Christianity requires fear, guilt, and conformity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So where did you learn about the name God and the name Jesus and that Jesus was the Son of God? A typical child doesn't know those concepts unless another human has taught them.
No human. The knowledge was already in my heart. Already there in my inner most being. I came from a Pagan background where god's existed but the God who spoke to me was not like any other God. He knew me and he knew my heart and his name was Jesus.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many people would be Christian if Hell wasn’t a concept in Christianity? Now I know many Christians would argue, “Hell is a consequence, it’s like having consequences in day to day life.” And this is where I disagree: while consequences are real in the world, it is a much different matter when it comes to the spiritual world.

Wrong from the get go.

All the world is just a created "image" made manifest for the revealing of evidences for the Judgement of this world, and as the last [expressed] will and testament of all people in a public forum, as the truth comes to light.

This is the witness and testimony of every generation of those born of God since time began. It's not open for debate.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No human. The knowledge was already in my heart. Already there in my inner most being. I came from a Pagan background where god's existed but the God who spoke to me was not like any other God. He knew me and he knew my heart and his name was Jesus.

By the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The framework of Christianity boils down to this: anyone who disagrees or rebels against their god or Bible, is satanic.
Those who disagree with us/the Bible=bad guys
Those who agree with us=good guys

Indeed, by design, the Creator of the universe has appointed only some to hold and give answer to the questions that all the world is not otherwise privy to. This is His chosen method of revealing of all things to all people.

Why is it that you do not like the fact that some have answers and some don't and have to (or should) ask? Why is the truth not Good News to you?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many people would be Christian if Hell wasn’t a concept in Christianity?

A question is not a strawman.

Yet, a question does not escape logical or moral responsibility. For instance, questions can have an implied premise. And that implied premise can be false. Your question is like this. How long have you been beating your wife? Been racist? Been sexist? Been homophobic? Etc?

A valid question, with no implied premise, let alone flawed or false would be. Why is Christianity the most popular religion in the world?

It assumes that the concept of hell is the reason people become Christians, and asks a question to which a quantifiable answer is not possible. Not just strawman but empty rhetoric.
Exactly! How many people would be Atheist if God came to them and opened their eyes beyond the veil to the spiritual world?

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How many people would be Christian if Hell wasn’t a concept in Christianity?
Christians don’t like it when their god or concept of hell gets mocked because they want it to be taken seriously by others. They want others to feel guilty and in need of forgiveness the way they do.

Probably about 98% of Christian's became so, .. not because of a fear of Hell.

And Hell is a reality, and it does not require anyone to believe it exists., exactly as you dont have to Believe that God exists...... doesn't change the fact that He's there.

Why do most people get saved?
Its about 50 %......people are tired of life and the struggle and the feeling of hopelessness, and they hear the message of the Cross that is God's love letter to us, and they reach out to God by Faith.... and find that God was there all the time.

The other 50%, are just living life, ...... and one day they hear about Jesus and the Holy Spirit reveals Him to them, in a lovely and beautiful way, and they reach out to Christ by Faith for forgiveness of sin and Salvation and God takes them into His eternal family.

People who are not Christians, always believe that to become one is to enter the land of rules and regulations... only to find out that living without God is the rules and regulations and the endless sameness that is the daily grind of living life.
Whereas, when they find God's love, they find what they were looking for all their life, and it can not be found anywhere else.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey know that they are living in a time where they are becoming a minority in society

I hardly think that 2.8 billion followers is a minority.
And in America, the lowest % of the population currently identifies as Christian since polls were taken. This is currently 70%, a larger % than any other demographic group.

That Atheist's categotize the largest demographic group in the country as becoming a minority shows how twisted their thinking is. On top of that, they are ignorant of a great falling away is part of Apocolytic prophecy.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Why is Christianity the most popular religion in the world?

It's funny how you like to wax lyrical about your particular flavour of religion and when it suits state that millions of "Christians" are misguided and reading/believing the wrong versions of the Bible. But when you want some good stats you're happy to include each and every one of them.

There are and always have been huge divisions within the "Christian" religion. They are effectively different religions believing different things.

Roman Catholicism
Protestants
Orthodox
Anglicans

Which of these do you align to?

Which ever it is, you'll be disappointed to know that it's not the most popular religion at all !

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Probably about 98% of Christian's became so, .. not because of a fear of Hell.

And Hell is a reality, and it does not require anyone to believe it exists., exactly as you dont have to Believe that God exists...... doesn't change the fact that He's there.

Why do most people get saved?
Its about 50 %......people are tired of life and the struggle and the feeling of hopelessness, and they hear the message of the Cross that is God's love letter to us, and they reach out to God by Faith.... and find that God was there all the time.

The other 50%, are just living life, ...... and one day they hear about Jesus and the Holy Spirit reveals Him to them, in a lovely and beautiful way, and they reach out to Christ by Faith for forgiveness of sin and Salvation and God takes them into His eternal family.

People who are not Christians, always believe that to become one is to enter the land of rules and regulations... only to find out that living without God is the rules and regulations and the endless sameness that is the daily grind of living life.
Whereas, when they find God's love, they find what they were looking for all their life, and it can not be found anywhere else.
Fanciful whimsy at best

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's funny how you like to wax lyrical about your particular flavour of religion and when it suits state that millions of "Christians" are misguided and reading/believing the wrong versions of the Bible. But when you want some good stats you're happy to include each and every one of them.
Oikophobic, you are.

Why is it funny? I have an in-group preference. Going to the next level of detail, I admit within group imperfections and variations.

But all you got is slander.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are and always have been huge divisions within the "Christian" religion. They are effectively different religions believing different things.
Untrue. The genus is Christ. The Differentia is irrelevant compared to anti-Christ folks like you.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Roman Catholicism
Protestants
Orthodox
Anglicans

Which of these do you align to?

Which ever it is, you'll be disappointed to know that it's not the most popular religion at all !
There you go again, inventing warped standards to support your false conclusions.

Reactions: Jim B

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Why is it funny? I have an in-group preference.
You are aligned to one of the many sects, cults basing itself on its chosen flavour of the Bible.

As I said above, you're not in the majority. Which is why you need to include every other sect/cult basing itself on the Bible to fudge your numbers. Self delusion.