CHRistian CHRonology: This Rock WILL Prevail Against the Gates of Hell!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not only one pastor. But if you think that is some kind of argument. How many epistles (meals) do we have from Peter?

peter is the one Christ built the church upon Matt 16:18-19
Only Peter has the keys of jurisdictional authority
Christ gives the kingdom to Peter and the apostles

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not appoint any head...What he said was
Luke 9:48
And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.
Was Peter the least of the apostles?

Isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:18-19
Jn 20:21
Eph 2:20

Prophecy of the new covenant and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is the rock of salvation!

Peter is the rock that the church is built on by Christ alone!

Lk 22
All apostles But Jesus prays for Peter alone

Jn 21:17 Peter entrusted with the flock or church

Only Peter and His successors have
Jurisdictional authority from Christ to govern the church!

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as intermediary!

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the houser, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself! Matt 17:27

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Why is the name of peter even mentioned?

Why does Christ change Peter’s name, God changing a persons name like Abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel always signifies a mission or ministry!

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom? Isa 22:21-22

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

First and chief apostle!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Peter is head of the church on earth in the place of Christ until His return!

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

Matt 17:27 Jesus identified peter with himself.

Matt 16:17 Peter alone received revelation from the Father

Lk 22:32 Peter to strengthen his brethren (the apostles)

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep

Peter exercises his authority over the apostles and the church!

Acts 1:15
Acts 3:4
Acts 5:5 5:10
Acts 10:44
Acts 15:7

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Peter is the prime minister, father, and head of the church on earth until Christ returns Isa 22:21-22

Seat of peter remains Until Christ returns
Matt 28:19-20

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago

Lk 22

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the houser, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

Why does Christ change Peter’s name, God changing a persons name like Abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel always signifies a mission or ministry!

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom? Isa 22:21-22

also have to explain
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

First and chief apostle!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Peter is the prime minister, father, and head of the church on earth until Christ returns Isa 22:21-22

You are scared to answer direct questions so you post your rubbish. There is no seat of Peter mentioned in the scripture. Your lies are exposed

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are scared to answer direct questions so you post your rubbish. There is no seat of Peter mentioned in the scripture. Your lies are exposed

Matt 23:2
Seat of Moses
Matt 21:43 taken away
Matt 16:18-19 given to Peter
So yes seat of Peter
Jurisdictional authority

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
only the eternal father is His father
His father is God. The only true God...Jn 17:
1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

See for yourself, Jesus said the father is the only true God.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Matt 23:2
Seat of Moses
Matt 21:43 taken away
Matt 16:18-19 given to Peter
So yes seat of Peter
Jurisdictional authority
Gross misunderstanding of the scripture...43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
There is no mention of taking anything from Moses and giving it to Peter. That is referring to the Jews and the church. Notice it is given to a nation.
1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago

there is no mention of a seat of Peter
How could Peter be the head of the church until Christ returns? Peter is dead is he not? The pope is not Peter, is he?

Reactions: RedFan and Dropship

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 16:18, “... upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”

Some think that the rock is Peter, others think that the rock is Christ; some think that the rock is God’s word—and actually, the rock is primarily referring to CHRistian CHRonology in His Word! Do you know the date, when Jesus made this statement? Did you know that He chose a specific date to say this, in order to reveal the great importance of His chronology plan? Did you notice that Jesus even mentioned chronology, in the immediate context?

Matthew 16:13,21, “When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples [Jesus chose the TIME, to initiate this subject] ... From that TIME forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem ... and be killed, and be raised again the third day [chronology].”
Whereas the chronology and timing of events are important, I don’t believe that there are many who actually understand what the scripture that you quoted in the OP means.

I believe that Christ is the Rock....because Peter was not elevated above any of the other apostles in the service of their Master....but what are the “gates of hell” that Jesus mentioned?
What was it that was not going to prevail against the "church"?

I'd like to hear what people have to say about that....

