Christian Fiction, Sci fi,make believe...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then there was the illiterate man I met from Central America who spoke only Spanish but was overflowing with the love of God. He had never read a Bible because he could not read at all. But He was filled with the Spirit and I heard the Word of God come forth from his mouth. Illiteracy does not disqualify a person for salvation.
Was he Roman Catholic?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then there was the illiterate man I met from Central America who spoke only Spanish but was overflowing with the love of God. He had never read a Bible because he could not read at all. But He was filled with the Spirit and I heard the Word of God come forth from his mouth. Illiteracy does not disqualify a person for salvation.

Some think it does sadly

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did he learn the word? Was he listening to sermons?
I testified to what I heard with my ears and my heart from or through that man for the benefit of readers whose hearts are open to the power of God. You ask questions, but I see no faith in them. He learned from God!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I testified to what I heard with my ears and my heart from or through that man for the benefit of readers whose hearts are open to the power of God. You ask questions, but I see no faith in them. He learned from God!
You did not answer the question. As it is this post is just another story.
If he was full of the love of God, he had to have scriptural input.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You, through implication. Your all over confining your God to only one way of communicating as if that is it
I have to be honest about this belief that the sign gifts were for the apostles only....
To me it implies that the apostles had the power of themselves to perform miracles, healing and deliverance.....because if it was by the power of the Holy Spirit in them then all who have the Holy Spirit have that same ability to perform miracles, healings and deliverance.
If you argue that the Holy Spirit only used them to manifest His power through then you imply that no else has the Holy Spirit abiding in them.
And if the scripture says that signs and wonders followed the preaching of the Word but it was only for the apostles then you imply the Word has no power for today.
Spirit of Lies, the Lord rebuke you....I pray for everyone who has believed your lies to have a supernatural experience from God and that they will bring forth a testimony that will Glorify God and bring deliverance to others who are bound up by you. In Jesus Name your power is defeated.

Last edited:
Reactions: historyb

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You, through implication. Your all over confining your God to only one way of communicating as if that is it
Maybe you should comment on what I actually said,rather than suggest things I did not say.
Because you do not welcome it, does not mean it is not true.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H2s,
1] the signs of an Apostle were for the benefit of the whole church. You still do not understand the teaching.
2] what it "implies " to you with your lack of understanding is not the issue.What scripture declares is what is important.
3] you have not read what has been posted carefully.The teaching of scripture is The Apostles were ordained by God,taught directly by God, who confirmed their teaching with visible sign gifts.
4] It does not say the signs of all believers, it says signs of the Apostles. Now you will attempt to point to mark16, which confirms the teaching that has been offered, the signs filled those who believed the teaching of the Apostles. As the Apostles preached the signs filled those who heard them.
5] All believers have the Spirit indwelling them,1 cor12:13-18, so another mistaken suggestion from you.
6]Then you resort to the make believe binding of a supposed spirit of lies,lol.If that worked you would believe the word of God as written, and not invent a false mystical, experience driven religion.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit, more than likely, wouldn't you agree?
The problem with stories and experiences is we do not get the needed information.
Does Amadeus speak Spanish to know what this man was saying?
Was the man under the.ministry of the word?
No natural man gets saved apart from the work of the Spirit of God.
Did the man confess Jesus as Lord?
We are not called to believe anecdotal stories, but the truth of God.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with stories and experiences is we do not get the needed information.
Well you can question it but what's wrong with simple faith to believe? Jesus said we should come as children....
Does the Bible instruct us to have childlike faith? | GotQuestions.org
An excerpt from the link above...
Although faith is not mentioned in Matthew 18:1–5, we know that it isn’t just humility that ushers a person into heaven; it is faith in the Son of God. A humble, unpretentious faith could rightly be called a “childlike faith.” When Jesus wanted to bless the children, He said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it” (Mark 10:14–15). How does a child receive a gift? With openness, honesty, and unbridled joy. That type of happy authenticity should be a hallmark of our faith as we receive God’s gift in Christ.

