Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got it from God.
So did the leaders of tens of thousands of other Protestant splinter groups - and the number grows every day.
They ALL teach different doctrines and ALL claim that they got them from "God" . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vatican Treasurer facing sex assault charges - CNN
Vatican Treasurer facing sex assault charges — CNN

So....the correct response from the laity is a demand for justice for the victims in Australia and a zero tolerance for sexual abuse in the church.

Because, it's sort of moot to demand fingerprinting for Catechism teachers when Cardinals at the Vatican can be considered for promotion with these type of charges pending.
If and when the Vatican treasurer is found guilty - yes.
He hasn't even had a trial yet and you're already burning him at the stake..

This is why you're an anti-Catholic . . .

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Triangle=symbol for trinity. What's wrong with that. The eye in the triangle=symbol for omniscience of God.

Wow, it is so suspicious that the Chair of Peter would have an upside down cross on it! Hmm, I wonder what that could mean? What does Peter have to do with an upside down cross? Huh! I wonder!

Puh-lease!
You have to break it down into sound-bytes.
Most anti-Catholics have no knowledge of Church history.
St. Peter was crucified up-side-down, that is where the up-side-down cross came from.. a symbol of his execution.
That is why it is on one of the papal chairs.
It wasn't until recently that satanists highjacked the symbol to represent the so called failure or defeat of Christianity. That's why satanists wear it as jewelry.
Anti-Catholics have pictures of the papal chair on their web sites trying to show a parallel with satanism and Catholicism.
Stupid ignorant people are easily deceived by this lunacy.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can that be. I dont agree with catholic doctrines neither does Hod nor Jesus and we are not protestants, How can God agree with something that disagrees with Him.? Does that make Him a protestant???

1Jn_5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Want teh truth that is where you will find it.
Oh, I forgot ONE thing:
To be a Protestant - you have to be a Christian - and the jury is still out on you . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you belong to teh catholic church, follow the pope whom your church has made head and you follow your catholic doctrines,
this bit

Mat_15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar_7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Col_2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

See we become part of His "Church" when we make Him our Head, Lord of Lords King of kings, you join teh catholic church to become a catholic ask old man.
Yes why do you not listen to yourself???
And i didnt "shout " once.
Neither did I.
Jesus compares His Church to His very SELF (Acts 9:4-5).

Your rejection of this Church is a rejection of HIM, Einstein . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To be a Protestant - you have to be a Christian - and the jury is still out on you . . .
Oh you mean teh bit about how all I speak of is Christ, now what is it you speak of???

PS Jesus found me innocent years ago, Case is closed.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your apology sounds sincere.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't take your Confirmation seriously. I know I did at that age.
Jewish boys, including our Lord receive their Bar Mitzvah at that age - and they manage to take it seriously enough.

Anyway - I'm not sure what you're talking about but the Catholic Church doesn't hold to "doctrines of men" that usurp Scripture.
Sacred Tradition is on par with Scripture - because Scripture says so (2 Thess. 2:15). There are other, minor traditions that are not on par with Scripture.

Finally - we don't give titles to men that only belong to our Lord. The Pope is not the Head of the Body - Christ is.
The Pope is the head of the earthly Church. You must remember - the Body of Christ doesn't just exist on earth - but ALL those who have left this world in Christ as well.

As Christ's vicar - he feeds His Lambs and tends His sheep (John 21:15-19).
I didn't ask for an RCC apologetic, I asked for remediation or release. As far as I know the latter is the province of your vicar and the former seems unlikely, so I anticipate a faithful soul to pass my request up to someone closer to Rome. Please avoid misquoting me as my Lord will not take it lightly.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry - but Jesus wasn't talking about the leadership of His Church here. He was rebuking the Apostles because they were arguing about which one of them would be considered the "greatest".

As for who would be the greatest - he must serve the others. That's why the official title of the Pope is "The servant of the servants of God".
Jesus clearly appointed Peter as the leader in Matt. 16:18-19, Luke 22:31-32 and John 21:15-19.

This is complete nonsense.

Why is it "wrong" to delegate smaller matters where there are more pressing matters?? Peter was just ONE man and could only do so much. Do YOU do everything at home and at work?? Do you run the entire company? Do you run every ministry in your church??

