Christ only died for past sins...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Christ's sacrifice only count for past sins?

• Only past sins are forgiven. We must maintain our salvation by not sinning.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Christ's sacrifice was all sufficient for all of the believers sins.

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 5 - Instant

Still, the Bible makes it clear a person can have their name blotted out of God's Book of Life. God told Moses He would blot the name of transgressors out of His book, and in Revelations, we are told that overcomes will not have their name blotted out of His book.

VAGUE.
Gods BOOK OF LIFE...is SIMPLE.
IS a RECORD, of every Earthly men..FORMED (Bodily) by the Hand of God...BORN ALIVE, with the BREATH OF GOD (LIVING SOUL).
* THEIR NAME is ENTERED INTO Gods BOOK of LIFE.
(Body's LIFE (BLOOD) and Soul's LIFE (Gods Breath)....IS AN ALIVE, Living man).
* All Body's MUST DIE
* Souls MAY KEEP Gods LIFE IN IT, or not.*
* A SOUL (in a man) that DOES NOT KEEP Gods LIFE IN IT...IS a Living soul that loses it's life....and SHALL BE BLOTTED OUT OF;
GODS BOOK OF LIFE.
* HOW does a mans soul, LOSE IT'S LIFE?
* Nothing new; SAME AS ALWAYS....NOT BELIEVING IN GOD

NEW KNOWLEDGE:
THE LAMBS BOOK OF LIFE:
Rev 13:
[8] And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

The LAMBS BOOK OF LIFE...is a DIFFERENT BOOK. A mans NAME IS "NOT" Enterend into this BOOK, because he was "NATURALLY" born, (A body formed by God, naturally born and given Gods breath of Life.)

The LAMBS BOOK OF LIFE...IS A BOOK a mans NAME "IS" ENTERED INTO...
WHEN the man ...
HEARTFULLY CONFESSES, BELIEF "IN GOD and the ONE Gods SENT'.
THAT ^ IS A MAN, WHO BECOMES "BY the WORKS of GOD, BY and through the POWER OF GOD (WHO IS CHRIST) ..."CONVERTED"
ONCE and FOREVER...
BY becoming....BORN OF GOD...
BY Gods WORKS....OF GODS SEED (who IS JESUS CHRIST...(entering the man) ... and
RE-BIRTHING, the mans "Natural spirit of man from a mans Natural see"...to a "spiritual spirit of Gods SEED".... Called BORN AGAIN.

A man CAN be blotted out OF GODS BOOK of LIFE.
A man CAN NOT be blotted out the LAMBS BOOK OF LIFE.

BOOK(S) Rev 20:12

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 6 Instant

Matt 13:
[37] He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

Gal 3:
[16] Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

JESUS IS the ONE WHO SOWS a GOOD SEED.
(IF your recall; God Created AND Made, mankind, VERY GOOD.)
(IF you recall; Mankind IS Accounted GOOD, when he DOES Gods WILL.)
(IF you recall; Manking IS Accounted "NOT GOOD", when he DOES NOT GODS WILL.)

JESUS "SOWING" Gods GOOD SEED, in a man, IS PRECISELY, that man BEING "SOWN" with THE SEED OF GOD....and the SEED of GOD, being 'SOWN" in the man...IS GODS SEED, WHO IS CALLED "CHRIST"..
Christ IS the seed of God.
Christ IS the wisdom of God.
Christ IS the power of God.
(Gal 3:16....1 Cor 1:24)

It is Precisely the SEED of God being sown IN A man, that BIRTHS a mans Reborn "spirit".

PROMISE TO...IF A MAN BELIEVES, IN GOD, IN the ONE Gods SENT..

GIVE a man a SPIRIT IN the man, that man DID NOT HAVE before.....which IS Gods SPIRIT WITHIN THE MAN.

THAT new Spirit WITHIN the man...
IS THE SEED OF GOD, WHICH...RE-BIRTHS the mans spirit, FROM GODS SEED.

MAKE the mans spirit A NEW spirit.
GIVE the man, Gods Spirit Put within the man.

EZEK 18:
[31] Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Ezek.36
[26] A new heart also will I give you , and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 7 Instant

The Prodigal Son, was initially a Son of God, but while in the hog pen was lost and dead, and when he returned, he became found and "alive again."

