"Christians" Attacking and Slandering Christians What is more Pathetic??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone that does not understand the word "attack" is far beyond my help!!
Thank you. Maybe it would be easier for you to answer if I explained myself better?

If I tell the person that uses Scripture to support abortion (or a person who participates in an abortion) that their belief/practice is opposite of the teachings of scripture and if they support the killing of a baby then they will go to hell.....Is that an attack?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.
Psalm 139:16 English Standard Version (ESV)
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them
God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being."

The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life."

I would like to add Numbers 5:20-22 to my side also.

Your 2 scripture references does not cancel out my 3 references to scripture.

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I, Marymog, contend that a human was not truly formed or "living" until the first breath entered it's lungs and the child was able to breathe on his own.

And then we have John the Baptist in his mothers womb , not yet ready to be born....who "leaped within her womb," at the very voice of the greetings of Mary to Elizabeth!! Plus ...
15 For he ( John) shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb."

So it seems no natural breath was needed for God to consider him ALIVE and alert to the voice of Mary.

But, I am sure that you agree with this. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you. Maybe it would be easier for you to answer if I explained myself better?

If I tell the person that uses Scripture to support abortion (or a person who participates in an abortion) that their belief/practice is opposite of the teachings of scripture and if they support the killing of a baby then they will go to hell.....Is that an attack?

Mary

On these forums I always consider the 'tone' of a rebuttal.
When a person responds rudely or with sarcasm..then I don't even bother to respond.
It is not so much what is said, it is how it is said...

Some here like to belittle in their responses...as in trying to make a person look silly.
I reported a person last week when his response always started with- "Silly ...the-name-here "...it was rude and belittling. So I clicked the report button...because that is what it is there for. :)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then we have John the Baptist in his mothers womb , not yet ready to be born....who "leaped within her womb," at the very voice of the greetings of Mary to Elizabeth!! Plus ...
15 For he ( John) shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb."

So it seems no natural breath was needed for God to consider him ALIVE and alert to the voice of Mary.

But, I am sure that you agree with this. :)
Thank you BG. I forgot about that passage.

I do agree with it.....I thought I made it clear I am being the devils advocate in this conversation!! Maybe I haven't been clear but I think YOU know me well enough to have figured that out. :)

Mary

Reactions: Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On these forums I always consider the 'tone' of a rebuttal.
When a person responds rudely or with sarcasm..then I don't even bother to respond.
It is not so much what is said, it is how it is said...

Some here like to belittle in their responses...as in trying to make a person look silly.
I reported a person last week when his response always started with- "Silly ...the-name-here "...it was rude and belittling. So I clicked the report button...because that is what it is there for. :)
Thank you BG.

My focus is more on what an "attack" is ( @GISMYS_7 word, not mine).

Do you feel a person being 'rude' or using "sarcasm" or 'belittling" you is an "attack" on you?

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes @Marymog .. :)
That is why I said...I am sure you agree with this.

...........H

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you BG.

My focus is more on what an "attack" is ( @GISMYS_7 word, not mine).

Do you feel a person being 'rude' or using "sarcasm" or 'belittling" you is an "attack" on you?

Mary

Yes I do.
A disagreement over the view or interpretation of a scripture passage is one thing...but when it gets personal..as is belittling..and sarcasm ..that I do call an attack , because it can be hurtful....it is like a playground bully.
It is exalting oneself by putting the other person down...
If I called you " Silly Mary, or stupid Mary...that is elevating myself and putting you down.
Which I have seen on here. Any character and personal remarks is 'to me' bullying and hurtful.. ( maybe others don't mind, I do :) )

One man...thankfully I have not seen for a long time...called me a silly old woman... or "old and silly" something like that.
Needless to say I did not address his post because he was addressing me personally, not my post content. I just stepped over him and moved on...

Reactions: amadeus

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I do.
A disagreement over the view or interpretation of a scripture passage is one thing...but when it gets personal..as is belittling..and sarcasm ..that I do call an attack , because it can be hurtful....it is like a playground bully.
It is exalting oneself by putting the other person down...
If I called you " Silly Mary, or stupid Mary...that is elevating myself and putting you down.
Which I have seen on here. Any character and personal remarks is 'to me' bullying and hurtful.. ( maybe others don't mind, I do :) )

One man...thankfully I have not seen for a long time...called me a silly old woman... or "old and silly" something like that.
Needless to say I did not address his post because he was addressing me personally, not my post content. I just stepped over him and moved on...
Thank you BG.

I am sorry that happened to you. Sometimes I feel that we (women) get talked to differently by the men on here compared to when they are talking to each other. I don't understand why. :(

Respectfully....Mary

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talking down to people is easily detectable in posts. It is rude. Doctrine and scripture and dogma are all great topics for discussion and agreement or disagreement, but they should never be used to determine a person’s relationship with Jesus.......even the wackiest posts are written by people who are just trying to navigate life.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talking down to people is easily detectable in posts. It is rude. Doctrine and scripture and dogma are all great topics for discussion and agreement or disagreement, but they should never be used to determine a person’s relationship with Jesus.......even the wackiest posts are written by people who are just trying to navigate life.
"Or, you can just hit the IGNORE button." :rolleyes:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doctrine is a great topic for discussion and one should not determine another persons relationship with Jesus based on doctrine.

Dogma is not up for discussion. The TRUTH is not up for discussion.

Dogma defined: a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority (in this case God) as incontrovertibly true

But I get the gist of what you are saying. :)

Mary

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only topic that is not up for discussion with me is the Eucharist. Too sacred

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Excellent post...and "right on".

I have never used the ignore button...mainly because a person who did do so told me it get confusing after a while...because the post is still there, but you cannot tell who wrote it. So it doesn't remove the actual posts.
True or not I have no idea.

I ignore, but without the button...I just skip the posts by them as I know that I will not like it.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Charity.

I gave the example of abortion. I asked is it an "attack" if I passionately and vehemently disagree with a person who believes abortion is supported in scripture. How would you, Charity, using grace and respect to disagree with a fellow forum member? Would you show me how to do this?

Here is my argument on how abortion is not murder: In Genesis 2:7 God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being." In Job 33:4 it states: "The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life."

I, Marymog, contend that a human was not truly formed or "living" until the first breath entered it's lungs and the child was able to breathe on his own.

What say you?? Thank you in advance....
Mary

'He came unto His own,
.. and His own received Him not.
.... But as many as received Him,
...... to them gave He power to become the sons of God,
........ even to them that believe on His name:
which were born,
.. not of blood,
.... nor of the will of the flesh,
...... nor of the will of man,
........ but of God.'

(John 1:11-13)

Hello Mary,

Medical science has given us the opportunity to do right or to do wrong in so many ways hasn't it? by giving us options. Decisions are required of us now that were unavailable in days gone by. This brings responsibility. It is ironic that Eve was beguiled by Satan into believing that she would be like God, knowing good from evil, if she ate of the fruit of the tree. Now, in our day, she is having to make decisions that only God has the shoulders to bare, decisions that only He should make. That is what knowledge has brought us. We are having to reap what we have sown it seems.

My Mother had a down syndrome child in her late forties, a lovely boy, who was a joy in so many ways. Today, the opportunity is given to abort a child who has an abnormality. Mum would not have had an abortion, even had she known, so we would not have been deprived of my brother. Today many are choosing to make the decision to deprive a child of life because medical testing has advanced to the point where diagnoses brings knowledge, but with knowledge comes responsibility, and with responsibility comes accountability, and therefore judgement.

We will all have to stand before God one day, when the decision of life or death will be His to make and not ours.

There is only silence left when faced with that prospect.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited: