Christian Communes in USA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tyleryhwh

Jul 20, 2022
Kent
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am deeply interested and motivated in the idea of living with fellow Christians in a commune preferably off-grid, living in a town with only a handful of Christians it's hard to really show your faith and love for Jesus, there isn't too much I can find online so I thought I'd post here, so if you know of such a place then please comment.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am deeply interested and motivated in the idea of living with fellow Christians in a commune preferably off-grid, living in a town with only a handful of Christians it's hard to really show your faith and love for Jesus, there isn't too much I can find online so I thought I'd post here, so if you know of such a place then please comment.
It sounds like a nice idea but is contrary to the task Jesus has set us. If we only live with other Christians how can we spread the Good News or reach people who are in need?

I loved being with so many Christians at the Dales bible weeks but it isn't real life. In reality we live in the world where there are lost souls and darkness. We are to be the light in that darkness. We are the ones who are meant to let out light shine, to live in the world yet not be part of it.

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Hey, welcome here! :) There is JPUSA in Chicago (Jesus people USA). They take in guests to check them out.

Not sure if there is anything of that sort where you live. Maybe in Scotland on those isles...can't remember the name...Iona???. :oops:

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't know of many communites that are Christian & are off the grid except the Amish, that all i know

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wikipedia has an article..
- 'List of Intentional Communities'
*Some of them..'Christian'.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi@tyleryhwh I've had those kind of thoughts also, not so that I could be separate from the world but more to do with finding some sort of utopia. Living in a christian community off grid sounds awesome :)

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi@tyleryhwh I've had those kind of thoughts also, not so that I could be separate from the world but more to do with finding some sort of utopia. Living in a christian community off grid sounds awesome :)
It sounds like it should be good to live with other Christians but I have known a number of people who have lived in communities and lived to regret it and broken away. I am currently in touch with a lady who was robbed of her whole childhood and whose whole life was ruined by being brought up in a community of very strict Christians who should be ashamed of the way they treated her and the other children in their care.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It sounds like it should be good to live with other Christians but I have known a number of people who have lived in communities and lived to regret it and broken away. I am currently in touch with a lady who was robbed of her whole childhood and whose whole life was ruined by being brought up in a community of very strict Christians who should be ashamed of the way they treated her and the other children in their care.
I can totally understand but I wasn't thinking along the lines of Waco Texas or gloryvale here in NZ. I was thinking about believers that are possibly from a variety of denominations who want to live off grid and create a Christ centered environment. :) that would be cool!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, I pray Father for you NOT to take them out of the world but to KEEP them from the evil of the world.

We have such a place we are going to, PTL .
We are headed home to where it will glorious forever! Jesus has gone before us to make sure our home is prepared. I'm waiting on the call " Come up hither" PTL

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can totally understand but I wasn't thinking along the lines of Waco Texas or gloryvale here in NZ. I was thinking about believers that are possibly from a variety of denominations who want to live off grid and create a Christ centered environment. :) that would be cool!
That is what I'm talking about in the UK. When we used to go to the Dales Bible Week in Harrogate it was wonderful to be with all those other Christians so i can understand people like the idea of living in communities.

When i first joined our church it was called a Christian community but we didn't live together or even close but we lived as though we were a real community sharing skills, and belongings, meeting needs offering hospitality as the template in Acts. But I wouldn't have wanted to live with them in an exclusive area.