Christ only died for past sins...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Christ's sacrifice only count for past sins?

• Only past sins are forgiven. We must maintain our salvation by not sinning.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Christ's sacrifice was all sufficient for all of the believers sins.

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True.
If Jesus died to forgive past sin…heaven will be a very lonely place. Everyone sins after accepting Christ the Savior. Otherwise make the Bible quite simple …” To be safe, do not accept Jesus until the moment you know you going to die. Therefore you commit no sins after professing Christ your savior.”
The blood sacrifice will wash away sins past and sins done by mistake, and it will also wash away sins when they are confessed. It does not automatically wash away all sins future. Your argument is not Bible based. Jesus said that straight is the gate and narrow is the way that leadeth to life, "and few there be that find it." In that sense, you may have a point about a lonely place. The majority will not get to heaven. The Bible makes it clear that those who live in sin shall not inherit the Kingdom of God. It says this in several places. Again, look to 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. If a person gets saved, and then goes back and lives that way, they shall not inherit the Kingdom of God. I did not say that. The Bible says that. To accept that when we get saved, all sins past, present and future are automatically under the blood, we have to deny all those scriptures that say sinful behavior will keep us out of heaven.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible literally says that if anyone speaks a word against the Holy Ghost, they will never be forgiven. That can be any word, not just unbelief. I have only met one person that did this, but I do not believe she can ever be forgiven. She literally called the Holy Spirit evil, and wanted to know if she committed the unpardonable sin. According to scripture, she did. I wish I could have helped her, but I could not.

In addition to that, the Bible states in several places that anyone who lives a lifestyle of sin will not inherit the Kingdom of God. The type of sins listed include fornication, a sin many professing Christians commit on a regular basis. It is not necessary for me to prove whether one can lose salvation when the Bible tells us willful sinners shall not inherit the Kingdom of God. It gives no exceptions for those who got saved.
Remember, They spoke a wrd against the spirit. By attributing the work of the spirit to beelzebub. And jesus told them they were in danger f that sin. They literally commited that sin, Yet jesus did not condemn them He warned them

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess if you don't know the definition of a sinner, you have a problem.

* SINNER -
a natural born earthly person.

* SINNER -
a person who does not Believe in God.

* SINNER -
A person who does not Believe in Christ Jesus

*FORGIVEN SINNER -
A natural born earthly person...
WHO is Converted IN Christ.
WHO Can Sin NO MORE.

If you do not know the differences, maybe you are one of those people who claim to be Converted, AND continues to commit SIN...
I'm not a mind reader...nor a troll.
No need to be scared to say what you believe.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
* SINNER -
a natural born earthly person.

* SINNER -
a person who does not Believe in God.

* SINNER -
A person who does not Believe in Christ Jesus

*FORGIVEN SINNER -
A natural born earthly person...
WHO is Converted IN Christ.
WHO Can Sin NO MORE.

If you do not know the differences, maybe you are one of those people who claim to be Converted, AND continues to commit SIN...
I'm not a mind reader...nor a troll.
No need to be scared to say what you believe.
Here is a definition of a sinner from scripture.

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law; for sin is the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember, They spoke a wrd against the spirit. By attributing the work of the spirit to beelzebub. And jesus told them they were in danger f that sin. They literally commited that sin, Yet jesus did not condemn them He warned them

According to Matthew 12:31-32, "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

This was indeed a warning, but Jesus said this to the multitudes that were witnessing what was taking place. The warning was to the multitudes not to cross this line. There is also the issue of the religious crowd not considering that attributing what Jesus was doing to the devil was attacking the Holy Spirit. They did not believe Jesus was of God. Any that did, and knew what they were doing definitely did cross that line and would never have forgiveness.

The bigger problem those who promote unconditional security have is the fact the Bible makes it clear that any that continue in a sinful lifestyle shall not inherit the Kingdom of God. This is stated more than once. That is absolute proof that salvation is conditional.

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10.

