Christianity is Too Hard/Easy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The paradox. Christianity is Too Hard/Easy.

Too Hard. Jesus said adultery is even looking at another with lust in your heart. I doubt anyone can honestly say they never failed this standard. It's hard to make the claim that a standard where everyone fails is a loving standard. What would be an example of a hateful standard?

Too easy. In reading the OT, especially Exodus and Leviticus, the constant ritual slaughter of animals, spreading their blood on the alter is shocking to the sensibilities of a 21st century American. The message is powerful. Children learn at an early age the price for their sins is bloody death. And I do not mean, children learn in an academic way; they learn by experience, in seeing the constant slaughter. I do believe if there were a little of this still, there would be a lot more humility in our society.

Instead of having to witness the slaughter of an innocent animal because you did wrong, Christianity theologically puts it all on Jesus. Children do not see his suffering, hear his groans, feel his blood splatter on their face with each swing of the cat'o nine tails. It's more theoretic and less real, i.e., too easy.

Returning to what would be an example of a hateful standard? It would be one that no choice is involved in everyone failing with no way out. Our loving God gives us liberty as well as life, along with a humble way out; trust in his Son. I guess Christianity is just about right after all. :cool:

Thoughts?