Old news, OLD Covenant, does not APPLY to a NEW OFFERING, A NEW TESTAMENT, A NEW COVENANT.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 8 Instant

That is what it says, so you can get saved and lost again, and saved again.

Utterly False. The Prodigal son, was NOT SAVED, THEN LOST, THEN SAVED.

The Prodigal son, was LOST, wandering about, "Believing" whatever, this and that as was convenient for him.
His "RETURN" was "NOT returning to "SALVATION". His "RETURN" WAS returning to "BELIEF" IN GOD.

OT MEN were NOT Offered or Given SALVATION, "while ALIVE IN THEIR FLESH".
OT MEN were OFFERED the "PROMISE" of Salvation...IF they "REMAINED" IN faithful Belief, "IN GOD" to their physical "DYING DAY"...
ANY man of the Tribe of Israel, who CHOOSES to "remain UNDER Mosaic Law"... Has the SAME "PROMISE".... "ENDURE to their END of Physical Life, Believing IN GOD...AND their PROMISE of SALVATION "SHALL BE Fulfilled". [/B]

A man CONVERTED IN CHRIST...HAS received his Salvation.....and KEEPS his Salvation FOREVER...BY THE INDWELLING POWER OF GOD.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 9

Even in saying this, God is all knowing, so He knows who will die saved and who will die lost. Those who will be saved at the end of their pilgrimage are God's elect.

Yes, God is all knowing.
Yes, God has revealed HIS Knowledge to men.
First to mankind, then to the Hebrews, then to the Tribes, then to the Jews, then to the Gentiles.
ANY INDIVIDUAL man CAN KNOW, (Because Scripture Expressly Reveals).... WHO, WHEN, WHY, HOW....An Individual man CAN BECOME SAVED (unto God), ONCE and Forever.

It is the INDIVIDUAL himself, and God Himself, WHO KNOWS exactly what IS the True Belief IN a mans spirit.
(A mans natural sprit, IS the mans Natural Truth, IN HIS HEART. A mans Natural spirit (hearts thoughts) can and often DOES "conflict" with a mans MINDS Thoughts.
The man himself, KNOWS, WHEN the thoughts of his natural spirits thoughts CONFLICT with his natural minds thoughts.)
And .... So also does God know.

1 Cor 2:
[11] For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

The RE-BIRTH of a mans "natural spirit"...
IS BY GODS SEED, MAKING that mans "natural spirit"... BORN OF GOD.

It is further taught...a man BORN OF GOD, DOES NOT, CAN NOT....continue to SIN.
Continuance OF SIN...is the SAME as always.... DISBELIEF IN GOD.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 10 Instant

OT men...WHO did not Believe IN GOD...SINNED against God.

NT men....and forward, Hebrews, Tribesmen, Jews & Gentiles....WHO DO NOT Believe IN GOD...SIN Against God.

NT men...and forward, Hebrews, Tribesmen, Jews, WHO were Given Mosaic Law...AND Continue believing IN God and continue FOLLOWING the Law....receive their Salvation at the END of their Physical Life...and MUST endure to their END, of Maintaining their Belief IN GOD. (By their own endurance...since the POWER of GOD IS NOT "IN" them.)

NT men...and forward, Hebrews, Tribesmen, Jews WHO HAVE ACCEPTED Christ Jesus AS THEIR SAVIOR....Believe BOTH IN Gods and the One God SENT....and BECOME MADE "BORN AGAIN", by and through the POWER of God, RECEIVE THEIR SALVATION BEFORE Physical Death.
(The POWER OF God IS IN them.)

NT Gentile men...and forward...WHO have heard, learned, AND CONFESS "heartful" Belief IN GOD and the ONE He SENT...BY the Power of God, BECOME MADE Converted "IN CHRIST".... SOUL SAVED and 'spirit born again of the seed of God"....
NEVER AGAIN can such a man...
NOT Believe IN God....NOT Believe IN the One God SENT....
WHICH Precisely means....NEVER AGAIN can that man SIN...
BECAUSE forever the Power of God remains IN THEM.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 11 Instant

I am a Gentile....
NEVER was my SIN ... for NOT obeying Mosaic Law.
That Law was never Given to me.
I Never Agree to Obey that Law.
That Law was given to Hebrews, Tribesmen, Jews.
That Law was Agreed by Hebrews, Tribesmen, Jews....THAT THEY WOULD OBEY that Law.
(Ex 19:
[8] And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

And WHEN THEY DIDN'T....The "curse" (penal laws)....were then USED (by the Priest), to determine their "correction and punishment".

