Christians are not under the New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should I show that? I never said that it wasn't an eternal covenant! I believe it is an eternal covenant, just as you do. I only denied that God could not fulfill the New Covenant, because you said God could not fulfill it.

Numbers 23:19 (WEB):
God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should repent. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not make it good?​

fulfilled means it ended is over
Such as Christ fulfilled the old covenant

Reactions: Moriah's Song

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was only quoting on this portion of your post of which I was agreeing with you...but only on that portion of your post.
There are still today wars in various places (e.g. in Yemen) and rumours of potential wars (e.g. Russia provoking Ukraine and Europe, Iran provoking Israel, etc.). There have certainly been many wars since Jesus' death and resurrection. This prophecy clearly hasn't been fulfilled.
However, I do disagree with what you said about this....

Quote: "
"There are many prophecies still yet to be fulfilled"
I do believe that ALL the prophecies about Christs' coming 2,000 years ago has definitely been fulfilled as he said they were. Yet, there is one half of one OT prophecy that is still in the future and that is "the last day/Judgment Day" verse in Isaiah I believe. (no time to look it up right now).

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True to form you continue to twist scripture to fit into Darby's theory rather than let scripture speak for itself....

"...unsaved Israelites you say?
Act 2:1-5...When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. And suddenly a sound came from heaven like the rush of a mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared to them tongues as of fire, distributed and resting on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven.

V.14....But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed [the devout men], "Men of Judea...."
v.22..."Men of Israel....
v.36..."Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuedly that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified."
v.37....Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said..."Brethren, what shall we do?....
v.38....Peter said to the [devout men of Israel and Judea], "Repent....for your sins;
Those "devout Jews" were told to repent of their sin for crucifying the Messiah they had longed to see.
Do you in all honesty still want to cling to that fabrication along with your "grasping-at-straws" comments to my previous post?

Devout does not mean saved except maybe in your redefining method of reading Scripture. Pentecost came, teh chruch was born, these men thogh devout were not part of teh church. they needed to confess Christ and trust in HIs death and resurrection to be saved! Then they become the Israel of God versus just national Israel!

They were unsaved Jews! For if they were saved they would have had no need to ask what they needed to do!

Sorry but I am not the one twisting Scripture- you are using an old NAZI trick. YOu are the one guilty of what you accuse your oppo0nent of and keep accusing them while you are the guilty party, inhopes you can convince others you are innocent.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but I am not the one twisting Scripture
So said the serpent to Eve....

So, in order to be consistent with scripture, if you claim (falsely) that those "devout" men were unsaved then you are also saying that all the other verses where "devout" people are mentioned in these verses below are unsaved too!

Isa 57:1...The righteous man perishes, and no one lays it to heart; devout men are taken away, while no one understands. For the righteous man is taken away from calamity,

Luk 2:25...Now there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout, looking for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.

Act 2:5...Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven.

Act 8:2...Devout men buried Stephen, and made great lamentation over him.

Act 10:2...a devout man who feared God with all his household, gave alms liberally to the people, and prayed constantly to God.

Act 10:7...When the angel who spoke to him had departed, he called two of his servants and a devout soldier from among those that waited on him,

Act 13:43...And when the meeting of the synagogue broke up, many Jews and devout converts to Judaism followed Paul and Barnabas, who spoke to them and urged them to continue in the grace of God.

Act 13:50...But the Jews incited the devout women of high standing and the leading men of the city, and stirred up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and drove them out of their district.

Act 17:4...And some of them were persuaded, and joined Paul and Silas; as did a great many of the devout Greeks and not a few of the leading women.

Act 17:17...So he argued in the synagogue with the Jews and the devout persons
, and in the market place every day with those who chanced to be there.

Act 22:12..."And one Anani'as, a devout man according to the law, well spoken of by all the Jews who lived there,
There is no legitimate answer to the above verses when compared to your last post. There is no way that Simeon, Ananias and Cornelius were "unsaved."

