"Jesus is a fake," an atheist claimed on Quora Digest. "Can you prove me wrong with evidence?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How likely is it that someone, anyone, who doesn’t know an original can spot a fake?

1708270378072.jpeg

So what then is the atheist trying to accomplish? I submit to the reader that the atheist has his reward.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In truth, you cannot prove anything about God, Jesus, the gospel, etc. God has made that a certainty. If He wanted us to be able to prove anything about Him, He could have done that quite easily; but, He did not. He has made everything known about Himself conditioned upon faith. He has, by way of the Bible, given us everything necessary to believe in Him, i.e., to have faith in Him. But God has not given us anything that we can use to prove anything about Him. Faith is the key. Everything depends upon faith. If we could prove anything about God, we really wouldn't need faith.
By the idea(s) which might be presumptions, I mean those statements.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having come from extensive debate with atheists at a couple of other forms, they do tend to lean toward the notion that Jesus never existed. They regard the gospel accounts as either complete fiction or gross exagerration. There is simply no point in trying to convince these folks of anything. Scholars such as Richard Bauckham and the late Larry Hurtado have shown that the gospels bear all the indicia of being eyewitness testimony and that the very earliest Christians worshipped Jesus as divine, but none of this is "evidence" to the atheist community. Tacitus and Josephus are at least evidence for the existence of Jesus but no more than this. If the claim is that the gospel Jesus is a fake in the sense of "just a guy whom the gospel writers greatly embellished into the Son of God," there is little point in even trying to have a discussion.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In truth, you cannot prove anything about God, Jesus, the gospel, etc. God has made that a certainty. If He wanted us to be able to prove anything about Him, He could have done that quite easily; but, He did not. He has made everything known about Himself conditioned upon faith. He has, by way of the Bible, given us everything necessary to believe in Him, i.e., to have faith in Him. But God has not given us anything that we can use to prove anything about Him. Faith is the key. Everything depends upon faith. If we could prove anything about God, we really wouldn't need faith.
These ideas.

It is entirely possible to find out the actual, absolute truth.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These ideas.

It is entirely possible to find out the actual, absolute truth.
Knowing the truth and proving it are two completely different things. God has given us, in His written word, all we need to come to a belief in Him as written. However, none of that constitutes proof of even the existence of God. I believe that is on purpose. Faith, not proof, is key. God has established His kingdom for those who willingly choose to love Him (Matt 22:37).

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knowing the truth and proving it are two completely different things.
‘Knowing the truth’ isn’t a thing, as in an object. ‘Proving the truth isn’t a thing’, as in an object.
So in fact, ‘these’ are the same, in that these are thoughts, that there are, things, as in objects.

God has given us, in His written word, all we need to come to a belief in Him as written. However, none of that constitutes proof of even the existence of God. I believe that is on purpose. Faith, not proof, is key. God has established His kingdom for those who willingly choose to love Him (Matt 22:37).
There’s nothing wrong with believing… and… it is entirely possible to find out the actual, absolute truth.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s nothing wrong with believing… and… it is entirely possible to find out the actual, absolute truth.
Believing is the key. It may be the actual, absolute truth, but you cannot prove it. I believe without a doubt that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. I believe that is the absolute truth, but there is no way that I can prove it.

In the account of Doubting Thomas, when Thomas was given proof that it was Jesus, Jesus replied, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." In other words what was proven to Thomas because he saw and experienced firsthand. That is no possible for us.

Last edited:

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing is the key. It may be the actual, absolute truth, but you cannot prove it. I believe without a doubt that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. I believe that is the absolute truth, but there is no way that I can prove it.

In the account of Doubting Thomas, when Thomas was given proof that it was Jesus, Jesus replied, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." In other words what was proven to Thomas because he saw and experienced firsthand. That is no possible for us.
I’m not suggesting the truth can be proven by or to anyone, nor any presumptions about us, only that one can in fact find out the actual, absolute truth.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe I was very even handed.
We can all be better at witnessing. My Pastor said if you are going to witness for God, make sure you are a good witness.

