"Christians" Attacking and Slandering Christians What is more Pathetic??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Especially when there is no correction per His words out of Christ's love for the one that is being "attacked" in the hopes it will lead to awareness and repentance as God only can causes the increase.

When believers act like Pharisees in just condemning the believer instead of condemning the sin or exposing the works of darkness in the hopes it will lead to repentance, then there is no love.
I read where an inspired writer said that even Jesus' most stern rebukes against the Pharisees - like when He said their father was the devil - were spoken with tears of anguish in His voice for those who hated Him Who loved them so much.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For Christians discussing Bible truths, the only thing that should be in view is "What do the 66 books of the Scriptures say"?
Ah...yes. This is true. But, this covers so very much, don't you see? The bible tells us to stand for truth, but also to love our enemies and neighbors. So, even if we just took these 3 issues and fleshed out the doctrines with all the bible verses that spoke on them, we have such a fullness that leads to understanding and action in regards to how we should deal with others. It's not just knowledge, not just 'what does it say'. It's 'what does it say we should do'? And think, and act, and interact. And it always seems to come back to our standing with God and what he's done for us. Of course. So, therefore, even in our interactions with others, as the bible calls us to love them in our differences, even as we stand for truth, we do so secure in the knowledge of who we are in Jesus. It's his story, not ours.

Reactions: Philip James

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your last few words there are pretty much what I said at first..... we often end up just shutting our mouths and walking away. If we stay and "converse", our conversation usually becomes far less than the truth we believe in.
Well, perhaps that is what you meant, but you seemed to say that all you could achieve is shallow and insincere dialogue. My point (although perhaps I too didn't get it across) was that at times all we can do is calmly speak the truth, and then leave it alone. But just because we do it calmly, and then don't persist in an argument to try and get it across (please God help me work on this!!), doesn't make it shallow or insincere.

Reactions: charity

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read where an inspired writer said that even Jesus' most stern rebukes against the Pharisees - like when He said their father was the devil - were spoken with tears of anguish in His voice for those who hated Him Who loved them so much.

Even when He was on the cross as He prayed to the Father even for those who had plotted His death.

Luke 23:33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. 34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. 35 And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.

Peter has this to say about that incident.

1 Peter 2:19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. 20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. 21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: 23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: 24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My prayer each morning = God please help me to live a more pleasing life today than I lived yesterday and guide my every thought,word and action. Amen and PTL.

‘For this cause we also,
.. since the day we heard it,
.... do not cease to pray for you,
...... and to desire that ye might be filled
........ with the knowledge of His will
.......... in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
............ That ye might walk worthy of the Lord
unto all pleasing,
being fruitful in every good work,
.. and increasing in the knowledge of God;
.... Strengthened with all might,
...... according to His glorious power,
........ unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
Giving thanks unto the Father,
.. which hath made us meet
.... to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness,
.. and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son:
.... In whom we have redemption through His blood,
...... even the forgiveness of sins:’

(Col 1:9-14)

Praise His Holy Name!

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like to get back to what is really important to post on a "Christian" message board.

Yes!! There is NO greater event in the life of believers dead or alive than the ""very near""Rapture (catching up of all believers dead and alive and given new immortal bodies and then return to heaven with Jesus. Will you be left behind?? Come quickly Lord Jesus!!

We are All One Breath away from Eternity! Might Today be your Last Day on Earth??Every day of our lives, we live one breath away from eternity. The most important question of life is: Am I ready to meet God?

If you are not, and you wish to acknowledge God as your Father through His Son, Jesus Christ, just pray this simple prayer from the heart and you will become a member of the family of God, with heaven as your eternal home.
Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus died for my sins. I am willing to turn away from my sin and live a godly life. I now invite Jesus Christ into my heart as my Lord and Savior. I am willing, with God’s help, from this day forward to follow Christ as Lord of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

At this moment, you have discovered the ultimate secret of being happy in an unhappy world. It'’s knowing that God is your heavenly Father, that Jesus is your Lord and Savior, and that heaven is your eternal home! PTL.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christians" Attacking and Slandering Christians What is more Pathetic?? Why do satan"s work? Why help satan? Why allow satan to use you as his tool, fool, puppet?? Think!!