Last edited:

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, in order to be consistent with scripture, if you claim (falsely) that those "devout" men were unsaved then you are also saying that all the other verses where "devout" people are mentioned in these verses below are unsaved too!
There's a difference between being saved before you die, which means you must become a true Christian before you die, and being saved during the Millennium, after being resurrected. For example, the first person that you mentioned, Simeon, was a Jew, and the implication is that he died shortly after seeing the baby Jesus. Hence he died about 30 years before Jesus started his ministry and therefore it was not possible for him to become a Christian. Similarly for John the baptist, about whom Jesus said there was no greater prophet and yet the least of Christians is greater than John (Luke 7:28).

Being a devout Jew did not mean you were saved - in fact Paul makes it clear that nobody could live up to the Law and therefore everyone was unsaved - Romans 3:20 (WEB) "Because by the works of the law, no flesh will be justified in his sight. For through the law comes the knowledge of sin". Only Christians could be confident of already being saved.

As for claiming that a devout Roman soldier who the Roman centurion Cornelius could rely on, was saved, is stretching things a bit far! Even Cornelius wasn't a Christian at that point, as Acts 10:22 implies:

(22) They said, “Cornelius, a centurion, a righteous man and one who fears God, and well spoken of by all the nation of the Jews, was directed by a holy angel to invite you to his house, and to listen to what you say.”​

It was after this that Peter preached the Gospel to "Cornelius ... together [with] his relatives and his near friends" (verse 24), teaching them that Jesus "is Lord of all" (verse 36) and "is he who is appointed by God as the Judge of the living and the dead. ... that through his name everyone who believes in him will receive remission of sins.” (Acts 10:42-43). Then the Holy Spirit fell on them and they were baptized, and became Christians. The 'devout soldier' was just one of the men that Cornelius sent to Peter; the soldier wasn't a Christian, nor was he one of those who became a Christian after Peter's preaching.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a difference between being saved before you die, which means you must become a true Christian before you die,
True on that part of your post but in regards to the word "devout" I have to disagree with your definition of it and the manner in which you used it.

DEVOUT - Definition from the KJV Dictionary (av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-dictionary/devout.html)
DEVOUT, a. L. See Devote. 1. Yielding a solemn and reverential attention to God in religious exercises, particularly in prayer. We must be constant and devout in the worship of God. 2. Pious; devoted to religion; religious. Simeon was a just man and devout. Luke 2. Devout men carried Stephen to his burial.

Thesaurus:
29 synonyms for "devout"(highlighting only those that would only reference "saved people")

adoring, ardent, faithful, fervent, passionate, pious, religious, sincere, zealous, adherent, deep, earnest, fervid, genuine. godly, goody two-shoes, goody-goody, heartfelt, holy, intense, orthodox, pietistic, prayerful, profound, reverent, revering, righteous, serious, venerating, worshiping,

A Few Additional Scripture:
Psa 86:1-2...A Prayer of David. Incline, O Jehovah, Thine ear, Answer me, for I am poor and needy. Keep my soul, for I am pious, Save Thy servant -- who is trusting to Thee, O Thou, my God.

John 9:31...We know that God doesn't listen to sinners, but if anyone is devout and does his will, God listens to him.

Titus 1:8...but hospitable, loving what is good, sensible, just, devout, self-controlled,

2 Pet 3:11...Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be [in the meantime] in holy behavior [that is, in a pattern of daily life that sets you apart as a believer] and in godliness [displaying profound reverence toward our awesome God],​

The Bible says that God’s people are, first and foremost, to have “sincere and pure devotion to Christ” (2 Corinthians 11:3). We are to be devoted to prayer (Colossians 4:2) and to fellow believers: “Be devoted to one another in love” (Romans 12:10). Those who love God are to hate evil (Psalm 97:10), so being devoted to God is to practice personal holiness. The early church is described as being devoted to four important things: “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer” (Acts 2:42).​

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You really like taking an argument and bringing it to a place it has no business.

But because you reject all the principles men know how to communicate, such as definitions for words, even definitions when teh words are used as idiomds.

