Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When you say stuff like that, it tells me you're not being honest. Anyone who knows what an obelisk looks like will tell you that "lump of stone" is an obelisk. It was built for the worship of Egyptian gods.
Calling it anything other than what it is, is being dishonest.

You don't know what it was built for and you have provided no evidence it was built for the worship of Egyptian gods.

As I pointed out it has no hieroglyphics on it. No-one knows where it was quarried or who actually had it made. Therefore to claim it was made for worship of Egyptian gods is dishonest.

It's simply a pillar of stone.

How about your quote?

The small cross on top contains relics of the true cross. It symbolizes Christian victory over paganism.
That's not my quote but I can't see that it supports your claim. Since it seems that the Emperor Caligula brought it to Rome from Egypt in around 37/40 AD we can be sure that it was made by pagans, but the purpose is unknown

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
If you want to do that then do it your own thread and stop Catholic bashing in this one. Why is it impossible to have a proper discussion without anti-Catholic crazies like you jumping in?

I wasn't bashing Catholics. I am a servant of God who was used to testify to the knowledge called Christ during the second witness of the millennium reign of Christ. Now I have the mind of Christ to understand all the prophecies written in the Bible. So the "feet of iron and clay" represents Christianity. The feet of iron represents Catholicism and the Vatican who governs it. The feet of clay represents the Protestant churches. So together, they were used by the beast to keep building false gods after the Roman Empire fell to outside forces until the computer technology was built with human hands. This computer technology was necessary as visible images for me to learn exactly how we're created.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't bashing Catholics. I am a servant of God who was used to testify to the knowledge called Christ during the second witness of the millennium reign of Christ. Now I have the mind of Christ to understand all the prophecies written in the Bible. So the "feet of iron and clay" represents Christianity. The feet of iron represents Catholicism and the Vatican who governs it. The feet of clay represents the Protestant churches. So together, they were used by the beast to keep building false gods after the Roman Empire fell to outside forces until the computer technology was built with human hands. This computer technology was necessary as visible images for me to learn exactly how we're created.
Look, it doesn't really matter what crazy ideas you have about yourself.
This thread was started to explore Catholicism not your weird self promoting garbage.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
Look, it doesn't really matter what crazy ideas you have about yourself.
This thread was started to explore Catholicism not your weird self promoting garbage.

And I have told you were Catholicism comes from which is the beast. There's nothing weird about this fact but you think it's weird because you keep listening to false prophets telling you lies.

Reactions: Job

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And I have told you were Catholicism comes from which is the beast. There's nothing weird about this fact

It's not a fact. It's just your twisted mind.

but you think it's weird because you keep listening to false prophets telling you lies.
You are the false prophet telling lies.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ra aside, it's still an Egyptian idol. A pagan idol. What's the purpose of the idol?
So putting a cross on a pagan idol neutralizes the pagan influence?
According to the BIBLICAL definition of "idol", it's something that is worshiped other than God. The obelisk fails this definition because it is a historical monument and nothing more. Nobody worships the obelisk. Are all historical monuments idols? It looks to me you read some anti-Catholic Bible hate site asserting the pagan influence fallacy. Is Catholicism Pagan? | Catholic Answers < this exposes the lies that has turned many good Christians into anti-Catholic bigots.

2112 The first commandment condemns polytheism. It requires man neither to believe in, nor to venerate, other divinities than the one true God. Scripture constantly recalls this rejection of "idols, [of] silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see." These empty idols make their worshippers empty: "Those who make them are like them; so are all who trust in them."42God, however, is the "living God"43 who gives life and intervenes in history.