First, all communication with others should be in love...for another's benefit, not our own. It takes discernment to see what is helpful and what is harmful. It is crucial to be able to exhort others...and even correct others but in a way that is not a personal attack. It must bring life not death. Often hearing the truth is like going to a dentist. And most people HATE going to dentists. :)

But often any attempt at the truth..even with tearful intent, will just be seen as an attack. But an attack on what? An attack on the inner man...or the sinful outer man that seeks to control the narrative?

So we must be on guard for doctrines that leave the outer man in control. The gospel is easily misunderstood and mis-applied. That is due to the nature of salvation. it is a conflict of interest to claim salvation for ourselves...and who more than the natural outer man seeks to be saved.

That is why Jesus said...he who seeks to save his life will lose it...but he who gives up his life will save it. So to follow Christ means to leave entirely behind our old lives.

What complicates the matter are they (all or most of us at times) who are only willing to leave our lives partially behind...keeping back what we think is the best stuff. Like king Saul. Then we can defend ourselves for what Christ did for us...as if he was a shield against the truth...rather than the Lord of truth.

O, the humanity!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I kind of figure He is a LITTLE pleased if our trend is toward blowing it less and less as time goes by.

Yes...but as long as we aren't ever using this to defend ourselves or justify ourselves.

We are to not notice the good we do...but be hard on ourselves.

So then it is wise to be hard on ourselves but easy on others. Rather than what we see so much...they that go easy on themselves but hard on others. We are to believe in a God who justifies the ungodly (hopefully not ourselves being that way)...and in so doing are ourselves justified.

Rom. 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

Our calling is to follow Christ...never comparing ourselves with others...because we must assume that they are running a fair to good race themselves (even if there is little evidence to that effect). I am speaking of brethren who love the Lord, of course. So we are to esteem others higher than ourselves. We KNOW what it is WE need to overcome...but others we must wait on the Lord for His guidance in a spiritual gift..so that we may not judge anything from ourselves.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians" Attacking and Slandering Christians What is more Pathetic?? Why do satan"s work? Why help satan? Why allow satan to use you as his tool, fool, puppet?? Think!!
What do we say to a "Christian" who believes abortion is not a sin and uses the bible to back it up?

If I passionately and vehemently disagree with them is that an "attack"?

Mary

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to get YOUR definition of an "attack".

Mary

Hello Mary,
The very nature of a debate is to express your thoughts concerning a subject. If you disagree with a fellow forum member you can make that clear. What matters is the way in which you express it. If it is done respectfully, and with grace, then no offence will be caused, but if with rudeness and personal accusation then that would be viewed as 'attack'.

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Mary,
The very nature of a debate is to express your thoughts concerning a subject. If you disagree with a fellow forum member you can make that clear. What matters is the way in which you express it. If it is done respectfully, and with grace, then no offence will be caused, but if with rudeness and personal accusation then that would be viewed as 'attack'.

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris
Thank you Charity.

I gave the example of abortion. I asked is it an "attack" if I passionately and vehemently disagree with a person who believes abortion is supported in scripture. How would you, Charity, using grace and respect to disagree with a fellow forum member? Would you show me how to do this?

Here is my argument on how abortion is not murder: In Genesis 2:7 God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being." In Job 33:4 it states: "The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life."

I, Marymog, contend that a human was not truly formed or "living" until the first breath entered it's lungs and the child was able to breathe on his own.

What say you?? Thank you in advance....

Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Charity.

I gave the example of abortion. I asked is it an "attack" if I passionately and vehemently disagree with a person who believes abortion is supported in scripture. How would you, Charity, using grace and respect to disagree with a fellow forum member? Would you show me how to do this?

Here is my argument on how abortion is not murder: In Genesis 2:7 God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being." In Job 33:4 it states: "The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life."

I, Marymog, contend that a human was not truly formed or "living" until the first breath entered it's lungs and the child was able to breathe on his own.

What say you?? Thank you in advance....

Mary
I wonder why it is that a woman who has lost a desired and wanted child doesn't just shrug it off like just a bowel movement that may be different next time?

I suspect there may be more to the formation of life than you might want to see. But, it is yours to see things as you will.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.
Psalm 139:16 English Standard Version (ESV)
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And the following, also in Psalms 139:

Psalm 139:13

For thou hast possessed my rains; for thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder why it is that a woman who has lost a desired and wanted child doesn't just shrug it off like just a bowel movement that may be different next time?

I suspect there may be more to the formation of life than you might want to see. But, it is yours to see things as you will.
I don't understand what you are saying.

Are you suggesting that I believe abortion is OK???

Curious Mary