Then, why would you put that ridiculous expectation on Peter?
Everybody in the Body must do their share and not leave it to ONE person.

First of all - Peter was wrong when he wouldn't eat with Gentiles. Paul ALSO admitted to sinning (1 Tim. 1:15). John also told his readers that he was a sinner (1 John 1:8). - so what's your point?? That a leader of the Church cannot sin?? We're ALL sinners - including YOU.

As for your misinterpretation of Jesus calling Peter a "pebble" or "small" rock - this is a common mistake.
Jesus didn't call Peter a "pebble" - He called him "ROCK".

The Lord said to Peter: “And so I say to you, you are Peter (Petros), and upon this rock (Petra) I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.”

YOU say that He called him a pebble or small rock because the word "Petros" is used instead of "Petra", which means large rock. You believe that Jesus is the Rock here because he is referred to as Rock elsewhere, including, Matt. 21:42 and 1 Pet. 2:3-8. The problem with this is that Jesus didn’t speak Greek to his Apostles - he spoke Aramaic.

What Jesus actually said was: “And so I say to you, you are Kepha, and upon this rock Kepha I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.”
This is why St. Peter is referred to as Cephas in many of St. Paul’s letters, because Cephas is the closest Greek transliteration of the Aramaic, Kepha.

There is another problem for you here: Petra is a feminine Greek noun and would NOT be used to describe a man, so the word was translated as Petros in Scripture because it was being used in reference to a man. Jesus clearly appointed St. Peter as earthly head of the Church and Chief Apostle here in Matthew’s Gospel as well as Luke 22:31-32, where he told Peter that he prayed for him alone to strengthen the other Apostles in his absence and in John 21:15-19, where he told Peter 3 times to feed his sheep.

By the way - Abraham is ALSO referred to as the "Rock" (Kepha) (Isaiah 51:1-2).
How do you do 'Bred of Life' ....My expectations of the disciples as well as Peter is the opposite of what you responded, I never assumed that they were perfect men. Thankfully I had met and spoken to Jesus at some length over 6 years before I ever even saw a Bible, I had to borrow my initial one from a library, as they were so very expensive. Of course there is nothing wrong with sharing a workload, and delegating a job is one thing, to rule over, is another all together. I have had the utmost respect for the men who walked with Jesus every day for 3 years, ever since I read of them, always feeling a slight kinship with Peter, as I used to put my foot in my mouth a lot also and act impulsively . The Holy Spirit had fallen upon men on the Day of Pentecost, Peter had no reason to believe that everyone needed him, to exclusively concentrate on The Lords Word, as anyone who had received the Holy spirit by then, had the exact same ability, in The Lord, as Peter or the other disciples did. I can see this has been a huge problem throughout the years since Jesus' resurrection. People have not allowed themselves to be taught by The Holy spirit, rather they have mostly happily sat back ( and still do ) and let other men tell them what and how to believe and understand and what sort of worship to give The Father and our Savior. He, our Father has been looking for those who will worship Him IN SPIRIT and IN TRUTH... I have encountered many many people, throughout my 31 years with Jesus, who have not had revelation from above, and that's fine, it was never a DEMAND from Jesus, it was to bring us all into one body, one truth, one faith.......Obviously that never took place as we are all aware and it will take The Lord Himself to bring us together in HIS TRUTH... Jesus also said :" Blessed are they that have believed and not sen.", however, He never said anything about those same people being the ones to tell everyone else what's what, which of course would be pure insanity anyway, in the same way that you wouldn't hire a fork lift driver to compose the plan for how to build and calculate how to get to Mars, right ? I do feel for and pray for people who come off all authoritarian, but when you really go into what they're saying, it's just all come from learnedness, thus knowledge.......Still will never replace KNOWING. And 'Bread of Life' before you start spewing more venom my way or in the direction of others on this Forum, I am a nobody, I wasn't even a believer when I first encountered Jesus, nor do I want to be in any position of telling anyone else what to think or do, all I do, is pass on things He has shown or told me, which has always brought such love , peace and real Life into my life, hoping that others will seek Him out for themselves, so they can also taste of the pure Goodness of our Lord and Savior, who is the express image and likeness ( and He doesn't mean through our eyes ) of His Father and our Father. Jesus said to :" Ask, seek and knock!'....Perhaps that is something you would like to try ? My prayer for all of us, is that He will open the eyes and ears of our understanding, so we can walk WITH Him, in agreement with Him, instead of being in opposition to Him on so many fronts, claiming lies as Truth, which is not helpful in any way what so ever, to say the very least. I have to pop out now. Look forward to reading your response, if you do respond...............Blessings In Him...........Pia

