Change of mind only Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

When dealing with some Christian doctrines that depart from the Bible, it becomes necessary to teach the Bible basics, that any mature adult already knows. Serious people know that repenting of something, is not just changing our mind about it. A changed attitude about something is nothing without changing it.

Bible repentance is never of the mind only and not from works, even as Bible faith toward God is never alone without works.

Changing the mind about lust and sin, is nothing without changing the heart from lusting and sinning.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Just because hearers of the word now believe lusting and sinning is no good as before, does not make the hearer justified with God. Only those repented of such dead works are doing good and justified with God.

'Repenting' of enjoying lust and sin, is not Bible repentance from lusting and sinning.

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Bible love and hatred is not just a change of mind, but a change of heart and life. Loving righteousness is doing it from the heart. Hating iniquity is not doing it at all.

No man receives the Spirit of Christ by 'hating iniquity' with their minds, while lusting with the heart and sinning with the flesh.

For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

Only acknowledging our lust and sin as evil, does not stop our lusting and sinning. But now it only makes the lusting and sinning a greater condemnation before us, for continuing to do what we now know is evil against God.

Bible confession and forgiveness of transgression, is not just knowing it is against God, but is with godly sorrow to repent of doing it.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

No man has repented with godly sorrow unto the salvation of Jesus Christ, by just changing their mind about what lust and sin really is.

The sorrow of the world is repentance of the mind only, that still works death. It is only having sorrow about lusting and sinning, but if the heart is not changed from doing it, then the wages is still death to the soul.

Only having a sorrowful mind about it, is no better than sorry Esau. He had a change of mind about what he had done, but still not have a change of heart from doing it. He repented with the mind, but not with the heart.

Man needs more than just a change of mind about sinning. He needs a whole new change of heart from sinning. The wages of sinning is still death, whether man acknowledges it and is sorry about it or not.

If man wants more than just a change of mind about lust and sin, to have a change of life from lusting and sinning, then Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
There has been a whole loot of back and forth about this stuff, and it can be an interesting exercise in correcting errors against the Bible.

But seriously, no sober minded adult really thinks for one second that just admitting to being a corrupted sinners, makes us justified with the righteous Lord and Judge of all the earth.

"Well, what do you have to say for yourself?" "Judge, you and the jury are exactly right. I am a thief." "Well, son, ok then. You're free to go." "Thanks dad!"

"Hold on son. You ARE going to stop stealing, right?" "Well, dad, you know with me that's really not possible. But I will try really hard only to steal from time to time." "Ok then son, if that's the best you can do, then that's fine by me. Not guilty!"

No one really believes all this mental faith only stuff, do they? I mean, the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ is just to become better neighbors with less sinning than before?? God forbid!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

When dealing with some Christian doctrines that depart from the Bible, it becomes necessary to teach the Bible basics, that any mature adult already knows. Serious people know that repenting of something, is not just changing our mind about it. A changed attitude about something is nothing without changing it.

Bible repentance is never of the mind only and not from works, even as Bible faith toward God is never alone without works.

Changing the mind about lust and sin, is nothing without changing the heart from lusting and sinning.
I think repentance refers to resisting the urge to sin.

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Please lets discuss the doctrines that you think depart from the Bible.

Also all that answer please add book/vhapter/verse as to why it departs from the Bible.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Please lets discuss the doctrines that you think depart from the Bible.
Just did.

If you just disagree, that's fine by me.

If you want to show how my words are wrong, I'll take a look at it. I don't mind being properly corrected.