Christ Saved Us... What Do Good Works Do?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Already explained 1 Jn 3:23,24 says 1) believe on the Name of God's Son, and 2) love one another. If you want to denigrate that as "works", that's fine, but, again, your view has no way of reconciling Ro 8:1 with Ro 14:23, or accounting for the fact that Paul (in 1 Th 4:8) warns the immoral God can decide to withhold His Spirit (bc only those abiding in Christ are supplied the Spirit (1 Jn 3:23,24)).
You are working for your salvation.

You will never see the Kingdom of God, by working for it.

You aren’t saved by works..all you post is works based salvation.bye,bye...

Reactions: mailmandan

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither addresses the issue in context, you merely rely on another verse in order to discount what Ro 2 teaches. Show me from the context that what I'm saying is a misunderstanding.
It was in context and in harmony with the scriptures I cited.
This is why I say you don't believe ALL of Scripture, just snippets of it, whereas I believe it all (or try to).

You cite one verse in order to negate another verse, but I'm saying it's all true, and seek to understand how it all "harmonizes".

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes...I did...and you aren’t getting it.

Others have tried to help you also...you just aren’t getting it.

Praying that you do one day.
What I try to "get" is what Scripture says--exactly what I've shared with you--and you're saying "No, I believe something else." I mean, yes, people can know God without having perfect theology--I think you can be Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Protestant, Monergistic, Synergistic, and know God--but I am not just discussing knowing God, I'm discussing what Scripture says. I'm not saying you're not saved, or you don't or can't know God. God is merciful, He doesn't wait for us to have perfect theology for us to know Him; rather, we know Him because He is merciful (Jer 31:34). I'm just trying to believe Scripture.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with Historical Christians that that passage speaks of the loss of salvation on account of the fact that he says he could be disqualified, just as the Jews were--and he says "do not to commit idolatry as they did" because "no idolater has any inheritance in God's Kingdom".

Since he often speaks of faith as a "race", being "disqualified" from the "race" would mean he wasn't "in the faith" anymore. This is because faith is not only a belief, it is supposed to be a walk.
here we go.

A follower of man, Not of God

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup, and we're told to "remain in Him" (some don't (1 Jn 2:28))--the life is "in His Son" (1 Jn 5:11), so those who don't remain don't retain the life, and we remain in Him by obeying the command 1) believe in the Name of God's Son and 2) love one another (1 Jn 3:23, 24).
So it is Us in God not God in us

You sure do trust yourself alot..

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you preach we are under law.

1 Cor is about preaching the word. then becoming unqualified to teach..

nice try though
Nope, that's not what it means to be under Law.

Being under Law means to read and serve God by the Law of Moses.

The difference between what I am saying and being under Law is that I am saying God works in you and you are to walk by that working.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More troll behavior. Let me know when you are ready to grow up and have a meaningful conversation.
Let me know when you're ready to prove that Romans 2:6-16 doesn't teach that eternal life will be only be repaid doers of good at the coming judgment.

• Sad

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here we go.

A follower of man, Not of God
Prove I'm wrong. Address the Scriptural points I've made.

I only note, as an aside, that historical Christianity has agreed with me.

Is that actually a negative?

Yes, I follow men: Peter, John, Paul and their disciples. Oh no!

Status
Not open for further replies.