Christians and Jews are both anti Acts 2:38.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His name is Jesus
Awesome.

Question; why don't those that baptize per Matt 28:19 say the name "Jesus" when mentioning "son"?

Do they think the name of the son is "son"?

If our boss told us to pick up some supplies in his name would we say his name?

If Jesus told us to baptize in his name per Matt 28:19 would we say his name?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see how you read Acts 2:38… “Confess and believe to be saved, then repent and be be baptized for the remission of your sins. Then you shall receive the Holy Ghost”.

That looks like a whopper to me.
You are not responding to my simple challenges, which must be answered for your doctrine to have any credibility.

Instead, you misshape the argument with a carnal phrasing, which is why it is a whopper, since you made it up.

Repent, and be baptized everyone of you...

Upon repentance, we are saved by the hearing of faith, and then we go on to keep the Lord's commandments, one of which is water baptism.

Jesus' commandments to His church are not to unbelieving sinners, who have not repented.

Prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe. (1 Cor 14:22)

The commandment of water baptism serves only for them that believe.

And so, you can continue with the fruitless carnal arguments, but until you answer the simple questions, your doctrine is false.

How do we receive the Spirit?

Do unsaved sinners receive the Spirit?

Was Cornelius an unsaved sinner, when he recieved the Holy Ghost baptism even as the apostles did?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I'm no longer a sinner...so why do I need to be baptised again?
Exactly.

The carnal argument focuses around saying the name Jesus during water baptism. Which is fine. If I were to be baptized again to become part of another local church openly, then Jesus' name could be announced several times.

But it wouldn't save me. It couldn't save me, because I would not believe that, and God only saves and is pleased by faith.

Therefore, them that insist on pronouncing the name of Jesus according to their 'law' of 2:38, show their carnal mindedness, when they do not insist on faith, that doing so actually saves. All they want is the performance of the ritual form to satisfy themselves on their proselytizing abilities: pride.

I.e. they only seek satisfaction is in having you do according to their will.

And so the Scriptural argument is not about names and ritual manner, but about water baptism saving the soul.

Which it does not, since no man can receive the Spirit and not be born again of the Spirit, and we receive the Spirit by the hearing of faith through grace, not by the work of the law of baptism.

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? (Gal 3)

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can a person believe in the name of the son without actually saying it?

Who says we don't say the name of Jesus? I love Jesus. It is important to me, but it doesn't prevent me from loving the rest of the Godhead. I want as much of God as I can get.

If you only want Jesus and not the Father who He is one with, that is up to you. But don't question my devotion because I want the whole Godhead that Jesus is in bodily form. Come on, Truther. Now that we know we are both Pentecostal in acceptance of the Holy Spirit's gifts, let's also be one according to the prayer of Jesus in John 17. Don't snub the Father. Jesus glorifies the Father and you should be like Jesus. If not, I won't judge you, but please stop judging me seeing as I accept you just the way you are. I deserve that as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsBeloved11

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not sinning means you obey. Obey and be baptized if you haven't been at all.

I just said up thread that I have been! I been baptised in the name of God the father. Jesus the son, and the Holy Spirit. I was fully immersed as per the bible.

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you're saying we need to say the name Yahusha or Yeshua instead of Jesus then I disagree. Those are the same Name just different languages! God can hear any language

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I just said up thread that I have been! I been baptised in the name of God the father. Jesus the son, and the Holy Spirit. I was fully immersed as per the bible.
@GodsBeloved11 Believer's baptism as per Acts 2.41 is indeed Scriptural. :)

I like what the hymn says:

"No longer shall sin have dominion,
Though present to tempt and annoy."

Romans 8, with its precious, powerful promises, contains a lot of strength for the believer, I think.

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly.

The carnal argument focuses around saying the name Jesus during water baptism. Which is fine. If I were to be baptized again to become part of another local church openly, then Jesus' name could be announced several times.

But it wouldn't save me. It couldn't save me, because I would not believe that, and God only saves and is pleased by faith.

Therefore, them that insist on pronouncing the name of Jesus according to their 'law' of 2:38, show their carnal mindedness, when they do not insist on faith, that doing so actually saves. All they want is the performance of the ritual form to satisfy themselves on their proselytizing abilities: pride.

I.e. they only seek satisfaction is in having you do according to their will.

And so the Scriptural argument is not about names and ritual manner, but about water baptism saving the soul.

Which it does not, since no man can receive the Spirit and not be born again of the Spirit, and we receive the Spirit by the hearing of faith through grace, not by the work of the law of baptism.

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? (Gal 3)

Amen! Yes we are saints if we are in Christ . Of course I think saints should go on to be baptised.
If they don't then they are simply saints who are disobeying!

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Righteousness in Christ is positional for all true believers but we are to continue in holiness by obeying and getting baptised