Christian Fiction, Sci fi,make believe...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amadeus,

The scripture defines this for us.

Contained in the scripture is God's truth but as you see by the contradictory beliefs on this forum and the apparently thousands of church groups based on often exactly the same scriptures that it will take more than your word or mine or the consensus of any group of men to properly sort it out so that we all agree on every point. I see the answer in the following verses [and others], but you will probably disagree even though I am using the scripture that provides the definition. You may say that I am not understanding. Who resolves the difference when two people disagree on the meaning of what is written?

"...God...Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:5-6

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Reactions: Sabertooth

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, then you have a problem with interpretation. "All [flesh]" means all.

If you are going to make exception, then "all" have not sinned either, and then anything goes and you can stop judging others.
All as in Jew and gentile, Only Israel had the scriptures; learn your bible my friend before you try and attack.

Romans 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have quoted that to others on the forum before - it didn’t make the slightest bit of difference !
Rita
@Rita Those are great, refreshing verses at the end of Revelation 22:

"20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."

Reactions: Rita

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amadeus,

You say God talks to people. Let me ask for clarification.
1]Are you suggesting an audible voice that could be recorded on a tape recorder or video?
I presume no such thing, but neither I do deny the possibility for God. Why would you choose to limit Him? Do you have a verse for that? But then again I have heard God in an audible voice when He has used the mouth of an anointed believer to speak His Word. Sometimes I have read postings of yours that were as I see it undoubtedly His Word. But don't let that cause your head to swell. God used even the high priest who conspired to have Jesus killed to speak the Truth:

"And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,
Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.
And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;: John 11:49-51

2] Are you suggesting some "still small voice" like many hold out for?
I suggest that God communicates with different people in different ways. If you listened to or read people's testimonies you would get an idea of the variety. Are some of them phony or deluded? Perhaps but having had my own experiences I would doubt the assertion that none of them were really of God.

3] Some other voice?
4] If an audible voice, what did it sound like? Did you detect an accent?
No matter what I heard and how I heard it if you have already decided that it could not be of God what difference would my answer make? Some of my testimonies have been posted to this forum in the past. You doubt them? That is your choice... but fortunately for all of us neither you nor I make any binding judgments on anyone else.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amadeus,

Anthony said:You would have to explain and clarify.
1]traveled to heaven and back
Amadeus said: Yes, I have, but probably not everyone understands heaven or the heaven as I do. That's whole other subject I guess.

Anthony said: I am interested in your thoughts on this. If you have posted on this somewhere share the link, otherwise I would like you to expand on this if time permits.

What people do or do not understand as heaven or heavens is the problem. Some will say that the three heavens are a physical thing divided similar to the way science might divide the atmosphere of planet Earth between, Ionosphere, Troposphere, Stratosphere, and perhaps include also in outer space where effectively there is no air.
I've seen such a definition provided by others on Christian forums. But what does God say to us? Perhaps that... but is there no more?

What if the three levels of the Ark built by Noah are types or shadows for us of the three heavens of God's reality? And what if the three parts [1) Outer court, 2) Holy Place, 3) Holies of Holies] of the tabernacle in the wilderness built to God's specifications are also as types and shadows of the three heaven's of God's reality?

You don't see or understand that? Consider this verse about Jesus:

"If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." John 3:12-13

Do you not see three heavens in those verses? [was and, is now, and shall be?] Jesus came 'down' from third heaven where he was with the Father where there is no sin and never has been and never can be any sin or anyone who can or would sin.

Jesus came down to where sin was a possibility, to a place where even he was tempted. Tempted, but he never succumbed to temptation and sinned as have all of the rest of mankind. Jesus visited the filthy unclean beasts dwelling the lowest level of the Ark of Noah [That is those of us saved, but still unclean.] Jesus taught the beasts who would listen about places where he was and where he had been and where he would be [all three heavens]. But each of us needed to move up from the death of outer darkness to the unclean and the clean and then to the top where there ... like unto God. Notice that unclean and clean beasts and men were save in Noah's Ark. How does one move from one level to the next higher one?

I could describe more and perhaps provide more verses, but you or someone would say that I was twisting scripture. Do you have a meaning for all of those verses? Different than mine? Why is yours good and my twisted?
You have the backing the orthodox churches? You don't mean the Catholic Church? Why not? Has it not been here longer that any other physically visible church group?

As for me having gone to heaven and returned: When I was first "saved", I repented I was at least in 1st heaven but perhaps even 2nd heaven [2nd heaven being where the Holy Ghost could work on killing the beasts that want to sin still]. When I went home not praying without ceasing or rejoicing in the Lord always, probably I remained in 1st heaven until and if I yielded to those old man desires that when followed lead right back to sin [...the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life... as per I John 2:16]... Then following the lead of those beasts, it is away from the the outer court of 1st heaven out into outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

In and out I have gone [who has bypassed this in and out thing?] with longer more frequent periods spent in 2nd heaven [still a beast, but being cleaned more completely as I don't yield or yield less to those lustful and prideful ways] Hopefully, the end result is to kill every single attracting beast. Once having killed those beasts completely then there would be nothing to prevent entrance into the Holiest of Holies, 3rd heaven, where there is not beast nature at all.

