Christians Cast into "Hell" for Not Abiding?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a lot of people here that have read the Bible. There maybe scriptures they do not like or scriptures they do not understand. But most know the scriptures and the ones that do not like certain scripture or have cherry picked the scriptures to formulate their beliefs, they play a shell game here, and even with themselves. "I will give you a scripture that proves yours wrong". LOL You might want to look at the overall theme and the Spirit of Christ.

1. Most know that the Apostles throughout the New Testament warned about sinning and the punishments for it. They were not empty warnings and they were not talking to non-Christians about sinning....LOL....because sinning does not matter if you are not a Christian....either way you are going to Hell...Ahhh!

2. Some of the misunderstandings are about saved and a perceived guarantee of Heaven. It is human nature to like guarantees. Death and taxes? Nope. Some go their whole lives and not pay taxes and God obviously can take you body and soul. There is only one guarantee for humans in this reality. That is, once you are saved, you belong to Christ. There is no such thing as unsaved or not becoming a Christian or loosing your Christianity. That is the wrong way to look at it! Christ redeemed us....that means He paid for us. Once we become a Christian, we belong to Christ and no one can take us from Him. But some do not understand that in the end, He can judge us to Heaven or judge us to Hell. Those that do not believe in Him are already judged.

3 You can chase your tails throwing scriptures at each other....But the overall concept for Christians is be good and do good. The whole New Testament is full of what happens if you are not good and Christ explained in detail what happen to you if you do not do good for one another. If you understand the scriptures and understand the Spirit of Christ you will understand the overall meaning. Pray for those that spend their lives having to deny half of the New Testament to believe what they believe. Every time they open the Bible it is a slap in the face....even if it is just them and the Bible, they find themselves arguing with the Bible. Or only looking at the scriptures that they like.

4. The bottom line, there is nothing in the Bible that would suggest sinning is tenet of faith for Christianity.
Nothing in the Bible that would suggest that Christ was crucified for our sins....so we could go on sinning! Nothing in the Bible that would suggest tolerance to sin. Nothing in the Bible that embraces evil. Nothing in the Bible that suggest that Christ will be handing out free pass on Judgment Day to Christians. All will be judged on what they have done. Nothing in the Bible to suggest that sinful Christians and evil people will fill Heaven.... there is a place for that and it is called Hell. And the New Testament speaks against any of this OSAS trash.

5. The desire for guarantees and fear push people to heresies like OSAS and Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not that they cannot read....they are picking and choosing what to believe. Fear is a strong motivator. But there is no reason for it in Christianity, if you embrace morality you are good to go. If you do not embrace morality, pack the barbeque sauce, cauz ya going to need it. No reason for all this, salvation is secure. Forgiveness is ours! If you are honest and truthful with Christ and honestly try to be as good as you can....and that is most of us.... Forgiveness and Heaven is ours. If you are thinking that Christianity is not a religion of morals and you are going to be defiant and rebellious and do whatever you want....Judgment Day will be a horror for you and you will sing to eternity your screams of agony.

6. Be good and do good....if you are a Christian and want to go to Heaven....But do whatever you want if you want to go to Hell. Christ has no use for a relationship with evil, He will tell you that he never knew you.
Be good and do good....honestly do the best you can...Could this plan of salvation be about raising the bar so high that most could not reach it.....That would be more like the Mosaic Law. God so loved the world....this plan of salvation was designed to have a high success rate. Why would God's Son be nailed to the cross for anything less? Salvation is secure....Be good and do good. Love God and one another.

Be good and do good.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Meat is for discerning good & evil.

Milk is just growing in the knowledge of Him.

I have noticed with myself that what the Lord was trying to correct me, I was not able to accept until I had to see that not every thing the church had taught me was Biblical.

Since we prophesy in part and know in part also, I see milk and meat at all stages in life. So it really boils down to God causing the increase as in enabling us to see and hear since we are the work of His hands. More reasons to give Him thanks for the truth we had received from Him & thannks for the hope in Him that He will continue to do so. 2 Timothy 4:18.

Actually the KJV reading has body for carcass and eagles for vultures in Luke 17:37.

Looking at the Greek, since a message can be lost in translation, "sunago" is the Greek word for "gathered together" in English which is with hospitality to entertain or to resort in. The Greek word for eagles is "aetos" as also referring to winglike flight. So those taken are with wing-like flight to the Marriage Supper in Heaven, thus escaping the fiery calamity that is coming on the earth, & the eventual great tribulation when the beast wages war on the saints to kill them with the sword & hunger, you will not want to be left behind, brother. 2 Peter 3:3-18 & Luke 17:26-37
yes ok, ty
a great example of “meat” imo :)

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Meat is for discerning good & evil.
Yes! Very good and very simple. Most explanations I have heard or given myself were much longer and more complicated... even if ultimately in that simplicity is the totality of it.

