Christian baker and transgender cake lawsuit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then would you think it is ok for a Christian to sell liquor at a liquor store?...or own a bar and sell liquor drinks?
As long as they are not selling it to children, and abide by the governing laws of the land.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Followers of the way, who have to work at the gas station in order to make money, they sell for the company cigarettes, synthetic pot vapes, and beer, @gpresdo. People make their choices of the things they desire and want.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures speaking out against sexual perversions.
And the results in the lives of those who practice those things living in unrepenting sin laden lifestyle choices.
And speaking of those who approve of them which do such things, the righteous judgment of God is they are deserving of death as the others who do those things.
No Christians approve of unrepenting sin laden lifestyles. and no one practicing those things can lawfully according to God call themselves Christians.
If they do approve of sin like this, they practice lawlessness against God along with the ones they approve of.
The same can be said of those who practice a different religion. Does that make discrimination based on religion acceptable?

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not hang with those people and tell them God bless you., keep on doing what your doing.
He told them to repent of their evil ways, empty way of life, and believe in Him, teaching about the kingdom of God.
A lot of time He spoke to them in parables, which have to be interpreted. But to His disciples he declared to them the true meaning.
Christians are not supposed to bless people who are doing evil deeds in an approving manner.

IT would have been Christian of the baker to bake a cake and write on it as a message repent of your evil sexual immorality.

I am sure that will go over like a lead balloon party pooper.
Why not just poison the cake?

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as they are not selling it to children, and abide by the governing laws of the land.
Are u suggesting secular laws comply with God's commandments?...and therefore man's actions make compliance with God's commandments ok...automatically?

Nothing could be further from the fact.

We must judge secular standards and reject those which do not comply with moral standards set about by God.

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 7 , Jesus speaking to his brothers born to Joseph and Mary.
He tells them since he tells of the world that its works are evil, the world hates Him for that.
Christians are to follow Christ, Christ said things that offended those of the world, but He spoke those things so that they might repent and be saved.

John 5:34 "Yet I do not receive testimony from man, but I say these things that you may be saved."

The world rejects Christ as their savior, they follow another. Therefore those of the world have no excuse when they are at the final judgement. Read of this in John 5.

1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee; for He did not want to walk in Judea, because the [a]Jews sought to kill Him. 2 Now the Jews’ Feast of Tabernacles was at hand. 3 His brothers therefore said to Him, “Depart from here and go into Judea, that Your disciples also may see the works that You are doing. 4 For no one does anything in secret while he himself seeks to be known openly. If You do these things, show Yourself to the world.” 5 For even His brothers did not believe in Him.

6 Then Jesus said to them, “My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready. 7 The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil. 8 You go up to this feast. I am not [b]yet going up to this feast, for My time has not yet fully come.” 9 When He had said these things to them, He remained in Galilee.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." Lev 2013.
And WHO did JESUS show us is the ONLY ONE and do i mean ONLY ONE who is worthy to JUDGE .
GOD IS pardner . We can put no man to death , we all have fallen far far short of the glory of GOD .
BUT what we do is this , IF a man or a woman within our churches or the world
cometh and asks us to partake of their evil , FOR WOE IT IS EVIL and WOE to the person
who partakes of it by SERVING IT . WE refuse service . And , AND we even cast out those within
the church who pratice or even support wickedness . ITS ABOUT HIGH TIME YOU LEARN THE BIBLE , THAT GOD
HIS CHRIST . OPEN BIBLE and DO Flee the social all inclusive false go spell from hell .
NO MAN is THE JUDGE OF THE LAW . GOD IS . AND MARK MY WORDS
HE GONNA JUDGE all who rejected CHRIST JESUS . ALL who even used the name of JESUS to support evil .
WE , not you , not me not any human is JUDGE OF THE LAW . GOD IS .
GOD will JUDGE and will destroy all who loved a lie , who worked abominations , ON THE DAY OF THE LORD .
My duty is not to put any man to death but rather preach HE , HIS TRUTH , CORRECTING any and all
who are still UNDER the death sentence , TO COME TO CHRIST JESUS
and we had better KNOW ITS HIM . AKA BIBLE TIME . IF any man cometh and preaches another sin accepting jesus
or another gospel , ITS A LIE FROM HADES , it is of the dragon and cometh through men .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 7 , Jesus speaking to his brothers born to Joseph and Mary.
He tells them since he tells of the world that its works are evil, the world hates Him for that.
Christians are to follow Christ, Christ said things that offended those of the world, but He spoke those things so that they might repent and be saved.

John 5:34 "Yet I do not receive testimony from man, but I say these things that you may be saved."

The world rejects Christ as their savior, they follow another. Therefore those of the world have no excuse when they are at the final judgement. Read of this in John 5.

1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee; for He did not want to walk in Judea, because the [a]Jews sought to kill Him. 2 Now the Jews’ Feast of Tabernacles was at hand. 3 His brothers therefore said to Him, “Depart from here and go into Judea, that Your disciples also may see the works that You are doing. 4 For no one does anything in secret while he himself seeks to be known openly. If You do these things, show Yourself to the world.” 5 For even His brothers did not believe in Him.

