Character

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pharisees had only to accept what he told them. But they were looking for a Savior to be a political leader, one who would set kings on thrones. He was telling them that was not His purpose.
He was messing with their heads because they sought to catch Him in speaking blasphemy.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yehren says:
Luke 17:20 And being asked by the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come? he answered them, and said: The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: [21] Neither shall they say: Behold here, or behold there. For lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

Okay notice kingdom of God is within you lower case k....

That was from the Bible. I thought you knew. If I cite the Bible, notice that I'll give the book and verse to show you. My words were these:

"You are making it too complicated. Just accept Him in, and there is the Kingdom of God. He's not a theologian, He is the Savior."

I capitalized "Kingdom." Scripture did not. Do you think God's word is wrong thereby? How so?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was messing with their heads because they sought to catch Him in speaking blasphemy.

Confounding those who would use trickery and false accusations on Him. You're getting close to a revelation here, I think.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yehren says:
Luke 17:20 And being asked by the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come? he answered them, and said: The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: [21] Neither shall they say: Behold here, or behold there. For lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

That was from the Bible. I thought you knew. My words were these:

"You are making it too complicated. Just accept Him in, and there is the Kingdom of God. He's not a theologian, He is the Savior."

I capitalized "Kingdom." Scripture did not. Do you think God's word is wrong thereby? How so?
Back to the beginning when you said Jesus did not come to save the secular world.....secular means like in man's understanding.....and He did come to save mankind.....whosoever shall believe shall be saved.
Now think....why come to earth and be made flesh if it isn't about the secular world.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the beginning when you said Jesus did not come to save the secular world

I did? (Yehren checks) No, turns out, I didn't. I said that Jesus made it plain that His Kingdom is not of this world. He rejected the role of a secular Messiah, who would set up an earthly kingdom.

.....secular means like in man's understanding.....

No.
sec·u·lar
/ˈsekyələr/

adjective
adjective: secular

1. 1.
    denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.
    "secular buildings"
    synonyms: nonreligious, lay, nonchurch, temporal, worldly, earthly, profane; More
    unsanctified, unconsecrated, unhallowed;
    rarelaic
    "secular music"
    antonyms: holy, religious, sacred
  2. 2.
    Christian Church
    (of clergy) not subject to or bound by religious rule; not belonging to or living in a monastic or other order.

Now think....why would He set up a "worldly, temporal, profane, unsanctified" kingdom, if He was God?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did? (Yehren checks) No, turns out, I didn't. I said that Jesus made it plain that His Kingdom is not of this world. He rejected the role of a secular Messiah, who would set up an earthly kingdom.

No.
sec·u·lar
/ˈsekyələr/

adjective
adjective: secular

1. 1.
    denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.
    "secular buildings"
    synonyms: nonreligious, lay, nonchurch, temporal, worldly, earthly, profane; More
    unsanctified, unconsecrated, unhallowed;
    rarelaic
    "secular music"
    antonyms: holy, religious, sacred
  2. 2.
    Christian Church
    (of clergy) not subject to or bound by religious rule; not belonging to or living in a monastic or other order.

Now think....why would He set up a "worldly, temporal, profane, unsanctified" kingdom, if He was God?
Oh yeah.....got too many threads going...
I agree His Kingdom is not of this world but He will establish His Kingdom here after satan is gone....

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree His Kingdom is not of this world but He will establish His Kingdom here after satan is gone....
And on top of that He will put the Garden of Eden back on earth.
It's pretty simple....God is undoing all that Satan did.....and He is going through the same door that Satan entered and is sealing it shut forever.

Reactions: Nancy

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happens to all of us...

It will be a different "here" after that one is gone.