EVERY Mosaic law, that WAS VIOLATED, was called A SIN.
Man against God, man against man, man against animals....Were ALL called SINS.
Men sinning against God, man sinning against man, man sinning against animals....
AND? Routinely men asking God for forgiveness of their sins against God...AND men routinely forgiving men of sin

What has ^^^THAT^^^ to do with me?
NOTHING.
I am not, was not ever under Mosaic Law.
MY SIN, has NEVER been AGAINST men.
MY SIN, WAS Exclusively FOR NOT Believing IN GOD and the One He Sent.
I was Naturally born, (without my consent, will, idea).
I was Naturally born....AGAINST GOD, whom, I had never heard of, had no idea or consideration of WHAT a "god" was, let alone Believe in "any god".
As I grew, out of infancy, I heard, I followed, I learned, I trusted to believe IN GOD, without seeing, without understanding. I continued to hear, and BECAUSE I HEARD, God was GIFTING ME with measures of FAITH. I continued Hearing, and every time I Heard, Gods Spirit...WAS WITH ME...and His Gift of Faith was Increased.
** I heard, I learned..."GODS WILL"...TO BELIEVE IN HIM and the One He SENT.
I continued hearing, learning FROM the Word of GOD, and those (Apostles) of WHOM the WORD of God Himself SENT "FOR" me TO:
LEARN ABOUT GOD and ABOUT the ONE God SENT.
** I REPENTED of MY SIN....of
Natural birth, BEING AGAINST GOD.
** I REPENTED of MY SIN...of
My SOUL, BEING IN MY Natural body, corrupted by the thoughts and acts of MY natural mind and natural spirit.
** I CONFESSED Heartful (my natural spirit), Believe IN God and the One God sent.
** AND According to Gods PROMISE...
He FORGAVE me.
He Accepted my whole life that I freely chose to Give unto Him. (Body, soul, spirit).
He Accepted by body, crucified with Chirst.
He Restored my soul (Pss 3:23) to GOOD.
He MADE ME me a NEW (pure) heart.
He PUT His SEED in my NEW Heart.
His SEED birthed (quickened) me a NEW spirit.
He PUT His SPIRIT within me.
Gods SPIRIT IS LIGHT.
Gods LIGHT Overcomes DARKENESS.
Gods LIGHT COVERS ALL SIN in my body...
....that God no longer SEE my SIN.
....that God no longer REMEMBERS my SIN.
He gave me HIS Risen Body (of Jesus), to reside in, While I remain ON this Earth.
His SEED, the Power of God (Christ), remains "WITH and IN" me.
His SEED, has MADE ME, "BORN OF GOD'.
His POWER, "WITH and IN", me...FOREVER Keeps ME, SANCTIFIED, ie SET APART Exclussively and Forever...
unto the Lord God Almighty.
NO MAN, "born of God"...CAN SIN.
NEVER AGAIN, can a man "BORN OF GOD"...
Not Believe IN God and the One who sent Him.

1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God

THAT ^ mans SIN WAS against God, IS forgiven By God, and IS KEPT forgiven BY the indwelling POWER of God, that NEVER AGAIN can that man SIN against God.

THAT man is called:
Crucified with Chirst.
Freed from SIN.
Rom 6
[7] For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 12 Instant -

Reciting me scriptures of Jesus the Jew, speaking to Jewish men, about Forgiving a brother (ie a Jew) of SIN...
Jesus was speaking to a Jew UNDER Jewish LAW.
IN CONTEXT...what has ^ to do with a man WHO IS NOT A JEW, who is NOT Under Jewish Law? Nothing.
Jewish men were Learning about Jesus...NONE of the Jews Became "CONVERTED", until AFTER Jesus left Earth.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 13 Instant - DPMartin

DPMartin errored, making a false implication, "saying I have no sin". (Which I said no such thing).
I HAVE FORGIVEN SIN.
MY SIN IS COVERED By Gods Spirit which DWELLS IN ME.
MY SIN IS remembered NO MORE, By God.