Let your, yea, be yea and your, nay, be nay!

Milk is just growing in the knowledge of Him.
God bless the babies on milk!
I have noticed with myself that what the Lord was trying to correct me, I was not able to accept until I had to see that not every thing the church had taught me was Biblical.
Or it was biblical but misunderstood by the teachers and by me too. It still happens to me.
Since we prophesy in part and know in part also, I see milk and meat at all stages in life. So it really boils down to God causing the increase as in enabling us to see and hear since we are the work of His hands. More reasons to give Him thanks for the truth we had received from Him & thannks for the hope in Him that He will continue to do so. 2 Timothy 4:18.
Amen!

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please define the word Saints Chris.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Saints are the sons of God.

Before the sons of God became the nation of Israel, they were of the godly lineage of Seth. Many have gone astray marrying outside that lineage for why only a few remain, Noah & his family, that survived the global flood.

Since then, that lineage that followed the godly practice of the sons of God led to Abraham while the rest went their own way eventually. It does not prove that Abraham did anything in regards to that practice but God called him out for his heart was towards God.

When the nation of Israel came about, those who had joined Judaism were known as the sons of God regardless of not being of the bloodline. It was still forbidden to marry outside the nation of Israel. That is why the Samaritans were considered outcasts of mixed marriage & beliefs with the Jews.

But now only those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, even in His name, are the sons of God as they are no longer born by bloodline nor the will of men keeping Judaism, but born of God by believing in Jesus Christ, even in His name.

This is why I define saints as the sons of God in referring to both O.T. saints & N.T. saints.

Although Abraham's bosom aka Paradise was located beneath the earth & across that great gulf from hell, per Jesus's account in Luke 16:19-31, but since His ascension, those O.T. saints in Abraham's bosom aka Paradise, are now in Heaven where Paradise has been relocated; 2 Corinthians 12:1-4

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! Very good and very simple. Most explanations I have heard or given myself were much longer and more complicated... even if ultimately that the totality of it.

Let your, yea, be yea and your, nay, be nay!
Milk is just growing in the knowledge of Him.[/quote]
God bless the babies on milk!

Or it was biblical but misunderstood by the teachers and by me too. It still happens to me.

Amen![/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, brother amadeus, in still sharing my concern for you.

This also applies to the supernatural for why the apostle John warned believers not to believer every spirit but test them & the tongues they bring in 1 John 4:1-6

John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

This video compares the supernatural phenomenon in the Christian churches with the same phenomenon happening in Khundalini, an eastern mysticism, that was in happening before Pentecost.

As you watch the video, ask Him this question, how can sinners know they have departed from those spirits & that kind of tongue if it is also found in Christianity?

How can the church know if those sinners have departed from those spirits and that kind of tongue if the church believes God's gift of tongues can also be for private use, in being gibberish nonsense like pagan's supernatural tongue?

I pray you are asking Jesus for discernment as He did lead you out of the Catholic Church in a better relationship with Him. You should consider that He may lead you to shun that kind of tongue and pray normally so you can give the Father thanks in Jesus's name for known answers to normal prayers.

I pray the Lord is also helping you through the medical crisis you are in.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a heads up, brother amadeus, in still sharing my concern for you...

This also applies to the supernatural for why the apostle John warned believers not to believer every spirit but test them & the tongues they bring in 1 John 4:1-6

John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
I pray the Lord is also helping you through the medical crisis you are in.
Thank you for your concern about my health. I leave that in God's able hands. All prayers and encouragements are greatly appreciated.

On the tongues... I purposely backed away from that discussion previously as not edifying either one of us. I'll not renew it here. You have said nothing I have not heard before and your posted video I saw a long time ago.

Give God the glory!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your concern about my health. I leave that in God's able hands. All prayers and encouragements are greatly appreciated.

On the tongues... I purposely backed away from that discussion previously as not edifying either one of us. I'll not renew it here. You have said nothing I have not heard before and your posted video I saw a long time ago.

Give God the glory!

Then I leave you also in God's hands, brother, as commanded by the Lord as I need His help to do it. 2 Thessalonians 3:1-7

Withdrawing from all further conversation with you, brother. 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Saints are the sons of God.

Before the sons of God became the nation of Israel, they were of the godly lineage of Seth. Many have gone astray marrying outside that lineage for why only a few remain, Noah & his family, that survived the global flood.

Since then, that lineage that followed the godly practice of the sons of God led to Abraham while the rest went their own way eventually. It does not prove that Abraham did anything in regards to that practice but God called him out for his heart was towards God.

When the nation of Israel came about, those who had joined Judaism were known as the sons of God regardless of not being of the bloodline. It was still forbidden to marry outside the nation of Israel. That is why the Samaritans were considered outcasts of mixed marriage & beliefs with the Jews.

