Christian Forums....Why did you join?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if everyone is totally compliant and has to bury or hide some of what they really believe...where is the discussion and where is the fun in that? :D

There is quite a bit of fun. Like on Catholic forms, Orthodox forums, or forums that have sub forums for different Christian faith groups are quite enjoyable. We can get together in the greater forum and debate and argue theology and go to the faith sub forums to relax and be with people we agree with.

Here I don't have much in common with most here except being a conservative and the very few Catholics here because even though I am not Catholic we both are Traditional Christians, it would be nice to have a place to just discuss that without worrying about someone coming in saying we are pagan,going to hell, etc because we aren't what they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe... I've only seen one forum (out of hundreds), well, there may be more than one (I did not visit all of them),
but I've only seen one that restricts membership/ posting/ replying to those who agree ahead of time that they are of the same belief as the forum originators, and that they will always comply with the rules of their faith - nothing allowed derogatory or contradicting the Bible or the tenants they all hold steadfastly to. It is a peaceful forum, without allowing anti-christs, false gospels, or false teachings.... It is the only forum I've seen that does not have more false than true, in terms of faith and God's Description of what is not true and what is true in Scripture.
Can you give me a clue?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In person few people ever see this perhaps, or they do not realize this.
But
in ACTS, remember the first assembly ? How they lived ? As echad. Echad example. First of many examples.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you give me a clue?
"In the year 1729 1 began not only to read but to study the Bible, as the one, the only standard of truth, and the only model of pure religion. Hence I saw, in a clearer and clearer light, the indispensable necessity of having the mind which was in Christ, and of walking as Christ also walked; even of having not some part only, but all the mind which was in Him; and of walking as He walked, not only in many or in most respects, but in all things."
worthychristianbooks dot com/a-plain-account-of-christian-perfection/
(visited often - no spam, no requirements, no malware)

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"In the year 1729 1 began not only to read but to study the Bible, as the one, the only standard of truth, and the only model of pure religion. Hence I saw, in a clearer and clearer light, the indispensable necessity of having the mind which was in Christ, and of walking as Christ also walked; even of having not some part only, but all the mind which was in Him; and of walking as He walked, not only in many or in most respects, but in all things."

How did John Wesley reconcile Matthew 5:48 with 1 John 1:8?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After over 70 years of faith I am still unable to find that illusive reconciliation so what then might it be be that I believe that is "something false"?
I have no idea what you yourself believe or were ever taught or told.

Scripture does not need reconciling , ever, unless someone believes something false, or simply does not know yet ....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Could you then please explain Matthew 5:48 and 1 John 1:8 in words that you find not to conflict.

Mike
The only way for me is one is speaking to the man of the spirit..the inner man..and the other to our walk and earthly flesh man.

If we didn't see the difference between these two I'm sure the bible would drive us mad..like it or not..both are in what make us "the me" that we are.
Without the confidence of who God says we are In Christ, just being aware of all our natural failings would crush us.
For me that us why He says "dead to sin and alive to Christ".

As Paul says ...we must "reckon ourselves dead to sin.." = count it as done...or the Enemy will steal all joy!

While our feet get dirty as we walk, our soul is always anchored in our faith......all the way Home.

"Will your anchor hold in the storms of life... " etc

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mike
The only way for me is one is speaking to the man of the spirit..the inner man..and the other to our walk and earthly flesh man.

If we didn't see the difference between these two I'm sure the bible would drive us mad..like it or not..both are in what make us "the me" that we are.
Without the confidence of who God says we are In Christ, just being aware of all our natural failings would crush us.
For me that us why He says "dead to sin and alive to Christ".

As Paul says ...we must "reckon ourselves dead to sin.." = count it as done...or the Enemy will steal all joy!

While our feet get dirty as we walk, our soul is always anchored in our faith......all the way Home.

"Will your anchor hold in the storms of life... " etc

Thanks Helen,
That's certainly worth much prayerful consideration.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that your constructive response or is it a fudged evasion.
As I have posted frequently, I often cannot see the references unless you post them. Same on many cell phones.
So if you want an answer, post the wording/texts/context of the verses (in the language you see them in).

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wrote on that-Matthew 5:48. :)

“If thou wilt be perfect, add to all these, charity; add love, and thou hast the circumcision of the heart. “Love is the fulfilling of the law, the end of the commandment.” Very excellent things are spoken of love; it is the essence, the spirit, the life of all virtue. It is not only the first and great command, but it is all the commandments in one. “Whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure,whatsoever things are amiable,” or honorable; “if there be any virtue, if there be any praise,” they are all comprised in this one word, -- love. In this is perfection, and glory, and happiness. The royal law of heaven and earth is this, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength.”

Last edited:

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Work out you own salvation with unprejudiced sincerity, rather than with fear and trembling (if you can).
Only God knows for sure whether he accepts your sincerity as being efficacious to salvation.

God said "fear and trembling" I know I don't do Bible alone but I do take the Bible very seriously and your right only God knows all we can do is follow what He said and hope that we run the good race and fight the good fight :)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
He said people used 1 John 1:8 as an excuse to sin-Matthew 5:48, something to strive for
@2 Chr. 34:19 Sometimes Methodists have been associated historically with so called sinless perfectionism, but it's not Scriptural in the light of John's First Epistle, the Epistle to the Romans, etc. At the same time, the Lord's justifying work for the believer is indeed perfect.