"Christians" Attacking and Slandering Christians What is more Pathetic??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read this in a book recently:

It is not that we plan to be this way. We have no intention of exploding with anger or of parading a sticky arrogance, but when we are with people, what we are comes out. Though we may try with all our might to hide these things, we are betrayed by our eyes, our tongue, our chin, our hands, our whole body language. Willpower has no defense against the careless word, the unguarded moment. The will has the same deficiency as the law — it can deal only with externals. It is incapable of bringing about the necessary transformation of the inner spirit.

When we despair of gaining inner transformation through human powers of will and determination, we are open to a wonderful new realization: inner righteousness is a gift from God to be graciously received. The needed change within us is God’s work, not ours. The demand is for an inside job, and only God can work from the inside. We cannot attain or earn this righteousness of the kingdom of God; it is a grace that is given.

In the book of Romans, the apostle Paul goes to great lengths to show that righteousness is a gift of God. He uses the term thirty-five times in this epistle and each time insists that righteousness is unattained and unattainable through human effort. One of the clearest statements is Romans 5:17, “…those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness [shall] reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.” This teaching, of course, is found not only in Romans but throughout Scripture and stands as one of the cornerstones of the Christian faith.

Last edited:

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should we slander as Christians? Not at all. Are we all guilty of doing it at one point? Yes, myself included.

I do believe that we can gently rebuke a teacher/preacher if what they are preaching is not scriptural, but it needs to be done out of love. It would be unloving to allow someone to lead others astray and not say anything.

Example: Priscilla and Aquila took Apollos aside and taught him. (Acts 18:24-26)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who wants to see "christians" slandering and attacking anointed men of God more than satan and demons??
You are assuming that all preachers are "anointed men of God". We would all like to see this but the truth of the matter is that today false teachers, false apostles, and false prophets have proliferated like never before. They need to be identified and exposed. That is not slander.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should we slander as Christians? Not at all. Are we all guilty of doing it at one point? Yes, myself included.

I do believe that we can gently rebuke a teacher/preacher if what they are preaching is not scriptural, but it needs to be done out of love. It would be unloving to allow someone to lead others astray and not say anything.

Example: Priscilla and Aquila took Apollos aside and taught him. (Acts 18:24-26)
And, therein lies the rub. I honestly have to say that not once have I ever seen that happen on a forum. Any forum.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, therein lies the rub. I honestly have to say that not once have I ever seen that happen on a forum. Any forum.

I honestly can't say that I've seen it in person either and there has been times where I have missed the mark on it as well when talking to another believer.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Luke 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

This is why we should be praying for our christian leaders in the media because you know the devil will target them to lead them astray and by doing so, lead others astray too.

Any saved believer that testifies to feeling what they believe was the Holy Spirit coming down on them apart from salvation are being led astray, because the Holy Spirit does not need to come down on any saved believer when He was already in them as promised since they had come to & believed in Jesus Christ at their salvation at the calling of the gospel.

To believe that every spirit to be the Holy Spirit that comes over that believer after having received the Lord Jesus Christ at their salvation, then there is no way any saved believer can test the spirits because they are not listening to the apostle John's warning not to believe every spirit but test them.

You cannot receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation when there is no need for you when He dwells in you forever since your salvation.

As no lie can be of the truth, any christian leader in the media giving a message as given by that phenomenon, you have to discern with Him, especially when that message is no different from any other message given by that christian leader in the media.

No one needs the Holy Spirit coming down on them to speak of the signs when we have His written words in the KJV and our eyeballs with the Holy Spirit in us to help us to see the signs around us that He is coming soon as the Bridegroom.

If that christian leader is advertising books to sell to his many viewers, then he may just be using that as a new hype to sell his books for the love of money, especially if he has always been doing that in the course of his ministry.

Good post and great scripture. It has always been hard to understand how ANY so called pastor, teacher,preacher...could do these things we are warned about many times. "...2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy;
having their conscience seared with a hot iron;" <---- Thank you! I have not really thought of this scripture for the answer. That is HOW they can do it! Their consciences have been eroding to the point of total blindness.
Bottom line is that God knows our hearts, and as there is probably at least some erroneous teaching in every church- I cannot believe that the true Christian sitting under the teachings of their Church's error's will be held accountable. But, WOE to some of these false teachers...and we use our discernment as we open ourselves to the Holy Spirit's guidance as He is with us always and forever ♥

"1 Timothy 4:2 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;"

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says==judge not lest you be judged! For a Man of God to sell a book and then use that money to help give the world the Gospel He is doing a VERY GOOD thing=a smart thing!!

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Jesus is not saying you can never judge as in correct a believer in what they are saying or doing. Jesus is saying per His words above that you make sure when you correct a believer, that you are not doing the same thing, because if you are, then you need to stop before you can correct others. FYI

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Frankly, the only way we can NOT do this, is to never say a word except shallow, often insincere words that mimic encouragement.
Or simply always say only the words that the Holy Spirit puts in our hearts to be spoken with our mouths. Who can do that? Jesus but how close to Him are we? How like Him are we? Where do we get our words? Where should we get our words?

"And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:
For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say." Luke 12:11-12

Are we not His sheep hearing the God's voice as He provides the words needed when they are needed? If not, why not?

