Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tough indeed, but well put....I too had to learn that our flesh and spirit do not 'mix' in that sense. I see the trouble as being one of unbelief, they simply WILL not accept that it is the gift of God, so that no man can boast. Most I meet want to try to save themselves, or add to what they can't believe Jesus has already done. Pity that !

How can we have a relationship with Jesus Christ without participation?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How can we have a relationship with Jesus Christ without participation?
Absolutely, participation with Him and His Holy spirit, through whom we receive Truth, which cannot be taken from us ( brought into dispute or unbelief ). Praise Him always :)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely, participation with Him and His Holy spirit, through whom we receive Truth, which cannot be taken from us ( brought into dispute or unbelief ). Praise Him always :)

Relationships are work

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the Vatican is lying?
Oh....and you heard BoL, all you anticatholics! I am the reason you exist.....

Wait! The Pope didn't say that ex cathedra! Wait! That didn't come from the Pope at all! Wait that statement didn't come from the Vatican either! Wait, wait, wait.....it only came from BoL.......nevermind
No - the Pope didn't say it at ALL - ex cathedra or otherwise.
This was YOUR lie - don't blame it on the Pope.

Next time - READ the article carefully before posting that the Pope said something that he didn't . . .

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did I blame the Pope? I posted the link without commentary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're a fringe believer - inventing your own doctrines along the way
Actually every thing I have ever written is in the bible, just takes a pair of eyes to look. But some are blind, His church is the people are you not people, when you look in the mirror, what do you see, nothing?? are you so blind you cant see people. His church is all around you its just not yours.

Now is it not you that quotes,

Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Now even you know what your church and mens churches are filled with, so if your church is teh fulless of Him than by you very own words you have just declared Jesus to be

A liar
a hypocrite,
a deceiver
a murderer
a child molester
and on goes teh list

And all teh above is it not teh works of teh devil, so than who is Your God???

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never came onto this forum to discuss of what's mainly contentious issues. Had just hoped for some fellowship between believers. Not always easy to find.
Hi Pia,

I understand. You want to say, and have said, controversial things but don't like to be challenged on them.

I meant no harm by my questions. I hope you are able to find the fellowship you are looking for. It is tough to find that on a computer/website.

I find my fellowship by participating in Christian community outreach programs and volunteering at a food pantry run by a church.

Good luck to you.....Love Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, follow your own heart and leave me in His safe hands, never failed me before.
Pia,

I am following my heart. It has been moved by the Spirit to reach out to you. Maybe He sent me to reach out to you?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't claim that. He said :" Ask, believe and you shall receive." Paraphrased from various different times Jesus says this....You can find the scriptures yourself.....
Hi Pia,

Thank you for clarifying.

There are Christians that BELIEVE that abortion is OK. They base that belief on how they interpret scripture. They pray to God just like you and I. They are good people who do good things based on their Christian belief....just like you and me. They believe. They ask. They receive.

There is a organization called the Westboro baptist church here in America that BELIEVE that all gay people are going to hell and they ask God to smite them. They base their belief on scripture.

So my dilemma is....does it matter WHAT you believe? Will I RECEIVE from God even no matter what I BELIEVE?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I can say, if you knew Pia you would not be making that statement.
I know God and I believe I must make that statement. How do you know if the Spirit has not led Pia and I to this day?

Curious Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know God and I believe I must make that statement. How do you know if the Spirit has not led Pia and I to this day?

Curious Mary
If you know God as you claim you do than you would not be asking that question, If you want to have a disagreement with Jesus go right ahead, you wont be the first. It is by there fruit they are known, and so far none of yours I have seeing is good.

Reactions: Job

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
you know either of these ladies IRL?
Tough indeed, but well put....I too had to learn that our flesh and spirit do not 'mix' in that sense. I see the trouble as being one of unbelief, they simply WILL not accept that it is the gift of God, so that no man can boast. Most I meet want to try to save themselves, or add to what they can't believe Jesus has already done. Pity that !
grace is def a free gift; but if one does not forgive, they are not forgiven. One must still reap what they sow. One cannot insist upon an eye for an eye and still be in grace imo.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Pia,

Thank you for clarifying.

There are Christians that BELIEVE that abortion is OK. They base that belief on how they interpret scripture. They pray to God just like you and I. They are good people who do good things based on their Christian belief....just like you and me. They believe. They ask. They receive.

There is a organization called the Westboro baptist church here in America that BELIEVE that all gay people are going to hell and they ask God to smite them. They base their belief on scripture.

So my dilemma is....does it matter WHAT you believe? Will I RECEIVE from God even no matter what I BELIEVE?

Curious Mary
Sorry sweetie, you can't bait me a second time, I'm just not that sort of fish !

