Christians and Jews are both anti Acts 2:38.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question, are any of these four baptismal experiences in your life, in the name of Jesus Christ by immersion for the remission of your sins?

I didn't know about the first one until I was in my forties. Mom had me sprinkled at at Presbyterian church and I found the certificate in my baby book she gave me. The following three were all by immersion in the name of Jesus Christ. The missing ingredient was true repentance and being baptized in the Holy Spirit that I had done on the fourth one.

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is how it works. Sinners are not in God. Only those that God is in(inside)are in God. It’s really that easy.
So when Jesus says to “get in God”, he means for God to get in them. Just like God was in(inside)Jesus, Jesus was in God.
So when Jesus says to “get in God”, he means for God to get in them. Just like God was in(inside)Jesus, Jesus was in God.

True:
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one.

The Father is in the Son, and the Son is in the Father, and when the Son is in us, we will also be in Him and the Father.

But, you have thus far rejected these Scriptures on the Father and Son pertaining to being one, which is the heart and soul of your Oneness doctrine.

I have admonished you several times about it.

I will do so one last time:

The Scripture says that we in Christ are to be one, even as He and the Father are one. If they are one and the same Person, and we are to be one, even as they are one, then that means we must be also one and the same person in Christ.

I.e. even as the Son is the Father, then one believer in Him must be another believer in Him: one and the same person.

The Scripture is not speaking of being one person in Christ.

There are certain Scriptures that God will always have to end all dispute about His Scriptures, and this is the one for the false Oneness doctrine.

The Son and the father cannot be one and the same Person; otherwise we would all need be one and the same person in Him, even as the Father and the Son are one.

Therefore, the Son cannot be the Father, nor the Father the Son, because I will never be you, and you will never be me.

Scriptural 'oneness' is in unity only.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

True:
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one.

The Father is in the Son, and the Son is in the Father, and when the Son is in us, we will also be in Him and the Father.

But, you have thus far rejected these Scriptures on the Father and Son pertaining to being one, which is the heart and soul of your Oneness doctrine.

The Scripture says that we in Christ are to be one, even as He and the Father are one. If they are one and the same Person, and we are to be one, even as they are one, then that means we must be also one and the same person in Christ.

I.e. even as the Son is the Father, then one believer in Him must be another believer in Him: one and the same person.

There are certain Scriptures that God will always have to end all dispute about His Scriptures, and this is the one for the false Oneness doctrine. So you must be baptized not just in the Father's name, like John the Baptist, but now the Son too in order to truly be God's.

The Son and the father cannot be one and the same Person; otherwise we would all need be one and the same person in Him, even as the Father and the Son are one.

Therefore, the Son cannot be the Father, nor the Father the Son, because I will never be you, and you will never be me.

And @Truther

Personally I do not see a disassociation between oneness and trinity. They do not conflict. One God is a triune being. I will not argue with anti-oneness, or anti-trinity people. I can be one with both. God is someone we see in a dark glass 1 Cor. 13. Not until we get to heaven will we know fully the magnitude of GOD. Also you cannot have the Father without first having the Son.

I also we humans that are made in the likeness of God to be triune beings. Body, mind and life force/spirit and soul. I'm one person, but would be dead without any one of them. But the three make me. When I was born again of the Spirit, I had the same body, but the spirit and soul became that of God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By doing so.

God pulls off salvation by grace through faith. Men pull off water baptism by obedience to the faith.

Simple.
Howbout per Acts 2:38, God pulls off grace via remission of sins by baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

True:

There are certain Scriptures that God will always have to end all dispute about His Scriptures, and this is the one for the false Oneness doctrine.

Only those that Christ are inside are in Christ, correct?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And @Truther

Personally I do not see a disassociation between oneness and trinity. They do not conflict. One God is a triune being. I will not argue with anti-oneness, or anti-trinity people. I can be one with both. God is someone we see in a dark glass 1 Cor. 13. Not until we get to heaven will we know fully the magnitude of GOD. Also you cannot have the Father without first having the Son.

I also we humans that are made in the likeness of God to be triune beings. Body, mind and life force/spirit and soul. I'm one person, but would be dead without any one of them. But the three make me. When I was born again of the Spirit, I had the same body, but the spirit and soul became that of God.
And @Truther

Both oneness and trinity are incorrect per their Godhead doctrines.
Oneness is spot on with commanding Acts 2:38 like Peter did at Pentecost.
My hats off to oneness.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, and so we are to be unified in His doctrine according to the scriptures, walking after the same rule and fulfilling the royal law to love our neighbors as ourselves, without any being high-minded above another.

One of the first tells of a separatist and false doctrine that divides the body, is when someone comes up with an interpretation of Scripture, that no believing child would ever think of by reading Scripture as plainly written.

Baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost is a perfectly acceptable Scriptural wording for Baptism in water.

And elsewhere we read of no words were even spoken, as well as no baptism was even done, before being saved and filled with the Holy Ghost.

Repent ye and believe the gospel is the hearing of faith by which God saves and gives His Spirit, even as Scripture testifies. No one is even allowed to be baptized in water, except they have already confessed Jesus unto salvation.

Baptism in water is a type of salvation work of God, and also is a physical means of commanding acceptance into the fellowship of the saints. As I pointed out to you before.

No one can possibly 'become' saved by baptism in water, because the unsaved would never insist on being dunked. No unsaved, unbelieving heathen would ever demand that water not be forbid him. Only the believing saved desire to please God and be accepted into the brotherhood of Christ among fellow believers by water baptism.

