Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried to converse with you on a charitable basis - but your lies got in the way.[/QUOTE]
OPEN QUESTION . . .

Since many of you are fond of using the terms "RCC" and "Roman Catholic" - can you define what these terms mean??
I have asked this question THREE times already to one wrong answer - and deafening silence from everybody else . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it is NOT God's providence to allow Satan to rule over His WORD.
THAT'S where you fail here.
You show your ignorance.

Ultimately, only God has providence over His word. But all things come in parables - even the written word. So, then, there is the written word which is tainted with the wickedness of the world, and there is the word in spirit which is infallible but only discernible in spirit.

But it is obvious that you did not see Satan at work even in Peter, and so it is no wonder that you should take such an adamant position. Obviously you are unaware.
As for "Antichrist" and "Satanic" - they are synonyms.
According to you.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 13th century?? Really??
Who was the first Pope?

Why do we read from the works of Irenaeus in the 2nd century about the office of the Papacy - and a LIST of them from this time going all the way back to Peter??

Why do we read Tertullian in the 3rd century talking about the Papacy and describing the office??

Finally - why should I be the one to pray for forgiveness - when YOU are the one telling lies here??
I've given you at least 4 opportunities to tell the truth - and you've wiggled out of it every time.
Maybe what you read is a Jesuit forgery. I've read some documents about Charlemagne and they were self contradictory. People in power tend to make up their own history and there was no papacy in the 1st century. There was no papacy until the governorship of the city state of Rome was merged with the Bishopric of Rome and anyone who has written contrary was just supporting the power structure.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried to converse with you on a charitable basis - but your lies got in the way.
OPEN QUESTION . . .

Since many of you are fond of using the terms "RCC" and "Roman Catholic" - can you define what these terms mean??
I have asked this question THREE times already to one wrong answer - and deafening silence from everybody else . . .[/QUOTE]
Try going to a real Roman Catholic Church and ask them what RCC means on their signs.

Reactions: ScottA

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You show your ignorance.

Ultimately, only God has providence over His word. But all things come in parables - even the written word. So, then, there is the written word which is tainted with the wickedness of the world, and there is the word in spirit which is infallible but only discernible in spirit.

But it is obvious that you did not see Satan at work even in Peter, and so it is no wonder that you should take such an adamant position. Obviously you are unaware.
According to you.
Show me a Biblical precedent where God put Satan in charge of His inspired Word.
You can't because it's an oxymoron for you to claim that Satan has charge over what God breathes.

This is an outrageous claim that shows unbelievable ignorance.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe what you read is a Jesuit forgery. I've read some documents about Charlemagne and they were self contradictory. People in power tend to make up their own history and there was no papacy in the 1st century. There was no papacy until the governorship of the city state of Rome was merged with the Bishopric of Rome and anyone who has written contrary was just supporting the power structure.
A "Jesuit" forgery?? Why a "Jesuit" forgery?

Irenaeus's
2nd century treatise, Against Heresies is not only NOT a forgery - but is respected and quoted from Protestant scholarsip all the time.

Also - nobody disregard's Tertullian's 3rd century work, Di Pudicita as a "forgery", either.

Nice try - but really desperate . . .

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you just admit that you don't know what those terms mean?
Which terms are we talking about? False witness maybe? You do realize that in misquoting nearly every person who disagrees with you, that you have not only transgressed in matters of judgment, but invalidated your own testimony and witness and are found guilty before God and man? The good news is that you can still repent and receive the Holy Spirit by faith, because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that He is risen from the grave, you shall be saved. Blasphemy against the saints is not unforgivable, but there is an awful curse against false witnesses and those who swear falsely in the name of our Lord found in the book of Zechariah. That curse consumed the temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD and it will consume your house if you do not repent.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the RCC is a demonic institution that professes to be the one true church of Christ.

That's why.
How do saints come out of the RCC if its a demonic institution? How are there saints in the RCC if its a demonic institution? The whole world is under the sway of the devil and all institutions are part of the system of this world by definition. Your heart may be right in the matter, but you are transgressing the Royal commandment and I am asking you as a brother to do no further harm. There are individuals in the RCC who are tares, just as there are tares in all the other churches that have existed long enough for them to be placed in. If you are a member of the RCC, you have every right to rebuke another member of the same as this is an act of love. Likewise, if you are a member of the body, you have every right to rebuke a brother or sister as an act of love. If you don't understand how this is done, I can tell you how its not done by just referring you to 1st Corinthians chapter 13 (its not about weddings.)

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So did the leaders of tens of thousands of other Protestant splinter groups - and the number grows every day.
They ALL teach different doctrines and ALL claim that they got them from "God" . . .
Actually most teach the same doctrines, but differ in orthopraxy. Have you actually attended a protestant church? Some are rather boring and institutionalized like the RCC, having names that they are alive, but dead or nearly so. As a child, I visited a baptist church with my mom at the invitation of one of her co-workers and I was amazed at how the Lord was lifted in worship by the congregation and not by a group of trained singers in the balcony. I was astonished at the joy on peoples faces that I just didn't see in Masses. I realize that Free masonry has encouraged the development of any religion that believes in a god and a resurrection, and many false institutions have sprung from their membership, but religion isn't what saves, Jesus Christ is the One who saves and the One who judges, the image of the invisible God and creator of the universe (or omniverse if you believe such whimsical things,) and He doesn't need the church to do it.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all - I never misquoted you so please stop with the false accusations.