But now only those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, even in His name, are the sons of God as they are no longer born by bloodline nor the will of men keeping Judaism, but born of God by believing in Jesus Christ, even in His name.

This is why I define saints as the sons of God in referring to both O.T. saints & N.T. saints.

Although Abraham's bosom aka Paradise was located beneath the earth & across that great gulf from hell, per Jesus's account in Luke 16:19-31, but since His ascension, those O.T. saints in Abraham's bosom aka Paradise, are now in Heaven where Paradise has been relocated; 2 Corinthians 12:1-4

Thanks much for you explanation sir, now compare, we believe the "saints" are the born again spirit anointed brothers of Jesus who are redeemed from the earth to serve as Kings and Priests over the earth in the Kingdom of God, and are to become the bride of Christ. Since the holy spirit was not poured out on people previous to pentecost 33 CE, no person who died prior to that event, is of the saints.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks much for you explanation sir, now compare, we believe the "saints" are the born again spirit anointed brothers of Jesus who are redeemed from the earth to serve as Kings and Priests over the earth in the Kingdom of God, and are to become the bride of Christ. Since the holy spirit was not poured out on people previous to pentecost 33 CE, no person who died prior to that event, is of the saints.

Au contraire Look who is being raptured to sit down at that Supper Table in Heaven.

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

That is why Paradise is now in Heaven as the O.T. saints are awaiting to take part of the firstfruits of the resurrection with other N.T. saints at the rapture event when the Bridegroom comes for the abiding bride of Christ to take to the Marriage Supper in Heaven.

That is why Jesus is warning the believers to be ready or else for why the living unrepentant saints will be cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation.

Revelation 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. 24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

The other N.T. saints' spirits that were dead but were not abiding in Him, will have to wait for their resurrection until after the great tribulation as their numbers will be added by the deaths of those saints going through the great tribulation.

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP^

Anyone whose soul, (regardless of what name tag they wear), shall be:
* cast “down” (Hell) (at time of physical death) for Disbelief...temporary distress.
* cast “out” (Outer Darkness) It/For promoting Disbelief...permanent distress.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP^

Anyone whose soul, (regardless of what name tag they wear), shall be:
* cast “down” (Hell) (at time of physical death) for Disbelief...temporary distress.
* cast “out” (Outer Darkness) It/For promoting Disbelief...permanent distress.

Christians are being warned to depart from iniquity so they may be foud abiding oin Him when He comes.

That hell you are referring to is translated from the Greek word Gehenna which is the valley of slaughter as located in the land of the living.

Jeremiah 19:6Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that this place shall no more be called Tophet, nor The valley of the son of Hinnom, but The valley of slaughter.

Jesus is referring to a hell on earth that is coming and if believers wish to avoid being left behind for not abiding in Him, then they need to go before that throne of grace and ask Jesus Christ for help to discern good & evil by His words to depart from iniquity or else.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure..... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Reactions: Lambano

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are being warned to depart from iniquity so they may be foud abiding oin Him when He comes.

That hell you are referring to is translated from the Greek word Gehenna which is the valley of slaughter as located in the land of the living.

Jeremiah 19:6Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that this place shall no more be called Tophet, nor The valley of the son of Hinnom, but The valley of slaughter.

Jesus is referring to a hell on earth that is coming and if believers wish to avoid being left behind for not abiding in Him, then they need to go before that throne of grace and ask Jesus Christ for help to discern good & evil by His words to depart from iniquity or else.

The Hell I am referring to is in the core of the earth.
The valley of Hinnom ... Broadly accepted English language
Gehenna is a Greek translation of the word Gai-Ben-Hinnom (Hebrew) ... meaning Valley of the Son of Himmon.

Is is an actual valley, outside the city of David (Zion), where men literally burned children alive, and the screams could be heard and the stench of burning flesh could be smelled, and such was that valley an imagination of men of what literal Hell was like.

Hell is not coming to Earth. Devastation is coming to Earth; VIA;
the Wrath of the Lamb of God, (to suffer men on Earth who rejected Him)
...(Seals: Rev 6:16)
the Devils Wrath, (to suffer men who on Earth who rejects him)
...(Trumps; Rev 12:12)
and the Wrath of God (and His cup of indignation) is coming to Earth. (To suffer men on Earth who rejected Him).
...(Vials: Rev 14:10)

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Hell I am referring to is in the core of the earth.
The valley of Hinnom ... Broadly accepted English language
Gehenna is a Greek translation of the word Gai-Ben-Hinnom (Hebrew) ... meaning Valley of the Son of Himmon.

Is is an actual valley, outside the city of David (Zion), where men literally burned children alive, and the screams could be heard and the stench of burning flesh could be smelled, and such was that valley an imagination of men of what literal Hell was like.