It is man WHO LIKES to DICTATE...ACCUSE men of committing SIN Against them...

NOT ONCE was I (a Gentile) ever taught TO BELIEVE IN another human man.
NOT ONCE was I (a Gentile) ever taught that MY (a Gentile) SIN was Against another human man.
NOT ONCE was I (a Gentile) ever taught that MEN can FORGIVE SIN.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 14 (last page)

The Majority of "Christian" Gentiles, preach some hokey oxymoron gospel....(which I accredit to Catholics, who accredit to themselves being the longest standing Christian teachers)...that they are "NOT under the Law"....**** But yet they Continue to SIN, "according to the Law".
And they ATTEMPT to JUSTIFY their hokey oxymoron gospel....BY QUOTING Scripture that APPLIED to A JEW...not a Gentile!

A man....ANY man...Converted, IS Converted by and through Christ, and called "IN Christ", because it IS Christs RISEN BODY they reside "IN".
THEY are NOT "under, subject to" to the 600+ Laws of Moses.
THEY ARE SUBJECT TO:
TWO LAWS...express COMMAND STATUTES.

Matt 22:
[35] Then one of them, ( A PHARISEE ) which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the FIRST and great commandment.
[39] And the SECOND is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[40] On THESE TWO commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

** AND the THIRD LAW, fourth, fifth, to 600 + of Moses' related Commandments, Statutes....
FOR A CONVERTED MAN "IN CHRIST'?
MOOT. Non-existent.

I HAVE NO consideration of Mosaic LAW... except for PRECEPTS within Mosaic LAW
Which is a whole different Subject...
Gods WILL, is Expressly for a man TO BELIEVE IN GOD and the ONE God SENT.
SALVATION is OFFERED TO men...
WHO DO BELIEVE IN GOD and the ONE God SENT.

Precepts are BEHAVIORS AMONG MEN...
Which are neither Commission of SIN or Absence of SIN....."for a man NOT UNDER THE LAW...(which I am NOT UNDER Mosaic LAW)".

I am Converted by, through and IN Christ.
ONLY TWO LAWS apply to me.
Precepts are Gods guidelines FOR MY BENEFIT, FOR the Best outcome, for Behaviors AMONG men....(since me having an already ESTABLISH relationship with and in the Lord God....does not ESTABLISH my relationship with and among other men)....
Relationships Between and Among men ARE ESTABLISHED Between and Among men.

Converted men IN Christ, DO NOT SIN Against men, and NO man SINS Against a man Converted in Christ.
* MEN Converted IN Christ...DO NOT forgive men "OF SIN." <--- A TAUGHT LIE.

ALL Scripture IS TRUE.
NOT ALL Scripture APPLIES TO Every man.

Glory to God,
Taken

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 6:7-12 KJV
Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? [8] Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
I have to revisit these verses I quoted. I didn't see this before because I was focused on just what I put in bold, but let me now focus on what I didn't put in bold the first time:

1 Corinthians 6:7 KJV
Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

I want to go back to what Instant said:
He never said we must forgive them if they never repent, and that is the issue here.
LOOK at what Paul was saying here: they were taking each other to court. Paul is wondering why they just didn't take the offensive behavior on the chin and let it go. In other words, just forgive them when they do wrong even if they don't ask.

You brother did you wrong? Ok, just suffer (allow) it without retaliation!

Paul did give an alternative before this verse which was to let the least esteemed brother judge (although I suspect he meant it was better to let the least esteemed BROTHER to judge rather than a non believing esteemed lawyer/judge).
So no... We don't have to wait for someone to ask for forgiveness for every sin.... And neither does God! In this case, you forgive them solely based on the notion they are a believing brother, without them having to ask for forgiveness every time they mess up.

God is probably thinking the same thing as Paul.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should ultimately come down to this or you never really understood Christianity—- “ Love God and live as you please....”
That sounds like an understanding only the flesh could love . How is this instead . LOVE GOD AND LIVE FOR HIM . DOING the things
pleasing in His sight . Making HIM the entire focus .