There is such a thing as Adverse Witness. Sadly, many Christian’s are Adverse Witnesses.

I wonder if you started this thread for God’s glory - or your glory?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not suggesting the truth can be proven by or to anyone, nor any presumptions about us, only that one can in fact find out the actual, absolute truth.
OK, but the OP was asking about proving with evidence.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
An atheist is not actually trying to believe, so, until that changes, they will remain an atheist.

So, for the most part you are wasting your time being drawn into an argument with someone who does not want God to exist.

See, CHRISTianity, is completely SPIRITUAL.
Atheism is completely NON-Spiritual.

Can these agree?
Can black meet white?
Can up become down?

So, just leave them with this..

"and you can't prove that God does not exist"., as that is a FACT they can't overcome.

Reactions: Debp

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jesus is a fake," an atheist claimed on Quora Digest. "Can you prove me wrong with evidence?"

Whelp…

ManKIND was Created out of the ELEMENTS of it’s intended Habitat / Estate….EARTH.

An Earthly ManKIND of being’s LIFE is it’s BLOOD.

An Earthly ManKIND of being’s LIFE is “sustained” by consuming FOOD out of it’s habitat.
Plants draw elements out of the earth.
Animals eat plants out of the earth.
ManKIND eats Plants and Animals out of the Earth.

What IS IN the manKIND of being, and what comes forth OUT of the manKIND of being;
IS personally attributed, to being THAT MAN.
And the manKIND of being inherently CLAIM his own body, his body parts, his body systems, his words out of his mouth, (yet is still IN him), his urine, feces, as his Personally….
My, Mine, Me, etc.

Regarding Gods WORD, as well IS God. IS IN Him, comes forth out From Him, (and same as manKIND) remains IN God.

It the beginning, Gods Word come forth OUT OF HIS MOUtH…and into the EARS of people WHO NOT who He was…Same as any man-KIND of being….duh, one introduces themself of WHO they Are.

Not a BIG SECRET, manKIND has an overwhelming tendency to NOT BELIEVE what they CAN NOT SEE.
Not a BIG SECRET, God is INVISIBLE.
(Bible scholars know WHY).

Somewhere about 700BC God FORETOLD to a Believing man named ISAIAH…that God WOULD SEND His Word forth out of His Mouth in a LIKENESS, and earthly manKIND could “SEE”.
(Bible scholars know WHY).

Somewhere about TWO thousand years ago, what God Foretold ISAIAH came to pass.

The WORD of God in Heaven, came forth out from Gods MOUTH, in a BODY God prepared, in the Likeness AS an earthly man, and SENT Him to Earth. Oh, oh, and GAVE Him a “NAME”… and FORETOLD many “titles, descriptions” that He would BE CALLED….
(By Earthly men who would be so fortunate to SEE Him.)

God is the creator….AND “maker” of ALL earthly men.

All earthly men have Freewill to believe whatever they choose.

God does NOT force ANYONE to believe in Him.
God simply ASKS manKIND to HEAR what He has to say…and He will Bless that man…and the man can Decide if his life is Blessed by God or the man meanders about thinking he has good and bad luck like a charming game.

On the flip side for an UNBELIEVER, God has revealed umpteen prophecies, that by ALL accounts, of an average man of the people at large, of kings, of scientists….HAVE occurred precisely as was foretold…
Pretty phenomenal for something that supposedly does NOT exist, that. Is FAKE, to be so ACCURATE.

And the question therefor is: back at the atheist….WHO, WHAT, made the Worlds, Heavens, Earth, Sun, Moon, Stars, Days, Nights, Seas, Plants, Animals, Gold, Minerals, Ores, and ManKIND?

God claims HE Made them…
Who else has Made that claim??

Glory to God,
Taken