Why are faithless people claimed to be outside of the gates of the city in heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello there,

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST
Many people believe that God is going to destroy people in the lake of fire, but is that true?

In Revelation 20, you see that the devil, the false prophet, the beast are all placed in the lake of fire forever; and then following those who name was not in the book of life.

Revelation 20:7-10​
7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.​

Revelation 20:11-15​
11 And I saw a great white throne, and Him who is sitting upon it, from whose face the earth and the heaven did flee away, and place was not found for them; 12 and I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and scrolls were opened, and another scroll was opened, which is that of the life, and the dead were judged out of the things written in the scrolls -- according to their works; 13 and the sea did give up those dead in it, and the death and the hades did give up the dead in them, and they were judged, each one according to their works; 14 and the death and the hades were cast to the lake of the fire -- this [is] the second death; 15 and if any one was not found written in the scroll of the life, he was cast to the lake of the fire.​

Okay, so there was the judgment that was done for the house of Israel whom was to be first, and the age closed with the judgment and the doing away with Satan. All of the age is wrapped up in this moment, and satan, his angels, the false prophet, sin, death (spiritually), the beast, hades. All of it is done away with.​
Therefore God does destroy and make ruin those who have been placed beneath the feet of Jesus,​
Death, Sin, Hades, Satan, False Prophet, Beast, even Satans Angels which was going to be judged as well.​

1 Corinthians 15:20-28​

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.​
With this, and Jesus Christ having the victory now, and the destruction of the temple, and gathering of the bride in his day in age. He gives everything back to God, in which God may be all in all. The Lord God Almighty.​
Revelation 21: 1 - 4​
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth did pass away, and the sea is not any more;

2 and I, John, saw the holy city -- new Jerusalem -- coming down from God out of the heaven, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband;

3 and I heard a great voice out of the heaven, saying, `Lo, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and He will tabernacle with them, and they shall be His peoples, and God Himself shall be with them -- their God,

4 and God shall wipe away every tear from their eyes, and the death shall not be any more, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor shall there be any more pain, because the first things did go away.'​
Everything is made new - While struggles in this life continue - there is a heavenly kingdom now that is introduced from the old ways and the old things being put away. God is now over it all, and removed the devil - but human beings still have to deal with themselves, and others - and the only way to have a new life is by the spiritual rebirth - and they enter into a new hope - the new heavenly Jerusalem which is above, and with-in the heart paradoxically at the same time. You can find peace in Christ and with God, when you follow him, and you have troubles in this life and even lose people - knowing they will be resurrected.​
Revelation 21:5-8​

5 And He who is sitting upon the throne said, `Lo, new I make all things; and He saith to me, `Write, because these words are true and stedfast;'

6 and He said to me, `It hath been done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End; I, to him who is thirsting, will give of the fountain of the water of the life freely;

7 he who is overcoming shall inherit all things, and I will be to him -- a God, and he shall be to me -- the son,

8 and to fearful, and unstedfast, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the liars, their part [is] in the lake that is burning with fire and brimstone, which is a second death.'​

Jesus Christ is said to have the keys to the death, which is the second death (Spiritual) all will be made alive because of him, and judged, and it these passages seem to suggest that God is constantly calling by the spirit, and people have to make the choice to drink of the water that is offered freely, and John also mentions that - a certain group of people whom are "faithless" have a "PART" in the lake of fire. It does not say forever and ever here, like the previous chapter. These chapters are considered the renewal chapters.​
Revelation 22:12-19​

12 And lo, I come quickly, and my reward [is] with me, to render to each as his work shall be;
13 I am the Alpha and the Omega -- the Beginning and End -- the First and the Last.
14 `Happy are those doing His commands that the authority shall be theirs unto the tree of the life, and by the gates they may enter into the city;
15 and without [are] the dogs, and the sorcerers, and the whoremongers, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one who is loving and is doing a lie.
16 `I, Jesus did send my messenger to testify to you these things concerning the assemblies; I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star!
17 And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come; and he who is hearing -- let him say, Come; and he who is thirsting -- let him come; and he who is willing -- let him take the water of life freely.
18 `For I testify to every one hearing the words of the prophecy of this scroll, if any one may add unto these, God shall add to him the plagues that have been written in this scroll,
19 and if any one may take away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the scroll of the life, and out of the holy city, and the things that have been written in this scroll;'​

Now with people having a part in the lake of fire, in the previous chapter, you have here again - The Alpha and the Omega talking, and says that happy are those who do his commandments, but those who are faithless and unbeliving, are outside of the gates of the heavenly realm.

