Christians are not under the New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I absolutely know I am saved NOW and will be with Him forever in Paradise.
That's a shame! It's much better to be with Jesus and God in heaven.

John 14:2-3 (WEB):
(2) In my Father’s house are many homes. If it weren’t so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.
(3) If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also.​

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it means that mankind's sins can now be forgiven -

Nope - "Mankind's SINS" always "could be forgiven". Many times in the Old Testament, people were forgiven without any help from Jesus.

"Forgiveness" is a simple act of the WILL - you decide to tear up the I.O.U. you're holding against them. But in the absolute their SIN is still on them.

Jesus SIN OFFERING on calvary wasn't ABOUT "Forgiveness" - is was about CLEANSING - eliminating the very sin itself from those cleansed by FAITH.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HOLY Church, speaking of the most Blessed Virgin, says that she went up from the desert of this world flowing with delights, leaning upon her Beloved. In fact, all the praises bestowed upon
the Saints, and upon Mary in particular, terminate in Christ our Lord ; because all these praises should be directed to the glory of her Divine Son, Who led her by His grace to the most exalted degree of merit and happiness. It is related in Scripture that the Queen of Saba, taking a multitude of gifts to Jerusalem, offered them all to Solomon. It is thus that all the saints act and the Mother of God especially. She is ever attentive to recognise that her virtues, her perfections, her merits, and her happiness proceed from the mercy of her Divine Son, Who is alone their source, their origin, and perfection : Soli Deo honor et gloria. All honour and glory to God alone; all should return to Him, because from Him alone is every perfect gift.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary & Eve!

Eve was of the First creation: carnal
Mary of the New creation: spiritual

Eve the cos of Sin and curse disobeyed God! Gen 3:12
Mary cos of salvation, Lk 1:30 & consented to our salvation Lk 1:38 obeyed God & found our salvation Lk 1:30

Eve mourned:
Mary rejoiced: Lk 1:46

Eve gave birth to the all sinners: mother of all the living. Gen 3:20
Mary to the savior of all men: mother of all living in Christ. Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Mary the mother of God! Lk 1:43

Eve brought punishment: gen 3:16
Mary salvation: Lk 1:30 & 38 Lk 2:30

Eve source of sin: gen 3:16
Mary source of grace: Lk 1:30 & 38

Eve brought death: gen 3:19
Mary life: Jn 1:16-17 & Jn 10:10

Eve only wounds & suffering: gen 3:19
Mary healing:

Eve infidelity: gen 3:6
Mary faithfulness: Lk 1:45

Eve offended the Lord: gen 3:6-7
Mary’s soul (being) doth magnify the Lord: Lk 1:46

Eve cursed: gen 3:17-19
Mary blessed: Lk 1:28

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women!
Lk 1:28

Sirach 24
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition

24 I am the mother of fair love, and of fear, and of knowledge, and of holy hope.
25 In me is all grace of the way and of the truth, in me is all hope of life and of virtue.
26 Come over to me, all ye that desire me, and be filled with my fruits.
27 For my spirit is sweet above honey, and my inheritance above honey and the honeycomb.
28 My memory is unto everlasting generations.
(I know this scripture is deleted by the tradition of men in the KJV)

The Dove, & rainbow signs of peace are types of Mary mother of our salvation who obtained peace for all men!

Song of Solomon 1:2
Smelling sweet of the best ointments. Thy name is as oil poured out: therefore young maidens have loved thee.
Oil heals and fuels the flame, and is the fruit of the olive (peace) so the name of Mary is our peace, and healing, and fire of divine love!

Proverbs 8:35
He that shall find me, shall find life, and shall have salvation from the Lord:

And hundreds more, you will find in the excellent book by Saint Alphonse Lugosi the glories of Mary!

Lk 1:45 all generations shall call me blessed!

Actually this is an exultation of thanksgiving for having obtain thier eternal salvation!

