Character

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then next in line was Chinese wildman or man-monkey.....Bigfoot...although the spelling was different.

It comes from my discussion with a rather bumptious atheist, who told me I was not aware of how "barbaric" Christianity is. I said "call me the barbarian, then." It caught on among the others on that board, and so it went. "Yeh ren" ( 野 人) or perhaps "Yeman ren" is the closest thing in Chinese.

But why it's in Chinese is another story; perhaps later.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It comes from my discussion with a rather bumptious atheist, who told me I was not aware of how "barbaric" Christianity is. I said "call me the barbarian, then." It caught on among the others on that board, and so it went. "Yeh ren" ( 野 人) or perhaps "Yeman ren" is the closest thing in Chinese.

But why it's in Chinese is another story; perhaps later.
I see...a barbarian. Ok...it's how you identify yourself so be it.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This explains alot about your posts.

Close, but wrong, again. Eastern Orthodox Christians are not the only orthodox believers. In fact they aren't even the largest segment of apostolic Christians.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Close, but wrong, again. Eastern Orthodox Christians are not the only orthodox believers. In fact they aren't even the largest segment of apostolic Christians.
I really don't care....I was mostly curious as to the origin of your name.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told us the world would hate us, and it does.
Yeah He told me the same thing....and He was right....more people are martyred for their Christian faith than any denomination in history.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems kind of weird to judge someone’s faith by their avatar or online name. I do not worship trees....

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yehren says:
You seem to believe that Jesus meant that the secular world is His concern. It is not.

Then He died in vain.

He repeatedly said that His kingdom was not of this world, telling his followers to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems kind of weird to judge someone’s faith by their avatar or online name. I do not worship trees....
aspen...really? But it's easy to judge someone by their character? Uhum I mean perceived character? You sound like a Democrat...the rules apply to others but not themselves.

Reactions: ScottA and Willie T

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yehren says:
You seem to believe that Jesus meant that the secular world is His concern. It is not

But yet Jesus said Thy Kingdom come Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven....The Lord's prayer

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It was originally a joke, to deflect the anger of an atheist. Then it just sort of grew from there. I was a Christian on a board with few of us among those of many other faiths or none at all. But barbarians were among the first of His followers after all.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yehren says:
You seem to believe that Jesus meant that the secular world is His concern. It is not.

He repeatedly said that His kingdom was not of this world, telling his followers to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.
So if Jesus tells us to pray Thy Kingdom Come Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven......hmmmmmm

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But yet Jesus said Thy Kingdom come Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven

Luke 17:20 And being asked by the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come? he answered them, and said: The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: [21] Neither shall they say: Behold here, or behold there. For lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

One who is ready to receive Him, will find this is true.

You are making it too complicated. Just accept Him in, and there is the Kingdom of God. He's not a theologian, He is the Savior.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 17:20 And being asked by the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come? he answered them, and said: The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: [21] Neither shall they say: Behold here, or behold there. For lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

Yes the Pharisees was not anyone to believe.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are making it too complicated. Just accept Him in, and there is the Kingdom of God. He's not a theologian, He is the Savior.
Okay notice kingdom of God is within you lower case k....this is the gospel of salvation of Jesus....and a better translation would be is among you.
His Kingdom is capital K referring to God's Kingdom.

Reactions: ScottA

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the Pharisees was not anyone to believe.

The Pharisees had only to accept what he told them. But they were looking for a Savior to be a political leader, one who would set kings on thrones. He was telling them that was not His purpose.