"Christians" Attacking and Slandering Christians What is more Pathetic??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you guys walk around talking about ‘Kingdom Living’ and ‘Kingdom values’? I know vineyard has been around a lot longer, but is it sort of a forerunner of emergent churches? I will read more....

Thanks for the link
If you mean "emerging" from the confines of a building, and taking Christianity to the same places Jesus walked, then, I suppose so.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you mean "emerging" from the confines of a building, and taking Christianity to the same places Jesus walked, then, I suppose so.

Ha. No..

I think they are separate

Reactions: GodsGrace

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it is simple when you know how to do it. I will save the location for extra reading time. Thank you for the assist. Maybe I could have found it myself online, but likely I would have searched for it in my same old fashioned ways and failing in them I would have let it go. I am not as old fashioned as my 93 old pastor, but I am way behind a lot of others. Thanks again!

Reactions: Willie T

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just use the ignore button - you will be happier for it

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it is simple when you know how to do it. I will save the location for extra reading time. Thank you for the assist. Maybe I could have found it myself online, but likely I would have searched for it in my same old fashioned ways and failing in them I would have let it go. I am not as old fashioned as my 93 old pastor, but I am way behind a lot of others. Thanks again!
I have dozens of books on my computer hard drive that I found like that, and then simply did a "Control/A" and then Copy/Pasted them into my MS Word program. No more returning to the website, and no more tiny pages to squint at.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have dozens of books on my computer hard drive that I found like that, and then simply did a "Control/A" and then Copy/Pasted them into my MS Word program. No more returning to the website, and no more tiny pages to squint at.
Oh I have known that it was possible, but I have never done it. My grandkids could help but they live a ways off and I am not much on trying many unfamiliar things on the computer. I spend hours on it with my hobbies and my own Bible studies as well an autobiography and you name it offline. Online, I don't much other than forums like this and a few e-mail conversations. I have saved the location of that book, but I will try what you suggested. I do have access to Word and Excel programs. The former is where I save my Bible studies and write on my autobiography. The latter is where I organize my stamp collection and sales. I wish I had access to a computer when I was in school. They taught me a lot when I was working for Social Security, but the Internet was not becoming a big thing with them until I was about to retire.

Reactions: Willie T

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I do something to piss you off? I thought you asked about the group, or I wouldn't have sent it to you.

No not at all.

I enjoy reading your posts.

I was just speaking generally to the board - ignoring people who just want to argue is good advice

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Frankly, the only way we can NOT do this, is to never say a word except shallow, often insincere words that mimic encouragement.

Well...I'd have to disagree with you here! I think it's quite possible to disagree with a person over many different topics and still not be nasty or shallow/insincere. Just because you disagree, it doesn't mean you despise them or their ideas. I think, perhaps unfortunately, that many people think exactly that though, which leads to some of the confrontations we see on this forum.
I think part of the problem is the nature of the beast, so to speak. Our faith is such a massive part of ourselves; such a private, personal, intimate expression of what we think matters most in this life. And when we are confronted by someone who challenges those beliefs, we tend to lash out. After all, to accept that those challenges could have a sound basis would be tantamount to accepting your foundation had cracks in it.
I think the key to this is to just be sure. As in, confident in the one who holds the truth. So what if your understanding is perhaps flawed? God's truth will stand, regardless of your human failing or intellect. If you are sure of what the bible teaches, and that that person over there is wrong, then that's sad for them. Sure, have a conversation about it. Learn about what they think, grow in your own understanding about what you believe. But ultimately its not up to you to hold the foundation of truth and the universe. It's up to God. And I think that should free us up to converse with others about what they believe without the need to get really nasty. Sure, try and point to God's truth, if you are sure...God calls us to be beacons of light, and to be passionate about it! But if we can't get through, or we can't answer something, or someone else is being nasty...it's really on them, and on the strength of God's truth. And I think he can take it. We can walk away secure, knowing that despite how the conversation went, who may have "come out on top", we presented our view and shone our light. That's all we can do, right?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I think you mean control C and control V for the pasting.
For those that are going to try it for the first time....

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well...I'd have to disagree with you here! I think it's quite possible to disagree with a person over many different topics and still not be nasty or shallow/insincere. Just because you disagree, it doesn't mean you despise them or their ideas. I think, perhaps unfortunately, that many people think exactly that though, which leads to some of the confrontations we see on this forum.
I think part of the problem is the nature of the beast, so to speak. Our faith is such a massive part of ourselves; such a private, personal, intimate expression of what we think matters most in this life. And when we are confronted by someone who challenges those beliefs, we tend to lash out. After all, to accept that those challenges could have a sound basis would be tantamount to accepting your foundation had cracks in it.
I think the key to this is to just be sure. As in, confident in the one who holds the truth. So what if your understanding is perhaps flawed? God's truth will stand, regardless of your human failing or intellect. If you are sure of what the bible teaches, and that that person over there is wrong, then that's sad for them. Sure, have a conversation about it. Learn about what they think, grow in your own understanding about what you believe. But ultimately its not up to you to hold the foundation of truth and the universe. It's up to God. And I think that should free us up to converse with others about what they believe without the need to get really nasty. Sure, try and point to God's truth, if you are sure...God calls us to be beacons of light, and to be passionate about it! But if we can't get through, or we can't answer something, or someone else is being nasty...it's really on them, and on the strength of God's truth. And I think he can take it. We can walk away secure, knowing that despite how the conversation went, who may have "come out on top", we presented our view and shone our light. That's all we can do, right?
Your last few words there are pretty much what I said at first..... we often end up just shutting our mouths and walking away. If we stay and "converse", our conversation usually becomes far less than the truth we believe in.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you mean control C and control V for the pasting.
For those that are going to try it for the first time....
No, you have to do the Control/A first to select the book...… THEN you can do the Copy/Paste in whatever manner you choose. (Click your courser somewhere inside the book first.)

Just an initial Control/C will usually pick up everything else on the page, advertising and all. And you don't want all that other junk.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it's quite possible to disagree with a person over many different topics and still not be nasty or shallow/insincere.
For Christians discussing Bible truths, the only thing that should be in view is "What do the 66 books of the Scriptures say"?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For Christians discussing Bible truths, the only thing that should be in view is "What do the 66 books of the Scriptures say"?
If that person happens to be sola scriptura and believe the Bible consists of only 66 books ;)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If that person happens to be sola scriptura and believe the Bible consists of only 66 books ;)
Well that is where truth begins and ends. Not in the apocryphal books for sure. What are euphemistically called "deuterocanonical", as though that changes the fact that they are not divinely inspired.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so sure thats the case; 'brood of vipers' etc...

When Jesus says that, He is judging them knowing them for whom they are. He is God. He can do that.

James 4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. 12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

That is not for us to judge fellow professing believers in that way. We can condemn the sin but not the saved believer. We can correct the believer, but hardly condemn him as if not a believer and thus not saved. Only God can judge that.

What we are to do by leaning on Him to help us in serving Him is this below...

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

If you look at the next scriptural reference in how bad a brother can go astray....

2 Thessalonians 3:1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. 4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. 5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;............14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

We can't really dismiss the wayward believer or even the former believer as if he or she is not a believer. And so when the moment that name calling and condemnation starts, whoever doing it does so not in the spirit of meekness and certainly not seeking any more to win back the lost, but has given in the flesh to bite and devour one another.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You don't realize how very inept I am when it comes to a lot of things available online. I wouldn't know where or how to start looking for an online book free or otherwise.

You sound like Dave. :D

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just use the ignore button - you will be happier for it
One does not have to use any ignore button. We all have the option of responding or not responding to anything that is said. And that should not offend anyone.