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." Galatians 5:19-21

"But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them." Ephesians 5:3-7

Look at all of these sins that are mentioned by the Apostle Paul that will keep a person who does them from inheriting the Kingdom of God! In addition, there is "and such like," meaning sinful behavior in general. When a person accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, past sins are under the blood, as well as things done without knowledge it was sin or without meaning to. If you continue to live in sin because you believe you are eternally secure in your salvation, you will not make it to heaven. That is what the Bible says. You can be forgiven if you repent, with the exception of speaking against the Holy Spirit, but forgivness is not automatic. There are many people who think they are saved who are not.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I've been encountering this position a lot lately, that Christ's once-for-all sacrifice at Calvary only covers the past sins of Christians. Such a position is held by a number of believers in Christ who seem to think that Christ's eternal sacrifice is in some way, shape or form, insufficient to cover the sins of a person throughout the duration of their lifetime, and fails to regenerate them for the life to come should they accidentally sin. I will now delve into why I think this argument fails to hold water and also why I believe it is borderline heresy in that it removes the focus of salvation off of Christ and places it upon the good, law abiding behavior of the person.

"The root of every heresy in history is adding something of our own to the work of Christ."
~ Charles Spurgeon

It is an axiomic assertion that every single human being on earth has, at one time or another, committed sin against God, whether intentionally or unintentionally. That's just a fact of life that the bible testifies for in Romans 3:22-24 (all have sinned an fallen short of the glory of God). Excluding Jesus Christ, of course, which is why His sacrifice for sin was acceptable to God. And so it follows that if Jesus' sacrifice on the cross does not get rid of our future sins, then I fail to see how anyone can be saved, because everyone falls short in their own way.

It is usually at this time that 1 John 3:6 is presented, which states: "No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him."

And that's a fair rebuttal. But I believe it is talking about those who headstrongly persist in sin without feeling any remorse whatsoever. It is not talking about the sins we commit unintentionally, in the flair up of our thoughts and desires, of omission and under duress. If anyone thinks they are walking flawlessly before God, in that God is so pleased with him or her that He couldn't offer any word of improvement to that person... I'd conclude that that person is deluded by a self-righteous spirit. There is always room to improve on holiness in this life. Always.

James 2:10-11
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

Now, in order to be saved by The Law, one is required to follow the law perfectly. Sinning before becoming a Christian therefore disqualifies any person from being sinless in God's sight. It's over before it begins. Not to mention that our savior took this one step further and told us that being angry with a brother or hating on a sister is the same as being a murderer in God's sight. With a glance we may commit adultery. With a single covetous thought we may steal. So can anyone reading this right now honestly and in good conscience tell me that they only have thoughts that are perfect and flawless before God? Forgive me for doubting you, but it seems unlikely. After all, if we could be so perfect before God, then why did Jesus even need to come at all?

Now, I take umbrage at the term "hyper-grace" (or worse) "greasy grace," that some people use when they talk about what Christ accomplished. It's borderline blasphemy as far as I'm concerned. It is irreverent. As if the grace of God presented in Jesus Christ's sacrifice was not the ultimate expression of love to His people and the world. As if Christ's infinitely majestic sacrifice was incapable of being regarded as the ultimate act of mercy throughout history that ever has and ever will occur. The crowning work of eternity. Yes it really is that good. It is beyond our ability to capture just how good it is. Please don't use these terms.

Galatians 3:10-12
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.” 11 Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.” 12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, “The person who does these things will live by them.”

Let's say we have someone who doesn't think that Jesus could possibly take away all her sins and that she must maintain her status pre-glorification. Let's say she takes a walk to work, meets an individual at the bus loop, and fails to tell them about Jesus when she feels the promptings of the Holy Spirit.

She has now committed a sin of omission. Her slate is tarnished. She is immediately struck and killed by the bus. She believes in Jesus Christ as her Lord and savior, but she failed to confess and repent of the sin of omission she just committed at the bus stop. My question to those who think that Jesus only saves from past sins is this: "is she saved?" Because this position is pretty much legalism defined. I coin the phrase "revolving door salvationism"

