Christian baker and transgender cake lawsuit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Christian baker who doesn’t approve of gender bending was sued for refusing to bake a gender transition cake. You can read the scoop here: Christian baker sued for refusing gender-transition cake says Supreme Court ruling puts law on his side

Honestly, I don’t have a problem with transgender people who want to switch their gender. Yeah, it’s a bit strange, but like they always say: To each their own.

I do draw the line at elementary schools trying to convince six-year-olds to do a gender transition. Anyone who wants to change their gender should be at least 18 years of age before making such a life-altering decision.

But what about Christian bakers who don’t want to bake a cake for gender benders who wish to celebrate their transition? Do you think they should be forced to do it, since they have a paying customer? Or do they have a right to refuse service based on preference? Let me know what you think.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have a slightly different take on these situation. Baking a cake for someone does not mean that you are conveying that you agree with a life style or choice. Would the baker bake a cake for someone getting divorced or getting remarried ( if they were christian) The bakery is a business and it’s there To provide for the customers. It’s basically saying I will provide you with what I sell if you prove that you are living the way I think is right…..if your not then I am going to have a tantrum and refuse.
Sorry, I know many here will disagree.
It’s like me refusing to go and clean a residents room if they are gay ect, or refusing to work with someone because of their life style ……

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a slightly different take on these situation. Baking a cake for someone does not mean that you are conveying that you agree with a life style or choice. Would the baker bake a cake for someone getting divorced or getting remarried ( if they were christian) The bakery is a business and it’s there To provide for the customers. It’s basically saying I will provide you with what I sell if you prove that you are living the way I think is right…..if your not then I am going to have a tantrum and refuse.
Sorry, I know many here will disagree.
It’s like me refusing to go and clean a residents room if they are gay ect, or refusing to work with someone because of their life style ……

Some Christian bakers have made a big fuss by refusing to bake cakes for gay people. Yet you never see these bakers refusing service to Wall Street professionals for the sin of greed, nor do you see them refusing service to couples who are getting married a second, third, or fourth time (which Jesus called adultery).

If I were a baker, I would gladly make a cake for a paying customer even if they are gender bending, gay, or some other type of nonconformist. It isn’t right to use my religion to justify discriminating against others. I don’t think God hates LGBT people in the first place.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If I were a baker, I would gladly make a cake for a paying customer even if they are gender bending, gay, or some other type of nonconformist. It isn’t right to use my religion to justify discriminating against others. I don’t think God hates LGBT people in the first place."

The Supreme Court disagrees with you .....Comes down the first 10 Bill of Rights ......

My Right to practice my religion the way I believe my religion tells me to do ......

Want to dispute that? Turns out Muslim Bakers will not only chase you out of their shop, but down the street as well ......

Reactions: dev553344 and marks

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If I were a baker, I would gladly make a cake for a paying customer even if they are gender bending, gay, or some other type of nonconformist. It isn’t right to use my religion to justify discriminating against others. I don’t think God hates LGBT people in the first place."

The Supreme Court disagrees with you .....Comes down the first 10 Bill of Rights ......

My Right to practice my religion the way I believe my religion tells me to do ......
which is why racist business owners can put out "white only" signs

Want to dispute that? Turns out Muslim Bakers will not only chase you out of their shop, but down the street as well ......
Muslims aren't the ones going to the courts demanding the right to discriminate.

Reactions: Saint of Light

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Muslims aren't the ones going to the courts demanding the right to discriminate.

I’m a new member here, and I’ve been surprised by all the reactionary-like posters who frequent this message board community. It’s a breath of fresh air to see someone else who has wisdom and decency. Glad I’m not alone.

I agree with your post. Discriminating against LGBT folks is every bit as bad as discriminating against black people. Most people these days recognize that it’s racist to be mean to African Americans and treat them like second-class citizens, yet they don’t extend that same kind of logic towards homosexuals and gender nonconformists. What's up with that?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Christian baker who doesn’t approve of gender bending was sued for refusing to bake a gender transition cake. You can read the scoop here: Christian baker sued for refusing gender-transition cake says Supreme Court ruling puts law on his side

Honestly, I don’t have a problem with transgender people who want to switch their gender. Yeah, it’s a bit strange, but like they always say: To each their own.

I do draw the line at elementary schools trying to convince six-year-olds to do a gender transition. Anyone who wants to change their gender should be at least 18 years of age before making such a life-altering decision.

