Christian Fiction, Sci fi,make believe...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context!

I Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Paul said he saw in part and knew in part. John said something similar:

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Speaking of context in 1st Corinthians 13:1 are we spotted verse 8 Love Never Fails but whether there be prophecies they will fail whether there are tongues they will cease whether there is knowledge it will vanish away
why is that?
He tells us in verse 9 for we know in part and we prophesy in part but when that which is perfect is come then that which is in part shall be done away

So the contrast is in partial knowledge that they had at that time and them that when they have complete knowledge that which is in part is done away because they have the whole Revelation now

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry you have come to that conclusion.
I will help you if I can.
I can help to remove obstacles that have obscured your vision, but God has to give you spiritual eyesight.

No I been lost like you once both extremes, both sides lied. I was involved in WOF and reformed and they are both of Satan, God rescued me and I pray you will be rescued from the clutches of Satan.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You continue to arrogantly talk to members here as if they have never read and understood the Bible...your self-righteous wisdom will be your downfall...because it is pride in you that causes you to insult members as you do.
Your words are empty and bears no fruit....and your paraphrasing and ad-lib comments on scripture are filled with half truths...there is no such thing as half truths tho....so that means this is false teaching according to my Bible and teaching from the Holy Spirit.

I have seen, I have heard and I have experienced the wonderful anointing and power of the Holy Spirit in my life.

I really feel sorry for you in a way...but I am going to post this Chapter of 2 Timothy and then be obedient to what it says to do....
2 Timothy 3:1-17
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

I will be praying for you Anthony but I am turning away from anything you try to teach as verse 5 instructs us to do...
For there is nothing I can share that will touch your heart....this is something only the Holy Spirit can do at this time.

Verse 17....that the man of God may be perfect, Thoroughly furnished unto all good works.....this is a very deep scripture...

When you can understand the revelation knowledge of this scripture then come find me.
The only arrogance I see looks as if it is coming from your keyboard.
Once again you accuse me of teaching falsely when you have not even come close to a scriptural response to what I offered.
The others are attacking emotionally and not scripture based.
When I answer each one with scripture they never respond to the scriptures I offered.
Talk about proud boasting, you have "revelation knowledge " and I and the historic church do not???.
Think again on that.
Experience that is contradictory to the word of God is false.
You do n in t understand the confessional position of millions of Christians, yet you just brush it off as error.
That is a proud spirit so I would like d be a little slower to cast stones if I were you.
I have not responded in kind to those who want to denigrate me personally, because they cannot answer scripturally.
You are free to believe whatever you want to.
God reveals and conceals truth.
I will continue to follow what God has for me in and through his word.
People who cannot receive correction from scripture are quick to level a charge saying the bible believer is arrogant or rude.
That does not make it so, it only insures that person will oppose themselves.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I been lost like you once both extremes, both sides lied. I was involved in WOF and reformed and they are both of Satan, God rescued me and I pray you will be rescued from the clutches of Satan.
My friend, you are in a denomination that ordained sodomites into the ministry, and you suggest I am in the clutches of satan?
You might want to keep searching.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit was here since the foundation of the earth in the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:2. He was here as a helper during the days of Prophets with accompanying signs and wonders and miracles. He was here as a helper during the days of the 12 Apostles with accompanying signs and wonders following and he is here today, dwelling in the children of God. That same Holy Spirit that hovered over the surface of the waters in the beginning, is still here with us today as our helper John 14:15-18 and also as a seal of God's promised redemption, Ephesians 1:13, Ephesians 1:14. A guarantee of our inheritance 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5.

The disciples were called disciples because they were students, under a tutor, learning. When God sent them forth to all the world to preach the good news with signs and wonders accompanying them, they became apostles or sent forth ones. Philip the Evangelist and Stephen were not part of the 12 yet they showed signs and wonders like apostles because they were sent forth and preached the gospel. Acts 6:8 And Stephen, full of grace and power, was doing great wonders and signs among the people. Acts 8:6 And the crowds with one accord paid attention to what was being said by Philip, when they heard him and saw the signs that he did. 7 For unclean spirits, crying out with a loud voice, came out of many who had them, and many who were paralyzed or lame were healed

The Apostles mandate was to preach the gospel of Jesus as witnesses to him with signs and wonders accompanying them. Matthew 28:19. This has not stopped today. Disciples and Apostles of today have the same mandate with signs and wonders accompanying them. As long as their are humans on earth, the Holy Spirit will continue to be active in the lives of believers until all people have been given the opportunity of salvation and eternal life. John 3:16.

Take our country for instance. New Zealand was a wild and savage country prior to european settlement in 1840. The indigenous natives did trade with whalers and seal hunters but they were not a party to the Gospel of Jesus until a missionary came here called Rev Samuel Marsden on Christmas day 1814 who become the first person the preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to this nation. His first sermon was based this gospel text.
Luke 2:10-11.
10 Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

He is considered an Apostle because he was sent forth. Now we have thousands of churches here in NZ because of the sent forth ones....

Added: We have a song in NZ which historically marks this very special encounter.