Mary and all the saints grace, virtues, and merits are from God’s infinite goodness mercy and love and they end in the God glory!

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a shame! It's much better to be with Jesus and God in heaven.
Luke 23:43...And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

Rev 2:7...He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.'

Not a bad place to be is it?

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Luke 23:43...And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

Rev 2:7...He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.'

No it's not a bad place. But it's not where Christians go to live after they have been changed to be new creations, having the divine nature. The thief on the cross beside Jesus was not a Christian. The "paradise of God" is not the paradise on the earth where non-Christians, such as the thief on the cross, will be resurrected to live. Revelation 2:7 is symbolic for "overcomers will have eternal life".

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not true! I know because because I heard his voice. I won't go into the details here but I tell you the truth....God heard me and He showed me that it was truely Him by events that occurred after that that only He could have put into place because I did not put those things into place...He did! Therefore, I absolutely know I am saved NOW and will be with Him forever in Paradise.

John 6:37-40 “All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”

Ephesians 1:4-6 “For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will-to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.”

Ephesians 1:7-10 “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment-to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.”

Romans 11:5-6 “So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.”

Romans 10:8-10 “This is the word of faith we proclaim: If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 “Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.”

Colossians 2:13-14 “When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.”

1 Peter 2:24 “He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By His stripes you are healed.”

2 Corinthians 5:21 “For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”

2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”

Romans 6:1-2 “What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?”

Acts 17:30 “God overlooked people’s ignorance about these things in earlier times, but now he commands everyone everywhere to repent of their sins and turn to him.”

Matthew 7:16-17 “You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.”

Romans 8:29 “For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.”

Philippians 1:6 (KJV) “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.”

Evidence of your salvation
  • You will rely upon Christ alone.
  • You will love God more.
  • You will have a greater sense of your sinfulness and your deep need for a Savior.
  • You will confess your sins daily and grow in repentance.
  • You will seek to be obedient to the Word of God.
  • You will have new desires and affections for Christ.
  • You will grow in your knowledge of the gospel and dependence upon Christ.
  • You will separate from the ways of the world.
  • You will desire to have fellowship with Christ and with other believers.
  • You will grow and produce fruit, sometimes faster than others and sometimes way slower than others, but there will be growth.
  • God will work in your life to conform you into the image of Christ.
Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

(Redemption is not Salvation)
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no we are members of Christ in his grace and filled with his spirit but no one is saved until the end!

matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Bible says that "the life of the flesh is in the blood", Leviticus 17:11

But this law was ceremonial, and is now no longer in force; the coming of the substance does away the shadow. The blood of animals are no longer ransom's shadow, but Christ's blood only; therefore there is now no reason for me to abstain from blood in my medium rare steak. The blood is now allowed for the nourishment of our bodies; not atonement for the soul. Now the blood of Christ makes atonement for our sins as the New Covenant is the fulfillment of that shadow.

Sin does not dwell in our blood; it is in our hearts and minds that we are tempted to sin. Blood can't do that.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if sin was in the blood (the Bible says that "the life of the flesh is in the blood", Leviticus 17:11) it would not matter, beause the blood of the mother and the blood of the fetus do not come into contact or mix (and the mother and fetus can have different blood groups).

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

A sinner would be an evil tree with evil fruit, but the fruit of Mary is salvation!

Mary brings in the good fruits of our redemption and salvation!

Only a queen can bear a king!

The mother of a king is always queen!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

conquers; overcome, endure, suffer, carry you’re cross,

that don’t sound like “faith alone” to me!

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is our spiritual mother

Mary is the Mother of the living in Christ and the new creation!

Genesis 3:20
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not just asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so.

