Cessastionism ,What is it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And
if the Creator, the Father in Heaven,
since then, and today, confirmed His Word with signs and wonders or miracles,
would you stop Him ?
There are NO Apostles on earth to bring new revelation. Jesus promised they would be guided into ALL TRUTH, and they were.

Reactions: Mr C

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, as they confirmed that the message of the Apostles concerning Jesus as messiah and Lord was correct!
Yes, they were promised to be guided into ALL TRUTH;jn16
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Reactions: Mr C

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all my friend. If you understood MK16, you would see that the signs followed those who believed...Believed the Apostolic preaching, thank you very much for proving my point.

It helps to read the whole passage, not pull out a phrase or two;watch;
14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

There you go, read it 5 or 10 times in a row, then you will see it!
What else do you have brother?
17 And these signs ....shall follow.....them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Are you of them/they that believe?

Do these signs follow you?

If not, why not?

You possibly don't believe?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 And these signs ....shall follow.....them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

If not, why not?

I was not there when the Apostles were alive, were you there?
you still do not understand the text, do you?
What i present covers the whole account, you leave out that what was believed was the Apostolic preaching.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was not there when the Apostles were alive, were you there?
you still do not understand the text, do you?
What i present covers the whole account, you leave out that what was believed was the Apostolic preaching.
Are you "them/they" that believe?

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And
if the Creator, the Father in Heaven,
since then, and today, confirmed His Word with signs and wonders or miracles,
would you stop Him ?
Nope, but the very few places today seems to be even doing anything like that are in Islamic nations that deny even getting bible in there, so God might be sending them dreams and visions to prepare for coming evangelism!

Reactions: Nancy

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If not, why not?

many see that as being added on by scribes latger on though and was not part of original inspired text!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you "them/they" that believe?
I am part of they that believe the apostolic testimony. Those sign gifts accompany those who heard the apostles in the first century. You were not there to hear them. God tells us he confirmed their word with signs following I have all I need now in scripture as the Holy Spirit quickens it to me
The part about being bitten by serpents was fulfilled you look in Acts 27 Paul had been bitten and he didn't die but he preached Christ and God used it to save those people and credential his word in the Apostle Paul at that time. It's recorded in scripture for us so we can know what did take place and why it was true and we could also understand that we have to believe the apostolic word

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am part of they that believe the apostolic testimony. Those sign gifts accompany those who heard the apostles in the first century. You were not there to hear them. God tells us he confirmed their word with signs following I have all I need now in scripture as the Holy Spirit quickens it to me
The part about being bitten by serpents was fulfilled you look in Acts 27 Paul had been bitten and he didn't die but he preached Christ and God used it to save those people and credential his word in the Apostle Paul at that time. It's recorded in scripture for us so we can know what did take place and why it was true and we could also understand that we have to believe the apostolic word
No, Jesus said this....

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;....

Not this....

17 And these signs shall follow them 12 APOSTLES that believe ONLY IN THE 1ST CENTURY; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
many see that as being added on by scribes latger on though and was not part of original inspired text!
Egad.

They hate water baptismal requirements and gifts following believers that much?

Nasty theologians.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Jesus said this....

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;....
Who is Jesus talking to in mark 16

Not this....

17 And these signs shall follow them 12 APOSTLES that believe ONLY IN THE 1ST CENTURY; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;...

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews seems to make it clear that those Apostolic gifts had wane , as they fulfilled their purpose!

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, they just wanted to get back to what the original text had stated for and to us!
There is no original text left.

It has been disintegrated for well over 1000 years.

All that is left are copies of copies.

These "theologians" are trying to eliminate water baptism for the remission of sins, thus they are the most corrupt "Christians" on the planet...even worse than the RCC.

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no original text left.

It has been disintegrated for well over 1000 years.

All that is left are copies of copies.

These "theologians" are trying to eliminate water baptism for the remission of sins, thus they are the most corrupt "Christians" on the planet...even worse than the RCC.
water Baptism not requirement for salvation!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
water Baptism not requirement for salvation!
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, ....

Remission of sins was not required for the murderers of Jesus, nor us?

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, ....

Remission of sins was not required for the murderers of Jesus, nor us?
The Greek text states though that they were to be water baptized into the name of the One who remitted their sins, Jesus Christ!
Source of remission of sins not the water baptism, but Jesus Himself!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An American citizen was shot six times and killed in a courtroom in Pakistan on Wednesday by a gunman who accused him of being an “enemy of Islam“, according to reports.

A 19-year old gunman shot Tahir Ahmad Naseem, 57, in a courtroom where the Illinois resident was being tried on blasphemy charges.

Video of the shooter circulated widely on social media. The killer, only identified as “Faisal,” claimed he had received a command from Muhammad to kill the “enemy of Islam.”

He received a message outside of scripture.If he did get a message it was from a demonic spirit.