Secondly - if you seek "release" from the Catholic Church - why do you come on this forum and as for it??
Your abandonment of Christ's Church is between you and God - not you and any of us on this forum . . .
There you go, just lied again. Perhaps you don't know what the word misquote means. To misquote is to change what someone says to support your accusation or position and you have not only done that to me in one of your most recent posts (though you may have confused what someone else said with what I said as the Spirit of God is convicting you now, not I or the others), but you've done that to nearly everyone who has disagreed with what you or the RCC has said. Misquoting someone by accident is not sin, but to do so intentionally invalidates every single word that you've posted here or anywhere on this Earth, as testimony.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your heart may be right in the matter, but you are transgressing the Royal commandment and I am asking you as a brother to do no further harm.

You're asking me to stop witnessing to those in the RCC that are being deceived. I won't do that.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me a Biblical precedent where God put Satan in charge of His inspired Word.
You can't because it's an oxymoron for you to claim that Satan has charge over what God breathes.

This is an outrageous claim that shows unbelievable ignorance.
If you sincerely wanted an answer to your question, you would ask without making your own claims. Nonetheless, I have already given you the answer.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Secondly - if you seek "release" from the Catholic Church - why do you come on this forum and as for it??
Your abandonment of Christ's Church is between you and God - not you and any of us on this forum . . .
Sorry, had to address the transgression first.
I have no direct access to the Pope, to any cardinal, to any bishop, or even to any priest (though this would be the easiest to find), and the church is right here when any member is here. I did write a letter to John Paul back about 20 years ago or so, warning him that he was facing a serious choice with regard to the co-redemptress issue being thrown forward in the RCC by St. Mary devotees (his own patron saint.) I told him that he could try to keep what was left of the RCC united or play the anti-christ and further divide the church by elevating a lovely saint to the status of godhood, doing a disservice to her and to the church. I don't know that he ever saw that letter, but someone at the Vatican surely did, and I am not excommunicated. I advised him to repent for the church of false doctrines and traditions contrary to the gospel. This was shortly before the Jubilee, when John Paul did offer public apologies and repentance for the RCC's persecutions and other sins. John Paul was very wise and certainly understood the quandary of admitting error on behalf of the church, given the doctrine of Papal infallibility, but he made sincere effort to repent to the degree that he saw himself able. He did not despise prophesy. Someday I'll speak with him directly and thank him for his faithfulness in a most precarious situation. Both he and the Dalai lama decided to visit my area shortly after that letter and it would have been interesting to speak with either one, but I never had that opportunity. I have no swarms of devoted followers (and want none), no body guards except the angels (which are better at it anyway), and no real agenda other than bringing unity to the body of Christ through reconciliation by His Spirit, so that we may be (as a body) of the full stature of Christ at His return, and not some misshapen and crippled thing to suffer His rebuke. I haven't abandoned Christ's church, far from it.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're asking me to stop witnessing to those in the RCC that are being deceived. I won't do that.
No, I'm not. I'm asking you to stop offending those in the RCC that are being deceived. You don't win people by offending them, you just make them more recalcitrant. E.G.: Jesus wasn't trying to win over the scribes and pharisees. Read Isaiah and understand this: "Make the heart of this people dull, and their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and return and be healed.''
God has a plan that no one can thwart and it included Jesus rejection for the sake of the gentiles.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which terms are we talking about? False witness maybe? You do realize that in misquoting nearly every person who disagrees with you, that you have not only transgressed in matters of judgment, but invalidated your own testimony and witness and are found guilty before God and man? The good news is that you can still repent and receive the Holy Spirit by faith, because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that He is risen from the grave, you shall be saved. Blasphemy against the saints is not unforgivable, but there is an awful curse against false witnesses and those who swear falsely in the name of our Lord found in the book of Zechariah. That curse consumed the temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD and it will consume your house if you do not repent.
And, in desperation, you tryy feebly to turn the tables on me.
I'm NOT the one who gave a false definition of the terms "Roman Catholic" and "RCC".
YOU did.

If you don't know the definition - just say so and I'll explain without teasing or otherwise taunting you.
I think you have a right to know just like every other anti-Catholic does because you guys use these terms incorrectly.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually most teach the same doctrines, but differ in orthopraxy. Have you actually attended a protestant church? Some are rather boring and institutionalized like the RCC, having names that they are alive, but dead or nearly so. As a child, I visited a baptist church with my mom at the invitation of one of her co-workers and I was amazed at how the Lord was lifted in worship by the congregation and not by a group of trained singers in the balcony. I was astonished at the joy on peoples faces that I just didn't see in Masses. I realize that Free masonry has encouraged the development of any religion that believes in a god and a resurrection, and many false institutions have sprung from their membership, but religion isn't what saves, Jesus Christ is the One who saves and the One who judges, the image of the invisible God and creator of the universe (or omniverse if you believe such whimsical things,) and He doesn't need the church to do it.
I've visited many Protestant churches. 9 of my 12 siblings are Protestant.

The point I was making is that MANY churches has arisen because the founders have "figured out" what the truth is because it was "revealed" to them. How could they ALL be right when they ALL teach different doctrines? Is the Holy Spirit wishy-washy??

For example - other than very basic Trinitarian tenets - Baptists and Calvinsts have VERY different beliefs.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go, just lied again. Perhaps you don't know what the word misquote means. To misquote is to change what someone says to support your accusation or position and you have not only done that to me in one of your most recent posts (though you may have confused what someone else said with what I said as the Spirit of God is convicting you now, not I or the others), but you've done that to nearly everyone who has disagreed with what you or the RCC has said. Misquoting someone by accident is not sin, but to do so intentionally invalidates every single word that you've posted here or anywhere on this Earth, as testimony.
And, how did I "misquote" you??
How did I "lie"??