Jesus is in the very least making Mary John’s spiritual mother! And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!
What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He proved Mary the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

Eve became the mother of a physical body of people, us as her literal descendants of flesh and blood. And Mary was just a young spiritual woman that God used to give birth to his "only-begotten Son" as his fleshly mother.(John 3:16)

But Genesis 3:15 is neither of these, for this "woman", as has already been explained, is a spiritual "woman" that would give "birth" to 144,001 "sons", and of which it is likely that Mary is also one of her "sons and daughters" (2 Cor 6:17, 18), being among the "about 120" in Jerusalem when the holy spirit was poured out for their anointing as "kings and priests".(Rev 1:6 KJV; Acts 1:14; 2:4)

After Jesus had just expelled a demon and spoke words of wisdom concerning this (Luke 11:14-26), a woman from the crowd exclaimed: "Happy is the womb that carried you and the breasts that nursed you !"(Luke 11:27) How did Jesus respond ? With accolades for his fleshly mother, praising her ? No.

Rather, he said: "No, rather, happy are those hearing the word of God and keeping it !”(Luke 11:28) Jesus gave no commendation to his mother, but instead informed his Jewish audience of the need to ' hear Jehovah's word and keep it '.(see Matt 4:4)

In fact, Jesus turned over the care of his fleshly mother, Mary, to the apostle John because "his (fleshly) brothers were, in fact, not exercising faith in him".(John 7:5) And John was known as grasping the meaning of genuine love more than even the other apostles, speaking of love in his letters (1 John 4:7-10), so that Jesus saw the need to give him some oversight for his fleshly mother, knowing that he would take excellent care of her, for apparently Joseph had been dead for a while.

So, the "woman" at Genesis 3:15 is neither Eve (who rebelled against Jehovah, siding with his archenemy, so how could Jehovah use her now that she is a rebel that sided with Satan ?) nor Mary, who although a good woman, was just the means for Jehovah to have his Son born on the earth.

It is apparent that no one here can identify the "woman" accurately, and is seen at Isaiah 54, 60, 62 and Revelation 12 as a symbolic "woman" whereby she is clothed in spiritual light (see Rev 12:1), in which her "offspring" is diametrically opposed to ' the serpent's offspring ', as seen at Revelation 12:17, after she gives birth to a symbolic "son", that proved to be a heavenly government called God's Kingdom. This clearly denotes that there are only two organizations on the earth, Jehovah's and Satan's.

At Isaiah 60, Jehovah says of the "woman": "Arise, O woman, shed (spiritual) light, for your light has come. The glory of Jehovah shines on you. For look ! (spiritual) darkness will cover the earth and thick gloom the nations (because ' the entire inhabited earth is misled by Satan ', Rev 12:9); But on you Jehovah will shine (revealing his everlasting purpose for a paradise earth by means of God's Kingdom, unlocking Bible truths, see Dan 12:4), and on you his glory will be seen.......Foreigners (or the "other sheep", John 10:16) will build your walls, and their kings (or very capable ones among them) will minister to you, for in my indignation I struck you (as a fleshly nation), but in my favor I will have mercy on you (as a spiritual nation, as seen at Hosea 1:10, that says: "And in the place where it was said to them, ' You are not my people [or the nation of natural Israel that was rejected by Jehovah, see Matt 23:37-39], ' it will be said to them, ' The sons of the living God ' or a new "nation" of spiritual "Israelites"; see Matt 21:42, 43; Rom 9:25, 26; Gal 6:16).

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 54 is obviously not referring to Eve! It is symbolically referring to Zion/Israel, to whom God says, verse 5, "For your Maker is your husband; Yahweh of Armies is his name. The Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer. He will be called the God of the whole earth". But even so, all Bible references to a woman that is not Eve does not mean that the woman referred to in Genesis 3:15 is also not Eve! Eve was the only woman that had ever existed when God spoke to the serpent in the garden of Eden at Genesis 3:15. Read it again, Genesis 3:12-16 (WEB):

