"Christians" Attacking and Slandering Christians What is more Pathetic??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You cannot see the actual posts.
It's just not there.
I have one on ignore.

But if someone is replying to the blocked person doesn't it make it hard to follow the thread...?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if someone is replying to the blocked person doesn't it make it hard to follow the thread...?
Yes, it would be absolutely nuts to even comment on a reply to something you can't even see.

I don't do the IGNORE thing, and I almost never report anyone unless they are WAY over the edge

Reactions: brakelite

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This forum is not the most important thing in my life as it is for some others. :)

It didn't used to be...and it's not "the most" important. But it does fill a part of my life...my heart is not good ( like right now..) some days I can hardly do anything because of it...so this site is a stop-gap for me. I like many of the people here...and enjoy reading their beliefs and opinions...

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wants His people to be well!
proverbs 4:20-22
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
If we really believe the Word of God is medicine, then let us take Him at His word

Many people find it difficult to believe that God wants them well. They may be suffering personally or perhaps watching a loved one endure sickness and pain. In either case, they become discouraged after their prayers seemingly go unanswered. They then conclude that God must be allowing this to happen, or worse, that He has caused it. Both are wrong and both bring into question the goodness of God.

zipzaddle

Aug 11, 2018
Västmanland County / Västerås
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
Christians" Attacking and Slandering Christians What is more Pathetic?? Why do satan"s work? Why help satan? Why allow satan to use you as his tool, fool, puppet?? Think!!
Are they Christians or Internet Trolls? Especially here on the Christian forums you will find trolls. Not just a person "ranting", but a group backed by people educated in Psychological warfare. They know how to agitate you and waste your time. It is their job [paid] so there are no "feelings" on their side just copy and paste what is given to them.

This is a place for the enemy to be to discourage people. A friend asked me yesterday about the priests in the news "Is it because they don't marry? And do you think they should marry then maybe it will satisfy their desire?" My answer was "It is a disguise and Satan is the master of deception. When they get caught it makes the church look bad. Very diabolical tactic." Another incident was a "group" claiming to be Jesus followers getting caught in something with children and a lady in the ministry came to me and said "How can those Christians do that?" I was surprised she would think they were Christians and said, "What? Those people were not following Jesus they were worshiping Satan" She had a hard time understanding, because they said they were Christians.

It is a war and here on the forum the best to do is weed them out by ignoring them. In person I could pray over them and they leave quickly, but here all you can do is ignore them. Other then that they will waste your time and upset you. Some people on here have the gift to discern demons, but if you can't it is best to ignore if you feel uncomfortable. They can really twist your mind and make you feel insecure.

Pro 26:4 Answer not a fool according to their folly, lest thou also be like unto them.
Pro 26:5 Answer a fool according to their folly, lest they be wise in their own conceit.
[Don't be silly [immature] with the fool. Let the fool know they are being silly [immature].
Pro 26:11 As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool returns to his silliness.
Pro 26:12 See them wise in their own eyes? There is more hope of a fool than of them.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding.
Pro 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge JESUS, and he shall direct your path.
Pro 3:7 Be not wise in your own eyes: respect the LORD, and depart from evil.

Look at the situation as if you are in the presence of a bratty child.
Are you going to feel bad because of what a child says or try to reason with a child?

It helps me as I get hurt by some things people say if I don't look at it in perspective. Not easy being a Christian in this world.
Hope you are okay and can put this into better perspective.

zipzaddle

Aug 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
I have been accused by a troll of being a troll.
Here we go. Opened the troll door. The trolls need not panic. Nobody got accused of trolling.

Let us not go down the rabbit hole and off subject
"Christians" Attacking and Slandering Christians What is more Pathetic??"

Was just saying not everyone who says they are Christians are and there are more examples than just trolls in post.

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here we go. Opened the troll door. The trolls need not panic. Nobody got accused of trolling.

Let us not go down the rabbit hole and off subject
"Christians" Attacking and Slandering Christians What is more Pathetic??"

Was just saying not everyone who says they are Christians are and there are more examples than just trolls in post.

There are a lot of people who hate their neighbors and attempt to justify it and even celebrate it. It reminds me a father who hands his kid a snake and calls it fish

zipzaddle

Aug 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
There are a lot of people who hate their neighbors and attempt to justify it and even celebrate it. It reminds me a f..ather who hands his kid a snake and calls it fish
Good verse for faith in God.

The night Jesus was arrested He was in such stress that He asked God "Take this cup from me, but Your will be done not Mine." He had much faith in understanding God's plan was better. Throughout the humiliation, torture and eventual death Jesus stayed true to God. Like Jesus said, "Forgive them for they don't know what they are doing." Maybe people just do not understand God and the chance they have to live peacefully and joyfully in God's Kingdom.

I think about when I was lost in the world and had no idea how happy I could be. That type of life seemed so far away and an impossibility to achieve at that time. Today it is a reality. Thou are in the kingdom of God if... Mark 12:30 thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength. No greater place is there to be.

