Cessastionism ,What is it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it the person doing the sign and wonders, or God Himself?
Acts 5:12 The apostles performed many signs and wonders ...
biblehub . com/acts/5-12.htm
"The apostles performed many signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers used to meet together in Solomon's Colonnade. New Living Translation The apostles were performing many miraculous signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers were meeting regularly at the Temple in the area known as Solomon's Colonnade."

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 5:12 The apostles performed many signs and wonders ...
biblehub . com/acts/5-12.htm
"The apostles performed many signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers used to meet together in Solomon's Colonnade. New Living Translation The apostles were performing many miraculous signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers were meeting regularly at the Temple in the area known as Solomon's Colonnade."
Yes, and my contention is that there are none today gifted to do such as they were!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and my contention is that there are none today gifted to do such as they were!
Seek, and keep seeking;
Ask, and keep asking;
perhaps the Creator will answer positively.
(and He May just be silent , as He Pleases So To Do)

Your "contention" is here today, gone tomorrow - a wisp in the wind.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has not what?

I posted this....

The gifts have never ceased because Jesus has not returned.

Therefore, these (partial, dark glass)gifts will be in operation until that which is perfect is come(the millennial reign of Christ), then every eye shall see him, ALL lame shall walk etc.

There will be no need for the gifts because every human will be made well.

Even democrats...LOL
All Apostolic sign gifts ceased as they accomplished what they were intended to do.
Now we have what God intended for us to have as eph4 declares.
It is not ongoing, but complete.God did not forget to tell us anything.
We do not have to make things up in an effort to help out.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, never make something up.

Just watch, pay attention, (wherever you go in person - not in the news/ online/ in sermons) ....

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has. There was a missionary retired i my Church before he went home to Christ and he was in Africa when he was younger and he even saw people being raised from the dead. In America our faith is inadequate, we want to much rationalization and control instead of let God have control
Anyone can claim anything.
We are not told to believe stories but rather scripture.
I did not have to be on Noah's arc to know it happened just the way God had it recorded in scripture.
The Spirit quickened the word to real believers.
I do not need to believe God sent an angel to a believer who was lingering outside a bar at 2 am, giving a supposed message to stop straddling the fence, when scripture already commands they we do not take part in the kingdom of darkness.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, never make something up.

Just watch, pay attention, (wherever you go in person - not in the news/ online/ in sermons) ....
All believers have a God conciousness.
We are vessels used to be faithful to convey saving truth to lost souls.
Not weird stories,false claims of dead being raised and other invented claims.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All believers have a God conciousness.
We are vessels used to be faithful to convey saving truth to lost souls.
Not weird stories,false claims of dead being raised and other invented claims.
So then do not post weird stories, false claims (at all of anything), nor other invented claims.

No. Rather as written: WHAT you have BOTH seen and heard (in person), speak about as the disciples in the NT did.

AFTER you see the dead raised, you may speak about it first hand. Not until then, per se.
Same with healing- AFTER you have experiential knowledge , THEN speak about that.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Apostolic sign gifts ceased as they accomplished what they were intended to do.
You just debunked Mark 16:16-18.

Shame on you.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those called into official ministries such as Pastors, teachers, and Elders though!
Of course. Kings and priests right out of the baptistry, then the gifts and sings will follow them.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone can claim anything.
We are not told to believe stories but rather scripture.
I did not have to be on Noah's arc to know it happened just the way God had it recorded in scripture.
The Spirit quickened the word to real believers.
I do not need to believe God sent an angel to a believer who was lingering outside a bar at 2 am, giving a supposed message to stop straddling the fence, when scripture already commands they we do not take part in the kingdom of darkness.

You do you, I will pray for your unbelief.

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, as they confirmed that the message of the Apostles concerning Jesus as messiah and Lord was correct!

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, as they confirmed that the message of the Apostles concerning Jesus as messiah and Lord was correct!
And
if the Creator, the Father in Heaven,
since then, and today, confirmed His Word with signs and wonders or miracles,
would you stop Him ?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just debunked Mark 16:16-18.

Shame on you.
Not at all my friend. If you understood MK16, you would see that the signs followed those who believed...Believed the Apostolic preaching, thank you very much for proving my point.

It helps to read the whole passage, not pull out a phrase or two;watch;
14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

There you go, read it 5 or 10 times in a row, then you will see it!
What else do you have brother?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do you, I will pray for your unbelief.
Sorry, my friend, I am not in unbelief, but rather believe scripture as it is taught.
Can I ask you why you have a picture of a wafer, and a man on a cross, when we the second commandment speaks against such things? That might be a better object of your prayer.