Devout does not mean saved, though it generally does!

YOu also forget that at Pentecost and thereafter, is a time of great transition in Israel. What does it take for a man to be saved since the birth of teh Body of
Christ at Pentecost? Believing in the death and physical resurrection of Jesus for your sins! These devout men needed to receive christ!

devout
[dəˈvout]
ADJECTIVE
  1. having or showing deep religious feeling or commitment.
    "she was a devout Catholic" ·
    pious · religious · devoted · dedicated · reverent · God-fearing · believing · spiritual · prayerful · holy · godly · saintly · faithful · dutiful · righteous · churchgoing · orthodox
    • totally committed to a cause or belief
devout does not mean saved- ti means devoted. One can be saved and devout. But a devout hindu or a dewvout enviornmentalist is not neccessarily saved because of their devoutness.

And all your definitions are limited to believers being devout! And I agree 100% with those definitions and scripture passages describing that Christians should be devout. But being devout in and of itself does not m,ean one is saved! It means they are devout. Unless you believe that all those devout Jews Peter preached to were already saved and had no need to receive Christ as Peter was preaching.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I agree 100% with those definitions and scripture passages describing that Christians should be devout.
Um, no those verses were not saying that "they should be devout....the truthful term was "they were devout."

Now until you can admit that Simeon was "saved" as an OT believer in the Messiah to come and being of the blessed "remnant" then I have nothing else to say to you. It is a FACT that Simeon was "saved" because the Holy Spirit was upon him and the Holy Spirit does not dwell in unsaved hearts or men who are not considered to be "righteous". Period!

Luk 2:25..."Now there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout, looking for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him."

And what did Jesus say to a woman before the cross?
Luk 7:50... And he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now until you can admit that Simeon was "saved" as an OT believer in the Messiah to come and being of the blessed "remnant" then I have nothing else to say to you. It is a FACT that Simeon was "saved" because the Holy Spirit was upon him and the Holy Spirit does not dwell in unsaved hearts or men who are not considered to be "righteous". Period!

Simeon was saved as an OT saint.

but those devout men were now post pentecost. So they needed to accept Christ to confirm their salvation! Devotion does not equal salvation. Unless of course you believe a devout muslim is saved.

Luk 2:25..."Now there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout, looking for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him."

Upon Hiim, not indwelling him! there is a big difference if you are unaware!

And what did Jesus say to a woman before the cross?
Luk 7:50... And he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

Lots of people got saved in the OT! But Abraham and Noah did not trust Jesus as their savior to be saved. But once the church was born any devout Jew had to be born again!

Acts 13:50
But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts.

Are these devout and honorable women saved?

Acts 17:17
Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

these devout are not saved either!

Believers should be devout- but being devout is not part of getting saved. Devotion to God properly is a result of being saved!

Acts 10
King James Version

10 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,

2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

another devout man who was not saved yet.

Acts 10:7
And when the angel which spake unto Cornelius was departed, he called two of his household servants, and a devout soldier of them that waited on him continually;

Another devout but unsaved person.

Last edited:

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a difference between being saved before you die, which means you must become a true Christian before you die,
Well, what about the OT greats like Enoch and Elijah?

Was devout Enoch saved? I don't see any of the two words, devout and saved, in these two greats.

Gen 5:24...Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.

Heb 11:5...By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death; and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was attested as having pleased God.

Jude 1:14...It was of these also that Enoch in the seventh generation from Adam prophesied, saying, "Behold, the Lord came with his holy myriads, to execute judgment on all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness which they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."​

Was devout Elijah saved?

1Ki 17:1...Now Elijah the Tishbite, from the Gilead settlers,[fn] said to Ahab, “As the LORD God of Israel lives, in whose presence I stand, there will be no dew or rain during these years except by my command! ”

2Ki 2:11...As they continued walking and talking, a chariot of fire with horses of fire suddenly appeared and separated the two of them. Then Elijah went up into heaven in the whirlwind.​

Do you consider them devout/saved?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, what about the OT greats like Enoch and Elijah?

