Christian or Dogmatist?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
Here is an excellent post by someone who has become an Atheist.My opinion echoes this.How can any Christian who wants to spread the word of Christ ignore this opinion?Do any of us fall into the following categories?If we do are we somehow missing the point?Everyone has the right to read whatever they want to, whether it is the Bible, the Qur’an or Playboy magazine.My issue is with guilt/shame/control-mongering sectarian dogmatists, who are under the illusion that they have the right and “authority” to tell everyone how to live their lives. To these types, “faith” must be in the “only true” sectarian dogma as promulgated by the hierocracy. This is not even the meaning of Faith as described in the NT, but it is commonly used as a label (e.g. this “faith” or that “faith”) to distinguish between sects or even religions. These types will also seek to foist their dogmas on the entire populace, because to them, being part of the “correct” herd is the “only way”. Many lives have been and are being ruined by this type of thinking.As I have said before, I see Spirituality as an Internal Process of Personal Growth and Devotion the Divine Within, in the Realization of a person’s own Divinity. I see religion as merely an external framework consisting of ritual, observances, tradition and, the all important….dogma. There is nothing wrong with tradition or observances, but the religionist will place prime importance on them and his exclusivist dogmatic inventions.There are many good and decent people, Christians, Muslims and others who are truly Seeking Spiritual Growth and Personal Development. As I see it, True Spirituality Transcends religion, and Seeks to Be in Vibratory Sympathy with TheAllThatIsConveyed. Unfortunately, today, we are continuing to witness some of the most egregious chicanery, violations of Human Rights, and abrogations of Freedom and Liberty ever seen, and all perpetrated in the name of “god” and the legalistic externalities, home-made “commandments” and other absurd fabrications of religionism, where threats, intimidation, segregation, discrimination, pogroms or worse appear to be commonplace, in the on-going efforts of power-hungry religionist prelates to establish ultimate CONTROL.I believe in Freedom, Liberty and a purely secular Government. These must be preserved, but it will take vigilance and effort to remain Free from the demonstrated tyranny of religio-statism.Lastly, the reader may find this site to be interesting:The Philosophical Research Societyhttp://www.prs.org/Wander in and have a look around…..

David161099

Nov 19, 2007
I would about this divinity within.I thought about it this morning.Is that the holy spirit? That pure good spirit that we feel. Do people mistaken the holy spirit for their own divinty?