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I honestly can't say that I've seen it in person either and there has been times where I have missed the mark on it as well when talking to another believer.
Well, we are not Jesus (as much as some people love to claim they operate just like Him). And that fact is the reason we have to depend upon Him... because there are many places that, try as we may, we fall short. In fact, we often fall flat on our faces.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and LC627

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made no comment as to what he should do.===judge not lest you be judged! For a Man of God to sell a book and then use that money to help give the world the Gospel He is doing a VERY GOOD thing=a smart thing!! =====If you sell a book what you use that money for is all your choice but if you do use it to share the Gospel I say you did a good thing!
But when people sell something, even for a good purpose, supposedly for God's purpose, how much of the sales price goes back into God's work? Each salesman has to draw that line. Some don't do that very well:

"But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things." Acts 5:1-5

But some do better than others... God is the final judge.

Reactions: Helen

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or simply always say only the words that the Holy Spirit puts in our hearts to be spoken with our mouths. Who can do that? Jesus but how close to Him are we? How like Him are we? Where do we get our words? Where should we get our words?

"And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:
For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say." Luke 12:11-12

Are we not His sheep hearing the God's voice as He provides the words needed when they are needed? If not, why not?

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27
Good idea... if we did not override it. How many times have you seen people writing that they know they are right because THEY have the Holy Spirit directing THEM. (Implying, of course, that those they disagree with DO NOT have that benefit.)

Reactions: amadeus

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was never required of A&S to give even one dime of that specific sale to anyone. They blew it when they tried to look good by lying about it.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are assuming that all preachers are "anointed men of God". We would all like to see this but the truth of the matter is that today false teachers, false apostles, and false prophets have proliferated like never before. They need to be identified and exposed. That is not slander.

But we must first know what the truth is so as know that someone is wrong, and second we need to know that it is our job appointed to us by God to open our mouths to expose them. There is a time to speak and a time to remain silent. We need to listen to and follow God.

If we are in error in our understanding and go ahead and open our mouth who is it that we have helped? Who is it that we have hurt. Where is the edification? Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: faithfulness

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good idea... if we did not override it. How many times have you seen people writing that they know they are right because THEY have the Holy Spirit directing THEM. (Implying, of course, that those they disagree with DO NOT have that benefit.)
I agree.

I do strive to always be in agreement with God but still at times miss the way. Some people have decided that they are right and go ahead jumping in with all they have in decision after decision without checking in each time with God.

The Holy Spirit will direct us, but sometimes we are distracted or are simply paying too close attention to our own logically conclusions to listen to and pay attention to God in us. This probably happens frequently. The result is a mixed message, part from God and part from something else. Do any believers in Jesus ever do that?

Sometimes a person who really has received a revelation from God on something, from that day forward when the same or similar situation occurs, he acts or reacts the same way as if that precise answer will always be exactly right. God does not change, but God always knows all of the facts of every situation. No one else does. To presume that we do and acting accordingly will get us in trouble with God.

Reactions: faithfulness

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post and great scripture. It has always been hard to understand how ANY so called pastor, teacher,preacher...could do these things we are warned about many times. "...2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;" <---- Thank you! I have not really thought of this scripture for the answer. That is HOW they can do it! Their consciences have been eroding to the point of total blindness.
Bottom line is that God knows our hearts, and as there is probably at least some erroneous teaching in every church- I cannot believe that the true Christian sitting under the teachings of their Church's error's will be held accountable.

If they follow the crowd blindly in doing and speaking the same thing, then yes, they will be held accountable. Those who do not follow after them, I would think the Lord Jesus Christ would lead them out of that service thru the Holy Spirit in them.

But, WOE to some of these false teachers...and we use our discernment as we open ourselves to the Holy Spirit's guidance as He is with us always and forever ♥
"1 Timothy 4:2 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;"

To be more precise and standing apart from their error of "opening themselves up to receiving spirits which they claim is the Holy Spirit", we should say with His help that "we are led by the indwelling Holy Spirit's guidance since He is in us and is with us forever."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sometimes a person who really has received a revelation from God on something, from that day forward when the same or similar situation occurs, he acts or reacts the same way as if that precise answer will always be exactly right. God does not change, but God always knows all of the facts of every situation. No one else does. To presume that we do and acting accordingly will get us in trouble with God.

Excellent post
That which starts off well ends badly.
I can think of books written about such things.
God answered prayer for the person...so they write a book on "how to pray and get an answer" or "How God works in such and such case"
Or "The Key to...whatever"

It sells books , but doesn't work. And sadly it hinders the person from asking God next time the How , the What ,or the When of issues...for they now believe that they " know it all". :(
The devil has so many traps.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.

I do strive to always be in agreement with God but still at times miss the way. Some people have decided that they are right and go ahead jumping in with all they have in decision after decision without checking in each time with God.

The Holy Spirit will direct us, but sometimes we are distracted or are simply paying too close attention to our own logically conclusions to listen to and pay attention to God in us. This probably happens frequently. The result is a mixed message, part from God and part from something else. Do any believers in Jesus ever do that?

A good way to avoid that distraction came in the form of the book I quoted earlier, Celebration of Discipline, but I'm afraid it might be considered too Legalistic for many here to really appreciate. However, it does open up a whole new world.

Reactions: amadeus