Teharinui - Great Joy

1. Not on a snowy night
    By star or candlelight
    Nor by an angel band
    There came to our dear land
Chorus
Teharinui Teharinui
Te-hari-nu-i
Glad tid-ings of great joy

2. But on a summer day
Within a quiet bay
The Maori people heard
The great and glorious word

Chorus

3. The people gathered round
Upon the grassy ground
And heard the preacher say
I bring to you this day

Chorus

4. Now in this blessed land
United heart and hand
We praise the glorious birth
And sing to all the earth

Chorus
I can be glad and rejoice that this man preached the gospel to the Maori and God was pleased to save there.
He was not a biblical Apostle however.
Moses, Elijah, Elisha, did miracles and signs by the power of God,but there were millions of jews that did not .In the same way, Apostolic sign gifts were done by and around the Apostles. Everyone did not do it then, it is not happening now.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I can be glad and rejoice that this man preached the gospel to the Maori and God was pleased to save there.
He was not a biblical Apostle however.
Moses, Elijah, Elisha, did miracles and signs by the power of God,but there were millions of jews that did not .In the same way, Apostolic sign gifts were done by and around the Apostles. Everyone did not do it then, it is not happening now.

My point entirely. He was not one of the 12 yet there he was accompanied by signs, wonders and miracles following him. How awesome that the Holy Spirit is not contained in a box of theological belief systems that continue to preach and deny his existence and divine works.... yet he continues to do the work in other believers as he has always done. Glory!

Reactions: amadeus

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The perfect or complete revelation has come, that which was in part was done away. That is why God had the Apostles write for us.
Jesus is the full final Revelation.
Love never ends: as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect; but when The Perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away. In my journeys I have run into many types of people and I never know what might leave these lips because I become all things to all people so that some might be saved. I remember running into a perfectionist. The words that came were, The more that you try to be perfect, the more it will allude you(or move away from you) but if choose to seek out The Perfect(move toward) He will move closer to you. This was demonstrated using a salt and pepper shaker on a table. You see, The Perfect is a He and He is never far from anyone. And when He comes again the imperfect will pass away.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend, you are in a denomination that ordained sodomites into the ministry, and you suggest I am in the clutches of satan?
You might want to keep searching.

You may want to rephrase that and use your eyes and read. I AM NOT CATHOLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are very much in the clutches of Satan

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Anthony D'Arienzo you will never, ever convince members here who have been moving in the power of the Holy Spirit for years, that the gifts of the Spirit are not for today. Whether that be signs, wonders or miracles. It is impossible to accept a staid christian religious belief system [very much like the Pharisees] after encountering the Holy Spirit's power and presence in our lives....

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo you will never, ever convince members here who have been moving in the power of the Holy Spirit for years, that the gifts of the Spirit are not for today. Whether that be signs, wonders or miracles. It is impossible to accept a staid christian religious belief system [very much like the Pharisees] after encountering the Holy Spirit's power and presence in our lives....
I can only help those God wants me to. Experience driven people all think they have truth, but it is not so.
I still present scriptural truth as the church has done.
You present your stories and experiences.
No one is "moving in anything".
The Spirit indwells all believers.
I will follow the scriptures as God enables me to.
I told you a woman told me of her experience ,saying the Angel Moroni appeared to her and told her the book of Mormon was true.
I did not convince her that experience was not true either.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point entirely. He was not one of the 12 yet there he was accompanied by signs, wonders and miracles following him. How awesome that the Holy Spirit is not contained in a box of theological belief systems that continue to preach and deny his existence and divine works.... yet he continues to do the work in other believers as he has always done. Glory!
He was not accompanied by signs and wonders.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I can only help those God wants me to. Experience driven people all think they have truth, but it is not so.
I still present scriptural truth as the church has done.
You present your stories and experiences.
No one is "moving in anything".
The Spirit indwells all believers.
I will follow the scriptures as God enables me to.
I told you a woman told me of her experience ,saying the Angel Moroni appeared to her and told her the book of Mormon was true.
I did not convince her that experience was not true either.

Christians who have had divine experiences as the gifts of the Holy Spirit are executed through them are only confirming what has already been written. They are living, breathing witnesses to the word of God. Testimonies of his truth. The Spirit of God does dwell within believers but if you believe [based on your doctrine]that the gifts are not for today.

You Will Never Move In The Gifts Of The Holy Spirit Due To Your Unbelief. Blessings and Peace xox

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your page says Episcopal, but you are not?

No, it says Charismatic Episcopal Church. We are a whole different organization then the Episcopal Church USA or The Anglican Church and we don't do any of that WOF you know we are a three streams:

What Our Communion is
A Church fully sacramental/liturgical: At the center of worship is the Sacrament of Holy Eucharist (Holy Communion) which we believe is the real presence of Christ. We celebrate the living historic forms of the liturgies of the church and the seven Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, Holy Eucharist (Holy Communion), Confession, Healing, Holy Orders and Holy Matrimony.

A Church fully evangelical
We are a church holding to a high view of the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, believing them to contain all things necessary for salvation; nothing can be taught as necessary for salvation that is not contained therein. We are committed to the preaching of the Gospel to fulfill the great commission. We believe that we are saved by grace alone and justified by faith in Christ who is calling us to a personal relationship with Him.

A Church fully charismatic
We are a church open to the continued working of the Holy Spirit. We believe that through the baptism of the Holy Spirit all believers are empowered to participate in the fullness of ministry. The baptism of the Holy Spirit releases in the believer both the fruit and gifts of the Spirit for the building up of the church and the advancement of the Kingdom of God

Consensus government
We are a church governed by bishops in apostolic succession who are humbly submitted to the leading of the Holy Spirit and to each other. At all levels of government, we are a house of prayer, desiring to hear the voice of God. Decisions are made in the council upon coming to a consensus. The church is administered by the orders of bishops, priests, deacons, and laity. All baptized Christians are ministers of the church.

ABOUT CEC-NA | Optimistic since 1992

I must apologize I get very zealous for the truth and can seem mean, I am not.

Reactions: Heart2Soul