Reactions: Instant

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also want to repeat what I said earlier. I gave scripture that proves that a person in a lifestyle of sin shall not inherit the Kingdom of God, and it makes no exception for someone who got saved at some point in their life.
Yes, repeat, repeat, and repeat. How about repeating What God Teaches For
HIS Body, The church of GRACE (UNmerited Favor), Today:

Precious friends, bears repeating = we must NEVER Deny, Deplore, Discredit,
Nor DIMINISH
CHRIST's FINISHED Cross Work! Ever!! Amen?

We, God's ETERNAL Life {osas} believers, BELIEVE, And
teach {works that SAVE us?} repeating the EMPHASIS above, and
Also BELIEVE Plain And Clear Scripture, What God DID For us!:

Eph 2:10 "For we Are His Workmanship, Created in CHRIST JESUS Unto good
works, which God Hath Before Ordained That we SHOULD walk in them."

Does it matter "how a righteous believer lives"? Of course! We Also teach This:

Gal_6:7 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man
soweth, that shall he also reap."

However, Neither do we "textually Criticize" God's HOLY Word, By
Changing IT! ie: "you MUST WALK IN GOOD WORKS, OR ELSE be
ETERNALLY CONDEMNED!" This is PURELY "man-Made doctrine" - ie:

Repeatedly we have been WARNED over And Over AGAIN 1 Co 6:9:
"list of sins, those who DO THESE CANNOT inherit the kingdom"

BUT, why is it when we receive this repeated warning, there is deceitfulness,
LEAVING OUT The First part, before the WORDS: "Be not DECEIVED"?:

"Know ye not that the UNrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?"

Thus, it is NOT man's statement: ANY/ALL "person(S) in a lifestyle of sin,"
But God's Truth about "the UNrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God"
Correct? TWO verses later, these men Also Conveniently Ignore:

1Co 6:11 And such WERE some of you: but ye Are Washed, but ye Are Sanctified,
but ye are Justified in The Name of The LORD JESUS, And BY The Spirit Of our God."
THE righteous,
Correct? Ok, NOT Convinced YET? God Does Have MORE:

Another Precious friend stated:

"Isolating salvation without the things that accompany it is according
to a DEAD faith without works accompanying." Biblical response?:

For The Body Of CHRIST, Today, Under God's PURE {UNmerited Favor} GRACE!:

Salvation is 100 Percent Free, But Eternal Rewards
{incorruptible crown/reigning With HIM!} are 100 percent Earned!

man: "we are saved and justified with the works of faith by grace." = NO!
God Says:

(1) Titus_3:5-7
NOT By works of righteousness which we have done, But According
To HIS MERCY HE Saved
us, By the Washing of Regeneration, and
Renewing of The Holy Ghost; Which HE Shed On us Abundantly
Through JESUS CHRIST
our Saviour; That being JUSTIFIED BY HIS GRACE,
we should be made heirs According to the hope of eternal life. {cp Romans 11:6}

man: "Isolating salvation without the things that accompany it is
according to a dead faith without works accompanying."

God Says To carnal SAINTS:

(2) 1Co 5:1-5
"It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and
such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles,
that one should have his father's wife. And ye are puffed up, and
have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might
be taken away from among you.

For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already,
as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
In The Name of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, when ye are gathered together,
and my spirit, with The Power of our LORD JESUS CHRIST,

To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh,..."
{"reaping what was sown," Correct?}

man DECLARES: "eternally damned with no expectation of hope"? = NO,
read ALL Of It, repeat, read ALL Of It!:

"...that the spirit may be SAVED in The Day Of The LORD JESUS!"

And, Also COMPARE It (1 Corinthians 2:13) To The {JUDGMENT} Day!:

1Co 3:14-15
"If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall
receive
{ETERNAL Life? or} a reward..."

"...If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss:..."
{ETERNAL CONDEMNATION? or, As GOD SAYS}:

"...but he himself Shall Be SAVED; yet so as by fire."