Was devout Enoch saved? I don't see any of the two words, devout and saved, in these two greats.

Gen 5:24...Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.

Heb 11:5...By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death; and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was attested as having pleased God.

Jude 1:14...It was of these also that Enoch in the seventh generation from Adam prophesied, saying, "Behold, the Lord came with his holy myriads, to execute judgment on all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness which they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."​

Was devout Elijah saved?

1Ki 17:1...Now Elijah the Tishbite, from the Gilead settlers,[fn] said to Ahab, “As the LORD God of Israel lives, in whose presence I stand, there will be no dew or rain during these years except by my command! ”

2Ki 2:11...As they continued walking and talking, a chariot of fire with horses of fire suddenly appeared and separated the two of them. Then Elijah went up into heaven in the whirlwind.​

Do you consider them devout/saved?

They were saved and devout! But being devout is an action one does while being saved isan action performed by god on a person. Being devout does not insure salvation. These men are very devout.

but lets cut to the chase, Do you believe those devout Jews in Jerusalem were already saved before they heard Peter preach and tell them about Jesus?

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For example, the first person that you mentioned, Simeon, was a Jew, and the implication is that he died shortly after seeing the baby Jesus. Hence he died about 30 years before Jesus started his ministry and therefore it was not possible for him to become a Christian. Similarly for John the baptist, about whom Jesus said there was no greater prophet and yet the least of Christians is greater than John
Am I understanding you to say that neither Simeon nor John the Baptist were not saved because they had not become Christians?

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a devout Jew did not mean you were saved
Not so! Being a "devout Jew" meant that you were looking for the Messiah through the promises of the Old Testament. It was that "believing remnant; that elect, God's people, God's chosen that was saved through their faith that the Messiah would bring salvation to ALL mankind who would walk by faith forward to the cross while we post resurrection look back at the cross."

First, according to Bauer's Lexicon (leaving out the Greek) concerning the word "devout" it says...."in our literature only of religious attitudes - devout, god-fearing...devout men...reverent enough.

References used were:
Micah 7:2... "The godly man has perished from the earth,...")
Acts 22:12...And on Ananias, a devout man according to the law, well spoken of by all the jews who lived there..." (Ananias was a prophet - my add)
Luke 2:25...Now there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout, looking for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit...."
I trust scripture first and then use references as much as possible to ensure that my understanding of scriptue is on target or off target. And that is what most all good pastors do prior to preaching on Sunday or giving Bible Studies. If they don't then it quickly becomes like Darby and his one-man's false interpretation that has spread through the churches faster than the c-19 virus.

Last edited:

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
keithr said:
Being a devout Jew did not mean you were saved
Not so!
Perhaps we should define what we mean by being 'saved'. Everyone is saved from death, the first death, as a result of Jesus' sacrifice of his life as the substitute for Adam, and as Jesus has paid the redemption price therefore all of mankind will be resurrected back to life again. Christians who remain overcomers until their death (or rapture change) are also saved from the second death (Revelation 2:11, Revelation 20:6); the rest of mankind will be resurrected and then restored to perfection during the Millenium and have a final trial at the end of the Millenium - those that are judged worthy will then have eternal life (they will then be saved), those that are not worthy will suffer the second death, and that wil be the end of them.

Jews, devout or not, are not overcoming Christians and so they are not yet saved. The Old Testament faithful will receive a better resurrection (Hebrews 11:35), resurrected already perfect, but I believe they will also be subject to the trial at the end of the Millenium.

