Christ Centred

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nov 3, 2012
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
The world and this time-space universe was created not for us to be on centre stage but for Christ, Yeshua Hamashiach. He is the main protagonist of God's story and is simply the best. Word's to describe his greatness in a fitting manner always fail me because he is just too amazing for words too describe. But still we as his worshipers should strive to do this haha.

I want to share a passage of Scripture that after reading it helped to put Jesus back in the centre where He belongs :

21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. 22 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him. 24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. JOHN 5: 21-24
Although I had read it before many times before, this time when reading it it kind of hit me, The Father is making Jesus the centre of attention and by doing this God himself will receive more glory for Jesus gives all glory to his Father. Jesus gives life, Jesus saves and Jesus will Judge. Isn't he awesome? All praise to God.

Please Share any verses that have given you an impact and have helped you to put Jesus back at the centre of your christian life where He belongs
Grace and Peace
BrokentuningFork

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
Amo 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.

Nov 3, 2012
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
What a frightening day it will be indeed, mind sharing how this verse brought Christ back into the centre of your life?

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
brokentuningfork said:
What a frightening day it will be indeed, mind sharing how this verse brought Christ back into the centre of your life?
That verse humbled me, seeing Gods heart about judgment day. After reading that I realized that (You don't go around gloating about the day of the Lord)

Nov 3, 2012
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
I agree with you gloating about something is never good. What is the entire context of scripture for the day of the Lord?

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
brokentuningfork said:
I agree with you gloating about something is never good. What is the entire context of scripture for the day of the Lord?
Context or content.

Nov 3, 2012
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
biotheist said:
You probably don't get the right context that way, since there are many verses from different books and time periods.
I respect your opinion but I disagree because I see God as able to work his inspired word at many different times and in many different books to fullfill one event. Look at the birth of Christ and his life and works. When you read Matthew Mark and Luke the fulfilled prophecies they are mentioning are scattered and come from all different books of the OT and all different time periods. From just after the fall when God Promised a seed to deliver the children of eve, to words from davids songs to prophecies from Isaiah. God is able to do that.

And you do not have to agree with me brother, but I really did enjoy reading all those verses on the day of the Lord. Here's what I got from the read: Mostly your view that we should not be happy about the day because it is terryfying is right because of the deaths and the vengeance that GOd is going to take. This seems to be the "darkness and night" that Amos is referring to and anyone that is anxious to see that is not right in the head, But there are some verses in there that say we should rejoice on that day for we will be delivered, and there is great reward for those who believe after it is all done, stuff like that. So some kind of balance I guess.

Here's a an example that has positive and negative all knit up in one short verse :

Malachi 4:1-2
"For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace; and all the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff; and the day that is coming will set them ablaze," says the LORD of hosts, "so that it will leave them neither root nor branch." "But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
brokentuningfork said:
I respect your opinion but I disagree because I see God as able to work his inspired word at many different times and in many different books to fullfill one event. Look at the birth of Christ and his life and works. When you read Matthew Mark and Luke the fulfilled prophecies they are mentioning are scattered and come from all different books of the OT and all different time periods. From just after the fall when God Promised a seed to deliver the children of eve, to words from davids songs to prophecies from Isaiah. God is able to do that.

And you do not have to agree with me brother, but I really did enjoy reading all those verses on the day of the Lord. Here's what I got from the read: Mostly your view that we should not be happy about the day because it is terryfying is right because of the deaths and the vengeance that GOd is going to take. This seems to be the "darkness and night" that Amos is referring to and anyone that is anxious to see that is not right in the head, But there are some verses in there that say we should rejoice on that day for we will be delivered, and there is great reward for those who believe after it is all done, stuff like that. So some kind of balance I guess.

Here's a an example that has positive and negative all knit up in one short verse :

Malachi 4:1-2
"For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace; and all the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff; and the day that is coming will set them ablaze," says the LORD of hosts, "so that it will leave them neither root nor branch." "But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall.
I have to be very careful, as I interpret verses that interconnect. I know they do, but many don't.

Nov 3, 2012
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
Yes sometimes they don't and sometimes they do. God helps us understand some of his teaching, but we will never understand it all until we are with Him in heaven I guess :)