Christ only died for past sins...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Christ's sacrifice only count for past sins?

• Only past sins are forgiven. We must maintain our salvation by not sinning.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Christ's sacrifice was all sufficient for all of the believers sins.

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty solid point!

Jesus never got your memo.

He warned 4 out of 7 churches to repent, and told the Sardis church they were DEAD, and to repent, and be overcomers, or He would blot their names out of the book of life.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were NOT speaking in generalities.
You spoke making a Specific False Claim Against me.
Further your claim, even IF was a true scenario, IS not Scriptural.

Nothing says it is a "good" works to go seeking out strangers and that I should "decide" what they "need".

Read the Scriptures~
~ should strangers ask you for assistance...help them
~ leave some of your field void of being reap a second time so that strangers passing by may take your left overs from your fields
~ offer assistance should you OBSERVE a person or animal in distress.

Today are fewer farmers, yet people set their left overs, food, junk, things they no longer need or want to the roadside edge of their property for any strange to freely take.

Today you can Observe an auto with persons stranded, an auto accident, a person drowning, a person having falling off a ladder, a person having fallen down, a person being purse snatched, a person looking for their auto in a parking lot, a person struggling to put store purchases in their vehicle, a person struggling to reach an item on a shelf in a store, a person searching for their child or pet, a begger standing on a corner asking for handouts of money or food, a person trying to hitch a ride, a kid having fallen off his bicycle, smoke and fire in a building....

* YOU HAVE ZERO knowledge of what I personally do or do not do in the public domain.
* YOU HAVE ZERO knowledge of what I personally do or do not do in my private domain.

I am fully aware of what Scripture describes "as GOOD WORKS"...and fully aware "GOOD WORKS" a person "IN CHRIST" (already having RECEIVED SALVATION) additionally receives for his "GOOD WORKS"...(FROM GOD) which that ARE NOT "rewarded" BY MEN!

Your implication that, men must stop doing what he does at his private property and instead run about seeking strangers to give them food and clothing is ricidulous.

The Scriptures teach when you Observe a stranger in distress OFFER assistance.

The Scriptures teach, when you Encounter a stranger SHARE the WORD of God with them.

The Scriptures teach, God is ALL knowing, not men.

The Scriptures teach, the Lord is the Judge, not men.

You want to expressly ACCUSE ME...do it on FACTS, not made up scenarios.

You are missing the point. What point do you think the Bible is trying to get across when it speaks of “ Sins Of Omission ?” Stop bring ludicrous . I am not trying to tell you to go out and grab strangers and bring them home with you. You know that.I am making the same point that the Bible makes—- there is no escaping the fact that we are all sinners and will remain sinners until the day we die.The only hope for anybody is Grace —- you Reject it at your own peril....

If Christians somehow “ rise above Sin” and can NEVER Sin again, why does God talk so much about “ Chastisement?” Is God Chastising His Children For NOT Sinning ? Your entire argument falls flat on that example alone....

If you want to make the case that you no longer sin, let me ask you— how is your” thought life?” I suppose you never have a lustful or sinful thought? Give us a break .If you claim you never sin—- let me talk with your Spouse or closet friend for two minutes.We’ll see how “ perfect “ you are.....You don’t fool anybody that possess a brain and you sure as heck ain’t fooling God.....Why not admit you are a Sinner and just thank God for His Grace? I have found that most people that reject Grace do so because they never received it .....they never really believed the Gospel .....especially that part that says “ Jesus died for your sins”..... that leads to living a lie that they no longer sin.....God has a better way.....if you have the Humility to accept it....some prefer to live a lie...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’d say, Jesus’ sacrifice as spoken of in the scriptures, is a matter between Him and the Father, and not really between Him and man. So that, everything that were meant to be accomplished through that sacrifice, was accomplished apart from anything else, as the Father was well pleased with and by it, and had accepted it.

What were accomplished is the next beautiful thing we can talk about. For from the time that Jesus Christ had risen from the dead, what had been accomplished by Jesus through that, unfolds and is unfolding.

Tong
R3907
Yes!!!

Nothing to add . . . you said this well I think!

Much love!

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The poll does not give enough choices. Jesus' sacrifice on the cross is sufficient to pay for all the sins anyone could ever commit period, but God chooses not to cover all sins automatically. Those who reject Christ are not forgiven. Those who commit willful sins after salvation are not forgiven unless they repent of them, but the blood is sufficient to wash them away. According to 1 John, if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. My positions is that the blood that Jesus shed is sufficient to cover any sin, but it does not. We are not automatically forgiven of all sins present and future if they are intentional, but all sins done without meaning to are covered after we are saved. When they come to our attention, we need to repent at that time.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are missing the point. What point do you think the Bible is trying to get across when it speaks of “ Sins Of Omission ?” Stop bring ludicrous . I am not trying to tell you to go out and grab strangers and bring them home with you. You know that.I am making the same point that the Bible makes—- there is no escaping the fact that we are all sinners and will remain sinners until the day we die.The only hope for anybody is Grace —- you Reject it at your own peril....

