Chosen or not chosen??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

musicmad

Mar 26, 2008
Hi, this post is aimed at the more experienced bible people, with the hope that i would receive a more knowledged answer, but of course without disregard, it is open to everybody, thank you.My question is, are we already CHOSEN, i mean pre chosen by GOD, has he already destined those who he wants to be holy, and those who he doesn't?? If this is true, then what hope is there for those who are destined Not to be holy, yet STILL try, is there fate eternal damnation??, But for those who are destined to be holy, have eternal life??. The reason i ask this question is because even though i regard myself to be a christian, there are times that i feel that maybe i wasn't destined to be a man of GOD, and that all my faith and suffering in Christ is FUTILE??. I'm thinking this could be for two reasons, one: its just the power of DOUBT brought on by satan to try to convince me that i'm right?? where as then he wins another soul out of DECEPTION. Or two: It is GOD sending me a sign to say, stop what your doing, this is not for you, you are not CHOSEN?? if anyone could shine some light on this post, it would be appreciatedThank youMm

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
I think you are talking about pre-destination? There is a lot of confusion about this and people have made it into a doctourn when it wasn't meant to be. I think the only time "predestination" is spoken of is when Paul is talking about Gentiles? As in the gentiles as in all people (non Jews) were all pre-destined to be saved one day by the same God the Jews were saved by.

musicmad

Mar 26, 2008
My actual point was, if GOD has chosen (predestined) certain people for salvation before they're even born, (ephesians 1) is there still a chance for those who have not been predestined for salvation, to still gain salvation through faith in Jesus Christ?? Or is it just a case of you're either chosen or you're not?? If the answer is no, does that mean that for those who still do the will of GOD and want to be saved, there is no hope?? Tell me i'm wrong..Mm

Siskim

Jan 29, 2008
Musicmad......I've wrestled over this before...30 yr Christian....God spoke to my husband early on after we, before marriage, spent alot of "discusion" over religion...because I have been heavy Jesus girl and he at the time raised Catholic but had not experienced the deep walk with the Lord that I had...He was resistant to the spiritual kind of life and things I talked about...didn't seem to get it...I think because he wasn't close to God at the time + had not known a deep experience...so the reason of man meets the spirit of God...God spoke to him in the night at a time I needed a warning about something i was about to do that wasn't good...God gave him a warning to give me but began by saying...."She is mine"....Needless to say, he now knew that God was with me, and I do have calling from God...but to your question....As someone who is aware of definite Calling, I have considered the scripture...God makes all things work together for the good to them who love God and are "Called according to his purposes".......for example....Consider also that many are called but few are chosen....Brother, the free gift is to ALL....but some choose and some do not...the entire Gospel message clearly calls to all men not some...the free gift of life is to "whosoever will" ....God is not willing that nay should perish but that "all" should come....Put it out of your mind...satan is the accuser of the brethren...We may not fully comprehend everything, how some are fashioned....but there is no doubt that God knocks on every hearts door...has put his Law in every man's heart....and that the blood of Christ was for All....not some...If only some were chosen then this means man's will is not in play....this is Not true! Man's will has everything to do with it. Love and free will are one. Without free will there is not perfect love. If God chose only some then he also would ensure that these some follow and that would oppose free will......I can be called or chosen and still not answer and still deny....and that has been obvious! Don't surrender...satan is constantly after us...constantly! He whispers lies in our ears...he accuses us...this is not the still small voice you are hearing...resist and he will flee....Stand firm in the faith....you are ok. love siskim

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
(musicmad;45059)
My actual point was, if GOD has chosen (predestined) certain people for salvation before they're even born, (ephesians 1) is there still a chance for those who have not been predestined for salvation, to still gain salvation through faith in Jesus Christ?? Or is it just a case of you're either chosen or you're not?? If the answer is no, does that mean that for those who still do the will of GOD and want to be saved, there is no hope?? Tell me i'm wrong..Mm
I wan't everyone,to be with me. I created you with freewill,I want you to do right,I want you to be with me. I love you all so much.(Wow the Lord just spoke that to me,I wanted to say something,but he just spoke and told me to say I)Dukester now,I do not have all the answers you are looking for,but God created freewill so we could love him at our own desire,God gives us many gifts,salvation,free from satan,dine with him. He gives us these gifts because he loves us. Now we have the choice to love him back,God wants to use all of us. The thing is you have to choose to listen to God. Yes he knows who will fall,who will never believe in him,and would like to Stop it but he wants us to do it by ourselves.