It was that "believing remnant; that elect, God's people, God's chosen that was saved through their faith that the Messiah would bring salvation to ALL mankind who would walk by faith forward to the cross while we post resurrection look back at the cross."
I don't think that is what the Scriptures imply. The remnant were those that believed Jesus was the Messiah, and they became Christians. Just believing that the Messiah would come is not enough to save you (else all Jews would be saved). Only those Jews that listened to Jesus (or his disciples) and believed him were saved, Acts 3:22-23 (WEB):

(22) For Moses indeed said to the fathers, ‘The Lord God will raise up a prophet for you from among your brothers, like me. You shall listen to him in all things whatever he says to you.
(23) It will be that every soul that will not listen to that prophet will be utterly destroyed from among the people.’​

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps we should define what we mean by being 'saved'.
I'm fine with having that discusssion but I find your "system" confusing for "this generation" (from the cross to the Last Day/Judgment Day) at this time. So I would prefer to settle what saved means for those OT people from Adam to the "thief on the cross" first.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jews, devout or not, are not overcoming Christians and so they are not yet saved.
@keithr -- This is a transcript of a portion of a video of how the OT believers were saved. It's very simple and easy to follow. I have added some ephasises and deleted only minor "he saids" back and forth in their discussion but nothing of importances was deleted. You can watch the 4 minute video here at...

LAWSON: There is only one way of salvation. It is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. There is not one way to be saved in the Old Testament and a different way to be saved in the New Testament. That would be two different gospels. There wasn’t one way for the Jew to be saved, and now a different way for the gentile to be saved. That would be two roads to heaven. There’s only one road to heaven. Jesus said: “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me” (John 14:6).

In the Old Testament, they were saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, looking ahead to the coming of Christ. Jesus said in John 8:56, “Abraham saw My day, and he was glad.” We are saved by looking back to the first coming of Christ, who died on the cross bearing our sins. In the Old Testament, they simply looked ahead to the coming of Christ. We all meet at the foot of the cross. It is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone that anyone is saved. We must be crystal clear about this.

I have an Old Testament text, Genesis 15:6: “Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.” When Paul makes his case for justification by faith in the book of Romans, he doesn’t cite the example of how Matthew was converted, or how John Mark was converted, or Luke, or John; he goes back to the Old Testament. In Romans 3 and 4, specifically chapter 4, he uses the examples of Abraham and David to teach in the New Testament how someone is justified by faith. And in Romans 1:17, he says, “For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith, for it is written, ‘The righteous man shall live by faith,’” quoting Habakkuk 2:4.

Paul makes his case in the New Testament by quoting the Old Testament, referring to the very same gospel. Even the Bible itself teaches there’s only one way of salvation. If I could give you one more verse,.. Romans 1:1–2: “Paul, a bond-servant of Christ Jesus, set apart for the gospel of God, which was recorded in Old Testament Scripture by the prophets long ago.” The book of Romans says that the gospel was recorded in the Old Testament, and they believed it and were saved, just like we believe it and are saved.

“There is salvation in no other name, for there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Then 1 Timothy 2:5–6: “For there is one God.” How many gods are there? -- One God. “One God and one mediator between God and men.” How many mediators? One mediator.

“The man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, the testimony borne at the proper time.” There are as many mediators as there are gods. There’s only one God, and there’s only one mediator to this God, and that is the man, Christ Jesus. That is an immutable truth that is as equally true in the Old Testament as it is in the New Testament.

There’s the old saying, “If it’s new, it’s not true.So, if you ever hear some new way of salvation, you can just mark it off as heretical.

Reactions: Cassandra

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@keithr -- This is a transcript of a portion of a video of how the OT believers were saved. It's very simple and easy to follow. I have added some ephasises and deleted only minor "he saids" back and forth in their discussion but nothing of importances was deleted. You can watch the 4 minute video here at...

LAWSON: There is only one way of salvation. It is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. There is not one way to be saved in the Old Testament and a different way to be saved in the New Testament. That would be two different gospels. There wasn’t one way for the Jew to be saved, and now a different way for the gentile to be saved. That would be two roads to heaven. There’s only one road to heaven. Jesus said: “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me” (John 14:6).

In the Old Testament, they were saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, looking ahead to the coming of Christ. Jesus said in John 8:56, “Abraham saw My day, and he was glad.” We are saved by looking back to the first coming of Christ, who died on the cross bearing our sins. In the Old Testament, they simply looked ahead to the coming of Christ. We all meet at the foot of the cross. It is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone that anyone is saved. We must be crystal clear about this.