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth. For the first heaven and the first earth was gone, and the sea is now no more.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we vote someone in with the ideal not to defend America, it would be worse then one without it.
You are quite right. But too many people have not woken up to the betrayal of America by the Left. In another time this would have been seen as treason. So I will post this excellent analysis of what is going on today to destroy America:

'Most Americans are by now familiar with the fact that higher-ups in the FBI, DOJ, CIA and the Obama administration attempted to destroy the Republican candidate for the presidency. Once Donald Trump won, they doubled down on their despicable collusion of fakery to see the man not only driven from office but rendered guilty of treason.

They did all of this knowing full well that none of it was true. It was all part of a plan, their "insurance policy" to ensure Hillary Clinton's ascension to the White House despite her many crimes, which they all worked to conceal. Much of this was likely done to ensure their own job security...

Over the last few days, the New York Times again demeaned itself by reviving the groundless and malicious attacks on Justice Brett Kavanaugh. The vicious Left failed to keep him from being seated on the Court but they've not given up on their attempts to intimidate not only Kavanaugh as he judges the cases before him, but any and all future Trump nominees.

This new attempt by the NYT and two wholly unethical reporters at that paper again crosses all lines of respectable, legitimate journalism. The NYT is no longer, and has not been for ages, an honest broker of the news; it is rag that dispenses fake news intended to deceive. The facts of this campaign to ruin Kavanaugh and his family, because the left wants to protect unimpeded abortion rights, are well-known and obvious. They are also a stain on all those who participated in the scheme, a scarlet letter of a sort. Nothing any of them ever writes again can be or will be trusted. Nothing published by the NYT can be trusted. Nothing on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS or NBC can be trusted. They are all agents of corruption and deceit. ...

Why do they hate Trump so? Because he is a Republican for starters but because he is not an establishment Republican who operates according to the beltway's Marquess of Queensberry rules, foremost among them being fair play. We all know by now that Trump loves nothing more than rocking their sordid boat. Thank God for Trump! He has forced them to reveal their inner turpitude for all to see...

It was a tragic travesty that most likely did permanent damage to the psyches of Kavanaugh, his wife and daughters. That perversion of decency did permanent damage to all of us. Do any of the perpetrators, especially those Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee who savaged the man, care about the horrors they have visited upon that family? Not one bit. They are soulless, heartless engines of malevolence. And they are proud of themselves for inflicting misery on an innocent family. They did it to Trump and to Kavanaugh. Today, they did it, or tried, to Corey Lewandowski, so desperate are they to appease their moonbat base. It's a safe bet that they look forward to doing it again to whomever gets in the way of their plan to gain absolute control of 350m American citizens.

Bottom line? If the Republicans do not begin to fight back with at least some of the tactics the left uses to defame their ideological opponents, they will be handing the country over to this thoroughly amoral pit of vipers. This is not to suggest that conservatives stoop to their level, only that they must, must, must strengthen their quaking spines and fight every legal way remotely possible.

For starters, Kavanaugh must sue the NYT for their blatant and disgusting defamation. Sullivan does not apply here; they did what they did with absolute malice and they should be punished as surely as the conspirators who tried to stage a coup against Trump need to be punished. If they are not, our law-enforcement institutions will have been made irrelevant; the Constitution will have been made irrelevant. These leftists may flatter themselves in thinking they are our intellectual superiors, but after last week's debate they are actually reminiscent of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - pestilence, war, famine and death. They must be defeated for they do not mean well.'

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/09/trump_kavanaugh_lewandowski_and_our_malignant_left.html

Reactions: Willie T

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From police reports, Kavanaugh's associates, and a number of women who encountered him in those days, he drank too much and behaved badly. That's a given.

No one can say the Senate was unaware of this, or that this latest revelation significantly changes things. If a review of his testimony at confirmation can unequivocally show he lied under oath, he needs to be removed. Otherwise? Can't see it changing things.

Reactions: Willie T

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is a bit low to drag up Kavanaugh’s college behavior. We all had to learn how to behave at some point. I am much more concerned about current behavior and being a partisan Justice is not against the law, unfortunately.

Reactions: Nancy