What do you think about faithless people being in heaven with the evidences here in the bible?
Is that a good thing?
Is that a bad thing?
Is that an unjust thing?

God is after all called an all consuming fire, and the soul (or the spirit of man) is never said to - not go on.
Deuteronomy 4:24 For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.​

Did Jesus speak truth when he said he would have a resurrection of the condemned, and resurrection of life?

John 5:25-29​
25 “And I assure you that the time is coming, indeed it’s here now, when the dead will hear my voice—the voice of the Son of God. And those who listen will live. 26 The Father has life in himself, and he has granted that same life-giving power to his Son. 27 And he has given him authority to judge everyone because he is the Son of Man.[a] 28 Don’t be so surprised! Indeed, the time is coming when all the dead in their graves will hear the voice of God’s Son, 29 and they will rise again. Those who have done good will rise to experience eternal life, and those who have continued in evil will rise to experience judgment.​

next post:

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now to connect the dots.

Philippians 2:9-11

9 Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor

and gave him the name above all other names,

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,

in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11 and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord,

to the glory of God the Father.

Is God, able to allow those in darkness to come to light - even though they are in a condemned state outside of the Kingdom?

Does fire, burn out darkness? Paradoxically in our own heart, here on earth - and possibly there in Heaven?

That sounds like a Lord Jesus Christ whom has had victory in my opinion.

There are many other verses as well.
1 Timothy 4:10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