If Christians somehow “ rise above Sin” and can NEVER Sin again, why does God talk so much about “ Chastisement?” Is God Chastising His Children For NOT Sinning ? Your entire argument falls flat on that example alone....

If you want to make the case that you no longer sin, let me ask you— how is your” thought life?” I suppose you never have a lustful or sinful thought? Give us a break .If you claim you never sin—- let me talk with your Spouse or closet friend for two minutes.We’ll see how “ perfect “ you are.....You don’t fool anybody that possess a brain and you sure as heck ain’t fooling God.....Why not admit you are a Sinner and just thank God for His Grace? I have found that most people that reject Grace do so because they never received it .....they never really believed the Gospel .....especially that part that says “ Jesus died for your sins”..... that leads to living a lie that they no longer sin.....God has a better way.....if you have the Humility to accept it....some prefer to live a lie...
Everyone will fall short of the glory of God in some way, so we all need God's grace. At the same time, we do not all sin on purpose everyday. I have not sinned on purpose at all today. Sins done without knowing or meaning to are under the blood. If I were to sin on purpose tonight, like pick up some woman and commit adultery, that is not under the blood. To be forgiven, I would have to come to a place where I was sorry for that sin and confess it and repent. If I were to die while committing the sin, I would wind up in hell. I have never met anyone that believes we can live good enough to make it to heaven without grace. Even those who believe they can live above sin do not mean sins done without meaning to.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of my sins were future sins when Christ died

There is no question about that. When Jesus died, he died for all the sins of those who followed God in Old Testament times and for all the sins of those who would be saved afterward. His sacrifice was sufficient for every man, woman, boy and girl that would ever live, but it will not do everyone good.

Another thing to consider is the fact that before we were created, God knew us, and He knew if we would accept Christ or reject Christ. God knows all things. He knew if we were the elect or were not, and He knew if we would be overcomers or fall away and be lost before we die.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no question about that. When Jesus died, he died for all the sins of those who followed God in Old Testament times and for all the sins of those who would be saved afterward. His sacrifice was sufficient for every man, woman, boy and girl that would ever live, but it will not do everyone good.

Another thing to consider is the fact that before we were created, God knew us, and He knew if we would accept Christ or reject Christ. God knows all things. He knew if we were the elect or were not, and He knew if we would be overcomers or fall away and be lost before we die.
I see only one thing that will condemn us

The sin of unbelief,

He who believes is not condemned

He who does not believe is condemned already, because they have not believed.

Jesus took care of the sin issue. But he will not force us to take his gift.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This salvation of mine is from God. He's not going to fumble it.
It's a gift...we just have to open it.
If I could've lost my salvation, I would've.
I'm going to be so glad when this is all over with.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see only one thing that will condemn us

The sin of unbelief,

He who believes is not condemned

He who does not believe is condemned already, because they have not believed.

Jesus took care of the sin issue. But he will not force us to take his gift.

I can name another sin right now that guarantees a person will be condemned whether they believe or not. Those who blaspheme or speak a word against the Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness in this world or the next. Besides that, there are a whole host of sins that will keep people out of heaven. If you look at 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 for instance, there is a laundry list of sins that guarantee a person will have no inheritance in the Kingdom of God unless they repent. That is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to examples. I can give you a lot more.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This salvation of mine is from God. He's not going to fumble it.
It's a gift...we just have to open it.
If I could've lost my salvation, I would've.
I'm going to be so glad when this is all over with.

