Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I started posting here about ten years ago......mjrhealth was not outspokenly against Catholic doctrine. Perhaps we (Catholics) have contributed to his negative views of the Church. I apologize for my part.

Reactions: Peanut

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm in the Catholic Church. Hey! Wait a minute! What are you saying?

I'm saying "church", not the "people", is satanic in nature.

Watch those videos I posted with an open mind. There's a lot of information in there. If you think it's a lie, do some research.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 John 2
27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

Last edited:

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying "church", not the "people", is satanic in nature.

Watch those videos I posted with an open mind. There's a lot of information in there. If you think it's a lie, do some research.

So now you're saying the Church is not the people? It seems I've read several times here that Christ's Church is made up of people. Do you not agree with that?

I watched every minute. I had trouble finding even a single assertion that wasn't in total error. Just one example: The upside down cross. Peter was crucified upside down because he said he wasn't worthy to die in the same manner as our Lord. So the Romans thought they would be funny and flipped him upside down. So the upside down cross is prominent in articles used by the pope who is St. Peter's successor. I belong to St. Peter's parish in Steubenville, OH. Our emblem contains an upside down cross and keys as well as the symbols for the three religious orders that had something to do with our history: Dominican, Benedictine and Franciscan. Home - St. Peter Church

St. Peter died in what is now St. Peter's square. The last thing he saw before he met the Lord was the obelisk. The same hunk of stone that is there now. It was brought from Egypt by Caesar but he is dead and so is his empire. The Church however, lives on and the obelisk is a memorial of our triumph over pagan Rome.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now you're saying the Church is not the people? It seems I've read several times here that Christ's Church is made up of people. Do you not agree with that?

The catholic church is not Christ's church.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I belong to St. Peter's parish in Steubenville, OH.

Is this it?

348s.jpg

Reactions: Old Man

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2
27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.
This verse is very interesting when taken out of context. But the context seems to clarify it for me. John is addressing a whole assembly. He talks about unity. He talks about those who've left the fold and that it was God's plan so that they would be found out. Near the end of the chapter he makes this statement. It seems to me that he is addressing the whole assembly, not any of the individuals. Of course some need to be taught--like the children--but as a whole they don't need an outsider to come in and teach them. That's what it seems to me, and without any authority you can't deny me that interpretation. I wonder what the original Greek says? Is John using the plural form of "you" or the singular. That might clear things up.

But anyway, I'm very interested in you (singular)! So, you received a special anointing that teaches you concerning all things? It teaches you that I am worshiping Satan without even knowing it? It teaches you that if I bow down in front of anything, even if it's just to retrieve a dropped nickle, that I'm worshiping it? It teaches you how to read what's in my heart when I practice my faith? I doubt it.

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see these things in your church?

Everyone should see this.

My favorite part is the unanswerable accusation that Vatican City is a city. So damning! The bible says the harlot is from a great city! Awww man. Busted! But the streets form triangles! Oh man! It must be satanic!

This is what your anointing teaches you?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vatican Treasurer facing sex assault charges - CNN
Vatican Treasurer facing sex assault charges — CNN

So....the correct response from the laity is a demand for justice for the victims in Australia and a zero tolerance for sexual abuse in the church.

Because, it's sort of moot to demand fingerprinting for Catechism teachers when Cardinals at the Vatican can be considered for promotion with these type of charges pending.

Reactions: Peanut

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...and to say so is a denial of "Christ in us." Which [again] is Antichrist.
The only thing that is "Antichrist" in this conversation is YOUR rejection of the leadership Christ Himself set up.
that's why He told them:

Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

Good luck with that . . .