----

Therefore does God's judgements make him wrong and injust? Or is there a purpose, for allowing freedom, while reaching out to people all day long, who choose to have nothing to do with him?​

~~~ Jesus promised - a resurrection of the condemned - a condemned spiritual body that may not be well to dwell in the light.​

The resurrection of life - a rewarded spiritual body built up here on earth, spiritual treasures formed there in the heaven.​

There is also a third resurrection - which is better than the normal but it comes through a life of self-sacrifice and looking and seeking God out diligently and walking by faith and walking in the spirit.​

Next post

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere in scripture is there ever said "there is no second chance" people say that but that doesn't make it true. These are just some of the interesting things I have found in scripture and wonder about and find it amazing they even exist, . . . its an alternative to the normal narrative.

There is one chance now today, though to learn about God and the one whom He had sent.
(even if it is just a humble person who seeks God and they have no book to read, God speaks through nature)

God uses all kinds of ways to talk to people, and that does include people.

If you are someone who desires wisdom, you are someone who loves themselves. Which is important, cause to Love God, and Love others, you are also to love yourself. (not in a vain way)

Psalms 19:8 To acquire wisdom is to love yourself; people who cherish understanding will prosper.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To connect more dots.

What do you think about Peters 2nd letter to his audience in his day, speaking about the Day of the Lord, and God's will.

The Day of the Lord Is Coming​

3 This is my second letter to you, dear friends, and in both of them I have tried to stimulate your wholesome thinking and refresh your memory. 2 I want you to remember what the holy prophets said long ago and what our Lord and Savior commanded through your apostles.

3 Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. 4 They will say, “What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created.”

5 They deliberately forget that God made the heavens long ago by the word of his command, and he brought the earth out from the water and surrounded it with water. 6 Then he used the water to destroy the ancient world with a mighty flood. 7 And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed.

8 But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. 9 The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment.[a]

11 Since everything around us is going to be destroyed like this, what holy and godly lives you should live, 12 looking forward to the day of God and hurrying it along. On that day, he will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames. 13 But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God’s righteousness.

14 And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight.

15 And remember, our Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved. This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him— 16 speaking of these things in all of his letters. Some of his comments are hard to understand, and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction.

Peter’s Final Words​

17 You already know these things, dear friends. So be on guard; then you will not be carried away by the errors of these wicked people and lose your own secure footing. 18 Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

All glory to him, both now and forever! Amen.

next post​

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To connect more dots.

What do you think about Peters 2nd letter to his audience in his day, speaking about the Day of the Lord, and God's will.

The Day of the Lord Is Coming​

3 This is my second letter to you, dear friends, and in both of them I have tried to stimulate your wholesome thinking and refresh your memory. 2 I want you to remember what the holy prophets said long ago and what our Lord and Savior commanded through your apostles.

3 Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. 4 They will say, “What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created.”

5 They deliberately forget that God made the heavens long ago by the word of his command, and he brought the earth out from the water and surrounded it with water. 6 Then he used the water to destroy the ancient world with a mighty flood. 7 And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed.

8 But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. 9 The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment.[a]

11 Since everything around us is going to be destroyed like this, what holy and godly lives you should live, 12 looking forward to the day of God and hurrying it along. On that day, he will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames. 13 But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God’s righteousness.

14 And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight.

15 And remember, our Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved. This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him— 16 speaking of these things in all of his letters. Some of his comments are hard to understand, and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction.

Peter’s Final Words​

17 You already know these things, dear friends. So be on guard; then you will not be carried away by the errors of these wicked people and lose your own secure footing. 18 Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

All glory to him, both now and forever! Amen.​
You sure avoid a LOT of Scripture that proves YOUR doctrines are FALSE!

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More connections of dotting.

What about what Ezekiel says, which YAHAVA says,

Ezekiel 33:11 As surely as I live, says Yahava, I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live. Turn! Turn from your wickedness, O people of Israel! Why should you die?

Next post

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More connections of dotting.

What about what Ezekiel says, which YAHAVA says,

Ezekiel 33:11 As surely as I live, says Yahava, I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live. Turn! Turn from your wickedness, O people of Israel! Why should you die?
What about all the NT that you totally evade?

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dots on dots.

The question that tends to come up is what is the lake of fire, and brimstone, where is it located?
Revelation 14:10 he also shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, that hath been mingled unmixed in the cup of His anger, and he shall be tormented in fire and brimstone before the holy messengers, and before the Lamb,​

And if Yahava, desires and wills that none shall perish, (2 Peter 3:9), and he doesn't rejoice in the death of the wicked (Eze 33:11), what is the purpose of this "torment" meaning to be examined?

It's fire that is coming from God.

There is only (Satan, The False Prophet, The Beast, Death, Hades) that are said to be in "the lake of fire ages unto ages.

While as stated in the original post; There people who take part in that fire.

Today, people take part in that lake of fire - how so?
Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear. He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire.