You don't like or believe my scenario of God's heavens? Then you explain all of the verses I quoted or alluded to in connection with what you do believe?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Joel 2 was fulfilled at Pentecost Acts2:16....this is that.

Fulfilled does not mean ceased, Jesus came to fulfil the law, He came to fulfil the scriptures, He came to fulfil the OT prophecies (the prophecies of how he came to this earth, what He did on this earth, what happened to Him on this earth, what He did for us on the cross, His Resurrection, and the pouring out of His Holy Spirit) those were the prophecies that were fulfilled.

As a result, whoever believes in Him shall not die but have eternal life, people are still getting saved, people are still getting set free and cleansed from their sins when they choose to accept Jesus as their Lord. So fulfillment does not mean cessation.

Reactions: amadeus and Rita

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amadeus,

I am not certain what you mean here?
1] Are you praying in an actual language?
2] What about this do you see as vital to your prayer? Spiritual life, Physical life?

Are you speaking of Spiritual or physical death?
I talk to God in a language given to me by Him for that purpose. For many years now, each morning without fail and from time to time during the day, I talk to God. I may begin in English, but when my thoughts fail or flesh is hindering me too much I will slip into the language that does not fail to convey what needs to be conveyed. When it is neither phony nor baby babble, but truly of God then as per Isaiah:

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

At Babel [Gen 11] people got together and decided they would build a tower up to heaven. Lot of church groups may be doing the same thing today. God helped them by breaking apart that false misdirected unity allowing any who would to start again along the right pathway. Soon reading the scriptures we see Noah and later Abram who became Abraham. They were on the approach, but as we read we see that each of these patriarchs still had beasts striving for the mastery.

Now with this new and clearer pathway that Jesus made possible, we can do what Noah and Abraham and David could not. The ability to kill our beasts is available through the Holy Spirit within a man...if the man will allow it. Many will not. Too many are moving back and forth in and out of one heaven to another heaven or even back into death.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you suggest happened? Nothing you would comprehend...only those who are spiritually minded can understand the ways of God

What special things are you claiming? I won't share anything with you at this point since you are trying to make a mockery of it.

You claimed you heard an audible voice? No I didn't....I said I have heard Him speak...In my spirit.

Did it have an accent? You have got to be kidding....."it"? How dare you insult the Holiness of God

Did you record the voice? You are so ignorant of how He speaks to us and this question proves it.
What do you suggest happened? Nothing you would comprehend...only those who are spiritually minded can understand the ways of God

What special things are you claiming? I won't share anything with you at this point since you are trying to make a mockery of it.

You claimed you heard an audible voice? No I didn't....I said I have heard Him speak...In my spirit.

Did it have an accent? You have got to be kidding....."it"? How dare you insult the Holiness of God

Did you record the voice? You are so ignorant of how He speaks to us and this question proves it.
I am done with you.
OUTTA HERE!!!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fulfilled does not mean ceased, Jesus came to fulfil the law, He came to fulfil the scriptures, He came to fulfil the OT prophecies (the prophecies of how he came to this earth, what He did on this earth, what happened to Him on this earth, what He did for us on the cross, His Resurrection, and the pouring out of His Holy Spirit) those were the prophecies that were fulfilled.

As a result, whoever believes in Him shall not die but have eternal life, people are still getting saved, people are still getting set free and cleansed from their sins when they choose to accept Jesus as their Lord. So fulfillment does not mean cessation.

This verse was not used to teach cessation but someone used the verse trying to say it is ongoing.
I pointed out that verse 16 says the prophecy of Joel was being fulfilled at Pentecost;
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

The prophecy had been there for hundreds of years, Peter identifies Pentecost as what Joel was speaking of.

Josho, what have you read on cessationism, other than wikipedia? have you studied it out?
I doubt you have based on your comments. I doubt that you even know the position.
Angela moves this thread to the unorthodox doctrine forum because she has no understanding that this is the orthodox position.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Heart2Soul,

I won't share anything with you at this point since you are trying to make a mockery of it.

You have got to be kidding....."it"? How dare you insult the Holiness of God

You are so ignorant of how He speaks to us and this question proves it.

I see you are so spiritually minded, no one can teach you anything. You just are so spiritual, you and the others by pass scripture,:oops:

Scripture means so little to those who think of themselves more highly than they ought.

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Thanks for your partial responses, sorry you cannot welcome the scripture at this time.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Heart2Soul,

I see you are so spiritually minded, no one can teach you anything. You just are so spiritual, you and the others by pass scripture,:oops:

Scripture means so little to those who think of themselves more highly than they ought.

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Thanks for your partial responses, sorry you cannot welcome the scripture at this time.

Being Spiritually minded in Jesus Christ is a good thing. Would you like to be Spiritually minded too?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amadeus,

Why are you suggesting this was of God?What did the postcard say?
Why would you believe that it was not of God when you know that God can do all things? Why would you even try to limit God? No, I won't tell you what the card said. It would make no difference to the spirit you present of doubting the possibilities of God. You have closed up God by saying that it was all said and done when the last sentence of our written Bible was written. It is not all in your heart, but for you, you have defined it is an AT [Absolute Truth] even though the only one with complete unlimited comprehension is God alone. You are not Him and neither am I. We know about God only what He has revealed to us and what we have allowed Him to reveal to us.

Two open doors required. Jesus opened one. The other one is under our control. He knocks and will continue to do so, but if we refuse admit that by opening our Door He can and will bring us more, we limit the Holy One of Israel even as they did:

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev 3:20-21

There is no need, there are no Apostles on earth today.
No apostles at all huh? Who decided that there is no more of this even though we see it all around us... and if we are honest perhaps even in ourselves?

"That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;" Eph 4:14

How did you know it was Satan himself?
If you bound Him, how did He get loose again?
You are pouncing on what you presume that I believe. Satan is our adversary. When he is bound in me then I know because a thing which previously tempted me to sin no longer is able to win. I am not talking some free beastly entity that roams about planet Earth looking for some slothful believer who has opened his door the wrong way while closing the Way in to Jesus. I don't control what the adversaries of others may tempt them to do. I don't even alone control what the adversary would do to me if I tried to stand against him alone.

When I surrender to the Holy Ghost in me so that He can work, no devil can win any battle in me. He is bound. So long as I don't go back into 1st heaven or out into outer darkness, he is bound. If he were never bound in anyone then only the Head would be there at the end of the road, a Head without a Body... But there shall be a Body of Christ. Give God the glory!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amadeus,
And is this conclusion based on a personal revelation to from God or is it based on your own beliefs?
My beliefs are based on scripture.
Have you ever made a mistake?
Yes I have made mistakes, but I welcome any biblical correction.
Are you always in the Spirit of God?
The Spirit of God always indwells me,and he will not leave or forsake me.

What if your criteria is in error?

I have looked at this through the lens of scripture. I have visited these meeting firsthand,i have been among these people , I know the verses they misuse to teach and believe their error.
Someone would have to make a scriptural case and answer to the historic position.
Those on this thread do not understand the teaching, so they try and demean anyone who holds the historic view.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Heart2Soul,

You know The Pharisees that persecuted Jesus, probably thought they knew the scriptures very well, but they weren't very spiritually minded though, so they could not see the Messiah doing the work of God in front of them.

Reactions: amadeus

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being Spiritually minded in Jesus Christ is a good thing. Would you like to be Spiritually minded too?
Your question presupposes that I am not spiritually-minded.
I have to be honest with you. I am not certain that you really understand what it is to be Spiritually minded as scripture speaks of it.
What have you studied on it?
What do you think being spiritually minded even means?
Have you examined this biblically?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You include FAKES with FACTS, exactly as @Anthony D'Arienzo did in his OP.
Joseph Smith is A FACT OF LIFE. The LDS Church worldwide has a membership of over 12 million. And Smith is still regarded as a special prophet sent by God with new revelations. Since you are looking for new revelations, there's the place to look. Otherwise be content with the Bible.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know The Pharisees that persecuted Jesus, probably thought they knew the scriptures very well, but they weren't very spiritually minded though, so they could not see the Messiah doing the work of God in front of them.
You angelina, H2S,pompador, assume the worst about posters. Not one of you has shown grace or a command of scripture, just a willingness to attack what you do not understand. That was more like a pharisee than anything i am posting.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All as in Jew and gentile, Only Israel had the scriptures; learn your bible my friend before you try and attack.

Romans 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
Your error is still error, "all flesh" is still all, for the context includes "the bridegroom" and "the bride."

Apparently you yourself have read the bible, but do not understand.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amadeus,

Why would you believe that it was not of God when you know that God can do all things?
To stay on topic we need to be careful in what language we use.
Originally you said the postcard was written by God, but that is not what you meant.

Some have said; God spoke to me as if they heard an audible voice, but that is not what they meant.
Why would you even try to limit God?
I do not, I just follow the biblical guidelines

No, I won't tell you what the card said. It would make no difference to the spirit you present of doubting the possibilities of God. You have closed up God by saying that it was all said and done when the last sentence of our written Bible was written.

God said do not add to it,or take away from it, so I believe what God said.

It is not all in your heart, but for you, you have defined it is an AT [Absolute Truth] even though the only one with complete unlimited comprehension is God alone.

God has given us His word and Spirit to keep us safe.