Choice of doctrine is driven by religious preconception - Spirituality is an individualized journey

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

Take your pick!
This does NOT address the issue of doctrinal diversity at all.

Are you claiming that anyone that does not agree with YOUR own personal doctrinal opinions is "of the world"?
Basically, your way, or the highway. Cleverly disguised as "God's way" according to you. (not buying it)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This does NOT address the issue of doctrinal diversity at all.

Are you claiming that anyone that does not agree with YOUR own personal doctrinal opinions is "of the world"?
Basically, your way, or the highway. Cleverly disguised as "God's way" according to you. (not buying it)
On the contrary, the WORD is the direct confrontation to the 'compromise'.

JESUS is claiming:
Jesus answered them and said, “My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.

JESUS is inviting you and all to discover the Truth:
"If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority."

Reactions: marks

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been using the word "compromise" in the negative sense this whole time.
As in, "compromise" = sacrificing core essential doctrines. I'm not saying that.

I meant compromise in the positive sense. As in, not voicing your doctrinal opinions in non-essential
issues in order to keep the peace and promote the appearance of surface level unity.
JESUS is claiming:
What doctrine are we talking about specifically here?
"If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority."
What doctrine are we talking about specifically here?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I simply write the word: "Bride" on left or right side of paragraph [line or sentence] in which she begins a speech. When she stops speaking and someone else starts such as Bridegroom (Jesus) I simply write the word: "Jesus". In most cases in the book {Song of Solomon} one or the other of them is effectively speaking. At least once someone else is speaking and I write: "Other" [Song 8:8].

These make it easy to change or to add other notes which may seem to apply. Years ago I stopped annotating my Bibles in ink because I learned that God does lead me in different ways. Pencil is erasable.
Thanks! I use frixion pens for Bible writing. the ink is erasable. :)

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks! I use frixion pens for Bible writing. the ink is erasable. :)
LOL
That is so funny. Not sure if you meant it that way.

I remember completely destroying a 1985 NIV translation Bible with my underlining and study notes written everywhere in permanent ink.
I taped the cover back together because I had broken the binding.

1687728354430.png

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I write all over my Bible and sometimes I make an error. Frixion pens allow you to erase. They are the only pen I use.
The coolest thing about them aside from that is that if you apply heat to it(140F),the ink clears, and you have to put it in the freezer to see it.
So ya wouldn't put your notebook on the dashboard in Texas summer.
I love them. Great for foreign language class. I am always messing up words--this keeps my notes neat.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I write all over my Bible and sometimes I make an error. Frixion pens allow you to erase. They are the only pen I use.
The coolest thing about them aside from that is that if you apply heat to it(140F),the ink clears, and you have to put it in the freezer to see it.
So ya wouldn't put your notebook on the dashboard in Texas summer.
I love them. Great for foreign language class. I am always messing up words--this keeps my notes neat.
I like the Pilot brand as well.
I used to buy the Pilot Razor Point pens by the box full for work. (design)

I don't write on a Bible any more. I write on the forum. - LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Cassandra

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we should constantly be in prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:17), learning from the Lord.
And we need to be willing to accept when we are plainly wrong, even if it does seem to separate us from others. We shouldn't march in the enemies parades for the sake of inclusion.

Much love!

Reactions: Bob Estey

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

JESUS is claiming:

Exactly!!

Much love!

Reactions: David in NJ

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we need to be willing to accept when we are plainly wrong, even if it does seem to separate us from others. We shouldn't march in the enemies parades for the sake of inclusion.

Much love!
Yes, as the Bible teaches, Satan is the ruler of this world.

Reactions: marks