I have an Old Testament text, Genesis 15:6: “Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.” When Paul makes his case for justification by faith in the book of Romans, he doesn’t cite the example of how Matthew was converted, or how John Mark was converted, or Luke, or John; he goes back to the Old Testament. In Romans 3 and 4, specifically chapter 4, he uses the examples of Abraham and David to teach in the New Testament how someone is justified by faith. And in Romans 1:17, he says, “For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith, for it is written, ‘The righteous man shall live by faith,’” quoting Habakkuk 2:4.

Paul makes his case in the New Testament by quoting the Old Testament, referring to the very same gospel. Even the Bible itself teaches there’s only one way of salvation. If I could give you one more verse,.. Romans 1:1–2: “Paul, a bond-servant of Christ Jesus, set apart for the gospel of God, which was recorded in Old Testament Scripture by the prophets long ago.” The book of Romans says that the gospel was recorded in the Old Testament, and they believed it and were saved, just like we believe it and are saved.

“There is salvation in no other name, for there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Then 1 Timothy 2:5–6: “For there is one God.” How many gods are there? -- One God. “One God and one mediator between God and men.” How many mediators? One mediator.

“The man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, the testimony borne at the proper time.” There are as many mediators as there are gods. There’s only one God, and there’s only one mediator to this God, and that is the man, Christ Jesus. That is an immutable truth that is as equally true in the Old Testament as it is in the New Testament.

There’s the old saying, “If it’s new, it’s not true.So, if you ever hear some new way of salvation, you can just mark it off as heretical.

Oh, this is fantastic!!! thanks!♥♥

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Five Solas or Protestant dogmas!

Faith alone

Christ alone

Grace alone

Bible alone

Glory to God alone

Protestantism is unbiblical!

Faith alone! That means faith alone! Period!
No sacraments ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 acts 2:38-39 acts 8:36-38 Titus 3:5 1 pet 3:20-21
No obedience of faith rom 16:26
No repentance Lk 3:3
No suffering Mk 8:34 Mk 10:21 Phil 1:29
No hope rom 8:24
No charity 1 cor 13:2 1 cor 13:13
No love of God duet. 6:5
Prayer matt 7:7
No grace Jn 1:16-17
No patience Heb 10:36
No nothing but faith alone!
Alone means alone!

Rom 8: 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Three things are eternal (and therefore inseparable) faith, hope, & charity, and the greatest of these is charity! 1 cor 13

And never “faith alone”!

Rev. 2 I know thy works! I thought faith alone is all that mattered?

Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

How can salvation be by faith alone in Christ alone thru grace alone?

Faith alone?

1 cor 13:2 and 13:13, Phil 1:29, James 2:24 Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 oppose faith alone!

1 cor 13:2 “all faith” without charity avails nothing, nada!

“Faith alone” is heresy!
Hersey is treason against God!

Christ alone?

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Romans 4:24
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Not Christ alone must also believe on the Father who sent Christ!

Grace alone?

Mk 16:16 faith and baptism!
Jn 3:5 water and the spirit! Ez 36:25-27
Acts 2:38-39 the promise of the father, sacred oath is a sacrament!

Not grace alone but, grace thru baptism of water and the spirit, and a new heart full of love of God!

Matt 5:7 merciful receive mercy
Lk 7:47 forgiven by love
1 pet 4:8 charity covers sins
Jn 20:21-23 sins forgiven

Acts 22:15 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Jn 3:5 and Titus 3:5 born again refers to baptismal regeneration

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

Paul never taught justification by “faith alone”!

Did not Paul write these scriptures?

1 cor 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Three things are eternal (and therefore inseparable) faith, hope, & charity, and the greatest of these is charity! 1 cor 13:13

Phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Other scriptures opposing “faith alone”

Matt 5:7 mercy thru merciful
Lk 7:47 forgiven by love
1 pet 4:8 charity covers sins
Jn 20:21-23 sins forgiven