Christianity in the Vatican

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There were so many things that gave me chills - like the Church of St. Peter in Chains (San Pietro in Vincoli). The chains which fell from his wrists when he was imprisoned by Herod (Acts 2:3-19) are on display in the church - as is Michaelangelo's sculpture of Moses.
spiv-catene-da-m10.jpg
spiv-mose-medio-no-flash-da-m10.jpg

I actually welled-up with tears as I ascended the Holy Stairs (Church of the Holy Stairs) on my knees.
These are the very same steps that Christ ascended in the Praetorium of Pontius Pilate - that were moved from Jerusalem to Rome.
BasilicaoftheHolyStairsRome.png

Wonderful pictures, I had actually never seen these before today, must have been quite a move to bring those steps from Jerusalem to Rome.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never been to the Vatican, but assume some of our members have here and probably is worth the visit one day, it is no doubt a big part of Christian Church history.

So what are the good things you have seen and heard of in the Vatican?

images

Never been but I would like to see the Sistine chapel someday

Reactions: Josho