(12) The man said, “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
(13) Yahweh God said to the woman, “What have you done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
(14) Yahweh God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this, you are cursed above all livestock, and above every animal of the field. You shall go on your belly and you shall eat dust all the days of your life.
(15) I will put hostility between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring. He will bruise your head, and you will bruise his heel.”
(16) To the woman he said, “I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth. In pain you will bear children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”​

"The woman" is clearly referring to Eve in those verses, just as it is clear that "the man" is referring to Adam. They were the only two humans that had existed up to that time. Next you'll be saying that the serpent that God was talking to wasn't the serpent that talked with the woman! :rolleyes: The whole of chapter 3 speaks of "the woman", "the serpent" and "the man". It's not until after this that Adam gives the woman a name - Genesis 3:20 (WEB) - "The man called his wife Eve because she would be the mother of all the living".

Paul mentions two women by name, Sarah and Hagar, and quoting Isaiah 54:1 as a reference to Sarah (who was barren until she gave birth to Isaac in her old age). Verse 22 says, "For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the servant, and one by the free woman". So it is talking about Abraham having a son via a slave woman and a free woman. Clearly this has absolutley nothing to do with Eve, and has no bearing on who the woman was (Eve) that is mentioned in Genesis 3:15!

Again God is symbolically referring to Zion/Israel. Verse 14 says, (WEB):

(14) The sons of those who afflicted you will come bowing to you; and all those who despised you will bow themselves down at the soles of your feet. They will call you Yahweh’s City, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.​

Precisely, it's referring to the nation of Israel and not to an actual single woman. It has no bearing on Genesis 3:15.

You seem to be quoting the NWT, but there is no reference to a woman in the translations I've looked at. Again it's symbolically referring to Jerusalem/Israel. Refer to the previous verse for context (NWT):

(1) For the sake of Zion I will not keep silent, and for the sake of Jerusalem I will not keep still until her righteousness shines like a bright light and her salvation burns like a torch.
(2) The nations will see your righteousness, O woman, and all kings your glory.​
or WEB:
(2) The nations will see your righteousness, and all kings your glory, ...​

That's a totally illogical deduction!

Concerning the "woman" as "you seem to be quoting the NWT, but there is no reference to a woman in the in the translations I've looked at", for you have not done your "homework", in which at Isaiah 54:1, it speak of "someone" giving birth. Now who gives birth, a man or a woman ?

It is obvious that only a woman gives birth to children, so the addition of the word "woman" clarifies who it is being spoken to, and of which the online Scripture4all Hebrew interlinear says underneath the Hebrew word shamen, "woman-being-desolate", as well as underneath the Hebrew word baal, "woman-being-possessed" at the end of Isaiah 54:1, for those who do serious and unbiased research will see this.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus SIN OFFERING on calvary wasn't ABOUT "Forgiveness" - is was about CLEANSING - eliminating the very sin itself from those cleansed by FAITH.

We are not cleansed by Faith, we are cleansed by the Blood of Jesus that is the sacrifice for those sins you are talking about.

Jesus's sacrifice of Himself is a "one time Eternal Sacrifice for all sin"......and it is APPLIED to you, when you give God your faith.

This is an Eternal forgiveness that you dont have to try to keep.
Its a Gift.
"The GIFT of Salvation", and "the GIFT of Righteousness"
The Born again are "MADE Righteous"....and remain so, = SPIRITUALLY, as its the spirit that is born again, not the body or the mind.

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not cleansed by Faith, we are cleansed by the Blood of Jesus that is the sacrifice for those sins you are talking about.

Jesus's sacrifice of Himself is a "one time Eternal Sacrifice for all sin"......and it is APPLIED to you, when you give God your faith.

Eph 2:8,9

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Eph 2:8,9

Grace, as the mercy of God.... is God's Salvation.
This is literally Christ on the Cross who is the Grace of God offered as "the gift of Salvation".
This Grace is applied THROUGH your faith. In other words, you give God your faith, and God applies the Sacrifice of Christ to you, as your redemption.
So, this is not faith saving you...Its GOD saving you, through your faith.