There is no escaping this fire there which I believe would be willingly, and there is no escaping the fire that is gone through willingly here.

The reason why I believe it would be willingly is because of the separation of faithless people outside of the city, and those whom are faithful that go into the Kingdom.

What are your thoughts about God?
Is he good?
Merciful?
just?
Rightly judges?
Is he the one whom the lake of fire comes from?
Is he able to have his will met and have NONE PERISH?​

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dots on dots.

The question that tends to come up is what is the lake of fire, and brimstone, where is it located?

And if Yahava, desires and wills that none shall perish, (2 Peter 3:9), and he doesn't rejoice in the death of the wicked (Eze 33:11), what is the purpose of this "torment" meaning to be examined?

It's fire that is coming from God.

There is only (Satan, The False Prophet, The Beast, Death, Hades) that are said to be in "the lake of fire ages unto ages.

While as stated in the original post; There people who take part in that fire.

Today, people take part in that lake of fire - how so?

There is no escaping this fire there which I believe would be willingly, and there is no escaping the fire that is gone through willingly here.

The reason why I believe it would be willingly is because of the separation of faithless people outside of the city, and those whom are faithful that go into the Kingdom.

What are your thoughts about God?
Is he good?
Merciful?
just?
Rightly judges?
Is he the one whom the lake of fire comes from?
Is he able to have his will met and have NONE PERISH?
Revelation 20
15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Including those who lead them to the lake of fire!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is subject study, mainly on why faithless people are claimed to be outside the gate of the kingdom of heaven; for those who are posting, and these are some of the reasonings why it is seen in such a way, you can believe it, not believe it. Hopefully, they will move this subject to the bible study, where it can lay dormant for awhile. May the God of comfort be with any and all who choose to take a look at this information, and may the holy spirit guide, and may they be encouraged to study the word. It will always be today when a choice must be made, to go through the fire in this life, in the death, burial, and resurrection, or come later on into it after this life in the condemned judgment that God righteously rewards gifts to those whom are faithless but are set outside of the kingdom do the freedom which God allows people to have. Ever since the dawn of creation, God has never forced, anyone to do anything, but he will give judgment and that will be the rewards they have received in the judgement of all deeds good or bad.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gehenna (the Valley of Hinnon) was a burning garbage dump outside of Jerusalem. City planners prefer to build their garbage dumps outside the city limits, since landfills and incinerators tend to depress nearby property values.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Lambano,

Many attribute 'Ghenna' as - Sheol, which is the covered place of the dead which is away from God - however, if you are suggesting that when Jesus spoke of this place, he was indeed talking about the Fire of God to come, or fire from heaven (Brimstone).

That is interesting and if it deals with a 'garbage pit' and people were probably thrown in there from time to time, it would seem that this 'FIRE PIT' is where people whom follow Christ today, give out their darkness within (mind/soul/emotions) to YAHAVA and Jesus burns those things away with the "Fire from Heaven"' renewing the mind of the things of light.

It could also have a more paradoxical meaning of 'Your whole earth and heavens will be burned up and ruined', because that exactly happened during the siege of Jerusalem everything went up in fire.

That is very awesome to think about thank you,
Matthew

Reactions: Lambano

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20
15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Including those who lead them to the lake of fire!
this prety much destroys any argument that the condemned will get a get out of "hell" free card

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternally Grateful,

Not a good experience, here either.

Considering Jesus baptized in the Holy Spirit and Fire.

Did you know that those who suffer with him, are heirs of him? That means to suffer a life lived for allowing the good works of God to come through in which the Spirit of Christ; (Holy Spirit) comes through individuals who die with him, buried their former life with him, and raised again with him.

Pauls second letter to Timothy,
2 Timothy 2:12
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Paul writes to the saints at Rome saying,
Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Paul writes again to the people at Philippa (i forgot how to spell it),
Philippians 3:10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,

That fire burns out the darkness of our hearts and our selfish ambitions, and desires, while here in the world looking towards heavenly things.

Paul wrote to the people at Colosse' saying,
Colossians 3:​

Living the New Life​

3 Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 2 Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. 3 For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 And when Christ, who is your[a] life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.

5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. 6 Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming.[b] 7 You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world. 8 But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. 9 Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. 10 Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him.​

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is subject study, mainly on why faithless people are claimed to be outside the gate of the kingdom of heaven; for those who are posting, and these are some of the reasonings why it is seen in such a way, you can believe it, not believe it. Hopefully, they will move this subject to the bible study, where it can lay dormant for awhile. May the God of comfort be with any and all who choose to take a look at this information, and may the holy spirit guide, and may they be encouraged to study the word. It will always be today when a choice must be made, to go through the fire in this life, in the death, burial, and resurrection, or come later on into it after this life in the condemned judgment that God righteously rewards gifts to those whom are faithless but are set outside of the kingdom do the freedom which God allows people to have. Ever since the dawn of creation, God has never forced, anyone to do anything, but he will give judgment and that will be the rewards they have received in the judgement of all deeds good or bad.
The righteous of the nations are not permitted entry into the holy city. Only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life. Those who are only written in the Book of life will inhabit the nations...think..."the meek will inherit the earth. The righteous indeed are scarcely saved. The saints, however, are abundantly saved. (2 Pet 1.)