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsBeloved11

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both oneness and trinity are incorrect per their Godhead doctrines.
Oneness is spot on with commanding Acts 2:38 like Peter did at Pentecost.
My hats off to oneness.
So, you're not Oneness. And the trinity is no good either.

So what is your teaching of the Godhead?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And @Truther

There is no problem at all with disagreement over the Godhead, so long as we all confess the risen Lord is Jesus. It is more of a simple Scriptural dispute, than a matter of faith in Christ.

It is only when it leads to a doctrine of baptism that excludes other believers, that there is division destroying unity by false accusation.

You're not 'really' saved, because you did not do it the Acts 2:38 way...

Lewis wrote of that little screw the devil. Once someone gets some special little secret interpretation of Scripture going in their heads, that really makes them think themselves more highly than other ignorant and unenlightened believers, it is a strong intoxicant to be rid of.

They have just got to get their little secret slid in everywhere they go. They become busybody proselytizers trying to draw away disciples to their own special group. And when they do succeed, well Halleluiah! Victory is mine, God gets the glory, and I get a a jewel in my crown!

And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John the Baptist was already baptizing for the repentance of sins. All Acts 2:38 means is now baptize because of Jesus. But Mark 16 names all three, including Jesus. That is the proper way, but if some only wants to acknowledge Jesus and not the Father and the Spirit, I don't think the Father would mind, because this is Christ's Bride. Jesus is the one who died and was buried - baptism. THAT is what we are acknowledging.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, and so we are to be unified in His doctrine according to the scriptures, walking after the same rule and fulfilling the royal law to love our neighbors as ourselves, without any being high-minded above another.

One of the first tells of a separatist and false doctrine that divides the body, is when someone comes up with an interpretation of Scripture, that no believing child would ever think of by reading Scripture as plainly written.

Baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost is a perfectly acceptable Scriptural wording for Baptism in water.

And elsewhere we read of no words were even spoken, as well as no baptism was even done, before being saved and filled with the Holy Ghost.

Repent ye and believe the gospel is the hearing of faith by which God saves and gives His Spirit, even as Scripture testifies. No one is even allowed to be baptized in water, except they have already confessed Jesus unto salvation.

Baptism in water is a type of salvation work of God, and also is a physical means of commanding acceptance into the fellowship of the saints. As I pointed out to you before.

No one can possibly 'become' saved by baptism in water, because the unsaved would never insist on being dunked. No unsaved, unbelieving heathen would ever demand that water not be forbid him. Only the believing saved desire to please God and be accepted into the brotherhood of Christ among fellow believers by water baptism.
Robert, please tell me, what is the name of the son?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John the Baptist was already baptizing for the repentance of sins. All Acts 2:38 means is now baptize because of Jesus. But Mark 16 names all three, including Jesus. That is the proper way, but if some only wants to acknowledge Jesus and not the Father and the Spirit, I don't think the Father would mind, because this is Christ's Bride. Jesus is the one who died and was buried - baptism. THAT is what we are acknowledging.
No, Acts 2:38 specifically says baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. Get it right please. Thank you.

It does not say “baptize because of Jesus”. That is 100% inaccurate.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no problem at all with disagreement over the Godhead, so long as we all confess the risen Lord is Jesus. It is more of a simple Scriptural dispute, than a matter of faith in Christ.

It is only when it leads to a doctrine of baptism that excludes other believers, that there is division destroying unity by false accusation.

Lewis wrote of that little screw the devil. Once someone gets some special little secret interpretation of Scripture going in their heads, that really makes them think themselves more highly than other ignorant and unenlightened believers, it is a strong intoxicant to be rid of.

They have just got to get their little secret slid in everywhere they go. They become busybody proselytizers trying to draw away disciples to their own special group. And when they do succeed, well Halleluiah! Victory is mine, God gets the glory, and I get a a jewel in my crown!

And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
There are a lot of things we may never know regarding doctrinal concepts, but the very first command of Peter to sinners in the New Testament church was to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins. That is not a doctrine but a command that is universal to all sinners . We are not to ignore that and find another way to be saved. There is no other way.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you're not Oneness. And the trinity is no good either.

So what is your teaching of the Godhead?
I teach there are two beings involved. One is divine and one is human. The divine one is inside the human one today. The human one was made a quickening spirit(aka God)and omnipresent. It is God inside Jesus Christ, inside you and I. There is one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus. This is the doctrine of the apostles.
Otherwise known as God and the man.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every bit of what God consists of is housed inside the body of his human son Jesus Christ. This is exactly what Colossians 2:9 teaches us. It is God inside Christ, inside us.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't know about the first one until I was in my forties. Mom had me sprinkled at at Presbyterian church and I found the certificate in my baby book she gave me. The following three were all by immersion in the name of Jesus Christ. The missing ingredient was true repentance and being baptized in the Holy Spirit that I had done on the fourth one.
Well praise God that you are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins. I celebrate that with all my heart. Thank you for the good report.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I teach the original oneness doctrine before it was influenced by the Roman catholic church. The original oneness doctrine of the first century taught the unification of God and his human son via the Holy Ghost inside the son. Then the reunification of God and his human son via the Colossians 2:9 effect on His human son after his resurrection from the dead. It is again, God inside Jesus making them one. That is original apostolic oneness. Modern oneness is not quite right.