Some believers have this odd perspective on "faith". They believe that faith saves them.
Its does not.
Faith is not the savior.
God is the Savior.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eve became the mother of a physical body of people, us as her literal descendants of flesh and blood. And Mary was just a young spiritual woman that God used to give birth to his "only-begotten Son" as his fleshly mother.(John 3:16)

But Genesis 3:15 is neither of these, for this "woman", as has already been explained, is a spiritual "woman" that would give "birth" to 144,001 "sons", and of which it is likely that Mary is also one of her "sons and daughters" (2 Cor 6:17, 18), being among the "about 120" in Jerusalem when the holy spirit was poured out for their anointing as "kings and priests".(Rev 1:6 KJV; Acts 1:14; 2:4)

gen 3:15 refers to Christ as the savior his mother is Mary!
Rev 12 refers to Christ who rules all nations his mother is Mary!
The woman in both MUST be Mary the ever virgin mother of God!

After Jesus had just expelled a demon and spoke words of wisdom concerning this (Luke 11:14-26), a woman from the crowd exclaimed: "Happy is the womb that carried you and the breasts that nursed you !"(Luke 11:27) How did Jesus respond ? With accolades for his fleshly mother, praising her ? No.

Rather, he said: "No, rather, happy are those hearing the word of God and keeping it !”(Luke 11:28) Jesus gave no commendation to his mother, but instead informed his Jewish audience of the need to ' hear Jehovah's word and keep it '.(see Matt 4:4)

He is glorifying his mother
See lk 1:45

In fact, Jesus turned over the care of his fleshly mother, Mary, to the apostle John because "his (fleshly) brothers were, in fact, not exercising faith in him".(John 7:5) And John was known as grasping the meaning of genuine love more than even the other apostles, speaking of love in his letters (1 John 4:7-10), so that Jesus saw the need to give him some oversight for his fleshly mother, knowing that he would take excellent care of her, for apparently Joseph had been dead for a while.

Where does it say anything about “care” or caring for his mother”?

why does she need become his mother for him to care for her???

So, the "woman" at Genesis 3:15 is neither Eve (who rebelled against Jehovah, siding with his archenemy, so how could Jehovah use her now that she is a rebel that sided with Satan ?) nor Mary, who although a good woman, was just the means for Jehovah to have his Son born on the earth.

It is apparent that no one here can identify the "woman" accurately, and is seen at Isaiah 54, 60, 62 and Revelation 12 as a symbolic "woman" whereby she is clothed in spiritual light (see Rev 12:1), in which her "offspring" is diametrically opposed to ' the serpent's offspring ', as seen at Revelation 12:17, after she gives birth to a symbolic "son", that proved to be a heavenly government called God's Kingdom. This clearly denotes that there are only two organizations on the earth, Jehovah's and Satan's.

At Isaiah 60, Jehovah says of the "woman": "Arise, O woman, shed (spiritual) light, for your light has come. The glory of Jehovah shines on you. For look ! (spiritual) darkness will cover the earth and thick gloom the nations (because ' the entire inhabited earth is misled by Satan ', Rev 12:9); But on you Jehovah will shine (revealing his everlasting purpose for a paradise earth by means of God's Kingdom, unlocking Bible truths, see Dan 12:4), and on you his glory will be seen.......Foreigners (or the "other sheep", John 10:16) will build your walls, and their kings (or very capable ones among them) will minister to you, for in my indignation I struck you (as a fleshly nation), but in my favor I will have mercy on you (as a spiritual nation, as seen at Hosea 1:10, that says: "And in the place where it was said to them, ' You are not my people [or the nation of natural Israel that was rejected by Jehovah, see Matt 23:37-39], ' it will be said to them, ' The sons of the living God ' or a new "nation" of spiritual "Israelites"; see Matt 21:42, 43; Rom 9:25, 26; Gal 6:16).

eve was the mother of the living in the first creation!

there is a new creation which demands a new mother of the living!