Reactions: Willie T

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well...I'd have to disagree with you here! I think it's quite possible to disagree with a person over many different topics and still not be nasty or shallow/insincere. Just because you disagree, it doesn't mean you despise them or their ideas. I think, perhaps unfortunately, that many people think exactly that though, which leads to some of the confrontations we see on this forum.
I think part of the problem is the nature of the beast, so to speak. Our faith is such a massive part of ourselves; such a private, personal, intimate expression of what we think matters most in this life. And when we are confronted by someone who challenges those beliefs, we tend to lash out. After all, to accept that those challenges could have a sound basis would be tantamount to accepting your foundation had cracks in it.
I think the key to this is to just be sure. As in, confident in the one who holds the truth. So what if your understanding is perhaps flawed? God's truth will stand, regardless of your human failing or intellect. If you are sure of what the bible teaches, and that that person over there is wrong, then that's sad for them. Sure, have a conversation about it. Learn about what they think, grow in your own understanding about what you believe. But ultimately its not up to you to hold the foundation of truth and the universe. It's up to God. And I think that should free us up to converse with others about what they believe without the need to get really nasty. Sure, try and point to God's truth, if you are sure...God calls us to be beacons of light, and to be passionate about it! But if we can't get through, or we can't answer something, or someone else is being nasty...it's really on them, and on the strength of God's truth. And I think he can take it. We can walk away secure, knowing that despite how the conversation went, who may have "come out on top", we presented our view and shone our light. That's all we can do, right?

Yes.

But

This requires us to not over identify with our beliefs

Reactions: Willie T

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes.

But

This requires us to not over identify with our beliefs

"Yes...but". Don't you love those two words?! I seem to use them often!
And you're right, of course, to a very real extent, to be able to shrug it all off and walk away does mean, in a 'life on the ground' way, that we don't have our beliefs so interwoven into our soul that it doesn't shake our very core to have someone question them. That's probably why we see so many arguments on a place like this.
However (notice my sneaky use of something other than 'but'?)...I do think that it should be something we can still work towards, and something that is possible. Just as our core beliefs are a part of our inner selves, so to, as we grow in Christ-like-ness, is the Spirit. Shouldn't we, as maturing Christians, be able to take a breath, pray, and then speak, sure in the knowledge of who upholds all truth and righteousness?

I don't know. Maybe I'm wishful thinking, and this is something that will only be realized in the next life. But I think either way, it can't really hurt to strive for it, can it?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Yes...but". Don't you love those two words?! I seem to use them often!
And you're right, of course, to a very real extent, to be able to shrug it all off and walk away does mean, in a 'life on the ground' way, that we don't have our beliefs so interwoven into our soul that it doesn't shake our very core to have someone question them. That's probably why we see so many arguments on a place like this.
However (notice my sneaky use of something other than 'but'?)...I do think that it should be something we can still work towards, and something that is possible. Just as our core beliefs are a part of our inner selves, so to, as we grow in Christ-like-ness, is the Spirit. Shouldn't we, as maturing Christians, be able to take a breath, pray, and then speak, sure in the knowledge of who upholds all truth and righteousness?

I don't know. Maybe I'm wishful thinking, and this is something that will only be realized in the next life. But I think either way, it can't really hurt to strive for it, can it?

I think the ‘breath’ you are talking about is essential. It is faith....the space we create by suspending our disbelief.....it allows us flexibility and places us in the role of observer instead of feeling attacked.

And yes, (not but) we are capable of being meta-spiritual - we have the ability to witness our own spirituality from a distance....if we praactice. Contemplation involves meta-spirituality....

Our false self spirituality is overidentified.....sitting in the seat of our true self gives us perspective and the ability to respect others and even learn.

Reactions: Naomi25

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'He came unto His own,
.. and His own received Him not.
.... But as many as received Him,
...... to them gave He power to become the sons of God,
........ even to them that believe on His name:
which were born,
.. not of blood,
.... nor of the will of the flesh,
...... nor of the will of man,
........ but of God.'

(John 1:11-13)

Hello Mary,

Medical science has given us the opportunity to do right or to do wrong in so many ways hasn't it? by giving us options. Decisions are required of us now that were unavailable in days gone by. This brings responsibility. It is ironic that Eve was beguiled by Satan into believing that she would be like God, knowing good from evil, if she ate of the fruit of the tree. Now, in our day, she is having to make decisions that only God has the shoulders to bare, decisions that only He should make. That is what knowledge has brought us. We are having to reap what we have sown it seems.

My Mother had a down syndrome child in her late forties, a lovely boy, who was a joy in so many ways. Today, the opportunity is given to abort a child who has an abnormality. Mum would not have had an abortion, even had she known, so we would not have been deprived of my brother. Today many are choosing to make the decision to deprive a child of life because medical testing has advanced to the point where diagnoses brings knowledge, but with knowledge comes responsibility, and with responsibility comes accountability, and therefore judgement.

We will all have to stand before God one day, when the decision of life or death will be His to make and not ours.

There is only silence left when faced with that prospect.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Thank you Chris. Lovely story and very graceful of you. From your response I can't tell if you believe abortion is a sin or not a sin?

It seems to me you are suggesting that God will judge Marymog harshly when I stand before Him since you talk about being responsible and accountable and ultimately judgment. I feel like you are suggesting (judging me) that I am not being responsible and I will be held accountable on judgment day for my irresponsible decision. Is that what you are suggesting?

As I have shown you from scripture life doesn't begin until one takes their first breath. One can only be deprived of life AFTER they have taken their first breath. Then it is called murder.

God has already made the decision. It is in scripture. Life doesn't begin until we take our first breath.

Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without Jesus, "Yes", you would be. Just like I would be for the lives I have taken. Both of us wish we could rationalize away our responsibilities... I, claiming defense of my country, and you using whatever you have come up with. But the facts remain that we both chose to shorten God's original intent.