"Jesus is a fake," an atheist claimed on Quora Digest. "Can you prove me wrong with evidence?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnD

Jan 24, 2024
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the answer longing souls desire without even knowing the question.

He is the last human prototype (but the one God had in mind when he made the first prototype).

He is the lone Designer / Creator of all things created in the beginning. The eternal life which transcends the physical laws by his eternality and ability to create all things created from absolutely nothing. Otherwise physical existence could not exist by strictly physical means (thanks to the 1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics).

Someone eternally metaphysical who is supernatural enough to make things from nothing has to exist.

Jesus fits the bill.

Want to know more about him, read his testimony in the Judeo-Christian Bible and stop burying your heads in the sand.

Think you don’t?

Who or what caused the Big Bang?

Law of causality is as binding as any other in physics.

Stop playing games.

You don’t want to answer to the Supreme Being. Man up about it. Stop being a spoiled brat about it and face it. Your defiance is nothing new, nothing clever. All that you waste your life on will pass by in a flash. And it will be over forever and ever.

Then what?

Read the book. Most atheists pride themselves on being studious. Be sure to note what the Judeo-Christian Bible informs humanity about what is and what is to come. It’s the one that bears the divine footprints / signature (like Job the oldest book of the Bible that peaks of cosmology like the earth being suspended in space and rotating).

Jesus is the most real. The rest of the humanity are the fakes. Especially atheists.

Reactions: The Learner

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I’m not an atheist but I’m put off by the response to the atheist‘s challenge. Is the strategy to provoke a verbal brawl with the atheist in order to persuade?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If the atheist were here I would ask before responding: “In what way, that is, why, do you believe Jesus is a fake?”

Reactions: Niblo

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might not believe He's the Son of God but He absolutely was a real person, every historian worth the ink on their diploma agrees on that.

Reactions: Matthias

JohnD

Jan 24, 2024
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not an atheist but I’m put off by the response to the atheist‘s challenge. Is the strategy to provoke a verbal brawl with the atheist in order to persuade?
I believe I was very even handed. Sympathetic off putting is often the result of underlying issues one has.
To those, virtually everything can be an offense.
The cross is said in scripture to be an offense.
So we are not to recoil or hide from every offense.
Only the hurtful / evil ones.

JohnD

Jan 24, 2024
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the atheist were here I would ask before responding: “In what way, that is, why, do you believe Jesus is a fake?”
The conversation is on Quora Digest (as I indicated). You may join in.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I believe I was very even handed. Sympathetic off putting is often the result of underlying issues one has.
To those, virtually everything can be an offense.
The cross is said in scripture to be an offense.
So we are not to recoil or hide from every offense.
Only the hurtful / evil ones.

Are you easily persuaded to change your mind when someone calls you a spoiled brat and demands that you stop playing games? (I’m not.)

• Wow
Reactions: Wrangler

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.”

(Matthew 7:12, NASB)

Reactions: Chains Broken

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Can you prove me wrong with evidence?"​

It depends what you'll accept as evidence.

Will you accept the written account of an eyewitness? Even if it was written down long after the fact? Multiple eyewitnesses? If so, then there is a mountain of evidence.

Will you only accept archaeological artifacts? If so, then I probably can't prove it to your satisfaction. I can prove the existence of Peter & Paul, James and many other New Testament figures, but strangely enough we don't have Jesus' bones. :IDK:

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You might not believe He's the Son of God but He absolutely was a real person, every historian worth the ink on their diploma agrees on that.

That’s a valid point but may or may not be the basis of the atheist’s challenge. I don’t know. @JohnD might clarify that for us.

Reactions: Chains Broken

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I know Jesus is real and not fake because my life changed when I gave it to him.

Believers will view this as evidence - in fact, strong evidence - but atheists, typically, will not.

One atheist asked me if I was a Boy Scout in my youth. When learning that I was, the response was that I had presented evidence of Lord Robert Baden-Powell, not evidence of the Lord Jesus Christ. In the atheists view, I was nothing more than a polite, well-conditioned, soldier of the retired (now long deceased) Lieutenant General.

@Wick Stick was right on target when he commented: “It depends on what you will accept as evidence.” This, imo, should be established early on in the conversation with an atheist.

”Evolution is unproved and unprovable. We believe it only because the only alternative is special creation, and that is unthinkable.” - Arthur Keith

JohnD

Jan 24, 2024
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible cuts to the chase stating that the fool says there is no God.

