Christianity requires fear, guilt, and conformity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never once mentioned "test tube babies" !!
Right. I have mentioned test tube babies several times to point out the baby is a different body than the mother. I agree that women have the right to make decisions about their bodies but a baby is not their body.

FlySwatter

Apr 28, 2023
Somewhere
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
There you go again, sadly dehumanizing people who have a temporary disability.
lol. A forming organism is now a "person with temporary disability" !!!

You're creative in your fantasy rhetoric I'll give you that.

But seriously, your statement is absurd.

FlySwatter

Apr 28, 2023
Somewhere
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Word games. The baby is human from the start. It does not become human. It becomes a human with a brain.

You are as ever deliberately conflating species "human" with the noun "human". I mean really really poor show.

I will say it again

The organism inside the woman IS of human species. It DOES have human DNA

Just as an appendix is of human species and has human DNA.

It is NOT however "A HUMAN" - NOUN

It WILL eventually grow to become "A HUMAN" - NOUN but for at last 8-12 weeks or so it is not yet "A HUMAN"

It is an organism which is human - species.

Last edited:

FlySwatter

Apr 28, 2023
Somewhere
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Right. I have mentioned test tube babies several times to point out the baby is a different body than the mother.

The ORGANISM is a different life form than the mother yes. It has unique DNA

It's not a "Baby" until it develops a heart, brain and nervous system.

FlySwatter

Apr 28, 2023
Somewhere
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
BTW I note you skipped over the important question I put to you. In case you just missed it here it is again:

What distinguishes a "human being" from something which is "part of a human being"?

For example is a big toe a human being? Or is it part of a human being?

If it is not an actual human being then why not?

Please don't say a big toe is just a human being with a disability !!!!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
OK. So, your acceptance criteria is ONLY if the Constitution makes reference to God are we a Christian nation. Great! Cause guess what? The Constitution references God, not just once but TWICE.

1. Under Signatory: Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven. Who is the Lord of the Founding Fathers upon which the Constitution was consecrated? Jesus Christ.
  2. 1st Amendment ... Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. Because where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Freedom, 2 Corinthians 3:17.
Thanks and Amen! Praise God.
The only indirect mention of God is in the date of the signing, “In the year of the Lord". This was not a religious reference, but merely the convention at the time, so nice try.

And the 1st amendment there is for establishing the separation of church and state.

Your Taliban mindset doesn’t work in America.

1682876668215.jpeg

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol. A forming organism is now a "person with temporary disability" !!!

You're creative in your fantasy rhetoric I'll give you that.

But seriously, your statement is absurd.
Your statement is the one that is absurd, calling a person with a temporary ability merely a "forming organism." Do you hear yourself? Do you see what you have become? Dehumanizing the most vulnerable, babies, so you can slaughter them with no guilty conscious.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is a pile of dough a loaf of bread?
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
Word games. The baby is human from the start. It does not become human. It becomes a human with a brain.
I have not paid much attention to those trying to convince us that the little baby in the womb is just a blob of cells that might one day become a baby if all the cookies happen to crumble at the same time. Having studied the subject for 30 years and come to a justifiable conclusion-based on facts. not supposition.

As part of my studies over 30 years those who want as many babies murdered in the womb as possible have got more and more aggressive and more into denial that every abortion kills a baby and will go out of their way to facilitate such deaths to the point of making abortion the greatest killer of all time.

I am ashamed to be a part of such an appalling statistic supported by politicians of the day of all shapes and sizes such that moral integrity no longer exists.

Reactions: Wrangler

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

I have not paid much attention to those trying to convince us that the little baby in the womb is just a blob of cells that might one day become a baby if all the cookies happen to crumble at the same time. Having studied the subject for 30 years and come to a justifiable conclusion-based on facts. not supposition.

As part of my studies over 30 years those who want as many babies murdered in the womb as possible have got more and more aggressive and more into denial that every abortion kills a baby and will go out of their way to facilitate such deaths to the point of making abortion the greatest killer of all time.

I am ashamed to be a part of such an appalling statistic supported by politicians of the day of all shapes and sizes such that moral integrity no longer exists.
Come on man, don’t just post part of that sarcasm quote. Post all of it.