Reactions: faithfulness

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Epi,

Thank you for bringing up what you did,
I remember reading this part,

Revelation 21:25-27​

New Living Translation​

25 Its gates will never be closed at the end of day because there is no night there. 26 And all the nations will bring their glory and honor into the city. 27 Nothing evil[a] will be allowed to enter, nor anyone who practices shameful idolatry and dishonesty—but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.
When Jesus speaks about the meek inheriting the earth,
That would seem to me an overtake in an individuals life, in which 'by their flesh they become more meek' conforming to the image of Christ. And doesn't deal with nations as you have stated, I most certainly am not a political person, nor do I ever see Jesus as one. There are many different organizations out there, that are trying to bring forth a 'Christian Nation', how those efforts are futile, the true nation a believer lives in, is the Kingdom of God that is in the heart, and not seen, the Heavenly Jerusalem. Individuals are made right by faith, in the death, burial, and resurrection and move forward into heavenly mindset thinking, and will allow the Spirit to come in and through their life.​

Thank you for bringing up something that many people may seem or deem is needed - to bring around something that is not even dealing with the Kingdom truly at hand, which is with-in individuals. (I could be wrong in my addressing, and that is good if it is so, cause there is always room for improvement)​
A note on nations​
Strong's Concordance
ethnos: a race, a nation, pl. the nations (as distinct from Isr.)​

Original Word: ἔθνος, ους, τό​
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter​
Transliteration: ethnos​
Phonetic Spelling: (eth'-nos)​
Definition: a race, a nation, the nations (as distinct from Israel)​
Usage: a race, people, nation; the nations, heathen world, Gentiles.​
HELPS Word-studies
1484 éthnos (from ethō, "forming a custom, culture") – properly, people joined by practicing similar customs or common culture; nation(s), usually referring to unbelieving Gentiles (non-Jews).​

Do you see anything else that may also need to be addressed or you would like to share?
You also brought up 2 Peter 1:

Let's also share it there is enough room.​

Greetings from Peter​

1 This letter is from Simon[a] Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ.

I am writing to you who share the same precious faith we have. This faith was given to you because of the justice and fairness[b] of Jesus Christ, our God and Savior.

2 May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.

Growing in Faith​

3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

5 In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.

8 The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But those who fail to develop in this way are shortsighted or blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their old sins.

10 So, dear brothers and sisters,[c] work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Do these things, and you will never fall away. 11 Then God will give you a grand entrance into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Paying Attention to Scripture​

12 Therefore, I will always remind you about these things—even though you already know them and are standing firm in the truth you have been taught. 13 And it is only right that I should keep on reminding you as long as I live.[d] 14 For our Lord Jesus Christ has shown me that I must soon leave this earthly life,[e] 15 so I will work hard to make sure you always remember these things after I am gone.

16 For we were not making up clever stories when we told you about the powerful coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. We saw his majestic splendor with our own eyes 17 when he received honor and glory from God the Father. The voice from the majestic glory of God said to him, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.”[f] 18 We ourselves heard that voice from heaven when we were with him on the holy mountain.

19 Because of that experience, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. You must pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a lamp shining in a dark place—until the Day dawns, and Christ the Morning Star shines[g] in your hearts. 20 Above all, you must realize that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet’s own understanding,[h] 21 or from human initiative. No, those prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from God.​

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is a teaching on some of the aspects, of "Eternal Lake of Fire Suffering", "Hell", "Universal Salvation". You decide what you will believe.

Brining up also biblical sound, with verses in the bible, and some insights.

This does deal with the Original Topic "Why are faithless people claimed to be outside of the gates of the Heavenly City?"

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternally Grateful,

Not a good experience, here either.

Considering Jesus baptized in the Holy Spirit and Fire.
He WILL baptize WITH the Holy Spirit and Fire.

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

There is only one fire in scripture that is said to be unquenchable. that is hellfire..

No one has been baptized with fire yet.. That happens at the great white throne judgment on all who do not believe (all who were not baptised with the Holy Spirit

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Eternally Grateful,

Yes, you are right. Jesus is the one whom baptizes with the holy spirit and fire.

4442 pýrfire. In Scripture, fire is often used figuratively – like with the "fire of God" which transforms all it touches into light and likeness with itself

God's Spirit
, like a holy fire, enlightens and purifies so that believers can share more and more in His likeness. Indeed the fire of God brings the uninterrupted privilege of being transformed which happens by experiencing faith from Him. Our lives can become true offerings to Him as we obey this imparted faith from God by His power.

[This is illustrated by God's fire burning continuously at the entrance of the Tabernacle where the priests made sweet-savor offerings. Compare Lev 6:12,13 with 1 Pet 2:5,9.]

That happens now today for those who follow him, and carry his death, along with burial and resurrection with him.

There is the lake of fire, and brimestone,

Revelation 14:10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

which people may go through after this life, after their judgement and dwelling outside of the city,

2303 theíon – properly, sulfur ("brimstone," i.e. smoky, burning rocks), i.e. sulphurous, named for the sulphur-smell left by lightning; (figuratively) the fire of heaven, bringing down God's judgment to display His awesome, unstoppable power.

that is the 'theory' anyway, with a lot of scripture that claims that God has a will that none shall perish.

Therefore - who is the one whom will baptize you in the holy spirit and fire? As John stated?

That is why the topic is as it is why is it claimed that faithless people reside outside of the city of heaven?

All the best and Glory to Yahava, and the Lord Yeshua Christ, the Son of God,
Matthew

Last edited: