Christian Fiction, Sci fi,make believe...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amadeus,

My beliefs are based on scripture.

So are those of many who oppose your beliefs but love God. My question was whether your conclusion was based of a revelation to from God or on your own beliefs. You know what I believe and sidestepped my question. Since you apparently don't admit to receiving revelations directly from God... unless you misunderstand the ultimate nature of your source... that means it is based on you own beliefs as you understand what is written in scripture.

You simply say scripture, not admitting that different people who are sincere in their beliefs interpret the scriptures different from each other. That means that you could be wrong on some of your beliefs even as the one who disagrees with you could be wrong. You won't confront this as a problem. This leaves us with little to discuss on that point.

Yes I have made mistakes, but I welcome any biblical correction.

That admission of error is good, but you refuse to even consider the possibility your entire approach to God could be wrong. I cannot prove you are wrong. Only God can show you any error in you. He may use a person to do it, but when your heart and mind are closed, you block even God. That is what 'free will' is. I truly hope that you will admit to the possibility you are in error here. A person who is directing his own steps is definitely in trouble. Jeremiah wrote that [Jerem 10:23] talking about carnal men. We are carnal men unless and if we are in every step being fully directed by the Holy Spirit. If all of us were like that there would be no disagreements.

The Spirit of God always indwells me,and he will not leave or forsake me.

It is not for me to deny that. But consider that having the Spirit of God within does not mean that the Spirit of God is always leading. Is this not why Apostle Paul the following words?

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

I have looked at this through the lens of scripture. I have visited these meeting firsthand,i have been among these people , I know the verses they misuse to teach and believe their error.
Someone would have to make a scriptural case and answer to the historic position.
Those on this thread do not understand the teaching, so they try and demean anyone who holds the historic view.
You have looked at it through the lens of scripture as you understand and believe it. Do you think that I and others here have not? Why is that we disagree? The historic position is what? Because it was established long it must be right? The Catholic position was also established long ago and some of their people also believe that they are right. Lots of time in a position does not prove that it is the correct position.

I am not trying to demean you. You seem to me to be very sincere, which means it is coming from your heart. That is, I believe, very important to God... perhaps more important in many cases than doctrine.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the apostle John has already told you that there will be no more new revelations after The Revelation ...
Joseph Smith is A FACT OF LIFE.

Your First statement is FALSE, and your Second statement is TRUE. So HALF of what you assert is accurate. -- And a stopped clock is correct twice a day, which is a better statistic than yours.

Bobby Jo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Heart2Soul,

I see you are so spiritually minded, no one can teach you anything. You just are so spiritual, you and the others by pass scripture,:oops:

Scripture means so little to those who think of themselves more highly than they ought.

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Thanks for your partial responses, sorry you cannot welcome the scripture at this time.
You will have your eyes opened some day...but at this time I simply do not agree with what you are teaching so therefore you cannot be my teacher.
A word of caution...most of your threads so far express what you believe and those who join and engage end up in this same boat with you declaring you know the Bible and they are wrong..... is this thinking of yourself more highly than you should....hmmm didn't you accuse me of that? Oh hypocrite remove the beam from your own eye before taking the splinter out of mine.
BTW...here is the scripture I was pointing out earlier....there are millions of unrecorded acts of miracles, signs and wonders throughout history.
John 21 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁴ This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.
²⁵ And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"amadeus

So are those of many who oppose your beliefs but love God. My question was whether your conclusion was based of a revelation to from God or on your own beliefs.
All revelation has been given by God. He had men write His word.
Believers are given the Spirit to be able to begin to welcome Divine truth.
There are many reasons why professed believers differ in understanding.
I have not been given new revelation, but rather some of the revelation that has been given has been illuminated to me, and any who serve God in truth.

You know what I believe and sidestepped my question.

I do not sidestep anything. Sometimes on long threads I might not see every post as I work different hours. I just stopped working at 3am.

Since you apparently don't admit to receiving revelations directly from God... unless you misunderstand the ultimate nature of your source... that means it is based on you own beliefs as you understand what is written in scripture.

Try and be more precise in the terms you are using. God allows believers to receive truth that has already been given in scripture.
1 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

You simply say scripture, not admitting that different people who are sincere in their beliefs interpret the scriptures different from each other. That means that you could be wrong on some of your beliefs even as the one who disagrees with you could be wrong. You won't confront this as a problem. This leaves us with little to discuss on that point.
1 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

That admission of error is good, but you refuse to even consider the possibility your entire approach to God could be wrong. I cannot prove you are wrong. Only God can show you any error in you. He may use a person to do it, but when your heart and mind are closed, you block even God. That is what 'free will' is. I truly hope that you will admit to the possibility you are in error here. A person who is directing his own steps is definitely in trouble. Jeremiah wrote that [Jerem 10:23] talking about carnal men. We are carnal men unless and if we are in every step being fully directed by the Holy Spirit. If all of us were like that there would be no disagreements.
There is no free will.God reveals truth or conceals truth.
Christians are not carnal men , but rather spiritual.

It is not for me to deny that. But consider that having the Spirit of God within does not mean that the Spirit of God is always leading. Is this not why Apostle Paul the following words?

Or the Spirit is always leading but we are not always obedient.

You have looked at it through the lens of scripture as you understand and believe it. Do you think that I and others here have not? Why is that we disagree? The historic position is what? Because it was established long it must be right? The Catholic position was also established long ago and some of their people also believe that they are right. Lots of time in a position does not prove that it is the correct position.

I am not trying to demean you. You seem to me to be very sincere, which means it is coming from your heart. That is, I believe, very important to God... perhaps more important in many cases than doctrine.
[/QUOTE]

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"amadeus

So are those of many who oppose your beliefs but love God. My question was whether your conclusion was based of a revelation to from God or on your own beliefs.
All revelation has been given by God. He had men write His word.
Believers are given the Spirit to be able to begin to welcome Divine truth.
There are many reasons why professed believers differ in understanding.
I have not been given new revelation, but rather some of the revelation that has been given has been illuminated to me, and any who serve God in truth.

You know what I believe and sidestepped my question.

I do not sidestep anything. Sometimes on long threads I might not see every post as I work different hours. I just stopped working at 3am.

Since you apparently don't admit to receiving revelations directly from God... unless you misunderstand the ultimate nature of your source... that means it is based on you own beliefs as you understand what is written in scripture.

Try and be more precise in the terms you are using. God allows believers to receive truth that has already been given in scripture.

There is no free will.God reveals truth or conceals truth.
Christians are not carnal men , but rather spiritual.

Or the Spirit is always leading but we are not always obedient.

You have looked at it through the lens of scripture as you understand and believe it. Do you think that I and others here have not?
I have not said that for the most part. I see several that seem to have a defective view of the primary importance of scripture.
This is a theology debate, discussion forum.
Everyone brings to the table, what they have or do not have.
Hopefully we can learn some things that help us minister to others.

Why is that we disagree?
There are many reasons we do not agree.

1]A novice just is not going to have an overall handle on scripture that a mature saint should have.
2]Sadly some older saints have not sought truth the way they should.

3]There are many beliefs out there. It takes godly wisdom and knowledge of scripture to sought through it, and this is an ongoing process.

4]On this forum I have read several indicate they do not need to read scripture,They claim the Holy Spirit just let's them know directly,lol.This is horrendous error, and excessive hubris.

5] Some have been taught error, before they had a chance to get some command on the 66 books. They have not followed this;1thess5:
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

6] God reveals and conceals truth by design;
19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

The historic position is what?

When I say that I am speaking of the historic confessional churches.
All of them agree on this;
Historic Confessions | Reformed Theology and Apologetics

look them over

Because it was established long it must be right? The Catholic position was also established long ago and some of their people also believe that they are right. Lots of time in a position does not prove that it is the correct position.
No, we are responsible like the Bereans to search the scriptures to see if these things are so.

Thank you for not posting unkind things. that being said, I welcome any critic who believes they detect error in what I offer. Several have claimed such things, but not one has stepped up to prove or show any such thing scripturally.
My sincerity does not mean much if I am in error. Many sincere souls will perish, even those who claimed they were "moving in the gifts", when in reality they were lying;
Mt7:21-24, they claimed they did these things in Jesus name.
Sorryfor the delay, I fell asleep while answering, lol.:oops:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SURE! -- Perhaps if you were struck off your horse by blindness, maybe GOD could speak to you.

Or not.
Bobby Jo
You are of course like several others assuming God has not spoken to me in and through His word.
You can believe what you need to, but unless you demonstrate biblically your position, it is in vain.
Everyone can be critical of everyone, but what saith the scripture is what matters.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heart2Soul,

You will have your eyes opened some day..
You and others assume my eyes are not open because I look at your claims and find them to be contra scriptural. Could I say the same about your posts and you? What is gained by that?

but at this time I simply do not agree with what you are teaching

Okay, that is your right and responsibility to look and consider. I am okay with you suggesting what you believe is true, but I ask you to understand I have the same responsibility.

so therefore you cannot be my teacher.
Nothing saying I have to be your teacher. You have to make your own mind up on that.
I offer what I do, and what I know. Some like it and some do not. Why does this come as a surprise?

it happened all through scripture.

44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

Some of my best friends are those who originally opposed what I was saying and got quite disturbed until they were forced into scripture to try and disprove what I asserted was scriptural.
I have studied myself into different positions from what i was first taught on some areas.

A word of caution...most of your threads so far express what you believe and those who join and engage end up in this same boat with you declaring you know the Bible and they are wrong..

No one on any forum knowingly presents an error. Do you?
I do take a scriptural stand which is what we are supposed to do. If you feel it is wrong show it. Now you have attempted two or 3 times which is more than most have. I answered you,
I see error on forums, I comment on it and offer correction. The people can consider it, or reject it. This is not a mystery. Do not try and imply motives to me that I do not actual post.

... is this thinking of yourself more highly than you should....hmmm didn't you accuse me of that?
Yes, I did, You posted this to me didn't you?
[Nothing you would comprehend...only those who are spiritually minded can understand the ways of God]

This indicates you think you are so advanced that I could not possibly comprehend what you are saying, and then you assert I am not spiritually minded???
This implies you are questioning my salvation, so you need to calm yourself down

BTW...here is the scripture I was pointing out earlier....there are millions of unrecorded acts of miracles, signs and wonders throughout history.
John 21 (KJV)[/QUOTE
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁴ This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.
²⁵ And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

This verse is not a blank check for everyone living after the first century to just make it up on the go, sorry, but that is an argument from silence.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No one on this board has:

1]traveled to heaven and back
the kingdom of heaven is within you
and we even have a current idiom that seems to apply, "im in heaven, im in hell" so i dunno

2]Had God-given visions
what if they are all "God" given?
3]speak or pray in tongues
ha what if you are "speaking in tongues" right now tho
4]raised the dead
maybe not literally, but how about spiritually?

didnt mean to post that above, not sure the point of the op, but meh
No one on this board has
he who says he knows, doesnt
Yeah. Waiting for the day when the Spirit is poured out in abundance as never before, and all this debate over Cessationism is finally swept away as a thing of the past.
ah well that can be today imo
just change the channel :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo

Historic Confessions | Reformed Theology and Apologetics
look them over
I am somewhat familiar from what I have seen and read on this forum. You are the only reasonably good example I have encountered on this forum, one who is at least willing to talk... if not bend... without calling names like too many here too. I really don't expect you to bend because I say so.

I have numerous other things taking up my time with regard to the things of God as well as in the secular and I don't even work for a living any more. However, I saved access to the site to look over at a later date. God willing i will find the time to review it. Thank you for being reasonable and kind to someone who disagrees even in part.

Amadeus said:
Because it was established long it must be right? The Catholic position was also established long ago and some of their people also believe that they are right. Lots of time in a position does not prove that it is the correct position.

Anthony said:
No, we are responsible like the Bereans to search the scriptures to see if these things are so.
Nothing wrong with searching the scriptures. I do that myself on a regular basis. But I stand with God alone these days. I was forced to quit my one regular connection offline about a year and a half ago. I was looking into some places after that, but then came this Covid 19 thing and most of the churches stopped their regular meetings. Being an old fashioned old man with a very vulnerable spouse with a severely compromised immune system, I cannot even look any more. I have never attended 'online' as a place of fellowship and worship with others. I don't think I can do that. But, I am not in charge. God is. I am striving to follow as He leads.

Thank you for not posting unkind things. that being said, I welcome any critic who believes they detect error in what I offer. Several have claimed such things, but not one has stepped up to prove or show any such thing scripturally.
My sincerity does not mean much if I am in error. Many sincere souls will perish, even those who claimed they were "moving in the gifts", when in reality they were lying;
Mt7:21-24, they claimed they did these things in Jesus name.
Sorryfor the delay, I fell asleep while answering, lol.

Hopefully you slept better than I usually do...LOL

Well as I at least inferred on another post to you, your criteria in this whole search thing is different than mine. While I will, as I indicated, eventually visit the site you mentioned, we both know it is unlikely that I will change much... even though I do try to be open in how I look at things, not pre-judging a matter. It is hard at times, because as I have said, others on this forum apparently from same kind of place in the Lord as you have pushed me away with their attitudes. I work not to ever have such an attitude but I also am a fallible human...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo

I am somewhat familiar from what I have seen and read on this forum. You are the only reasonably good example I have encountered on this forum, one who is at least willing to talk... if not bend... without calling names like too many here too. I really don't expect you to bend because I say so.

I have numerous other things taking up my time with regard to the things of God as well as in the secular and I don't even work for a living any more. However, I saved access to the site to look over at a later date. God willing i will find the time to review it. Thank you for being reasonable and kind to someone who disagrees even in part.

Nothing wrong with searching the scriptures. I do that myself on a regular basis. But I stand with God alone these days. I was forced to quit my one regular connection offline about a year and a half ago. I was looking into some places after that, but then came this Covid 19 thing and most of the churches stopped their regular meetings. Being an old fashioned old man with a very vulnerable spouse with a severely compromised immune system, I cannot even look any more. I have never attended 'online' as a place of fellowship and worship with others. I don't think I can do that. But, I am not in charge. God is. I am striving to follow as He leads.

Well as I at least inferred on another post to you, your criteria in this whole search thing is different than mine. While I will, as I indicated, eventually visit the site you mentioned, we both know it is unlikely that I will change much... even though I do try to be open in how I look at things, not pre-judging a matter. It is hard at times, because as I have said, others on this forum apparently from same kind of place in the Lord as you have pushed me away with their attitudes. I work not to ever have such an attitude but I also am a fallible human...

"I work not to ever have such an attitude but I also am a fallible human..."

You have such a kind and gentle spirit about you John.

Reactions: amadeus and marks

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009,
Hello bb9
the kingdom of heaven is within you
and we even have a current idiom that seems to apply, "im in heaven, im in hell" so i dunno
The Kingdom of Heaven is within believers, but that is not what people are claiming here. They are suggesting going there as the Apostle Paul or John did. They are thinking this with best case scenerio, sanctified imagination.

what if they are all "God" given?

These is no what if, there is only- there is, or there is not.
It would be added to scripture which God will not violate what He has declared.

ha what if you are "speaking in tongues" right now tho

Again there is no what if. Be honest, you know when people are imagining this, they are just making foolish rhyming sounds, I have posted examples of this, rondo mo shiki, komo ra tunda.....is foolish rhyming sounds, not a language.

maybe not literally, but how about spiritually?

Yes, every person that God saves is brought to Spiritual life.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo

Calling names does not edify, but is a manifestation of un mortified flesh.
I ENCOURAGE YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE TO MOVE FORWARD AND SERVE THE LORD AS BEST AS YOU CAN, UNTIL YOU KNOW BETTER.

Proverbs 27:17
King James Version

17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
Nothing wrong with searching the scriptures. I do that myself on a regular basis. But I stand with God alone these days. I was forced to quit my one regular connection offline about a year and a half ago. I was looking into some places after that, but then came this Covid 19 thing and most of the churches stopped their regular meetings.[/QUOTE]
I enjoy this;
www.sermonaudio.com.
I listen and email the Pastors when I have questions.
Being an old fashioned old man with a very vulnerable spouse with a severely compromised immune system, I cannot even look any more. I have never attended 'online' as a place of fellowship and worship with others. I don't think I can do that. But, I am not in charge. God is. I am striving to follow as He leads.

We are both entering that portion of life Solomon spoke of;Eccl12
12 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

3 In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,

4 And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;

5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

8 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.

9 And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.

10 The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.

11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Change come from the Spirit of God.
The link I offered is a good tool and was offered to show that the historic orthodox view is cessationism. Most who are critical and in attack mode, have not even considered the millions who have believed and taught these truths. They do not know what they do not know.:oops:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo
Amadeus said: Why would you believe that it was not of God when you know that God can do all things?
Anthony said:
To stay on topic we need to be careful in what language we use.
Originally you said the postcard was written by God, but that is not what you meant.
Oh it is what I meant but we often speak different languages. You have learned yours as the Catholics learned theirs and as the plumbers, who fix peoples pipes have learned theirs, as I have learned the one that I speak. On forums like this we learn something of the languages of others, but too often we still use our own words with their special connotations which are not understood by others.

Anthony said:
Some have said; God spoke to me as if they heard an audible voice, but that is not what they meant.
Same problem with communication. When we aren't sure what is meant asking is not a bad idea!
Amadeus said:
Why would you even try to limit God
Anthony said:
I do not, I just follow the biblical guidelines
While I hear what you are saying, your biblical guidelines will not always equal the biblical guidelines of another... equals a communication problem.
Amadeus said
No, I won't tell you what the card said. It would make no difference to the spirit you present of doubting the possibilities of God. You have closed up God by saying that it was all said and done when the last sentence of our written Bible was written.
Anthony said:
God said do not add to it,or take away from it, so I believe what God said.
I am all for holding always to exactly what God says, but we have a different means of determining what He said and you are saying He has already said it all. Actually I agree that God has spoken all of the answers already, but the answers to the same question for a person who is effectively a hand in the Body of Christ might be different than the answer for a person who is effectively a foot. Then again two different people who have the same calling in the Body of Christ are likely to have different answers to the same question when they are on different places along the road.

Amadeus said:
It is not all in your heart, but for you, you have defined it is an AT [Absolute Truth] even though the only one with complete unlimited comprehension is God alone.

Anthony said:
God has given us His word and Spirit to keep us safe.
What happens if a person quenches the Spirit instead of letting the Spirit work?

Reactions: Nancy

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo

What happens if a person quenches the Spirit instead of letting the Spirit work?
The Holy Spirit is grieved, and perhaps edification is delayed by the disobedient believer. God will most likely chasten that disobedient believer.Heb12;

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah. Waiting for the day when the Spirit is poured out in abundance as never before, and all this debate over Cessationism is finally swept away as a thing of the past.

Amen! The problem the way I see it that one one side the WOF takes it to far and makes Christianity look real bad with all the shysters and so you have the Calvinist throw out the baby with the bad water coming up with bad theology. There has to be a middle ground instead of either extreme