Christian Patriotism - How Far Is Too Far?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shades of McCarthyism?

McCarthyism:
A vociferous campaign against alleged communists in the US government and other institutions carried out under Senator Joseph McCarthy in the period 1950–54. Many of the accused were blacklisted or lost their jobs, although most did not in fact belong to the Communist Party.

Do you realize how many really Patriotic people were hurt and ruined during that period from 1950-1954 because someone made an accusation without real evidence? They were not convicted in any court, but nonetheless they suffered the very negative consequences for the remainder of their lives. Why do you presume that anyone agreement with you on every point is a convicted enemy. Do not you not believe in that little phrase, which is supposed to be so important to justice in the country: innocent until proven guilty?

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?" Matt 7:1-3

Well, when you only listen to corrupt media pundits I guess you don't get the real news...

Joe McCarthy Was Right

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think about the 1st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution? It gives each citizen the right to speak his mind, does it not?

Yep! It gives you the right to disagree with me, and me the right to disagree with you. But if you knew what is really happening today by those who are persecuting conservative Christians just for being 'conservative' in their view, then you'd understand how some in power are not interested in our 1st Amendment rights per the Constitution of The United States.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
how some in power are not interested in our 1st Amendment rights per the Constitution of The United States.
In fact they are not interested in the Constitution. Period. They are in the process of putting it through the shredder, and replacing it with the Communist Manifesto.

The Declaration of Independence and the The Constitution were put in place as barriers to tyranny. But since the Supreme Court and other federal courts have been disregarding constitutional guarantees for quite some time, respect for the Constitution does not exist in any branch of the government.

The upcoming impeachment of a president who is no longer in office is totally UNCONSTITUTIONAL. That too without a shred of actual evidence to support the Article of Impeachment! Yet it is going forward, and the people who should be opposing this are nowhere to be found. There should be a hue an cry about this illegal maneuver by the Leftists (Democrats And Republicans) to trash the Constitution and Trump, but there is just silence. That Chief Justice John Roberts has refused to preside should tell us something. Although he himself if a traitor.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yep! It gives you the right to disagree with me, and me the right to disagree with you. But if you knew what is really happening today by those who are persecuting conservative Christians just for being 'conservative' in their view, then you'd understand how some in power are not interested in our 1st Amendment rights per the Constitution of The United States.
At this point and time... the Constitution is not going to help anyone... We have entered the time of judgement upon the church... and persecution is coming... People are not properly assessing what TIME it is.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, when you only listen to corrupt media pundits I guess you don't get the real news...

Joe McCarthy Was Right
Guilty until proven innocent! Probably a lot of people were lynched on that basis. The really good thing is that our final judge has all of the facts and is always fair!

Reactions: Davy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do understand only too well the ways of some of those in power, but they are not God and I am not here to please selfish men. Going after evil doers using their methods is not the Way.

Jesus alone among men was completely unselfish and He did not accuse anyone falsely. My goal is to become more like Him. The Way to get there is through Him.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At this point and time... the Constitution is not going to help anyone... We have entered the time of judgement upon the church... and persecution is coming... People are not properly assessing what TIME it is.
Indeed! It is time to do the work that God gave us to do... and we will not accomplish it in the political arenas of men using their own carnal weapons!

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." John 9:4-5

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world,..." John 17:11

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matt 5:14-16

That "ye", Adoration, includes you and me and all of the others who are now bearers of the Light.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;" Eph 6:11-18

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matt 5:14-16

That "ye", Adoration, includes you and me and all of the others who are now bearers of the Light.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;" Eph 6:11-18
YES.... YES and YES

Reactions: amadeus

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
All I can say is:
Amen to that, Brother/Sister(?)!!!!
'BarneyFife' - 'Brother/Sister(?)' : Sister!!!! that I found out today, just now. And your real name, is -- I am not yet sure. But will find out, and soon because you have told me so far, that you are from South Africa, Potgietersrus in the old Transvaal and were in two schools with me. Now I only have to find out which 'Laerskool' 'she'-'you', were in (as we say in Afrikaans) - in Laerskool Elandsbosch Waterberg, or in Laer Volkskool Heidelberg. And by your good English there was only one wonderful Christian classmate who could qualify as 'you' - 'she' - Barney Fife, and she was the ONLY PERSON IN ALL MY LIFE WHO STOOD UP AGAINST THE HYPOCRITE FOR ME. I even know where you stayed, some ten years ago, and if God will, I and Susan my wife want to come visit you, if you still live there. So if you read this post and don't stay (near the fork) any longer, kindly tell me, it will save us the trouble to search in vain. To move about gets difficult with age. I think we both know.
Thank you and God's blessings be upon you richly

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Idolising patriotism is wrong ! when one idolise ones leaders ? like all of the Communist Leaders are in fact Idolised ! or even Monarchs can be idolised ? such is set up by media etc playing games ?
The thing is that the majority do not have enough grounding to understand the games that may be at play ! so they become emotional, radical etc etc because they are being duped and manipulated because such have been induced into a blindness of ignorance.

With some Sports people the same nonsense applies, people get all wound up about someone that they do not truly know at all personally, so one who truly knows that person as a personal friend for years will have some boofhead go on the attack, even of one who truly knows such a person personally :rolleyes: for what they may see is mudding the waters ! when in fact it's just down to earth reality being expressed on the part of one who truly knows one. But to the one who idolises such a one, they have to elevate one up to create a deception to all who do not personally know the dude at all.

Patriotism is truly about solid foundations and ones duty as serving being upstanding as one who is a worthy citizen, one who does not shirk from being a upstanding person and would not set the bar lower for the deceptions of degenerates who have no regards but to themselves and are criminals.

So if one is not a Patriotic then one is a scoundrel a skulk a blight with no virtue, cursed, corrupt or a ninny.

Reactions: JohnPaul