1682906204031.png

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Your statement is the one that is absurd, calling a person with a temporary ability merely a "forming organism." Do you hear yourself? Do you see what you have become? Dehumanizing the most vulnerable, babies, so you can slaughter them with no guilty conscious.
Your Biblical inconvenience is not an excuse to force rape victims to give birth, though.

1682907580112.jpeg

FlySwatter

Apr 28, 2023
Somewhere
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
@Wrangler

BTW I note you skipped over the important question I put to you for the second time. I mean it's ok if you can't or won't provide an answer but I think in dodging that question other readers will see your argument is a rather hopeless one.

In case you just missed it here it is again:

What distinguishes a "human being" from something which is "part of a human being"?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wrangler

BTW I note you skipped over the important question I put to you for the second time. I mean it's ok if you can't or won't provide an answer but I think in dodging that question other readers will see your argument is a rather hopeless one.

In case you just missed it here it is again:

I did not realize I skipped over it as I've thoroughly addressed many of your posts.

Your question is ridiculous. I think you are being coy as there is no way anyone reading our exchanges could suppose I've been making the claim that a big toe is a human being. For emphasis, I match your exclamation points +1 !!!!!

To compare as equal PART to WHOLE or TOTAL shows such a lack of philosophical grounding, I honestly don't know where to begin, except with a common refrain. A big toe does not grow up to be President. An actual human being does.

Going back to the disability part of your post, it is THE reason there is such thing as power of attorney. In my father's estate, I have power of attorney over finances; my sister over health decisions. Some years ago, my father was in the hospital with chest pain. I asked my sister if she registered herself at the nursing station as health care power of attorney in the event things so south.

She was far too anxious to consider that, which told me she might not have been the best choice as I was suggesting merely a precautionary act to minimize time between changing health status and her making the necessary health decision, e.g., open heart surgery.

It turned out that my father never lost consciousness and recovered quickly, always maintaining the ability to make his own health care decisions.

Other people are put into medical coma's. So, there are all kinds of scenario's where one may have a temporary disability to need an advocate to make decisions for them. This certainly applies to the young, human beings below the age of majority, including babies - starting at the moment of conception. Often expectant mother's take special vitamins that are good for her and the separate body within her, aka the baby.

I suspect you are being willfully ignorant of the difference between PART and WHOLE, wanting to pretend a big toe is analagous to a baby at an early stage in its development.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not paid much attention to those trying to convince us that the little baby in the womb is just a blob of cells that might one day become a baby
They must invent a standard to dehumanize the baby. Their only argument is semantic.
  • It's not a baby, it's a "fertilized egg"
  • It's not a baby, it's a "developing organism"
  • It's not a baby, it's an "embryo"
  • It's not a baby, it's a "fetus."
Their only hope is to demand our Christian society accept a pervertedly narrow view of the word "baby."

In examining the evidence of the pictures they present, the construe the term baby to only mean post-birth baby. Well, a baby is a baby before birth also and is 100% human from the moment of conception. That is the science and these baby killers have no where to go but play word games - and appeal to emotion with pics of coat hangers.

One poster ended her rant claiming I am murdering women even if only .00000000000001% of abortions are due to mortal health danger. When my rebuttal stated half those aborted are female. Nothing! No response. Crickets ... Crickets ... Crickets ...

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One poster ended her rant claiming I am murdering women even if only .00000000000001% of abortions are due to mortal health danger. When my rebuttal stated half those aborted are female. Nothing! No response. Crickets ... Crickets ... Crickets ...

First, I responding to this to clear some things up as you are speaking of me. Second, I am a man. Please address me as such. Third, I didn't respond because I said I was done discussing it with you.

Do you expect me to keep going after I said I was done? I am a man of my word. When I say I am done, I am done.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK man. You lost the argument and that is why you are done but don't have the humility to admit abortion murders babies.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK man. You lost the argument and that is why you are done but don't have the humility to admit abortion murders babies.

I lost nothing. I chose not to further engage because you are so ignorant of this subject that it is laughable and very sad.

So continue on with your sad little self and what you think you know on this subject. I want no part of it with you.

No matter what you say going forward to me on this subject will be met with complete and total silence. Have fun talking with yourself.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are so ignorant of this subject
I'm educated enough to know math and if you are at all concerned about saving female lives because of abortion, you will not sacrifice 50% of the millions of females aborted to the admitted possible .00000000000001% "saved."