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find many things about the Mary cult disturbing, but my mom, also an RCC member and a Mary by name revealed many things about it to me unintentionally (it's very hard for people to hide things from me when I'm in a position to question them.) One thing that you can be sure of is that there are divisions within the RCC itself over some practices or there would be no secrecy about them. Of course, being a dream operator, and dabbling in card reading was more than enough reason for her secrecy and I wouldn't suggest that these were approved activities in the church, however I have rebuked young fortune tellers at a local church sponsored annual fair, and I wonder where it's all going.

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you do 'Bred of Life' ....My expectations of the disciples as well as Peter is the opposite of what you responded, I never assumed that they were perfect men. Thankfully I had met and spoken to Jesus at some length over 6 years before I ever even saw a Bible, I had to borrow my initial one from a library, as they were so very expensive. Of course there is nothing wrong with sharing a workload, and delegating a job is one thing, to rule over, is another all together. I have had the utmost respect for the men who walked with Jesus every day for 3 years, ever since I read of them, always feeling a slight kinship with Peter, as I used to put my foot in my mouth a lot also and act impulsively . The Holy Spirit had fallen upon men on the Day of Pentecost, Peter had no reason to believe that everyone needed him, to exclusively concentrate on The Lords Word, as anyone who had received the Holy spirit by then, had the exact same ability, in The Lord, as Peter or the other disciples did. I can see this has been a huge problem throughout the years since Jesus' resurrection. People have not allowed themselves to be taught by The Holy spirit, rather they have mostly happily sat back ( and still do ) and let other men tell them what and how to believe and understand and what sort of worship to give The Father and our Savior. He, our Father has been looking for those who will worship Him IN SPIRIT and IN TRUTH... I have encountered many many people, throughout my 31 years with Jesus, who have not had revelation from above, and that's fine, it was never a DEMAND from Jesus, it was to bring us all into one body, one truth, one faith.......Obviously that never took place as we are all aware and it will take The Lord Himself to bring us together in HIS TRUTH... Jesus also said :" Blessed are they that have believed and not sen.", however, He never said anything about those same people being the ones to tell everyone else what's what, which of course would be pure insanity anyway, in the same way that you wouldn't hire a fork lift driver to compose the plan for how to build and calculate how to get to Mars, right ? I do feel for and pray for people who come off all authoritarian, but when you really go into what they're saying, it's just all come from learnedness, thus knowledge.......Still will never replace KNOWING. And 'Bread of Life' before you start spewing more venom my way or in the direction of others on this Forum, I am a nobody, I wasn't even a believer when I first encountered Jesus, nor do I want to be in any position of telling anyone else what to think or do, all I do, is pass on things He has shown or told me, which has always brought such love , peace and real Life into my life, hoping that others will seek Him out for themselves, so they can also taste of the pure Goodness of our Lord and Savior, who is the express image and likeness ( and He doesn't mean through our eyes ) of His Father and our Father. Jesus said to :" Ask, seek and knock!'....Perhaps that is something you would like to try ? My prayer for all of us, is that He will open the eyes and ears of our understanding, so we can walk WITH Him, in agreement with Him, instead of being in opposition to Him on so many fronts, claiming lies as Truth, which is not helpful in any way what so ever, to say the very least. I have to pop out now. Look forward to reading your response, if you do respond...............Blessings In Him...........Pia
Bravo. A very mature response from a woman in the body. We could all profit from your wisdom, so regardless of BOL's response I thank you for your love and patience.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has it ever occurred to any Christian here to walk into a Catholic church?