Perhaps you did lose it and did not know it? There is no reason for anyone to lose their salvation, but it is possible. If a person will simply trust in Jesus and obey His teachings, they have nothing to worry about. What will cost a person salvation is to continue to commit willful sins after getting saved without repenting. There are many scriptures that make this clear.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps you did lose it and did not know it? There is no reason for anyone to lose their salvation, but it is possible. If a person will simply trust in Jesus and obey His teachings, they have nothing to worry about. What will cost a person salvation is to continue to commit willful sins after getting saved without repenting. There are many scriptures that make this clear.
A person who continues in a deliberately sinful lifestyle after giving lip service to a conversion has never known what a new birth is.
They have never understood in their experience what it is to have a turn around. They have never understood the extremely high price paid for their Salvation.
Maintaining a deliberate course of sin, irrespective of the lip service is indicative of where the heart is.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I could've lost it, I would have. Take my word on this one. He has saved me from myself.
My Father has accepted me unconditionally through the faith that He planted in my heart when I first heard John 3:16.
I have been a stubborn fool for many years, but He has made good progress with me.
I died, He lives, and dwells inside of me, I am finally assured of eternity.
He never left my side, not even when I died, He was with me in the dark...right by my side!
Faithful is His Name! Hallelujah!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I could've lost it, I would have. Take my word on this one. He has saved me from myself.
My Father has accepted me unconditionally through the faith that He planted in my heart when I first heard John 3:16.
I have been a stubborn fool for many years, but He has made good progress with me.
I died, He lives, and dwells inside of me, I am finally assured of eternity.
He never left my side, not even when I died, He was with me in the dark...right by my side!
Faithful is His Name! Hallelujah!
God woos all men yet when men deliberately shut out his voice they place themselves in a position where that voice is no longer heard....and if it is no longer heard they have closed the avenue God has chosen to enlighten them.....they have rejected his Spirit....they have committed the unpardonable sin.

Reactions: Truman

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can name another sin right now that guarantees a person will be condemned whether they believe or not. Those who blaspheme or speak a word against the Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness in this world or the next. Besides that, there are a whole host of sins that will keep people out of heaven. If you look at 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 for instance, there is a laundry list of sins that guarantee a person will have no inheritance in the Kingdom of God unless they repent. That is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to examples. I can give you a lot more.
I relate the blasphemy of the spirit to unbelief.

It is the Holy Spirit who convicts the world of sin righteousness and judgment

It is the HS who through the church and through people and through thought, the gospel of Christ

When you reject the gospel in unbelief, you are “dissenting from” the truth of the HS, When you deny Christ, you deny the HS, when you believe a different gospel. You are attributing to someone else the work of the Holy Spirit.

The pharisee attributed the work and teaching of the HS through Christ to satan. Jesus warned them they were in danger of committing that unforgivable sin. Technically they already committed it, Yet God is gracious, allowing them (everyone) time to repent. If we die in that state. We can find no forgiveness.

Reactions: FHII

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can eternal life stop being eternal life?

How can Jesus promise they would never die be reversed?

How can a person continue in sin after they have been born of God. When John says that is impossible. That anyone who continues in sin has never seen or known God (1 John)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person who continues in a deliberately sinful lifestyle after giving lip service to a conversion has never known what a new birth is.
They have never understood in their experience what it is to have a turn around. They have never understood the extremely high price paid for their Salvation.
Maintaining a deliberate course of sin, irrespective of the lip service is indicative of where the heart is.
Amen, He who sins has never seen or known God, Whoever is born of God cannot sin, because they have been born of God (sin here is ongoing continual sin, as in the world)

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I relate the blasphemy of the spirit to unbelief.

It is the Holy Spirit who convicts the world of sin righteousness and judgment

It is the HS who through the church and through people and through thought, the gospel of Christ

When you reject the gospel in unbelief, you are “dissenting from” the truth of the HS, When you deny Christ, you deny the HS, when you believe a different gospel. You are attributing to someone else the work of the Holy Spirit.

The pharisee attributed the work and teaching of the HS through Christ to satan. Jesus warned them they were in danger of committing that unforgivable sin. Technically they already committed it, Yet God is gracious, allowing them (everyone) time to repent. If we die in that state. We can find no forgiveness.
The Bible literally says that if anyone speaks a word against the Holy Ghost, they will never be forgiven. That can be any word, not just unbelief. I have only met one person that did this, but I do not believe she can ever be forgiven. She literally called the Holy Spirit evil, and wanted to know if she committed the unpardonable sin. According to scripture, she did. I wish I could have helped her, but I could not.

In addition to that, the Bible states in several places that anyone who lives a lifestyle of sin will not inherit the Kingdom of God. The type of sins listed include fornication, a sin many professing Christians commit on a regular basis. It is not necessary for me to prove whether one can lose salvation when the Bible tells us willful sinners shall not inherit the Kingdom of God. It gives no exceptions for those who got saved.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus died for ALL sin past, present and future for those that believe and accept Him

True.
If Jesus died to forgive past sin…heaven will be a very lonely place. Everyone sins after accepting Christ the Savior. Otherwise make the Bible quite simple …” To be safe, do not accept Jesus until the moment you know you going to die. Therefore you commit no sins after professing Christ your savior.”