Thank you for reading and may God bless you today. Hebrews 10:12-14
That is absolutely ridiculous for anyone to teach that Christ died for past sins only....because anyone born after He died are just plain out of luck....too bad...He only died for past sins....
No.....He became a sacrifice so that the whole world might be saved and whoever calls upon Him and confesses their sins will be forgiven.
Jesus told the disciples that a man is to forgive his brother not just 7 times.....but 70 times 7.
Would He ask more of us than what He is willing to do Himself? He came in the flesh to be an example to us....
Confess your sins daily and repent and He will forgive them daily.
His mercy and grace is new everyday.
God Bless

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.
Which law?
;)
Obviously it is speaking of God's law, the Law of Moses. The Law of Moses is one law, but it had some parts that were eternal truths based on God's standard of holiness, and there were some parts that were temporal. You had some laws that were only to the Jews to show them separate from the gentile nations that were all idol worshippers. Once God cleansed that which had been common and unclean, and the Gentiles were brought into the faith, they no longer applied. You had temporal laws to bring us to Calvary that involved the Levitical Priesthood. Animals were sacrificed till Jesus died once and for all for all the sins of the world. Today, sin would be transgressing laws that violate God's standard of holiness, but we are speaking of "The Law of Moses."

Look at it like this. Congress passes a bill, and in this bill, there are portions that are only temporary till the entire bill goes into effect. You only have one bill, but portions are not in force forever, but act as a bridge to get us to the time where everything is in full effect.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is absolutely ridiculous for anyone to teach that Christ died for past sins only....because anyone born after He died are just plain out of luck....too bad...He only died for past sins....
No.....He became a sacrifice so that the whole world might be saved and whoever calls upon Him and confesses their sins will be forgiven.
Jesus told the disciples that a man is to forgive his brother not just 7 times.....but 70 times 7.
Would He ask more of us than what He is willing to do Himself? He came in the flesh to be an example to us....
Confess your sins daily and repent and He will forgive them daily.
His mercy and grace is new everyday.
God Bless
We are saying that the sacrifice only covers past sins and those done in ignorance. Much of his argument is that we are claiming a person could accidentally come short of God's glory and wind up in hell after they are saved. Nobody is saying that, so you need to throw that argument out the window. We are talking about willful sins done after salvation that are not automatically under the blood.

When Jesus said that about forgiving 70 times 7, he said that if someone asked for forgiveness 70 times 7, we were to forgive them. It was not automatic. He never said we must forgive them if they never repent, and that is the issue here. 1 John tells us that if we confess our sins, then he is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us of all unrighteousness. I agree with you that we should confess our sins everyday, and hopefully, we are not going around committing intentional sins in the first place. Still, the blood is sufficient if we repent.

I also want to repeat what I said earlier. I gave scripture that proves that a person in a lifestyle of sin shall not inherit the Kingdom of God, and it makes no exception for someone who got saved at some point in their life.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think a man CONVERTED IN Chirst, is a born of God man?
That is interesting language you are using, "converted in Christ." If a person repents of their sins, meaning turns away from a lifestyle of sin, and accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior and becomes His disciple, they are born again. Still, the Bible makes it clear a person can have their name blotted out of God's Book of Life. God told Moses He would blot the name of transgressors out of His book, and in Revelation, we are told that overcomers will not have their name blotted out of His book. The Prodigal Son, was initially a Son of God, but while in the hog pen was lost and dead, and when he returned, he became found and "alive again." That is what it says, so you can get saved and lost again, and saved again.

Even in saying this, God is all knowing, so He knows who will die saved and who will die lost. Those who will be saved at the end of their pilgrimage are God's elect.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
According to Matthew 12:31-32, "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

This was indeed a warning, but Jesus said this to the multitudes that were witnessing what was taking place. The warning was to the multitudes not to cross this line. There is also the issue of the religious crowd not considering that attributing what Jesus was doing to the devil was attacking the Holy Spirit. They did not believe Jesus was of God. Any that did, and knew what they were doing definitely did cross that line and would never have forgiveness.

The bigger problem those who promote unconditional security have is the fact the Bible makes it clear that any that continue in a sinful lifestyle shall not inherit the Kingdom of God. This is stated more than once. That is absolute proof that salvation is conditional.

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10.