+

Also, Compare {Bible "study" rule #5} ALL Scripture On God's
{NO Mistake} Doctrine!:

God's OPERATION On All HIS New-born babes In CHRIST!
God's Eternal Assurance

------------------------------
Conclusion:

Thus the man-made phrase "it makes no exception for someone
who got saved at some point in their life." = FAILS:

For The Body Of CHRIST, Today, Under God's PURE GRACE!:

Salvation is 100 Percent Free, But Eternal Rewards
{incorruptible crown/reigning With HIM!} are 100 percent Earned!

ie:

ETERNAL Security is based on the promise of God, and His Faithfulness. NOT on the worthiness or faithfulness/UNfaithfulness of the believer no matter which view you hold

Again we repeat, EXCELLENT! Because of The Precious BLOOD Of CHRIST!

All Praise And Glory BELONG To HIM Alone!!!

-------------------------

Please Be Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, and Edified!
God's THREE Tenses Of HIS ETERNAL Salvation: God's Simple Will!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds like an understanding only the flesh could love . How is this instead . LOVE GOD AND LIVE FOR HIM . DOING the things
pleasing in His sight . Making HIM the entire focus .

You miss the point ......If you “ Love God” you will “ DO” the the things that are pleasing in His sight.....you “ WILL” love for Him.....it will be automatic.....

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You miss the point ......If you “ Love God” you will “ DO” the the things that are pleasing in His sight.....you “ WILL” love for Him.....it will be automatic.....
Here is a good saying . LOVE GOD and LIVE According to the SPIRIT. Doing the things pleasing in His sight .
Let all that has breath praise the glorious Lord .

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7:15-17 KJV
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. [16] If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. [17] Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Paul goes on like this for another 8 verses... He was a pretty good Christian, by the way.

I know its kind of confusing, but here is what he was saying: he knew that there were certain things he shouldn't do and he did them anyway. There were things he knew he should do, but didn't do them. He even hated some things that he did, and did them anyway, and he was speaking about sin and the law.

So its clear he wasn't in ignorance when he did them. Furthermore, he was speaking in present tense, so it wasn't past sins he was talking about. And in the end, he wonders who will save him from this and thanks Jesus. Never did he speak of repenting of them (as some typically think repenting means) or abstaining from them.

Yes, in THAT verse(s), that is true. But not so in Matthew 6:12, 14-15. Part of this is "the Lord's" prayer (as some call it). In that we do ask for forgiveness (of debts), but it says nothing of forgiving others only if they ask. We are just told to forgive them.

I mean, seriously... How cold of a heart do you have to not forgive someone unless they ask? My goodness! How many marriages would fail if we only forgave our spouses if they asked? I think God is probably more forgiving than we are. God's ways are higher than man's; not lower!

I am all for repenting in that it needs to be done. But done the right way, just once.

By the way, if you want to talk about wilful sins, be careful on what verse you use! I know where most people go and it never works for them.

Let me guess...1 Corinthians 6:9-10. Am I right? I have already shown those verses don't say that when you read in proper context. I did so in this thread, but no one really wanted to discuss or debate it, so why try again to show it?

WELL, BECAUSE ITS SO MUCH FUN AND SO LIBERATING AND ITS THE TRUTH, THATS WHY!!!

1 Corinthians 6:7-12 KJV
Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? [8] Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

There is the real problem Paul was upset at! Defrauding [not everyone] the brethren: those of like precious faith. It has very little to do with the list we are about to read.

[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Ok. Amen. I agree. But let us read on...

[11] And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Yes, without grace those things will keep you out, but with grace you ARE washed (not "were" washed), you ARE sanctified (not "were" sanctified) and ARE... well, you know the rest. These are present tense... It never says they stopped being these things.

[12] All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

That's a powerful verse right there! He said all things ARE lawful. Since he gave a laundry list two or three verses before, I strongly think he was talking about those things... Begrudgingly, perhaps, but he was.

Yes, I see what he wrote after that in the verse and in the rest of the chapter, and I agree with him.

These things are covered by grace, but that doesn't mean we should do them ever, and especially to the brethren. But to try to use these verses to say grace won't cover all sins is wrong. Paul actually said just the opposite.