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you know either of these ladies IRL?

grace is def a free gift; but if one does not forgive, they are not forgiven. One must still reap what they sow. One cannot insist upon an eye for an eye and still be in grace imo.
You can either accept the free gift of Grace, or try to satisfy God through adherence to rules, regulations and laws. You can't do both. When you walk closely with Him, He'll pull you up quick enough if you start getting into any bitterness or unforgiveness, and all you have to do is turn right into Him ( repenting ) and simply go on ( His own advice to me ).......Peace :)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did I blame the Pope? I posted the link without commentary
By posting a lie - you became partially responsible for the perpetuation of this lie.
You need to do some fact-checking before you post this kind of rubbish.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI, the word Catholic is supposed to mean "universal", and all Born again believers are in that sense Catholic. The R in RCC identifies that branch of the church which was founded in Rome, but it was never the first church as this was in Jerusalem and met regularly in the temple until the persecutions. Peter was not the first leader of the church, but James, the brother of our Lord was. Peter was an apostle to the Jews throughout the diaspora, Paul was an apostle to the gentiles. Peter as an apostle and chosen by the Lord Himself to shepherd the church, still answered to a body of elders which met in Jerusalem. The bible even records an event where Paul rebuked Peter for his inconstancy in fellowship with gentiles because of his fear of the Jewish leadership. Doesn't sound infallible to me. Even so called protestants are Catholic if they have genuinely received of His Spirit, in the sense that they are a part of the Church universal. In common usage, however, the word Catholic has been misused to apply solely to the Roman Catholic Church. The first big split in the Church universal, was between Rome and Constantinople, and guess what it was over. The practice in Rome of allowing the simple and uneducated to keep their household gods in the guise of saints, hence the notion of patron saints. Historical records are available about the controversy, but my only available source was a really boring book titled "the bad popes" which featured translations from church historians of the period who were notably inaccurate. I have encountered at least a few historians active in the Roman church who are a bit more honest than their resident appologist, and these reasoned that the office of the pope remained valid in spite of the apostasy of some of the popes, during that period of time when a single man was both bishop of Rome and governor of Rome (which spanned more than one Papacy.) The marriage of politics and religion even spawned a split in church leadership where there were two popes vying for supremecy, one in Rome and one in France. Some do try to rewrite history. It happens all the time. Some "orders" within the churches went so far as to produce forgeries of both documents and relics in their attempts to consolidate power. As an example we have the shroud of Turin, an inspiring relic reportedly showing the image of Christ's face, but not being old enough to have existed at Christ's burial. There was even a bloodline of kings called the Merovingians that claimed their authority as being through a royal bloodline from a marital union between Mary Magdalene and Jesus Himself, and this based upon Gnostic gospels and other unreliable sources. Yet it was all about temporal power, the domain of Satan.

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually every thing I have ever written is in the bible, just takes a pair of eyes to look. But some are blind, His church is the people are you not people, when you look in the mirror, what do you see, nothing?? are you so blind you cant see people. His church is all around you its just not yours.
Actually - that is a big fat LIE.
"ALL you have ever written" is in the Bible??
You have posted lie after lie about the Catholic Church that are NOT in the Bible.
Now is it not you that quotes,

Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Now even you know what your church and mens churches are filled with, so if your church is teh fulless of Him than by you very own words you have just declared Jesus to be
A liar
a hypocrite,
a deceiver
a murderer
a child molester
and on goes teh list
And all teh above is it not teh works of teh devil, so than who is Your God???
And I don't know if one single church - Catholic OR Protestant that is "filled" with evil, godless people.
Jesus himself warned of bad people would arise from His Church (Matt. 7:15-20).

YOU need to start telling the truth for a change.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How will you ever hope to understand the other side if you don't listen to or read them? What are you afraid of? Aren't you confident in your own knowledge and beliefs? Just consider for a moment, "What if it is true?" What if Jesus gave us his body and blood for food? What if he actually meant what he said in John 6 and the institution narratives in the synoptics? What if Catholics are not worshiping a cracker? What if it really is Jesus there? Where would that put you and your bible-only friends?
Before the institution of the ordinance of communion, before His death on the cross, Jesus spoke about this very thing and you can read about it the chapter 6 of John's gospel. He said that His words were spirit and life, and the entire passage suggests that He was speaking figuratively, not literally. Jesus did not promote cannibalism (as worldly minds have suggested) but taught spiritual things to those that could receive them. Even His apostles were offended because they had not yet received His Spirit and the understanding which comes from Him. The thing which makes communion holy is that in partaking of it we declare Christ's death (sacrifice) by our action in receiving it. That is, we testify to our belief physically by participating, so to participate without faith is to give false witness. Eating a tasteless wafer or a piece of Matsa means nothing of itself, it is the faith to believe Christ's sacrifice on our behalf and the hope of His return which makes the ordinance Holy. Transubstantiation is just a voodoo doctrine invented by the priesthood to bolster their authority. E.G.: If you disagree with the priest, then he can withhold the magic of eternal life. Hogwash.