Centering or Balance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was watching the Cobra Kai series (it takes place 34 years after the Karate Kid movies) and in it plus the movies there is talk of balance. Now I know many of you will look at my question in abject horror so please don't respond. This is for those with a level head so on to my question -

Is there such a thing as center or balance in Christianity.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was watching the Cobra Kai series (it takes place 34 years after the Karate Kid movies) and in it plus the movies there is talk of balance. Now I know many of you will look at my question in abject horror so please don't respond. This is for those with a level head so on to my question -

What do you mean by these terms??

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, we must both eat His flesh and drink His blood in quantities prescribed by God.

Flesh alone without the Blood equals a visibly dead person or persons with a whole lot of not understood or misunderstood information.

Blood alone without the Flesh equals an apparently living person or person with a whole lot of manifestation which no one understands.

Proper balance as one partakes of both as directed by the Spirit equals growth toward seeing Him face as we are becoming like Him.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES there is for sure.

Jesus is Fully God and Fully man. :)

Of course but that s not really what I am talking about. It is foreign to evangelicals, the Orthodox call it theosis but I am not sure. What I am talking about is the balance between one thing and the other. Between good and evil, between anger and happiness not over doing one way or the other which is seems quite foreign to western evangelicals

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

It depends on the context, obviously.
While we live in this world there must be a balance between using its facilities out of necessity, and over indulging and adoring them.
While we love each other on this earth, even ourselves, it must not over-balance, or even match, our love for God and Christ.
No, there is never a balance between light and dark, and good and evil, obviously. In God there is no darkness.
There must be a balance between Bible study, and putting it into practice. Too much theory is no good, nor too much interaction and words.
No, there is no balance between anger and happiness (false dichotomy). There should never be room for anger, and we should always be filled with joy contemplating our hope in Christ, irrespective of the circumstances.
Yes, there is a time to mourn, and a time to celebrate. A time for sorrow, and a time to rejoice. A time to build, and a time to tear down.