Catechism of the Catholic Church
Idolatry not only refers to false pagan worship. It remains a constant temptation to faith. Idolatry consists in divinizing what is not God. Man commits idolatry whenever he honors and reveres a creature in place of God, whether this be gods or demons (for example, satanism), power, pleasure, race, ancestors, the state, money, etc. Jesus says, "You cannot serve God and mammon."44 Many martyrs died for not adoring "the Beast"45 refusing even to simulate such worship. Idolatry rejects the unique Lordship of God; it is therefore incompatible with communion with God.46
2114 Human life finds its unity in the adoration of the one God. The commandment to worship the Lord alone integrates man and saves him from an endless disintegration. Idolatry is a perversion of man's innate religious sense. An idolater is someone who "transfers his indestructible notion of God to anything other than God."47
2112 The first commandment condemns polytheism. It requires man neither to believe in, nor to venerate, other divinities than the one true God. Scripture constantly recalls this rejection of "idols, [of] silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see." These empty idols make their worshippers empty: "Those who make them are like them; so are all who trust in them."42God, however, is the "living God"43 who gives life and intervenes in history.
2113 Idolatry not only refers to false pagan worship. It remains a constant temptation to faith. Idolatry consists in divinizing what is not God. Man commits idolatry whenever he honors and reveres a creature in place of God, whether this be gods or demons (for example, satanism), power, pleasure, race, ancestors, the state, money, etc. Jesus says, "You cannot serve God and mammon."44 Many martyrs died for not adoring "the Beast"45 refusing even to simulate such worship. Idolatry rejects the unique Lordship of God; it is therefore incompatible with communion with God.46
2114 Human life finds its unity in the adoration of the one God. The commandment to worship the Lord alone integrates man and saves him from an endless disintegration. Idolatry is a perversion of man's innate religious sense. An idolater is someone who "transfers his indestructible notion of God to anything other than God."47
The obelisk is not a pagan idol, it is a monument to the many Christians martyred by pagan Romans because that is where it stood some 2000 years ago. Calling it an idol is an insult to their sacrifice.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
According to the BIBLICAL definition of "idol", it's something that is worshiped other than God. The obelisk fails this definition because it is a historical monument and nothing more. Nobody worships the obelisk. Are all historical monuments idols? It looks to me you read some anti-Catholic Bible hate site asserting the pagan influence fallacy. Is Catholicism Pagan? | Catholic Answers < this exposes the lies that has turned many good Christians into anti-Catholic bigots.

Catechism of the Catholic Church
Idolatry not only refers to false pagan worship. It remains a constant temptation to faith. Idolatry consists in divinizing what is not God. Man commits idolatry whenever he honors and reveres a creature in place of God, whether this be gods or demons (for example, satanism), power, pleasure, race, ancestors, the state, money, etc. Jesus says, "You cannot serve God and mammon."44 Many martyrs died for not adoring "the Beast"45 refusing even to simulate such worship. Idolatry rejects the unique Lordship of God; it is therefore incompatible with communion with God.46
2113 Idolatry not only refers to false pagan worship. It remains a constant temptation to faith. Idolatry consists in divinizing what is not God. Man commits idolatry whenever he honors and reveres a creature in place of God, whether this be gods or demons (for example, satanism), power, pleasure, race, ancestors, the state, money, etc. Jesus says, "You cannot serve God and mammon."44 Many martyrs died for not adoring "the Beast"45 refusing even to simulate such worship. Idolatry rejects the unique Lordship of God; it is therefore incompatible with communion with God.46
The obelisk is not a pagan idol, it is a monument to the many Christians martyred by pagan Romans because that is where it stood some 2000 years ago. Calling it an idol is an insult to their sacrifice.

Deuteronomy 4:
8: “You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
9: you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Psalm 97
7: All worshipers of images are put to shame, who make their boast in worthless idols; all gods bow down before him.

Isaiah 45:
20: "Assemble yourselves and come, draw near together, you survivors of the nations! They have no knowledge who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save.

Jeremiah 10
14: Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols; for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.
15: They are worthless, a work of delusion; at the time of their punishment they shall perish.

Acts 17
24: The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
25: nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.
26: And he made from one every nation of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their habitation,
27: that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after him and find him. Yet he is not far from each one of us,
28: for ..In him we live and move and have our being'; as even some of your poets have said, ..For we are indeed his offspring.'

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
I can recognize a complete nutter when I come across one.

The religious Jews thought I was a nutter too. They thought I come as a visible body but they were fooled because I am an invisible spirit, not a visible flesh of man that perishes during this temporary generation.

2 Corinthians 3;
14: But their minds were hardened; for to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.
15: Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their minds;
16: but when a man turns to the Lord the veil is removed.
17: Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No. I'm only sharing prophecies about where Catholicism and Protestant churches came from called the beast. The beast was a necessary creation to help us servants understand how we're created so Catholicism and the Protestant churches were needed by God. Without them, it would have been impossible for man and God to learn exactly how we're created in the Tree of Life.
Your profile says Lutheran but you interpret scripture according to Seventh Day Adventism, which is incompatible with Lutheranism. So you are not "sharing prophecies", you are twisting scripture and using your eisegesis to attack the Church. You quote me but make no comments or rebuttals, but continue to misapply scripture with another rant. Your last line doesn't sugar coat the poop. It's still poop.

Jer. 33:17 For thus saith the Lord: There shall not be cut off from David a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel.