musicmad

Mar 26, 2008
Hi siskin, thanks for your exstensive reply.Basically, i was a little unsure about the predestination thing, as i think you might agree is a little confusing. However if one is still to have faith and accept's jesus as the saviour and lord and to fulfil the will of GOD, this man can be saved, yes.again thank youMm

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Dukester;45077)
I wan't everyone,to be with me. I created you with freewill,I want you to do right,I want you to be with me. I love you all so much.(Wow the Lord just spoke that to me,I wanted to say something,but he just spoke and told me to say I)Dukester now,I do not have all the answers you are looking for,but God created freewill so we could love him at our own desire,God gives us many gifts,salvation,free from satan,dine with him. He gives us these gifts because he loves us. Now we have the choice to love him back,God wants to use all of us. The thing is you have to choose to listen to God. Yes he knows who will fall,who will never believe in him,and would like to Stop it but he wants us to do it by ourselves.
Dukester is right, God has given us free will. And with our free will some have chosen to accept God while others have not. God didn't pick who would be saved and who wouldn't, but he does already know every choice you will ever make. So he knows who will be saved before they are ever born but he does not pick them.Hope this helped to answer your question.

musicmad

Mar 26, 2008
followerofchrist, this makes things very clear, thank you so much!, also to everyone else who has replied to my post, thank you all..Musicmad

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(musicmad;45088)
followerofchrist, this makes things very clear, thank you so much!, also to everyone else who has replied to my post, thank you all..Musicmad
Glad to help

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(musicmad;45096)
followerofchrist... with respect to your last reply, i was wandering, if you could answer a few more questions?? (concerning God's will for man's destiny while on earth).For example, the families we will receive, the proffesions that we end up doing, the wealth of man or the poverty of man, again, are all these things influenced by God's will for man while on earth or are they all a matter of cause and effect due to man's own doing?? Any answers to these questions would be appreciated.Thank youMusicmad
Well I believe this one has a hint of both Gods choice and our choice in them. If you have ever read the book of Job in the OT you will find that God blessed all of Job's work and that he prospered beyond all other men, but you will also notice that God describes Job as blameless among men. A man of great faith! But in the book of Job, God allows satan to steal Job's wealth, kill his family, and ruin his health, all to test Job's faith as well as to prove to Satan that Job would remain true in his faith. This again points towards Gods Omnipotence and our free will. God knew Job would remain strong in his faith but he didn't make the choice for Job. So had Job broken down and cursed God's name, then Satan wouldn't of had to continue in his attempt to break Job. So God does bless some men with more earthly wealth than others but it all goes towards his overall plan, nonetheless we still have our free will, and some choose to focus all their time on gaining earthly wealth, and if you should so choose, no doubt you shall get it. But if man chooses this path than he has also chosen to be spiritually poor.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(kriss;45100)
excellent example and reply follower You make me proud:)
...that is the first time you have ever said that to me in the 5 months I have been here! Amazing haha! This is a very bittersweet day!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
latley it has just really occured to me how you grown in the word sorry I hadnt mentioned it earlier its not that it never occured to me. I have been watching.Ill try to remember to tell you more often when you impress me:)

zozephin

Apr 4, 2008
(musicmad;44973)
Hi, this post is aimed at the more experienced bible people, with the hope that i would receive a more knowledged answer, but of course without disregard, it is open to everybody, thank you.My question is, are we already CHOSEN, i mean pre chosen by GOD, has he already destined those who he wants to be holy, and those who he doesn't?? If this is true, then what hope is there for those who are destined Not to be holy, yet STILL try, is there fate eternal damnation??, But for those who are destined to be holy, have eternal life??. The reason i ask this question is because even though i regard myself to be a christian, there are times that i feel that maybe i wasn't destined to be a man of GOD, and that all my faith and suffering in Christ is FUTILE??. I'm thinking this could be for two reasons, one: its just the power of DOUBT brought on by satan to try to convince me that i'm right?? where as then he wins another soul out of DECEPTION. Or two: It is GOD sending me a sign to say, stop what your doing, this is not for you, you are not CHOSEN?? if anyone could shine some light on this post, it would be appreciatedThank youMm
My friend we all fight for our savior every day.Noboby has takes his place in heaven,cause only in the Day of Judgement God will decide which people stand near him and not.Take care

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(kriss;45122)
latley it has just really occured to me how you grown in the word sorry I hadnt mentioned it earlier its not that it never occured to me. I have been watching.Ill try to remember to tell you more often when you impress me:)
Well now I will make sure to work extra hard
smile.gif