.
BORING!

Reactions: amigo de christo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ofcourse I do not like your answer. Your answer does not address a response to the question.
The question was expressly about your Catholic Churches Doctrine.
Your wasting time saying you answered the question, when you did not, is nothing new.
Same old deception and dodging.
BORING!
That question was answered SEVERAL times - beginning with the OP.

Paragraphs 846 & 847 of the Catechism lay it out explicitly in the teaching, Extra Ecclisiam Nulla Salus (Outside the Church there is NO salvation).

You cannot be saved if you reject Christ. Christ and His Church are ONE, according to HIM (Acts 9:4-5).
His Church is the FULLNESS of Him, according to the Holy spirit, speaking through Paul (Eph. 1:22-23).

You continue to argue in circles . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't surprose me that you would make such a dishonest and stupid statement like this,
Bur, it's just par-for-the-course for an antiu-Catholic . . .

So - are these people "WORSHIPPING" each other - or simply showing affection, love and respect?
images
View attachment 23490
images

Save the lies for youor equally-hateful friens.
We're FULL of them here . . .

None of your photos imply or explicitly says one person is showing affection to a person they belief to be a “proclaimed INFALLIBLE representative of Christ”!

Nothing new, of your out of context claims or hate filled comments.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That question was answered SEVERAL times - beginning with the OP.

Paragraphs 846 & 847 of the Catechism lay it out explicitly in the teaching, Extra Ecclisiam Nulla Salus (Outside the Church there is NO salvation).

What is ...... THE CHURCH, according to the Catholic Church?

You continue to argue in circles . . .

Nope. Was simply waiting for an answer to the question.

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Outside the Church there is no salvation"

TRUE STATEMENT!!! - BUT: The "CHURCH" refers to the REAL Church of Jesus Christ which is made up of people Born Again of the Holy SPirit and walking in truth.

It has nothing to do with the "Catholic Churches" (Roman and otherwise) who have totally mistaken themselves for the "Church" that Jesus died for.

There are Born AGain Christians in the Catholic churches, because God can, and does reach folks in all sorts of different environments, and lead them to Himself in spite of the religious error of the "Visible Church systems" they may be part of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite and Taken

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh good grief....I was not asking YOU FOR a Scripture!
I was ASKING specifically about YOUR Catholic Church Teaching.
You know....that Catechism Manuel for TEACHING CATHOLICS?

Having trouble keeping on point of the conversation?
Are you UNAWARE Catholics and Protestants have differing methods and rituals for Baptisms?

Try again answering from the Catholic Church’s Position...
Can a person OUTSIDE of the Catholic Church, WITHOUT a Catholic Priest, ACCORDING TO THE CATHOLIC’S CHURCH position, BE Baptized with the Holy Spirit?
Yes. Catholics are instructed to accept all baptized in Christ as Christians. We are not your enemy, but you want us to be.

There is no salvation outside the Church. That is what the Apostles taught, and the historic Church doesn't have the authority to change that. The historic Church, the Catholic Church, does not exclude separated communities from the Body of Christ, contrary to the psychotic ramblings of anti-Catholics.

CCC820 "Christ bestowed unity on his Church from the beginning. This unity, we believe, subsists in the Catholic Church as something she can never lose, and we hope that it will continue to increase until the end of time."277 Christ always gives his Church the gift of unity, but the Church must always pray and work to maintain, reinforce, and perfect the unity that Christ wills for her. This is why Jesus himself prayed at the hour of his Passion, and does not cease praying to his Father, for the unity of his disciples: "That they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be one in us, . . . so that the world may know that you have sent me."278 The desire to recover the unity of all Christians is a gift of Christ and a call of the Holy Spirit.279
full context: Catechism of the Catholic Church - IntraText

The desire to further divide the unity of Christians does not come from the Holy Spirit. You wanna deflect from the topic with baptism, fine. Protestants are hopelessly divided on the matter of baptism. Sola scripturists disagree with sola scripturists.
John 3:5 and Titus 3:5: Proofs for Baptismal Regeneration?