Character

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well...you have lots to learn:

(lots of verses, none of which says God determines the outcome of elections)

Perhaps that's a revelation for you, is it not?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just typed this into Google Search:
"How much money was on the pallet Obama sent to Iran?"

Some of their money was being held by the United States, pending their destruction of the weapons-grade enrichment unit. Like the money held by other nations, they were told that if they wanted it back, they'd end their weapons program. When they complied, the money was released.

That's how demands work. They complied with Obama's directive to end the program and their money was returned to them.

Reactions: aspen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(lots of verses, none of which says God determines the outcome of elections)

Perhaps that's a revelation for you, is it not?
Not...and not correct either, but it is rather worldly and secular unbelief.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not...and not correct either, but it is rather worldly and secular unbelief.

Seems to me, Jesus made it very clear that the politics of men is not His concern:

Matthew 22:18 But Jesus knowing their wickedness, said: Why do you tempt me, ye hypocrites? [19] Shew me the coin of the tribute. And they offered him a penny. [20] And Jesus saith to them: Whose image and inscription is this?

[21] They say to him: Caesar's. Then he saith to them: Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God, the things that are God's.

Your desire to have God concerned with worldly and secular things is a mistake, I think.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it seems to me that your choice aligns with Ceasar, in spite of God making it clear that he is the one who raises up leaders.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it seems to me that your choice aligns with Ceasar, in spite of God making it clear that he is the one who raises up leaders.

Your secular and worldly outlook on this issue seems inconsistent with Jesus' words.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your secular and worldly outlook on this issue seems inconsistent with Jesus' words.
That is the problem then. You "seems" to believe that Jesus meant that the secular world has its own actual domain. It does not.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to believe that Jesus meant that the secular world is His concern. It is not.
Again you go extra biblical in error.

2 Peter 3:9
"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again you go extra biblical in error.

2 Peter 3:9
"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."
I looked up the name Yehren....as I was curious to its origin...the only thing that popped up is Kabalarian Philosophy...
Kabalarian Philosophy - The wisdom of the East meets the practicality of the West
Main philosophy is you gain harmonious living through logic and reasoning.

Reactions: ScottA

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems to me, Jesus made it very clear that the politics of men is not His concern:

Matthew 22:18 But Jesus knowing their wickedness, said: Why do you tempt me, ye hypocrites? [19] Shew me the coin of the tribute. And they offered him a penny. [20] And Jesus saith to them: Whose image and inscription is this?

[21] They say to him: Caesar's. Then he saith to them: Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God, the things that are God's.

Your desire to have God concerned with worldly and secular things is a mistake, I think.

And yet He chose to dwell with sinners and fellowship with them. To be amongst rhem to reveal sin and to show His agape love towards them.

Reactions: ScottA

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet He chose to dwell with sinners and fellowship with them.

Yes. No political issues. This is why the Pharisees would not follow Him. They were looking for a political Messiah, and that is not what His ministry was about.

John 18:36 Jesus answered: My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would certainly strive that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now my kingdom is not from hence.

To be amongst rhem to reveal sin and to show His agape love towards them.

Yes. He would condemn sin such as that of the woman caught in adultery, but He would not condemn them, only telling them to sin no more.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. No political issues. This is why the Pharisees would not follow Him. They were looking for a political Messiah, and that is not what His ministry was about.

John 18:36 Jesus answered: My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would certainly strive that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now my kingdom is not from hence.

Yes. He would condemn sin such as that of the woman caught in adultery, but He would not condemn them, only telling them to sin no more.
And Mary Magdalene served him the rest of her life.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I thought his application of scripture waa way to twisted to be Christian faith.

It's orthodox Trinitarian Christianity. Any apostolic Christian would recognize it.

.and that avatar! Zeus?

Look closely. When have you seen any Greek god wearing one of those?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's orthodox Trinitarian Christianity. Any apostolic Christian would recognize it.

Look closely. When have you seen any Greek god wearing one of those?
I have never seen a Greek God....have you?