Christian Superstition

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the whole passage strikes me as a master stroke of the illustration of literal v spiritual thinking,
and transubstantiation becomes a clue as to how far a human will go to justify a belief
That's only if you skip over verses 66 and 67 . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He meant what He said and they - just like YOU - couldn't handle it.
ye they went and created religion, far easier to handler than teh truth... and here we see one defending his as it needs to be, Christ doesnt need our defense just us to glorify Him who is teh truth.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ye they went and created religion, far easier to handler than teh truth... and here we see one defending his as it needs to be, Christ doesnt need our defense just us to glorify Him who is teh truth.

It must be tough, mjr.....

The language you use to discribe God and worship him, formulated in the very object of your distain - church....

Wait until he hears the truth about the meat he buys at the grocery store....

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The language you use to discribe God and worship him, formulated in the very object of your distain - church....
There is only one church that all men who are His belong to, wont find a pastor running it and it has no name its just His, He is the head and His people only follow after Him, you could have Him too, but men would rather belong to "mens" churches. Yes Aspen you love your religion, I know like so many spend you life defending it, Christ need s no defense, but still rejected by many,

1Sa_8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

and JEsus

Mat 20:25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
Mat 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

Rejected by many followed by few

My sheep hear My voice.... A stranger they will not follow.

Come out of her "my people"

thats why we know those who are not His.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Only if you're a moral relativist.
Truth is truth - there is NO substitute.
ah, i'm not sure how Catholic dogma treats a sin for you may not be a sin for me, or Paul's all things to all people, but wadr we have already done the "You Cannot State a Single Absolute Truth" thing anyway, right

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, i'm not sure how Catholic dogma treats a sin for you may not be a sin for me, or Paul's all things to all people, but wadr we have already done the "You Cannot State a Single Absolute Truth" thing anyway, right
The Church is the pillar and foundation of the Truth (1 Tim. 3:15) - not the individual.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And to expose people like YOU who twist the Scriptures to your own destruction as all those who are ignorant and unstable (2 Pet. 3:16).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And to expose people like YOU who twist the Scriptures to your own destruction as all those who are ignorant and unstable (2 Pet. 3:16).
Oh BOL you exposed yourself a long time ago, thats why you are own your own, not even those from your religion can stand with you, it is so sad to see how deceived men can be.

DO have a good day

God bless

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The Church is the pillar and foundation of the Truth (1 Tim. 3:15) - not the individual.
strikes me as another evasion, wadr; but i am not aware of Catholic dogma @ "a sin for you may not be a sin for me."

i was just having a similar convo with an institutional pastor, when it occurred to me that we had the same differing definitions of church that are being used here. Has the "Church" been instituted? Certainly it has; and the pathway is recorded in Scripture, our churches are firmly ensconced there @ 1Peter or wherever, the only occurrence of the word "institutions" in the Book, and i guess like most any human institution the relationship is occluded, right, just like the "Federal Reserve" trope lol.

this is by way of agreeing with you, that the word "church" can also mean an institution of men, the one you're talking about, that we all pretty much come from

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh BOL you exposed yourself a long time ago, thats why you are own your own, not even those from your religion can stand with you, it is so sad to see how deceived men can be.

DO have a good day

God bless
Like I've said many times before - I'm not here to make people happy.
I'm here to shoot down lies and present the Truth.

If that is too much for you to handle - then maybe you should find another hobby . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, i was in Luke too, sry

so the one who feeds on Me will live because of Me.

doesn't exactly seem to contradict, BoL.
contradict what, bbyrd??
What are you talking about??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
strikes me as another evasion, wadr; but i am not aware of Catholic dogma @ "a sin for you may not be a sin for me."

i was just having a similar convo with an institutional pastor, when it occurred to me that we had the same differing definitions of church that are being used here. Has the "Church" been instituted? Certainly it has; and the pathway is recorded in Scripture, our churches are firmly ensconced there @ 1Peter or wherever, the only occurrence of the word "institutions" in the Book, and i guess like most any human institution the relationship is occluded, right, just like the "Federal Reserve" trope lol.

this is by way of agreeing with you, that the word "church" can also mean an institution of men, the one you're talking about, that we all pretty much come from
Uhhhh, wrong.

Jesus instituted only ONE Church - just ONE.
He didn't institute or even sanction the other tens of thousands of man made Protestant sects who call themselves "churches".

There's only ONE - and if you're not IN it - you're outside of it . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, and it is obviously not the same as the one that men instituted,
and i apologize most sincerely for your luck there ok
No need to apologize to me. I'm IN the Church established by Christ and His Apostles.
It's YOU and the rest of Protestantism who chose to follow men in the 16th century and beyond.