Eve was the first Eve, a new Adam demands a new Eve!

Rachel was the spiritual mother of the old covenant.

a new covenant demands a new spiritual mother!

Mary!

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But Genesis 3:15 is neither of these, for this "woman", as has already been explained, is a spiritual "woman" that would give "birth" to 144,001 "sons"
You have not explained it! You merely stated your interpretation. That doen't make it the truth, neither does it persuade me to believe you! You've not explained how you connect up the 144,000 Jews to be "sons". The 144,000 Jews, referred to as servants and not sons (Revelation 7:3), are spread evenly among 12 tribes of Israel and are on the earth after the fullnes of the gentiles (the whole of the Christian Church, who made their sacrifice during the acceptable time for sacrifice) have been resurrected and changed to become divine spirit beings, adopted sons of God, and are already sitting on their thrones in heaven (symbolically represented by the 24 elders). As Revelation 7:1 says, "After this, I saw ...". It is after the events of the previous chapter, when the resurrected Church in heaven (Revelation 5:9-10) watched Jesus open 6 of the 7 seals on the scroll.

Paul pointed out in Galations 3:16 (WEB):
(16) Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his offspring. He doesn’t say, “To descendants”, as of many, but as of one, “To your offspring”, which is Christ.​

Likewise in Genesis 3:15 it speaks of the seed, singular - "thou shalt bruise his heel". You can't include the 144,000 into that seed.

Genesis 3:15 can't be referring to a "spiritual woman" (do you mean a symbolic woman?) because God speaks to her and Adam - Genesis 3:16-17 (WEB):

(16) To the woman he said, “I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth. In pain you will bear children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”
(17) To Adam he said, “Because you have listened to your wife’s voice, and ate from the tree, about which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it,’ the ground is cursed for your sake. You will eat from it with much labor all the days of your life.​

Adam then gives the woman a name - Eve (Genesis 3:20).

So, the "woman" at Genesis 3:15 is neither Eve (who rebelled against Jehovah, siding with his archenemy, so how could Jehovah use her now that she is a rebel that sided with Satan ?)
God has "used" many men and women, all of which were sinners. Being a sinner doesn't mean that you have sided with Satan - that's a harsh accusation to make of poor Eve, who's only recorded mistake was that she believed Satan's lies and was deceived by him.

It is apparent that no one here can identify the "woman" accurately,
I can - it was Eve!

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Concerning the "woman" as "you seem to be quoting the NWT, but there is no reference to a woman in the in the translations I've looked at", for you have not done your "homework", in which at Isaiah 54:1, it speak of "someone" giving birth. Now who gives birth, a man or a woman ?
The "woman" referred to in Isaiah 54 is clearly symbolically referring to the nation of Israel, not a literal woman. Verse 7 and the last verse say:

(7) “For a small moment I have forsaken you; but I will gather you with great mercies.
(Referring to the regathering of the scattered Israelites.)
(17) No weapon that is formed against you will prevail; and you will condemn every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of Yahweh’s servants, and their righteousness is of me,” says Yahweh.​

As to whether a man or a woman gives birth, is God a woman? 1 John 5:1 (WEB):

(1) Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God. Whoever loves the Father also loves the child who is born of him.​

It is obvious that only a woman gives birth to children, so the addition of the word "woman" clarifies who it is being spoken to, and of which the online Scripture4all Hebrew interlinear says underneath the Hebrew word shamen, "woman-being-desolate", as well as underneath the Hebrew word baal, "woman-being-possessed" at the end of Isaiah 54:1, for those who do serious and unbiased research will see this.
It is symbolic and alluding to Sarah and Hagar, Sarah being barren ("woman-being-desolate") and Hagar, Sarah's servant ("woman-being-possessed"), giving birth to Ishmael.