But what about Christian bakers who don’t want to bake a cake for gender benders who wish to celebrate their transition? Do you think they should be forced to do it, since they have a paying customer? Or do they have a right to refuse service based on preference? Let me know what you think.
1694545460122.png

That's my idea.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Businesses have the right to refuse service to customers for legitimate reasons. A customer being a member of a minority is not a legitimate reason and neither is a business owner being a bigot a legitimate reason.
Bigotry is your insertion into the equation.

What if someone wanted you to make a cake that was fashioned to look like an ax chopped into your mother's face? Or something equally offensive to you personally? Should the Law demand that you apply your craft and skill, gained over the years, to faithfully reproduce such a thing?

Please understand . . . in my world, enabling homosexuals is like enabling drug addicts. It's not doing good for them. What is legitimate to you is not neccessarily legitimate to others. You would force your POV on others. Is that bigotry to think that your opinion is what counts, and everyone must bow to you?

Much love!

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What if someone wanted you to make a cake that was fashioned to look like an ax chopped into your mother's face? Or something equally offensive to you personally? Should the Law demand that you apply your craft and skill, gained over the years, to faithfully reproduce such a thing?

Please understand . . . in my world, enabling homosexuals is like enabling drug addicts. It's not doing good for them. What is legitimate to you is not neccessarily legitimate to others. You would force your POV on others. Is that bigotry to think that your opinion is what counts, and everyone must bow to you?

Much love!

Did you just compare disfiguring a mother’s face with homosexuality? Bad analogy.

• Love
Reactions: marks

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No white business owners are putting "Whites Only " signs up in their windows.

Maybe that's the idiocy that takes place in Saginaw ....

You are so indoctrinated ......Maybe try watching something other than your girlfriend Joy Reid..... Muslims have been telling School Boards for months now that transitioning and gender changing will not be tolerated ....... must be comfortable living under a rock ....

Last edited:

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a business is refusing service to people just because they are a minority then yes that is bigoted.

R.f51bd4fde197e64a09754dcbdc68123f

Does the baker make cakes depicting violent crimes for anyone? No? Imagine that.

Please understand . . . in my world, enabling homosexuals is like enabling drug addicts.
Then maybe you should seek psychiatric help.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No white business owners are putting "Whites Only " signs up in their windows.
Not since it became illegal. Can you recall why it is illega?
Maybe that's the idiocy that takes place in Saginaw ....

You are so indoctrinated ......Maybe try watching something other than your girlfriend Joy Reid..... Muslims have been telling School Boards for months now that transitioning and gender changing will not be tolerated ....... must be comfortable living under a rock ....
How does that relate to your lie about Muslim bakers?

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Muslim Bakers refused to bake cake for GAYS .......They refuse to bake cakes for transitioning activists........Is that clear enough for you? You hide under a rock and pretend to be informed .... That's why you have a hard time being acceptable ......

Reactions: TLHKAJ and RLT63

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a business is refusing service to people just because they are a minority then yes that is bigoted.
I thouht we were talking about people who identify as transexual. Is the minority you have in mind the mentally ill?

Much love!

Reactions: RLT63

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Muslim Bakers refused to bake cake for GAYS .......They refuse to bake cakes for transitioning activists........Is that clear enough for you? You hide under a rock and pretend to be informed .... That's why you have a hard time being acceptable ......

Um, you know there are conservative Muslims in America who are every bit as anti-gay as Evangelical Christians? Whenever US Muslims have made a big fuss about LGBT equality in schools, the progressive media’s reaction has been every bit as condemning. You can read it yourself here: Republicans Are Finding New Voters With Ron DeSantis’ Favorite Talking Point. It’s Just the Beginning.

You’re trying to call out a double standard that doesn’t exist in the first place.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um, you know there are conservative Muslims in America who are every bit as anti-gay as Evangelical Christians? Whenever US Muslims have made a big fuss about LGBT equality in schools, the progressive media’s reaction has been every bit as condemning. You can read it yourself here: Republicans Are Finding New Voters With Ron DeSantis’ Favorite Talking Point. It’s Just the Beginning.

You’re trying to call out a double standard that doesn’t exist in the first place.

Ummmmmm, You realize, neither group reacts unless the activist cause the problem? The Muslims conducted business as usual, the Christians the same ..... It's not until an activist with an agenda points the gun at the head of the business person that the problem arises. If you want a cake with John and Harry holding hands ....why not add the statue after leaving the store? The person entering with an agenda is the problem .....

Reactions: TLHKAJ