Of course, children are easily fooled and led astray. In their artlessness they tend to miss the truth and be drawn to myths and fantasies. But that is not what is meant by having a childlike faith. Jesus promoted a humble, honest faith in God, and He used the innocence of a child as an example. Emulating the faith of children, we should simply take God at His Word. As children trust their earthly fathers, we should trust that our “Father in heaven [will] give good gifts to those who ask him” (Matthew 7:11).

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not answer the question. As it is this post is just another story.
If he was full of the love of God, he had to have scriptural input.

No, he had to have God input!

Without faith, the gospel story we read about Jesus is also just another story. There are unbelievers around us who will call it just that. Are you also then an unbeliever only accepting what you can perceive with the natural five senses and conclude using the logic of your carnal brain? You want proof, but do you forget Jesus answer to those who insisted insist on receiving a sign:

Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." Matt 12:38-10

Again...

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Rom 1:17

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H2s,
1] the signs of an Apostle were for the benefit of the whole church. You still do not understand the teaching.
2] what it "implies " to you with your lack of understanding is not the issue.What scripture declares is what is important.
3] you have not read what has been posted carefully.The teaching of scripture is The Apostles were ordained by God,taught directly by God, who confirmed their teaching with visible sign gifts.
4] It does not say the signs of all believers, it says signs of the Apostles. Now you will attempt to point to mark16, which confirms the teaching that has been offered, the signs filled those who believed the teaching of the Apostles. As the Apostles preached the signs filled those who heard them.
5] All believers have the Spirit indwelling them,1 cor12:13-18, so another mistaken suggestion from you.
6]Then you resort to the make believe binding of a supposed spirit of lies,lol.If that worked you would believe the word of God as written, and not invent a false mystical, experience driven religion.

7]Blessings in Christ Jesus to all! I just want you, Anthony, to be perfectly clear in what you lips have spoken. Are you saying that H2S(Patty) has invented a false mystical experience driven religion?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a made-up garbage term that covers all manner of error. Just claim you are moving in a gift,bark like dogs, crawl on the floor, idiotic rhyming noises, it's all good just tack on...I am "moving in the gifts"
Babies and bath water . . .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I do. I received a Bachelor's degree in Spanish Language and Literature in 1971. I was in Mexico City beginning to work toward another degree when I met my wife and went in another direction. Formally my Spanish studies were done, but in 1978 a couple of years after I really met Jesus, a brother in the Lord purchased German and Spanish Bibles as a gift for me. I had only started reading the Bible in English for the first time in my life in 1976, but from 1978 to the present date my reading has been in the three languages. The church service where I met that man was completely in Spanish.

I speak German almost never these days and Spanish seldom since my one close Mexican friend died a few months ago, but the reading of my Bibles in three languages is a daily thing, seven days a week. That is not to brag but to at least help you understand in part. The rest I guess is between you and God.

You may doubt it, but the man knew God. If every one who knows God has to prove it to anyone who asks, before God would accept them into the kingdom perhaps no one would ever be a part.

What is Truth? That is the question of Pontius Pilate and as you know, Jesus answered it elsewhere in scripture with the words, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life..." Consider from where you seem to be coming on this thing.

You may have some better qualities than them but to me you still sound very much like the Scribes and Pharisees who doubted and questioned Jesus. Are you better because you know the scriptures?

The Pharisees, like Saul of Tarsis, did know the scriptures very well, but they often, like Saul of Tarsis, did not know God. You will tell us that you know God, but so would those Pharisees of old. Saul of Tarsis also was working as he thought for God before meeting Jesus on the road to Damascus, but it most certainly the "left hand" until God showed him the difference between the Left hand and the Right hand of God.

"The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.
Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind." John 9:30-32

Every believer among us on this forum was born blind but when we met Jesus were not our eyes opened? @Anthony D'Arienzo Are you still blind? Do you stand apart with Thomas waiting for Jesus to show you the scars on his body before you will step out in faith?

Last edited:
Reactions: historyb