A boy of 8 died a few years ago from a tumor over top his heart. We didn't know that was the diagnosis when we got the prayer call. His mom telephoned days later and said the family was awakened by the dog baying. In the ancient times dog's howling like that were signs of a soul leaving the plain. So when I got that call and my friend prefaced the report of the child dying with the dog's baying I knew.

I hate funerals. People in boxes, stuffed, glued, cosmeticized. For what? Really? To appease the worms?

But I went. Even when I wasn't fond of the RCC for it's , well, whatever.

First time in a Catholic church. A converted Pagan, Satanist, Atheist. I'd seen it all. I thought.

Ah, the familiar. I'm sitting there feeling pain for the child we'd all prayed for. And there to the right of me, is a Goddess standing on the world, surrounded by a band of stars.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When I started posting here about ten years ago......mjrhealth was not outspokenly against Catholic doctrine. Perhaps we (Catholics) have contributed to his negative views of the Church. I apologize for my part.
Sorry Aspen, I was born a raised a catholic till I found Christ, How can one even compare a religion to one who is,

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

But BOL and some others here do not help your cause any, Besides in teh end of it all, all that wasted time doing religious stuff does not add a single dot to your salvation. because,

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

religion doesnt need faith it requires doing.

And i would rather follow Christ than men

Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Cant actually say i found Him because He isnt lost, neither can I say He found me, because He always knows where we are, so all I can say is He called I answered somehow.

Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

so few people listening.

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

A boy of 8 died a few years ago from a tumor over top his heart. We didn't know that was the diagnosis when we got the prayer call. His mom telephoned days later and said the family was awakened by the dog baying. In the ancient times dog's howling like that were signs of a soul leaving the plain. So when I got that call and my friend prefaced the report of the child dying with the dog's baying I knew.

I hate funerals. People in boxes, stuffed, glued, cosmeticized. For what? Really? To appease the worms?

First time in a Catholic church. A converted Pagan, Satanist, Atheist. I'd seen it all. I thought.

Ah, the familiar. I'm sitting there feeling pain for the child we'd all prayed for. And there to the right of me, is a Goddess standing on the world, surrounded by a band of stars.
If you don't understand what you re looking at, or refuse to understand, then you can make it what ever you want.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no "good" in the catholic church.
That's an insult to every saint that came out of the RCC. No saint was ever a good person, because the Lord tells us that there is no one good but God alone. The rest of us are just varying degrees of evil, children of wrath until Christ rescues us from destruction and eternal separation from God. If there were no presence of the Ruach Ha Kodesh in the church no one would get saved, yet some still do despite such poor and corrupted teaching. The Lord creates faith in hearts wherever his word is read publicly, His word never returns to Him void, and the last I heard the masses still have scripture reading included, even if it's rarely exegeted.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is no such thing as a Godess, there is no queen of heaven, though the heathen sex cults have worshipped demons like Isis, Astarte, Diana, Athena, Satan himself in a female form, etc.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, they're called catholics.
This is rather unchristian use of speech and I would suggest that you step back when getting frustrated rather than sin. RCC apologists are often trained in didactics and dogma and just wont admit fallacious reasoning and illogic. I don't know the point of these threads beyond increasing the breach between the institutionalized church and the body of christ. The RCC is not the enemy, the Episcopal church is not the enemy, the Baptist church is not the enemy, our enemies are not flesh and blood (Ephesians 6:12).

Reactions: bbyrd009

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as a Godess, there is no queen of heaven, though the heathen sex cults have worshipped demons like Isis, Astarte, Diana, Athena, Satan himself in a female form, etc.
529e513020c4e.preview-620.jpg

Catholic Bridge: Why do Catholics call Mother Mary "Queen of Heaven and Earth"?

Reactions: Old Man and Job

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't ask for an RCC apologetic, I asked for remediation or release. As far as I know the latter is the province of your vicar and the former seems unlikely, so I anticipate a faithful soul to pass my request up to someone closer to Rome. Please avoid misquoting me as my Lord will not take it lightly.
First of all - I never misquoted you so please stop with the false accusations.

Secondly - if you seek "release" from the Catholic Church - why do you come on this forum and as for it??
Your abandonment of Christ's Church is between you and God - not you and any of us on this forum . . .