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." Galatians 5:19-21

"But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them." Ephesians 5:3-7

Look at all of these sins that are mentioned by the Apostle Paul that will keep a person who does them from inheriting the Kingdom of God! In addition, there is "and such like," meaning sinful behavior in general. When a person accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, past sins are under the blood, as well as things done without knowledge it was sin or without meaning to. If you continue to live in sin because you believe you are eternally secure in your salvation, you will not make it to heaven. That is what the Bible says. You can be forgiven if you repent, with the exception of speaking against the Holy Spirit, but forgivness is not automatic. There are many people who think they are saved who are not.

<<<….the Bible makes it clear that any that continue in a sinful lifestyle shall not inherit the Kingdom of God. This is stated more than once. That is absolute proof that salvation is conditional. >>>

Not that such is absolute proof that salvation is conditional in that sense. Rather, that may well be evidence to show the heart of one who profess and claims to be a child of God, as perhaps not truly converted and not truly a legitimate child of God.

When God, according to the counsel of His will, saves a person from going to hell, would God not accomplish it and fail?

Can God give mercy to whom He wills to give mercy? Can God give grace to whom He wills to give grace?

Would God force a person of anything or to doing anything against the person’s will in the course of His saving him? Nope.

Salvation is not conditional on man’s deeds or works. Nor salvation depends on and is of man. Scriptures is clear, that salvation is of God and by God. That salvation is by grace, and that through faith.

Thanks be to God (in no way and not in any sense, thanks be to me nor to anyone else), that I have come to have faith in God, the Father, and in Him whom He sent, Jesus Christ, the Son, and in the Holy Spirit, whom He sent and gave to dwell in me and be my Helper/Comforter.

Glory be to God! Thanks be to God!

Tong
R3931

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saying that the sacrifice only covers past sins and those done in ignorance
Romans 7:15-17 KJV
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. [16] If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. [17] Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Paul goes on like this for another 8 verses... He was a pretty good Christian, by the way.

I know its kind of confusing, but here is what he was saying: he knew that there were certain things he shouldn't do and he did them anyway. There were things he knew he should do, but didn't do them. He even hated some things that he did, and did them anyway, and he was speaking about sin and the law.

So its clear he wasn't in ignorance when he did them. Furthermore, he was speaking in present tense, so it wasn't past sins he was talking about. And in the end, he wonders who will save him from this and thanks Jesus. Never did he speak of repenting of them (as some typically think repenting means) or abstaining from them.
When Jesus said that about forgiving 70 times 7, he said that if someone asked for forgiveness 70 times 7, we were to forgive them. It was not automatic. He never said we must forgive them if they never repent, and that is the issue here
Yes, in THAT verse(s), that is true. But not so in Matthew 6:12, 14-15. Part of this is "the Lord's" prayer (as some call it). In that we do ask for forgiveness (of debts), but it says nothing of forgiving others only if they ask. We are just told to forgive them.

I mean, seriously... How cold of a heart do you have to not forgive someone unless they ask? My goodness! How many marriages would fail if we only forgave our spouses if they asked? I think God is probably more forgiving than we are. God's ways are higher than man's; not lower!

I am all for repenting in that it needs to be done. But done the right way, just once.

By the way, if you want to talk about wilful sins, be careful on what verse you use! I know where most people go and it never works for them.

I also want to repeat what I said earlier. I gave scripture that proves that a person in a lifestyle of sin shall not inherit the Kingdom of God, and it makes no exception for someone who got saved at some point in their life.

Let me guess...1 Corinthians 6:9-10. Am I right? I have already shown those verses don't say that when you read in proper context. I did so in this thread, but no one really wanted to discuss or debate it, so why try again to show it?

WELL, BECAUSE ITS SO MUCH FUN AND SO LIBERATING AND ITS THE TRUTH, THATS WHY!!!

1 Corinthians 6:7-12 KJV
Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? [8] Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

There is the real problem Paul was upset at! Defrauding [not everyone] the brethren: those of like precious faith. It has very little to do with the list we are about to read.

[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Ok. Amen. I agree. But let us read on...

[11] And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Yes, without grace those things will keep you out, but with grace you ARE washed (not "were" washed), you ARE sanctified (not "were" sanctified) and ARE... well, you know the rest. These are present tense... It never says they stopped being these things.