Hell is not coming to Earth. Devastation is coming to Earth; VIA;
the Wrath of the Lamb of God, (to suffer men on Earth who rejected Him)
...(Seals: Rev 6:16)
the Devils Wrath, (to suffer men who on Earth who rejects him)
...(Trumps; Rev 12:12)
and the Wrath of God (and His cup of indignation) is coming to Earth. (To suffer men on Earth who rejected Him).
...(Vials: Rev 14:10)

Just check the Greek in those verses that says "hell" & "hellfire" in English and if it is from "geena" aka Gehenna, then it is a hell on earth as referring to a slaughter on earth for what the saved believers are cut off, and cast away, as being dumped into for not being ready nor willing to go.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just check the Greek in those verses that says "hell" & "hellfire" in English and if it is from "geena" aka Gehenna, then it is a hell on earth as referring to a slaughter on earth for what the saved believers are cut off, and cast away, as being dumped into for not being ready nor willing to go.

We always get a foreshadow. It is not hell on earth.
We are getting a foreshadow now, Yet this forming world govt. is not the Devil’s govt.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Au contraire Look who is being raptured to sit down at that Supper Table in Heaven.

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

That is why Paradise is now in Heaven as the O.T. saints are awaiting to take part of the firstfruits of the resurrection with other N.T. saints at the rapture event when the Bridegroom comes for the abiding bride of Christ to take to the Marriage Supper in Heaven.

That is why Jesus is warning the believers to be ready or else for why the living unrepentant saints will be cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation.

Revelation 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. 24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

The other N.T. saints' spirits that were dead but were not abiding in Him, will have to wait for their resurrection until after the great tribulation as their numbers will be added by the deaths of those saints going through the great tribulation.

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

I understand why you believe that way. We believe Jesus used those names similarly to the way he used Abraham in the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, Abraham actually being Jehovah, Isaac therefore representing himself. So we have came to a disagreement at this point. We state that you have to have been baptized by holy spirit for entry into heaven, none who died prior to the first outpouring of it, will be among that group. Now we simply have to wait to see if either of us is correct in our understanding.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We always get a foreshadow. It is not hell on earth.
We are getting a foreshadow now, Yet this forming world govt. is not the Devil’s govt.

If Gehenna is a reference to a place on earth as the valley of slaughter, then that is what Christians & former believers are being cast into for not abiding in Him when the Bridegroom appears for the Marriage Supper in Heaven. Bible Gateway passage: Luke 17:26-37 - King James Version has the saints leaving to escape destruction, and so it will be at the rapture event.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand why you believe that way. We believe Jesus used those names similarly to the way he used Abraham in the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, Abraham actually being Jehovah, Isaac therefore representing himself. So we have came to a disagreement at this point. We state that you have to have been baptized by holy spirit for entry into heaven, none who died prior to the first outpouring of it, will be among that group. Now we simply have to wait to see if either of us is correct in our understanding.

Since it is by believing in Him is how one is baptized with the Holy Ghost, then why could that not be the effect for those in Abraham's bosom aka Paradise when He had descended to preach to those in "prison"?

But you are right. One day we will know the truth but it is possible to ask Jesus for wisdom now in finding that truth today. James 1:5

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since it is by believing in Him is how one is baptized with the Holy Ghost, then why could that not be the effect for those in Abraham's bosom aka Paradise when He had descended to preach to those in "prison"?

But you are right. One day we will know the truth but it is possible to ask Jesus for wisdom now in finding that truth today. James 1:5
Belief is definitely a requirement, but obviously not all believers are baptized with the holy ghost Mat 7:21-23

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief is definitely a requirement, but obviously not all believers are baptized with the holy ghost Mat 7:21-23

Actually, those ones have been baptized with the Holy Ghost but because of iniquity on that foundation which defiles the temple of God Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 - King James Version and when any iniquity or work denies Him ( Titus 1:16 ), is the reason they will be denied by Him ( 2 Timothy 2:12 ), but He still abides, even in former believers left behind ( 2 Timothy 2:13 ).

He will finish His work in those saints that were not ready, that got excommunicated from the Marriage Supper. Philippians 1:6 1 Corinthians 5:4-5

That means all those who have gone astray are still His as that seal of adoption is not going anywhere for why we are not to grieve the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, those ones have been baptized with the Holy Ghost but because of iniquity on that foundation which defiles the temple of God Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 - King James Version and when any iniquity or work denies Him ( Titus 1:16 ), is the reason they will be denied by Him ( 2 Timothy 2:12 ), but He still abides, even in former believers left behind ( 2 Timothy 2:13 ).

He will finish His work in those saints that were not ready, that got excommunicated from the Marriage Supper. Philippians 1:6 1 Corinthians 5:4-5

That means all those who have gone astray are still His as that seal of adoption is not going anywhere for why we are not to grieve the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

those who sin against the holy spirit have no redemption