Jeremiah prophesies that David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the earthly House of Israel. Either this is a false prophecy, or David has a successor of representatives throughout history.

Dan. 2:44 But in the days of those kingdoms the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, and his kingdom shall not be delivered up to another people, and it shall break in pieces, and shall consume all these kingdoms, and itself shall stand for ever.

Daniel prophesies an earthly kingdom that will never be destroyed. Either this is a false prophecy, or the earthly kingdom requires succession.

These prophecies don't fit your preconceived notions so you ignore them.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The religious Jews thought I was a nutter too. They thought I come as a visible body but they were fooled because I am an invisible spirit, not a visible flesh of man that perishes during this temporary generation.
You need to tell your doctor, he has medications that can help you.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's simply a pillar of stone.
A pillar of stone that is pagan in nature. Why was this "lump of stone" revered instead of destroyed. What made this stone special?

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1 When was the first time tongues were used in the official Catholic church?

#2 How was tongues obtained in the early Catholic church?

#3 Did the Catholic Church ever used tongues as a sign or proof that they were keeping the doctrines within the Church?

#4 Do Catholics teach today to seek the gifts of the Spirit by asking the Holy Spirit Himself?

#5 Do the Catholic Church today still ask the Holy Spirit to come even though they know He is in them?

#6 What do you as a Catholic, think of cafeteria Catholics who do not believe everything catholicism teaches, but some of it?

#7 Do you as a Catholic know any Catholic in here that believes that he or she is not saved yet and why?

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
Your profile says Lutheran but you interpret scripture according to Seventh Day Adventism, which is incompatible with Lutheranism. So you are not "sharing prophecies", you are twisting scripture and using your eisegesis to attack the Church. You quote me but make no comments or rebuttals, but continue to misapply scripture with another rant. Your last line doesn't sugar coat the poop. It's still poop.

Jer. 33:17 For thus saith the Lord: There shall not be cut off from David a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel.

Jeremiah prophesies that David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the earthly House of Israel. Either this is a false prophecy, or David has a successor of representatives throughout history.

Dan. 2:44 But in the days of those kingdoms the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, and his kingdom shall not be delivered up to another people, and it shall break in pieces, and shall consume all these kingdoms, and itself shall stand for ever.

Daniel prophesies an earthly kingdom that will never be destroyed. Either this is a false prophecy, or the earthly kingdom requires succession.

These prophecies don't fit your preconceived notions so you ignore them.

It's impossible for you to understand any prophecy written in the OT. All the earthly kingdoms will be destroyed by the kingdom of God which is totally invisible to man.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
#1 When was the first time tongues were used in the official Catholic church?

#2 How was tongues obtained in the early Catholic church?

#3 Did the Catholic Church ever used tongues as a sign or proof that they were keeping the doctrines within the Church?

#4 Do Catholics teach today to seek the gifts of the Spirit by asking the Holy Spirit Himself?

#5 Do the Catholic Church today still ask the Holy Spirit to come even though they know He is in them?

#6 What do you as a Catholic, think of cafeteria Catholics who do not believe everything catholicism teaches, but some of it?

#7 Do you as a Catholic know any Catholic in here that believes that he or she is not saved yet and why?

Speaking in tongues comes from information called Satan and the beast. Pagans babble while us servants of God are used to speak clear spoken words from the language we learn from childhood to God's chosen believers who also speak the same language. The gospel ( voice ) of God can convert His knowledge of Christ into any earthly languages depending on what language his servants speaks. If we servants babbled like idiots to God's chosen believers, they would commit us to a hospital and have our heads examined. That's because most chosen believers have never opened up a Bible or go to a visible church building to listen to false prophets babbling their fool heads off.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking in tongues comes from information called Satan and the beast. Pagans babble while us servants of God are used to speak clear spoken words from the language we learn from childhood to God's chosen believers who also speak the same language. The gospel ( voice ) of God can convert His knowledge of Christ into any earthly languages depending on what language his servants speaks. If we servants babbled like idiots to God's chosen believers, they would commit us to a hospital and have our heads examined. That's because most chosen believers have never opened up a Bible or go to a visible church building to listen to false prophets babbling their fool heads off.

Thanks for sharing. I believe in God's gift of tongues of other men's lips to speak unto the people. There is another supernatural tongue in the world that is just babbling nonsense which is not of Him at all, but as you say, of the devil.

Any Catholic care to answer the questions in post #58 ? Or some of them.. or even one? You are free not to. You are free to research any of them too.