I for one disregard the empathy, sympathetic reasoning, and the making of excuses for fools or foolish beliefs.

Well, it really seemed like a good idea to them to run the garden hose into the car's gas tank...

Etc.

Reactions: Pearl

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

I for one disregard the empathy, sympathetic reasoning, and the making of excuses for fools or foolish beliefs.

Well, it really seemed like a good idea to them to run the garden hose into the car's gas tank...

Etc.

An exercise in how not to persuade.

Reactions: Niblo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Etc.
  • Atheist Day was originally about a fictional case of an Atheist who had decided to sue the government. The reason for the fictional lawsuit was a simple one—unlike all the major religions, there was no day for Atheists, to which the judge said that April 1st (i.e. April Fool’s Day) was their holiday.
  • Psalm 14:1
    The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”

Reactions: JohnD

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It depends what you'll accept as evidence.

Will you accept the written account of an eyewitness? Even if it was written down long after the fact? Multiple eyewitnesses? If so, then there is a mountain of evidence.

Will you only accept archaeological artifacts? If so, then I probably can't prove it to your satisfaction. I can prove the existence of Peter & Paul, James and many other New Testament figures, but strangely enough we don't have Jesus' bones. :IDK:

1708008332637.png

JohnD

Jan 24, 2024
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Atheist Day was originally about a fictional case of an Atheist who had decided to sue the government. The reason for the fictional lawsuit was a simple one—unlike all the major religions, there was no day for Atheists, to which the judge said that April 1st (i.e. April Fool’s Day) was their holiday.
  • Psalm 14:1
    The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”
There actually was a Supreme Court case declaring atheism a religion.

"The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a “religion” for purposes of the First Amendment on numerous occasions, most recently in McCreary County, Ky. v. American Civil Liberties Union of Ky., 545U. S."

As I understand it even qualifies for non-profit tax exemption status.

Religion = that which one believes regardless of evidence to the contrary.

I often amuse myself pointing out the blind faith atheists have in atheism.

"I can't tell you what caused the Big Bang, but I know for certain, God didn't do it!"

LOL

The humanist establishments of education and media (and even Churches sadly) grant fools way to much credit for intelligence or rationale. Have been doing this for over a century now.

Sheila3

Jun 10, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you asking can someone prove you wrong that a person on Quora didn't say Jesus is fake. I frequent Quora - yes someone on Quora said Jesus is fake.

Now if you are saying yourself that Jesus is fake. Are you asking whether there is evidence that he existed? Refer to the annals of Tacitus. He uses the name Christus, which was the Greek given name to Yeshua, who is called Jesus in English.
Annals Book 15

If you're saying that Jesus is fake, there is no God and to prove you wrong _ well you know that's impossible but it's also impossible for you to prove you're right.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the answer longing souls desire without even knowing the question.

He is the last human prototype (but the one God had in mind when he made the first prototype).

He is the lone Designer / Creator of all things created in the beginning. The eternal life which transcends the physical laws by his eternality and ability to create all things created from absolutely nothing. Otherwise physical existence could not exist by strictly physical means (thanks to the 1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics).

Someone eternally metaphysical who is supernatural enough to make things from nothing has to exist.

Jesus fits the bill.

Want to know more about him, read his testimony in the Judeo-Christian Bible and stop burying your heads in the sand.

Think you don’t?

Who or what caused the Big Bang?

Law of causality is as binding as any other in physics.

Stop playing games.

You don’t want to answer to the Supreme Being. Man up about it. Stop being a spoiled brat about it and face it. Your defiance is nothing new, nothing clever. All that you waste your life on will pass by in a flash. And it will be over forever and ever.

Then what?

Read the book. Most atheists pride themselves on being studious. Be sure to note what the Judeo-Christian Bible informs humanity about what is and what is to come. It’s the one that bears the divine footprints / signature (like Job the oldest book of the Bible that peaks of cosmology like the earth being suspended in space and rotating)

Jesus is the most real. The rest of the humanity are the fakes. Especially atheists.
In truth, you cannot prove anything about God, Jesus, the gospel, etc. God has made that a certainty. If He wanted us to be able to prove anything about Him, He could have done that quite easily; but, He did not. He has made everything known about Himself conditioned upon faith. He has, by way of the Bible, given us everything necessary to believe in Him, i.e., to have faith in Him. But God has not given us anything that we can use to prove anything about Him. Faith is the key. Everything depends upon faith. If we could prove anything about God, we really wouldn't need faith.

Reactions: O'Darby