For a long time, I found Romans confusing. It is confusing for a lot of people. Then one day, after having sought to get the correct interpretation for years, I finally came to understand it. The correct interpretation was just imparted to me as I was listening to it on cd. Paul was not living in sin for the first 7 chapters of Romans in the since he was born again but could not live right. That is the interpretation people put on it, and some call it the Christian struggle, but they are wrong. In addition, chapter 8:1 is not a point where Paul was sanctified and could suddenly live above sin as Wesleyans teach. The first part of Romans is where Paul speaks of his life under the Law of Moses before he came to Christ. He wanted to follow God with all his heart, but could not. He did not have the power to follow the law in perfection. He is speaking of the struggle a person had under the law before grace came along. If you do not get that part right, you will never understand what Paul is saying in Romans. He is not saying that a Christian is powerless to live right. To the contrary. He is saying that God gives us the power to overcome. You see that in chapter 8.

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh. That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

All that time, he spoke of how it was under the law. He did not have the power to live right, but he wanted to. The law was weak through the flesh, but not so through Jesus. Also notice that he said that the law is fulfilled in us, "who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." This goes hand in hand with Galatians

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law."

Again, a comparison of life under the law, and life under the New Covenant, after the new birth. When you were trying to do it yourself, you were like Paul before Romans chapter 8, but now, you are like Paul after Romans chapter 8. Now you are Spirit-led, and IF YE BE LED OF THE SPIRIT, ye are not under the law. Those not led by the Spirit are still under the school master of the law. There is a constant struggle going on, and a lot of frustration. Paul goes on to describe both conditions. Those under the law battle with the works of the flesh.

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

People living in a lifestyle of sin will not go to heaven, period. Makes no difference if they claim to be saved. In this instance, Paul lists a bunch of examples of the lifestyle of those who are hell bound. They are following the flesh. Next, he gives us examples of the Spirit-filled believer that is on their way to heaven.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."

Notice what Paul says here. "They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." He does not say some have done this, but everyone that belongs to Christ has done this. Once again, salvation is not "faith plus nothing," as some claim. Yes, it takes God's grace to get saved, and faith in Jesus Christ, but those who have not crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts, and who follow after the flesh will not inherit the Kingdom of God, no exceptions.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<<<….the Bible makes it clear that any that continue in a sinful lifestyle shall not inherit the Kingdom of God. This is stated more than once. That is absolute proof that salvation is conditional. >>>

Not that such is absolute proof that salvation is conditional in that sense. Rather, that may well be evidence to show the heart of one who profess and claims to be a child of God, as perhaps not truly converted and not truly a legitimate child of God.

When God, according to the counsel of His will, saves a person from going to hell, would God not accomplish it and fail?

Can God give mercy to whom He wills to give mercy? Can God give grace to whom He wills to give grace?

Would God force a person of anything or to doing anything against the person’s will in the course of His saving him? Nope.

Salvation is not conditional on man’s deeds or works. Nor salvation depends on and is of man. Scriptures is clear, that salvation is of God and by God. That salvation is by grace, and that through faith.

Thanks be to God (in no way and not in any sense, thanks be to me nor to anyone else), that I have come to have faith in God, the Father, and in Him whom He sent, Jesus Christ, the Son, and in the Holy Spirit, whom He sent and gave to dwell in me and be my Helper/Comforter.

Glory be to God! Thanks be to God!

Tong
R3931

It really does not make a lot of difference. The Bible makes it clear that anyone living after the flesh is not going to heaven. Paul gives examples of what living after the flesh is like. He gives a laundry list of sins, and says those who commit these sins will not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. If you want to say these people were never saved, fine. The main point I am making is that if someone is a fornicator or a thief, to give a couple of examples, they are not going to heaven unless they repent, even if they claim to have been saved. Paul says that multiple times. Theological arguments over losing salvation is just a smoke screen in a way to distract from the real issue over a changed life verses someone who still lives like the devil. Is there any evidence a person has been saved? If not, they need to go back to the altar and come to a place of genuine repentance.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know that things like Paul mentions in Galatians chapter 5:19-21 are not pleasing to God, and are not "loving for Him." Can we agree with Paul and the Bible that if a person is guilty of adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like, they do not love God and are going to hell, even if they claim to be saved? Paul says "they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God," in Galatians 5:21. Can we come in agreement with Paul? Can we agree that if a person were claiming to be saved, and went around committing rape and murder, they will not go to heaven unless they repent?

Reactions: amigo de christo