As far as the timing of biblical events, we already know that the Creator is a precise time keeper. Everything happens at the correct time, including the appearance of the one Jesus described in Matthew 24:45...a “faithful and wise slave” who would be appointed at the time of Jesus’ “parousia” and who would feed Christ’s household of fellow slaves, “their food at the proper time”. This is spiritual food as Peter was also told to “feed” Jesus’ sheep. (John 21:15-17)

The things happening in the world right now indicate that the "last days" of this present system of world government are drawing to a close, and it will take many by surprise because their churches are not preparing their flocks for what is coming....(Daniel 2:44)

..."just like the days of Noah"
, Jesus said....and here we are...the majority of people are "taking no notice" of the warning contained in God's word and will be swept away in a global catastrophe just like the people in Noah's day were. (Matthew 24:37-39)...only this time it will not be a flood...and the cleansing will be permanent.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His father is God. The only true God...Jn 17:
1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

you’re confusing nature with persons

if Jesus is not divine what is he exactly?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gross misunderstanding of the scripture...43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
There is no mention of taking anything from Moses and giving it to Peter. That is referring to the Jews and the church. Notice it is given to a nation.
1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

taken from old Israel (mosaic) given to new Israel ( new covenant church)
Matt 21:45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is no mention of a seat of Peter
How could Peter be the head of the church until Christ returns? Peter is dead is he not? The pope is not Peter, is he?

is John the Baptist Elijah?

yes Peter and his successors

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
you’re confusing nature with persons
what rubbish are you talking? I simply posted the scripture ...Jesus father is God. The only true God...Jn 17:

if Jesus is not divine what is he exactly?
Jesus is the son of God...that is what he said he is...
John 10:36
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
...Why do you insist on saying he is what he never said he is?

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
taken from old Israel (mosaic) given to new Israel ( new covenant church)
More of your lies you are saying it is taken from Israel and given to Israel.How does that make sense?...Here is the truth, Jews and Gentiles are joined to make up the church...not taken apart...Therefore not Israel Eph 2:
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Matt 21:45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.
Yes as I said the church is the Holy Nation consisting of Israelites and Gentiles, Peter is not the nation nor was the nation given to Peter...

Yes, Jesus was speaking to all his disciples, you are taking that verse out of context...
25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.
28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Jesus says in his kingdom the greatest should be as the lesser and the lesser as the greater...The pope is not the lesser is he? He is like a gentile king.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what rubbish are you talking? I simply posted the scripture ...Jesus father is God. The only true God...Jn 17:

Jesus is the son of God...that is what he said he is...
John 10:36
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
...Why do you insist on saying he is what he never said he is?

verse 5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Christ was with the father BEFORE the world was created
In the beginning before the creation was only God!
Gen 1

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also the Father represents the Godhead!

Christ is the eternally begotten son

and the Holy Spirit proceeds fro the father and the son

Jesus is true God and true man

two natures and two wills in one person

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope and neither is the pope Peter.

There is no mention of Peter being a pope in the scripture. You are a shameless liar. Pots a scripture to support your lies

but JTB came in the spirit of Elijah

and Peter is the pope (pope means papa or father)

Isa 22:21

Lk 22

also have to explain

First and chief apostle!

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

4 important questions:

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

4) why did Christ give the keys to Peter (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. Isa 22:21-22 why even bother to mention Peter if he is not involved?

Explain Jn 20:21 Peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! “As the father sent me, so I send you”!

Matt 28:19 christ communicates his authority to peter and the apostles to teach all nations, baptize all disciples!
Jn 20:21-23 apostles even have authority to forgive sins
Matt 23 the authority and power of the successors of Moses required to be obeyed are taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

2 Tim 3: 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
(Protestants, fundamentalists, etc.)

Christ and His church are one!
God cannot reveal error and the church cannot teach error!

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics like luther, calvin, etc. but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!

Questions about Jesus, Peter, and the keys!

How can Jesus be the builder and the church being built?

If Christ is the rock:

1) Why does Christ even mention Peter?

2) Why did Christ change Peter’s name? (Indicating an office or ministry, similar to Abram & Jacob)

3) Why did Christ give the keys to Peter? (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. (Refer to Isa 22:21-22)

4) Why does Christ identify peter with himself! Matt 17:27
Where is the coin for the other apostles?

5) Why is Peter commanded to feed Christ’s sheep (the other apostles) and the lambs? (The people)
Jn 21:17

If Peter’s confession is the rock:

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

Christ is the Head of the Church.The Pope sits on His seat (position) on earth not in place of Christ as it's Head, but as an indication of his primacy among men living, his honor as governor (for Christ)and his jurisdiction, as the leader of the Church in this realm. Governing a realm, being given a jurisdiction by the King is not replacing the King.