6 Then Jesus said to them, “My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready. 7 The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil. 8 You go up to this feast. I am not [b]yet going up to this feast, for My time has not yet fully come.” 9 When He had said these things to them, He remained in Galilee.
march onwards in the LORD through the trenches . For many have come In HIS name
to lead folks astray from the TRUE CHRIST , from biblical doctrine and into the webs of men who have been
taken in a snare of a lie . From which it cannot save them . Yes scott , the end hour delusion
to gather all not in the lambs book of life unto a lie and the liar is on the move .
It cometh in the name of love , BUT TIS NOT LOVE and IT IS NOT OF GOD . It is from He who has always
desired to be AS GOD . Its a love that will unite all to find common ground
to unify as one , UNDER THE DRAGON and its beast . Satan is a deciever . HE sure is .
And just as he tried to decieve christ by taking scripture out of text , SO TOO he does the world .
For he spouts GOD IS LOVE , and yet bringeth a version of love that HAS REJECTED THE SOLID CORE TRUTH OF CHRIST
and accepts SINS as love . The devil dont sleep as many suspect . BUT THE LAMBS HEED NOT THE VOICE
of the stranger . LAMBS HEED JESUS and lambs HAVE THE LOVE OF GOD SHED UPON THEIR HEARTS BY THE HOLY GHOST
and that LOVE REJOICES IN TRUTH . not in lies and not in sin . BUT IN TRUTH .

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not hang with those people and tell them God bless you., keep on doing what your doing.
He told them to repent of their evil ways, empty way of life, and believe in Him, teaching about the kingdom of God.
A lot of time He spoke to them in parables, which have to be interpreted. But to His disciples he declared to them the true meaning.
Christians are not supposed to bless people who are doing evil deeds in an approving manner.

IT would have been Christian of the baker to bake a cake and write on it as a message repent of your evil sexual immorality.

I am sure that will go over like a lead balloon party pooper.
Making a cake as a baker inviting the secular eclectic public to avail themselves of services is not blessing them.

It's the baker doing their job.

Reactions: TinMan

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are u suggesting secular laws comply with God's commandments?...and therefore man's actions make compliance with God's commandments ok...automatically?

Nothing could be further from the fact.

We must judge secular standards and reject those which do not comply with moral standards set about by God.
I disagree, with your statement.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Making a cake as a baker inviting the secular eclectic public to avail themselves of services is not blessing them.

It's the baker doing their job.
We actually are not to welcome such people, greet them with felicitations, receive them in any way, if they claim to be children of God.
If we do we share in their evil deeds.
We are supposed to tell them to repent of their evil ways and doings. You still are missing this. When they come to you, and you do not tell them what they are doing is evil in God's sight, you are not doing your job as a Christian. regardless of being a baker.

2 John 1
9 Whoever [d]transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; 11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

• Love
Reactions: gpresdo

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We actually are not to welcome such people, greet them with felicitations, receive them in any way, if they claim to be children of God.
Did you mean to state that as written?
If we do we share in their evil deeds.
We are supposed to tell them to repent of their evil ways and doings. You still are missing this. When they come to you, and you do not tell them what they are doing is evil in God's sight, you are not doing your job as a Christian. regardless of being a baker.

2 John 1
9 Whoever [d]transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; 11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
Ah, Jesus made a mistake then when supping with a tax collector, speaking to a Samaritan woman, and saving the life of an accused adulteress.

Christians are a closed society.
That is a fascinating bit of news.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If a Christian actually cared for an LGBTQ+ persons eternal soul, they would do like God did with His beloved Son whom He sent into the world.
You would tell them like it is.

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you mean to state that as written?

Ah, Jesus made a mistake then when supping with a tax collector, speaking to a Samaritan woman, and saving the life of an accused adulteress.

Christians are a closed society.
That is a fascinating bit of news.
Your ignoring scriptures as written, all scripture you know is of God. You're missing the message to the wicked, that they repent and believe, or they will be in eternal hellfire.
Christians are a exclusive group separate from the world, not of the world, this is true. The entire non believing, non-Christian world is going to eternal hell fire. Only the Christians have received the love of the truth and are saved, them exclusively alone.

IF someone is not saved by God, redeemed by God from their sins, they will suffer for that for all time and all future ages to come.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a Christian actually cared for an LGBTQ+ persons eternal soul, they would do like God did with His beloved Son whom He sent into the world.
You would tell them like it is.

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
I believe how we treat people is a testimony of the living Christ guiding us through this world, from within us.

We are a testimony.

Jesus tells us, the natural person does not understand the things of God, they are foolishness to them.

The truth of God, the gospel of Jesus, is spiritually discerned.

God changes that. Not us. We are examples to the natural person. They do not understand the things of God, but they will remember how those who claim to treated them in his name.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus spent time with people Jewish law labeled forbidden.
He dined with sinners, spoke to a Samaritan woman, healed the untouchable, and interceded for a woman accused of adultery.

The latter of whom He was careful to command: "Now go, and sin no more."

Creating a bouquet for the funeral of the mother of a gay person isn't condoning homosexuality.

Nor did anyone suggest that it might be, as far as I can tell.

Just like rescuing an actual homosexual (not even twice-removed by a deceased mother and a bouquet of flowers) from dying in a blizzard wouldn't be.

Nor is there anything wrong with "spending time with" sinners—otherwise, we'd be alone all the time.

How does someone know their customer is gay in the first place?

A good indication might be if they ordered a wedding cake with 2 groom figurines on it or some other such identifying mark.

Not that it matters what a person believes or thinks they know about someone else, as a rule.

What matters is the attempt to force an artist to facilitate the celebration of a sinful lifestyle.

Not sure why this simple concept is so elusive to so many folks.

Or why objecting to such attempts is considered hateful and unChristian.