[12] All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

That's a powerful verse right there! He said all things ARE lawful. Since he gave a laundry list two or three verses before, I strongly think he was talking about those things... Begrudgingly, perhaps, but he was.

Yes, I see what he wrote after that in the verse and in the rest of the chapter, and I agree with him.

These things are covered by grace, but that doesn't mean we should do them ever, and especially to the brethren. But to try to use these verses to say grace won't cover all sins is wrong. Paul actually said just the opposite.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus said that about forgiving 70 times 7, he said that if someone asked for forgiveness 70 times 7, we were to forgive them. It was not automatic. He never said we must forgive them if they never repent, and that is the issue here
Luke 23:34 KJV
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Jesus asked the Father to forgive them... Did they ask? No... They were stripping him naked, crucifying him and gambling to see who got his expensive robe!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is interesting language you are using, "converted in Christ."

PAGE 1 - Instant

The question was;
Do you think a man CONVERTED in Christ, is a born of God man?

Short answer Yes.
But I did not see your answer.
And I disagree with HOW you Apply Scripture, to one it DOES NOT APPLY TO.

If a person repents of their sins, meaning turns away from "a lifestyle of sin", and accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior and becomes His disciple, they are born again.

"Repents of their sin". Vague.
"Lifestyle of sin". Vague.
"Are born again". Vague.

According to Jesus, What is a mans SIN?
Short answer; NOT doing the WILL of God.

So WHAT IS THE WILL OF GOD?
His disciples Asked Jesus...
John 6:
[28] Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus Answered them....
John 6:
[29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

The WILL OF GOD...is DIRECT...SHORT...and to the POINT...and has nothing to do with a relationship BETWEEN MEN.

The WILL OF GOD is precisely;
BELIEVE ON HIM and HIM WHOM HE hath sent.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 2 - Instant

The Facts;
Hebrews - 12 Tribes...beginning nearly 6,000 years ago...BELIEVED IN GOD.
Many of the Tribes, were displaced from their lands, a Scattered People.
Many of the Tribesmen, became mixed with Gentiles, and began ACCEPTING Gentile "gods".
The Tribe of JUDAH, remained the most Faithful to God.
Any Tribesman, "continuing to BELIEVE in God," whatever Lands, they had been "scattered to", began calling themselves "JEWS", (which was the name Tribal men from JUDAH were called).
JESUS...came to Earth. AS A MAN, IN the "LIKENESS AS A HUMBLED SERVANT of GOD", AS a JEWISH man of the House of David; Expressly SEEKING, LOST JEWS...and 12 CHOSE Jewish men to Follow Him, Hear, Learn, and Continue Doing the the WORKS of GOD, according to the WILL OF GOD.

JESUS' "LIKENESS' -
* The outer APPEARENCE as an Earthly man.
* A Faithful SERVANT....LIKE WHO?
ABRAHAM...
(Gen 15:6
[6] And he (ABRAHAM) believed in the LORD; and he (the LORD) counted it to him for righteousness.

JESUS; "LIKENESS" -
Phil 2:
[7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
[8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
[9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: (JESUS)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 3

JESUS TO HIS Disciples:
Matt 10:[6] But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matt.15
[24] But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matt.18
[11] For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

THE WILL OF GOD?
BELIEVE on God and the One God Sent.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 4 - Instant

Moses was given;
Gods LAWS, FOR Hebrews & the 12 Tribes.
Mosaic LAW, (so called) was a 600 + specific laws....that covered...
1) COMMON LAWS, of mankind called LAWS, written. Copied, distributed to the Tribes. Taught by the Traveling (no Appointed LAND of their own)...the Tribe of LEVI, Appointed (By God), to be succession of Priests, Distribuiting and Preaching Mosaic LAWS.
2) COMMAND LAWS, written and published, called STATUTES.
3) PRECEPT LAWS, written and distributed.
Which is concerning BEHAVIORS AMONG Men.
4) CURSE LAWS, (today's term; PENAL laws) written and distributed.
Which is concerning CONSEQUENCES, for Violating LAWS "a man" AGAINST GOD AND Violating LAWS of "a man Against a man".

Neh 9:
[14] And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant: